AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-03, 14:55   Link #181
changeup

My bad... I just mentioned Sxxxxx Days for a joke ... it seems not only it is cold, but worse, people start taking it at its face value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hopefully this shall be the last we hear on the matter.

Oh yeah, i love the title for the second episode.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:44   Link #182
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
My bad... I just mentioned Sxxxxx Days for a joke ... it seems not only it is cold, but worse, people start taking it at its face value
Haha -- no, no, please don't take it personally. It's not just you, and it's not just here, but it seems like everywhere on the Internet these days, every single bishoujo game adaptation this season is being compared to School Days in both senses (either hoping it will, or hoping it won't be like it). Most people mean it as a joke (as you did), but some people are very serious about it and it's gotten to the point that it's a bit silly. But no, please don't take it personally -- I think we're just trying to both reassure the fearful and dissuade the "hopeful".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:56   Link #183
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Regarding the whole Koko thing ... it reminds me somewhat of what we saw in Tokimeki.

Spoiler for Tokimeki memorial and DC II ep1 spoilers:
That's a good point about the sakura tree,
Spoiler for D.C.S.S.:

Spoiler for DC II ep 1:
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:58   Link #184
cyth
Banned

And I thought the original sakura tree was chopped down and replaced with a 'fake' one...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 18:06   Link #185
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Haha -- no, no, please don't take it personally. It's not just you, and it's not just here, but it seems like everywhere on the Internet these days, every single bishoujo game adaptation this season is being compared to School Days in both senses (either hoping it will, or hoping it won't be like it). Most people mean it as a joke (as you did), but some people are very serious about it and it's gotten to the point that it's a bit silly. But no, please don't take it personally -- I think we're just trying to both reassure the fearful and dissuade the "hopeful".
Oh i hope But if all love stories turn out to be NICE BOAT ends then it will just destroy the uniqueness of SD (which is something i do not want >_<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
And I thought the original sakura tree was chopped down and replaced with a 'fake' one...
err no? sakura stopped the tree for a second time in DCII (series 2? its really confusing to have both titles as DC II ). It was never said that it was chopped down O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 18:14   Link #186
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
That's a good point about the sakura tree,
Spoiler for D.C.S.S.:
I can only speculate along with everyone else here, but...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
As of the end of D.C.S.S., the tree had withered again (thanks to Aisia) but stayed in place. In D.C. II, and for as long as Yoshiyuki can remember, Hatsunejima has had ever-blooming sakura trees. I imagine that what happened in the interim, and the role the sakura tree now plays, will be covered in the anime, as it was addressed in the game. I think that's all I can say without spoiler tags.
Old 2007-10-03, 18:14   Link #187
problemedchild
ô_ô

Maybe he's confusing it with Kanon's tree? =P

Anyone else not like Feel's unique art style of making character's faces really falt looking?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 20:43   Link #188
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
I don't know, probably because we don't get used to the character designs as yet (although, as far as I'm concerned, some characters in the game itself does look like, that).
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 21:01   Link #189
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I really like the character designs FEEL went with, but I'm probably used to them from D.C.S.S. and Otoboku, so they don't look unusual to me.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 02:41   Link #190
DanielSong39

Is Hikaru Nanase doing the music again? Loved her work in Da Capo, Gift, and Kagihime (!)...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 10:46   Link #191
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Is Hikaru Nanase doing the music again? Loved her work in Da Capo, Gift, and Kagihime (!)...
Actually, no -- it's being done by Tomoki Kikuya (Hidamari Sketch, Potemayo), and Kaoru Okubo (School Days, and a ton of theme song work). However, when you listen to it, you might almost be fooled into thinking it's her work, as they're obviously trying to keep the exact same style. It's being produced (again) by Hikaru Nanase's husband, which might help as well.

(And yeah, incidentally, Kagihime is an under-rated show with a great Hikaru Nanase soundtrack! So is Polyphonica.)
Old 2007-10-04, 11:00   Link #192
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm really having trouble wanting to even look at this. Da Capo burn out I guess.
Old 2007-10-04, 11:11   Link #193
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm really having trouble wanting to even look at this. Da Capo burn out I guess.
Heh -- well, from what you've said before, I got that you weren't that big of a fan, although I don't remember exactly what it was you didn't like about it. I suppose your feelings on the new series will probably depend on what exactly it is you didn't like about the first two. It's similar, but different.
Old 2007-10-04, 13:45   Link #194
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm actually rather surprised that Hikaru Nanase didn't make her return for this series. I took it for granted that she was, though i could tell easily from the first episode that it wasn't her work. Tomoki Kikuya is a wonderful newcomer to the anime score world --- and i loved both his Hidamari Sketch and Potemayo score. Kaoru Okubo is another newcomer to anime score --- and i'm sure we all know about his great score for School Days.

Oh yeah, first episode has been subbed.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:19   Link #195
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Heh -- well, from what you've said before, I got that you weren't that big of a fan, although I don't remember exactly what it was you didn't like about it. I suppose your feelings on the new series will probably depend on what exactly it is you didn't like about the first two. It's similar, but different.
I'm skipping this as well...I didn't really like the job they did with the first two...

I'm reading your summaries, though. I'll try and read the Yume stuff you've already written tonight. Thanks for putting so much time into it.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:23   Link #196
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would suggest taking a look at the first episode, even if the first two seasons were not much to your liking. You might find the events in the first episode rather interesting They seem to be avoiding the whole 'character introduction' deal and are throwing us in to the middle of things. From the looks of it, time is not going to get wasted
Old 2007-10-04, 16:29   Link #197
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Maybe. I was certainly happy when they said it'd be 13 episodes instead of 26, because it might suit this type of show better, with less introduction/girl of the week episodes, a faster pace, and more plot focus. At least I think it'd have suited the first season better - I really don't know about the DCII game regarding plot lenght, but it should be ok I think.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:31   Link #198
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Yahooo!!! Time for some DC II anime time ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 16:33   Link #199
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

More episodes does not necessarily mean bad. I rather take 24 episodes with some 'fillers' (Though i found DC and DCSS rather enjoyable) instead of having a rushed plot progression and conclusion. Though i have seen both 12 and 24 episode eroge adoptions done right, so the episode count in itself is not any indicator.
Old 2007-10-04, 16:37   Link #200
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
More episodes does not necessarily mean bad. I rather take 24 episodes with some 'fillers' (Though i found DC and DCSS rather enjoyable) instead of having a rushed plot progression and conclusion. Though i have seen both 12 and 24 episode eroge adoptions done right, so the episode count in itself is not any indicator.
That depends, if the anime don't create a storyline for each character like the game does, then it's not necessary for the anime to end with 24+ish episodes. Personally I don't like things rushed, but I think they can still fit a good storyline into 12-13 episodes.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen