AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 19 42.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 13:43   Link #41
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Was amazed how was Stein figured out who Medusa really is. And Kid never seized to amazed me with his obsession - follow that sun! Great episode
Old 2008-07-24, 14:29   Link #42
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea..but i mad he was shivering afterwords
I wonder if Sid survived
Old 2008-07-24, 16:11   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I loved this episode Kid was all types of hardcore and was really determined to win even though Liz and Patty were ineffective at stopping Chrona. Stein and Medusa OMFG that scene was so intense i think even i was sweating from the killing aura in that room. When they finally clash its going to be epic. Stein never ceases to amazes me with how much he knows and his tactics are great. Damn kid and his obsession i was hoping he would keep chasing Chrona but nooooooooooooooooo he had to chase the sun. I know there is a joke in there somewhere.

The marriage and pregnancy stuff was funny i guess i will actually watch a real sub eventually. Poor Sid i hope hes ok but damn that explosion was pretty damn big i duuno if hes getting out of this one.
It is going to be huge when those two clash again. Was only a short bit with blocking her attack the first time. Much as he might like to avoid it think Spirit will have to team up with Stein once again on this one. Of course long as Stein didn't say it outright that she was a witch could avoid a fight since no way Medusa would want to start something within Shibusen.

Well somehow I think Sid will survive it. Takes a bit to kill a zombie after all. Though I have no doubt that kind of explosion would hurt like hell. Little more concerned about his partner here. Even a weapon will have a tough time with big explosions and collapsing buildings.
Old 2008-07-24, 17:06   Link #44
lmd_84

True, true, Medusa wouldn't have started something in Shibusen right there and then. This appears to be quite the bluff she's pulling off right under the Shinigami's nose. Far too calculated, it seems, to give in on the revelation that Stein's onto her.
Old 2008-07-25, 02:35   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Yea..but i mad he was shivering afterwords
I wonder if Sid survived
I wonder if the word "survive" applies to a zombie. Unsurvive? Surunvive?
Old 2008-07-26, 05:40   Link #46
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

So far so very cool and stylish as usual.

Though...

1) I'm very ambiguous about Patty-Chan right now... Not sure to whether consider her adorably cute or creepy as hell.... Her childish laughter of late has become quite freqent and more often than not inappropriate.

2) Best animated fight of the season to date, with the Exception of Tsubaki vs Demon Blade.

3) Kid GET THERAPY BEFORE YOU GET KILLED!!

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-07-26 at 07:53.
Old 2008-07-26, 07:34   Link #47
lmd_84

I go with the latter where Patty's concerned. Her reaction to some situations is just a neat bit of dark humour.

I'm am really worried Kid's obsession will get him into serious trouble at some point in the series. It's a real liability with him; absurdly powerful, but thanks to his bad habits he doesn't always use his power in the right way.

It seems to me that without his distractions, Kid would have made short work of any opponent he's faced so far, including Chrona and Nidhogg's attacks didn't even faze him once Kid was armed, therefore symmetrical and paying attention. No challenge for him makes things a little less entertaing for us (though, personally, seeing him go all 'serious' in episode 6 was great fun, not least because even then he was holding back).
Old 2008-07-26, 07:51   Link #48
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Though you gotta admit that "Girraffe!! Girraffe!!" scene just makes you wanna give Patty one big giant hug.
Old 2008-07-26, 07:57   Link #49
lmd_84

Yeah.... She's cute in a way, I guess.
Old 2008-07-26, 10:08   Link #50
Torak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Was amazed how was Stein figured out who Medusa really is.
I always new Stein would be the first to know, in fact I think he may of known(had his suspicion) earlier...
Old 2008-07-26, 11:15   Link #51
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Great episode, gotta love the fighting scene.
But while i understand Kidd's problem (or he may be too overpowered), i still feel sore at the fact he left the suspects to chase after the sun >.>

Stein saw through Medusa? Something big is coming up?
Yes!!! I really would like the story to speed up (like FMA perhap) ^^

I don't understand why have you guys been talking about Kidd and pregnancy Medusa through >_O

PS: for a moment, I thought Patty have became serious....but nah she is not
Old 2008-07-26, 11:25   Link #52
ApostleOfGod
^.^

The whole pregnancy and marriage with Kidd and Medusa was due to a parody fansub.

Can't wait to see Stein and Spirit go together. Always wanted to see the Deathscythe at its best.

But I guess everyone's read the manga and thus does not inquire much about Kidd's preposition to Shinigami-sama... **Why can't you leave Shibusen!**.

Kidd is smart too. When the Demon Blade told him of the Demon God that's *under their nose*, Soul-kun was the only one that came to my mind. It overshadowed Shinigami's reason of being unable to leave Shibusen for a period in my mind. But Kidd is really sharp. He picked it up and now his dad's on the spot. Will he lie for his son, or will he tell him the truth, and the whole truth at that?

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-07-26, 11:27   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I go with the latter where Patty's concerned. Her reaction to some situations is just a neat bit of dark humour.

I'm am really worried Kid's obsession will get him into serious trouble at some point in the series. It's a real liability with him; absurdly powerful, but thanks to his bad habits he doesn't always use his power in the right way.

It seems to me that without his distractions, Kid would have made short work of any opponent he's faced so far, including Chrona and Nidhogg's attacks didn't even faze him once Kid was armed, therefore symmetrical and paying attention. No challenge for him makes things a little less entertaing for us (though, personally, seeing him go all 'serious' in episode 6 was great fun, not least because even then he was holding back).
Not so sure about Chrona. She couldn't hurt him, but he couldn't hurt her, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Though you gotta admit that "Girraffe!! Girraffe!!" scene just makes you wanna give Patty one big giant hug.
Only if you're not afraid she'll break your neck or something, just for kicks and giggles.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:45   Link #54
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not so sure about Chrona. She couldn't hurt him, but he couldn't hurt her, either.
This is true, and actually now that I think of it Kid's only advantage was his speed, as that was what allowed him to get a few hits in even though it didn't add up to much.

Given the number of souls Ragnarok consumed from the ship alone, I wonder if Kid using even Death Cannon would have made much of a mark on the creepy duo. Size-for-size Chrona's soul looked far larger using Screech Alpha then Kid's did in episode 6.

Which puts back the only victory (well, more or less...) against Chrona/Ragnarok to Dr. Stein and Mister Albarn.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:04   Link #55
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
Too bad it wasn't an arts & crafts class.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:05   Link #56
KousaCross
Break the Glass World

Send a message via MSN to KousaCross
Patty's psycho face kinda creeps me out O.o
Old 2008-07-27, 05:13   Link #57
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Too bad it wasn't an arts & crafts class.
If it was, she'd probably write a brilliant dissertation on souls, just to mess with everybody.
Old 2008-07-27, 19:16   Link #58
Zoe

Finally watching the late show...

- This eye-catch is the first time I've laughed at the late show in a while
- Medusa was looking for Maka Albarn's file under 'M'?
- Has to be said again, yay Naigs! (her name clearly only has one syllable...)

So next episode has
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-28, 01:44   Link #59
lmd_84

Yeah, I wondered about that bit with Maka's file, too... Hehheh.
Old 2008-07-30, 01:30   Link #60
Slighted

I think SE deserves a little more attention - I mean c'mon, Code Geass gets atleast 1,000 comments for every episode lol.

Great episode - too bad next episode is a filler. Time to start reading the manga
Closed Thread