5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-08, 10:27   Link #81
mergele

Ok, what are they charging at? His shadow? That thing is flying you know. Aka. not reachable by sword at the moment. I in general doubt their plan for finishing it off, they don't seem to have a lot of ranged power, so maybe they have brought some chains meant to hold him down in that dog sledges? It will be pretty hard to prevent him from getting away.

I'm also not quite sure what the cat loli gets from this whole alliance. I mean she risks all of her troops and if they win she gets a dead white whale and a metia? On the other hand if she stays out she wins either way, either a dead whale or weakened rival to the throne. I don't know what Subaru told her about that mobile phone but it must be truly amazing..
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:37   Link #82
larethian

The hardware clock, which is powered either from a tiny backup battery or a super capacitor that can last really really long while powering just the hardware clock, runs even while the phone is off.

You can assume that Subaru has kept his phone off all this time, and the author created a scenario whereby Subaru had to switch on the phone in the last loop to look at the map, solving the power dilemma.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:40   Link #83
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

... what map?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:43   Link #84
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Ok, what are they charging at? His shadow? That thing is flying you know. Aka. not reachable by sword at the moment. I in general doubt their plan for finishing it off, they don't seem to have a lot of ranged power, so maybe they have brought some chains meant to hold him down in that dog sledges? It will be pretty hard to prevent him from getting away.
I'm assuming that Subaru is about to lure the whale down, but as to how they are going to prevent him from escaping, I don't know. But at this point, I'm not even convinced they'll manage to get that far.

My biggest question is what role the witch worshippers are going to play in this life. That, and what they want in that area in the first place.
Old 2016-08-08, 10:44   Link #85
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
... what map?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:45   Link #86
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Are you guys ignoring the possibility of there being magic users as well? I'm fairly sure it's not even uncommon for swordsmen to also be magic users in this world.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:46   Link #87
Applehell

Quote:
I'm also not quite sure what the cat loli gets from this whole alliance. I mean she risks all of her troops and if they win she gets a dead white whale and a metia? On the other hand if she stays out she wins either way, either a dead whale or weakened rival to the throne. I don't know what Subaru told her about that mobile phone but it must be truly amazing..

Erm, by cat loli (I'm pretty sure she's a kobold) you mean Mimi? She's the vice captain of Anastasia's demihuman mercanaries. She's simply to carrying out her master's orders.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:47   Link #88
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
You can assume that Subaru has kept his phone off all this time, and the author created a scenario whereby Subaru had to switch on the phone in the last loop to look at the map, solving the power dilemma.
Ah, I see. For a second I misunderstood and though you implied the poor clamphone had navigation features.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:47   Link #89
ToaruLL
Lord of Lolis

Been a long time since i posted in Animesuki, guess i kinda felt like talking to other fans of anime about anime online....

But no-one cares about that but after catching up from episodes 12-19 I almost lost a part of my heart for Subaru. The amount of distress and angst he has to go through is astonishing..

If i were suddenly thrown into this world out of nowhere and force to relive such heinous deaths and tribulations I might actually just go completely batshit insane~...

Then there's this lingering light at the end of the tunnel which is Rem's bright smile as she looks at you with admiration and affection.

Anyway enough making reviews from my job, as for this episode I love how the slight utterances from Subaru show just how much he's hoping things go right this time round.

Can I take a vote and say this is probably White Fox's best anime to date with Steins;Gate a breath behind?
Fansub Database See what fansubs are doing what animes.
Visual Novel Currently Playing - Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Anime currently marathoning - Aikatsu, Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile
Light Novels Currently Reading - Hataraku Maou-sama
Manga Currently Marathoning - Berserk
ToaruLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:54   Link #90
Wandering Soul

Quote:
It's flying at the moment, but it does get pretty close to the ground at times. When it attacked Otto and the others, it was pretty much eye level with Subaru. Not to mention that huge group will probably have some people that can deal long range damage.
Old 2016-08-08, 10:56   Link #91
bakato

Quote:

That's Subaru's job. He's gonna lure the whale to ground level.

Anastasia's getting mining rights too.
Old 2016-08-08, 10:56   Link #92
ToaruLL
Lord of Lolis

Why am I reminded of the whale that was in an episode in Flying Witch except this whale kills people that one let's you ride on it's back and enter it's ancient civilization~
Old 2016-08-08, 10:57   Link #93
Tormenk

I like the expected twist about the handphone being done in a similar but still convincing manner. Not to tell others about his ability but his knowledge carried over. Also the pace of this episode might have felt a tad fast this time but after the in-depth events of the past 5-6 episodes it's quite refreshing to have events unfold quickly instead.

Re: Zero has so many memorable episodes so far I can easily see this becoming a common favorite among others once it finishes airing.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 10:57   Link #94
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'm assuming that Subaru is about to lure the whale down, but as to how they are going to prevent him from escaping, I don't know. But at this point, I'm not even convinced they'll manage to get that far.

My biggest question is what role the witch worshippers are going to play in this life. That, and what they want in that area in the first place.
The cult or at least Betelgeuse in this case has mentioned they are there to give Emilia an "Ordeal" which is another word for trial. So they're testing her more or less, probably to see if she's truly Satella or just an imitation/imposter.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 11:01   Link #95
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
@Applehell

Oh that's what they meant by "ordeal". Okay, thanks for clarifying, that makes sense. Although that perspective is kind of scewed from the beginning already. As far as we know, Emilia is neither Satella or an imitation. Look-alike probably fits the bill best. She's never pretended to be Satella. Although, like some others here, I do agree it's likely that she might be a different version of Satella without her knowing.

/edit: It's crazy how actively people discuss in here. The One Piece section is dead in comparison.
Old 2016-08-08, 11:06   Link #96
mergele

@Applehell I meant Anastasia (The loli around all those cats, not best naming I agree in hindsight).

Regarding mining rights I was under the impression that only Crush would get them
Spoiler for Image:
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 11:07   Link #97
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToaruLL View Post
Can I take a vote and say this is probably White Fox's best anime to date with Steins;Gate a breath behind?
As much as I like Re:Zero, Steins;Gate is very strong competition. Re:Zero might eventually move pass Steins;Gate for me, but right now, Steins;Gate is still my favorite White Fox anime (and in my all-time favorites in general).

I'd certainly put Re:Zero ahead of anything else White Fox has made, and that does include some good shows.
Old 2016-08-08, 11:12   Link #98
ToaruLL
Lord of Lolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As much as I like Re:Zero, Steins;Gate is very strong competition. Re:Zero might eventually move pass Steins;Gate for me, but right now, Steins;Gate is still my favorite White Fox anime (and in my all-time favorites in general).

I'd certainly put Re:Zero ahead of anything else White Fox has made, and that does include some good shows.
Oh for sure I agree with you there, Steins;gate is the Clannad to Kyoto Animation for White Fox,
Still awaiting a Hataraku Maou-sama Season 2 White Fox~! Well i do know that will never happen though...

Oh and weremen riding wolves is something we might only see in this re-zero world~.
Also waiting for the explanation on the curse is probably one of the main reasons why I'm still watching this to date, along with 10 other reasons lol
Old 2016-08-08, 11:18   Link #99
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not sure if you remember the pre-smartphone era of cellphones, but those flip-phones (especially the garake- phones Subaru has) can last months if turned off most of the time.
Yep, i still use those flip-phones and even tho it's old and the battery is already with low efficiency, it still lasts for a week if i do not use it! Smart Phones are nice and all but they really suck at the battery department since it's so demanding for power
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 12:54   Link #100
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Steins;Gate has a significant advantage of being based on a complete story.
So the entire narrative can be told efficiently.

Adaptation based on ongoing series is in a major disadvantage in that sense.