AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2020-08-16, 14:42   Link #1
Moonlith

Small breasts vs Big breasts rivalry

These are actually character tropes that are probably quite familiar to a lot of people:

A small breasted girl who feels envy of and contempt for big breasts,

And a big breasted girl who is either a smug bitch who likes to rub it in, or who is more innocent and simply winds up as the victim of the small breasted girl's frustrations and wrath (or both).

Basically, I am looking for anime that feature characters like this, preferably with a good bit of focus on that rivalry or their banter and catfight-esque shenanigans.

Can be played for comedy, can be played for fanservice, can be played for flirting / teasing / romantic intimacy. It's all good.
Moonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-16, 19:25   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlith View Post
These are actually character tropes that are probably quite familiar to a lot of people:

A small breasted girl who feels envy of and contempt for big breasts,

And a big breasted girl who is either a smug bitch who likes to rub it in, or who is more innocent and simply winds up as the victim of the small breasted girl's frustrations and wrath (or both).

Basically, I am looking for anime that feature characters like this, preferably with a good bit of focus on that rivalry or their banter and catfight-esque shenanigans.

Can be played for comedy, can be played for fanservice, can be played for flirting / teasing / romantic intimacy. It's all good.
That list is going to get long fast. First thing that came to mind for some reason was Zero no Tsukaima. Pretty much any Shana clone will have some of this really, just due to the attention of a love interest being a good motivator for animosity in that area. Louise winds up fighting quite a bit with the more well-endowed girls in the harem.

Matter of fact, just about any ecchi series with a flat-chested girl will have some scenes with conflict. On top of that, Yuru Yuri has a pair of girls with a mixed ship/rivalry, of whom one is massive and the other is tiny; the small one at one point starts slapping the larger girl's boobs in fury.

Recently, Kaguya-sama has had a fair amount of friction. This's one of multiple points that inspire murderous intent toward Chika, as Kaguya is a small hill while Chika is Mt. Fuji.

Also, Engaged to the Unidentified has a good bit of this. When Kobeni's future sister-in-law Mashiro hears that Kobeni's weight goes to her boobs, she gets rather mad, especially when Kobeni starts to complain about all the things she hates about them being so big.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2020-08-21 at 00:06.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 13:48   Link #3
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Don't read a story with flatchest female MC

No matter how beautiful she is
It is easily countered with "But you're flat" joke

And she holds great inferiority complex about that
Thus always envious of other girls and it becomes really annoying after the joke is repeated for 900th times
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 18:25   Link #4
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why not normal ones. Though, I am freaking tired of so much ultra-big ones in anime-related media. It's like japs really have a complex about it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-06, 20:18   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

No matter how beautiful she is
It is easily countered with "But you're flat" joke

And she holds great inferiority complex about that
Thus always envious of other girls and it becomes really annoying after the joke is repeated for 900th times
That's an insult to Shana, and many other great female MCs.

Also, add Peter Grill to the list. It's not brought up that frequently, but Vegan has issues on account of Peter's complete lack of attraction toward her thin, flat body, and they only get worse when Piglette shows up, an orc girl with extremely large breasts and a far greater degree of cunning than any of the other girls (though this honestly isn't saying much).
Old 2020-09-06, 21:53   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Not heroines

MC, Protagonist

In this case, shoujo mangas, especially villainess stories

^^Yep, just normal is fine
Old 2020-09-06, 22:43   Link #7
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Shana is technically the MC of her series though.....Especially in the latter part when Yuji just goes off to join the opposing side. Not to mention the numerous volumes where it's just solely about her alone
Old 2020-09-06, 23:01   Link #8
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The first half is told from Yuuji's perspective tho

When it's Shana's side, it's so serious that nobody cares about fucking breasts size
Old 2020-09-07, 20:48   Link #9
Nivek von Beldo

Why not both?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 02:22   Link #10
Moonlith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
That list is going to get long fast.
Likely! Hence I am asking for anime in which it's actually prominent and occurs frequently, and in which that kind of rivalry is a major defining point of the relationship between two characters, instead of simply a one-scene throwaway gag.

Quote:
First thing that came to mind for some reason was Zero no Tsukaima.
It's been a long time since I've watched that one, for some reason any such scenes weren't all that memorable to me.

Quote:
On top of that, Yuru Yuri has a pair of girls with a mixed ship/rivalry, of whom one is massive and the other is tiny; the small one at one point starts slapping the larger girl's boobs in fury.
Hah, I remember those. They were good, just a shame they were side-characters and didn't get as much screentime.

Quote:
Recently, Kaguya-sama has had a fair amount of friction.

Also, Engaged to the Unidentified has a good bit of this.
Will look into it, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Why not normal ones. Though, I am freaking tired of so much ultra-big ones in anime-related media. It's like japs really have a complex about it.
Uhm... Ok?

With all due respect, this wasn't intended as a "please share your personal opinion on the topic" thread, it's a recommendations thread.
Moonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-09, 09:49   Link #11
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
It's more in the movies/OVAs than in the series, but the old 90's anime The Slayers has quite of bit of this. Lina Inverse is supposedly flat-chested, especially when compared to her arch-rival, Naga the White serpent.

In fact, a lot of chest rivalry will be found in 90's/early 2000's anime. Though on the Slayers subject, most would say that Lina herself has a decent chest at the very least.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 16:49   Link #12
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I was actually just about to mention Lina and Naga. If you want a pair for whom the relationship frequently goes back to big vs. small, they're the first that come to mind. Stories like Zero no Tsukaima do have a lot of jokes and conflict, but there's plenty else going on so it's not necessarily in the forefront. You're almost guaranteed to have a lot of other points going on between a pair, and thus depending on how "prominent" and "frequent" you want it, you'll either have tons or pretty much none.
Old 2020-10-14, 09:37   Link #13
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Magickology ch15: https://i.imgur.com/UKUwGpZ.png
It's not much, but hey it could go from there. I haven't read further, yet.