AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 12:13   Link #28521
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Yuuno doesn't seem to be too concerned about Seikou having blood on her hands.

You never did explicitly name the two Huckebein at the start, did you? The description of the female one back then didn't ring a bell.
Considering that he's friends with the Wolkenritter and knows the Numbers, I'm sure that Yuuno probably can see things in a different light than most people. (Hell, Cinque has a confirmed kill in the series and she's not a bad person.)

No, they weren't named when they first showed up.

Page claim for bad guys.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:51   Link #28522
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
No, actually I wasn't going for constant fear.^^;; The idea was to show a family doing decently well; it's just that the father was bribing officials to keep his daughters from being tested (especially since he knew Marin was a mage). Up until that point, I had pretty much already shown broken homes and families. So technically, they were in a certain fear, but considered themselves okay as long as Jari could keep bribing the Enforcers to look the other way.
You'd shown broken families such that the audience had seem them sure, but Fate hadn't (unless my memory is faulty). It just doesn't seem enough to inspire an upcoming Heel Face Turn, which seems to be where her storyline wants to head.
Old 2011-01-11, 13:01   Link #28523
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Fate's been questioning things since the start iirc. If she's been doing anything its rationalizing for the sake of duty. It might make more sense if she took a chance with nanoha then to somehow line up her thoughts with her. Hmm, I'd have to more thoroughly evaluate this maybe.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 13:05   Link #28524
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Fate's been questioning things since the start iirc. If she's been doing anything its rationalizing for the sake of duty. It might make more sense if she took a chance with nanoha then to somehow line up her thoughts with her.
True; but then why the sidetrip?
Old 2011-01-11, 13:07   Link #28525
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Makes sense to me if I put myself in Kaijo's shoes. Nanoha told her to see things from their shoes, so she did. I think the only way to fix this, if it even needs fixing (or at least for the sake of growing as a writer) is to experiment a bit.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-01-11, 14:14   Link #28526
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

New

Shine Parts 1-5

Shine Part 6

Shine Part 7

Shine Part 8

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 9:

Spoiler for Comments:

Old 2011-01-11, 15:48   Link #28527
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
New

Shine Parts 1-5

Shine Part 6

Shine Part 7

Shine Part 8

Spoiler for Comments:

now after reading this, I got the sinking feeling this were Erio and Caro will fit in to your story nanya....

I mean Erio was made from Project Fate, so manipulation to have a greater Linker Core than average person in his age is possible while Caro is a very powerful dragon summoner, who is so powerful that her tribe was fearful of her and those idiotic pencil pushers from TSAB can say that she's good for tactical use.

And you did gave off that they're reborn as their own gender, so since 4 children was born after New arc. And if we check it out, we got Val, Lina's still unborn son, Erio and Caro. well, it easy who's the reincarnate of those 2 beings from L-Sama as Val was reborn from being a mazuko while Lina's son has a probability of having L-Sama's fragment with him like Nanoha but he's not fitting the criteria of having power beyond average human being since the kid will be born from our lovable person of mass destruction who gave birth to another person of mass destruction who prove love thru superior firepower and a gundam disguised as a magical girl....

I can't wait for the StrikerS arc... will Jail still can succeed in his 1st part of his plan or will get an Epicus Phailus out of it?
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...

Last edited by mega1987; 2011-01-11 at 16:26.
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 18:03   Link #28528
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
New

Shine Parts 1-5

Shine Part 6

Shine Part 7

Shine Part 8

Spoiler for Comments:
I really liked the Lord of Nightmares in this chapter, I don't know why but I did.

Also I thnk that if Dark Star and Vorfeed were in love then their solution to the problem was genius, I mean sure it didn't work and they became a world devouring monster that had to be destroyed but it could have worked.

Them being reborn as humans is an interesting idea, not only does it give them the punishment that L-sama decided upon but it gives them their chance at redemption. Mazoku and Shinzoku might have been the personification of absolute good and absolute evil but humans stand on the border of light and shadows and thus have the right to choose, so they could both become decent people in the coming years.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:37   Link #28529
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Here we go again; time to get this long-awaited party started....

Future Tense

Chapter 29: The Longest Night

In which connections are made, and Nanoha comes full circle in her quest to set right what once went terribly wrong...

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 29: The Longest Night:

"I love writing but hate starting. The page is awfully white and it says, "You may have fooled some of the people some of the time but those days are over, giftless. I'm not your agent and I'm not your mommy. I'm a white piece of paper, you wanna dance with me?" And I really, really don't." - Aaron Sorkin
Next chapter is going to be epic, I personally thought Fate's little side trip was fine, and since Future Tense!Fate had a ton of Darth Vader vibes, a Heel Face Turn is expected. That and she got re-befriended not too long ago.

Hopefully next chapter will come out soon *hint hint*
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 23:26   Link #28530
Justin_Brett

Read up to chapter fifteen in Future Tense.

...really, Kaijo? What was the point of that?

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2011-01-11 at 23:41.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 00:50   Link #28531
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

not a fan of time travel? it's actually pretty ingeniously introduced, but from the way things stand at chapter 29, i wonder if its even needed, hmm

Old 2011-01-12, 00:56   Link #28532
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
not a fan of time travel? it's actually pretty ingeniously introduced, but from the way things stand at chapter 29, i wonder if its even needed, hmm
Heh, and here I was thinking he meant the Fate/Yuuno/Shari romantic history. I would point out, though, that the people who suffered under fifty years of hellish oppression from an increasingly tyrannical TSAB (not to mention the actual victims of the schemers who manipulated things to make it that way), would probably be very much in favor of consigning this reality back to AU status via time travel.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 01:16   Link #28533
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Heh, and here I was thinking he meant the Fate/Yuuno/Shari romantic history. I would point out, though, that the people who suffered under fifty years of hellish oppression from an increasingly tyrannical TSAB (not to mention the actual victims of the schemers who manipulated things to make it that way), would probably be very much in favor of consigning this reality back to AU status via time travel.
Well, luckily, if Yuuno is right and Nanoha manages to succeed, Time travel alters history, and if the timeline splits off, the head of the serpent will have been cut off so the oppressed can have a bettter future. Everyone wins.
Old 2011-01-12, 02:48   Link #28534
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Spoiler for More thoughts on this issue:

Old 2011-01-12, 03:23   Link #28535
Justin_Brett

Actually, I just meant going "Oh no, Agito is dead! Oh wait, Signum is still alive and her sacrifice was pointless! Oh wait, they're BOTH still alive, here's another subplot!"

I mean, did Seikou really need another person dying on her behalf (as far as she knows)? Even she's getting a little tired of it.

Although Yuuno/Fate WAS pretty what the hell, although at least it's admitted such in the next one.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 05:40   Link #28536
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I mean, did Seikou really need another person dying on her behalf (as far as she knows)? Even she's getting a little tired of it.
Easiest way to break a heroic character like Seikou in a cynical story is to have people sacrifice for her. That way you manipulate her into acting for whatever reason the other party sacrificed themselves. In other words she would feel guilty if she stops because their sacrifce was senseless yadda yadda yadda.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:08   Link #28537
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Not a very long part, but, hey, it's what I got.

New

Shine Parts 1-5

Shine Part 6

Shine Part 7

Shine Part 8

Shine Part 9

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Shine Part 10:

Old 2011-01-12, 12:17   Link #28538
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Actually, I just meant going "Oh no, Agito is dead! Oh wait, Signum is still alive and her sacrifice was pointless! Oh wait, they're BOTH still alive, here's another subplot!"
Well, you got Agito in StrikerS telling Signum that if she ever betrayed the ideals that Zest talked about... and Signum replied that she would want Agito to kill her with her flame. I really couldn't avoid the consequences of that one (and to my knowledge, I haven't really seen any fic take up the consequences of that fatal promise). And Signum did die and come back to life once in A's already, so was her "sacrifice" pointless there? ;p
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:24   Link #28539
vic-vic

Quote:

New

Shine Parts 1-5

Shine Part 6

Shine Part 7

Shine Part 8

Shine Part 9

Hoh... now I`m really want to know, what Jail want to achieve?
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:35   Link #28540
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:

New

Shine Parts 1-5

Shine Part 6

Shine Part 7

Shine Part 8

Shine Part 9

Once again Jail has got something up his sleeve, and once again I bet we're not going to find out what it is until the plan has almost come to fruition. It amazes me how much Filia has changed since she was introduced it's just incredible.

Oh, and I like the Due from this world, she's highly amusing.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha