AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 46 71.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-20, 14:28   Link #21
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzu07 View Post
uhm sir could you please explain what this Independent Action thing is? im still clueless how archer was able to get back..
Here is the short version of how Independent Action works:

For some reason Nasu says this ability is what made Archer survive Gilgamesh attack and stay in the world until the end.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:31   Link #22
steam fish

does the mana contract shiro made with tohsaka last forever or just this one battle until it ran out?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:33   Link #23
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
does the mana contract shiro made with tohsaka last forever or just this one battle until it ran out?
In the original visual novel where Rin had sex with Shirou to give him the mana for the final battle, it was a one time thing.

I'm not sure if that was the same in the all-age version (F/SN: Réalta Nua) the anime is based on.
Old 2015-06-20, 14:38   Link #24
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzu07 View Post
LoL archer is a freking camper..

uhm sir could you please explain what this Independent Action thing is? im still clueless how archer was able to get back...
It's one skill of the Archer Class servant

Independent Action (単独行動, Tandoku Kōdō?, localized as Independence) is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's prana supply, the Master can concentrate their own prana on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply prana due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them by utilizing Command Spells.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:42   Link #25
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

LOL at Gil's last quote, he's so tsundere. He might as well scream, "SAVE ME SHIROU!" xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:44   Link #26
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
In the original visual novel where Rin had sex with Shirou to give him the mana for the final battle, it was a one time thing.

I'm not sure if that was the same in the all-age version (F/SN: Réalta Nua) the anime is based on.
Not sure about that. In the Good End it took both Shirou and Rin to sustain Saber with enough prana to keep her in the plane of existence so I assume their connection was still present even after the Holy Grail War. Just think of it as Rin having two familiars thus earning it the name Rin's harem.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 14:53   Link #27
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Not sure about that. In the Good End it took both Shirou and Rin to sustain Saber with enough prana to keep her in the plane of existence so I assume their connection was still present even after the Holy Grail War. Just think of it as Rin having two familiars thus earning it the name Rin's harem.
Seems I remembered then.
Old 2015-06-20, 14:59   Link #28
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
LOL at Gil's last quote, he's so tsundere. He might as well scream, "SAVE ME SHIROU!" xD
But Gil is Gil, he might be denied it ("Save me, mo.., mongrel")..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:05   Link #29
Gaulek

Gilgamesh can't aim

Next episode, London?
Spoiler for Potter:
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:05   Link #30
NovelReader

Epic episode. EMIYA remix, Shirou quote, the fight, all were insanely good.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:10   Link #31
The Green One

Shirou vs Gilgamesh was everything I hoped it was. Ah that was satisfying. It was a good run, just the finale now.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:19   Link #32
Amarantine

Phew, for a moment there, when Saber said "we'll talk afterwards, Shirou," I was worried they were going for the Good End. I'm glad they didn't, although I do wish they made Saber's departure more poignant than that. With that dialogue, it almost felt as if she were saying "I'd like to stay, but this isn't my route, so enjoy the hero, Rin."

Speaking of Rin, it turns out Archer bailed her out (and Shirou) after all. ufotable have been trying to patch up some of the lesser parts of the VN, so I was hoping they would at least arrange for some excuse that would make Archer's survival a little less difficult to swallow, but alas they didn't even bother to try.

Oh well, be that as it may be, him sticking around was still completely worth it for that final scene. It was gorgeous and I was very glad to hear a version of that song. However, there was one detail I didn't like, and as usual it was because ufotable neglected the narration. Rin's final words to Archer are "I'll try to get him (Shirou) to like himself, so you should also-" but she can't bring herself to finish the sentence, whose conclusion the narration then reveals to be "...forgive yourself." They could've easily included that as a voiceover here, but it seems ufotable is kind of bipolar when it comes to those, and in some episodes they'll include them while in others they'll ignore everything that's not spoken dialogue. The subtitles also made this worse, since the translators probably weren't aware that Rin hadn't finished the sentence and therefore just had her say "You do the same." But I digress, it was a beautiful scene nonetheless.

It's a bit of a shame that Gil doesn't have much of a story of his own here, he's more of a final obstacle and foil for Shirou to surpass as a conclusion to his coming of age story, but he was still a fun villain nonetheless, in no small part thanks to Tomokazu Seki's theatrical performance, of course (they even managed to include one of his glorious trademark bursts of laughter).

All in all, it was a fulfilling climax, and now I can only hope they manage to come up with enough quality content for a 20 minute epilogue. With this much time left, I think it's safe to assume they'll do something with Saber still, with the most obvious option being to adopt her final scene from the Fate route. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for them keeping the after-credits scene, which will certainly be a challenge to adapt to an animated medium, but we'll see.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:30   Link #33
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Hmm...remind me, didn't some people say that Rin having a full set of command spells after making a new contract with Saber a plot hole? Now it's shown why she have them (stopping Saber, Excalibur, and mana boost), but I honestly can't remember if that is how it went in the novel. If she wasn't supposed to have new set of spells, how did it went?
Old 2015-06-20, 15:34   Link #34
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Gosh I really hope they do something with Saber next week, maybe their own version of the "final episode". I would kill for Saber to see Sir Lancelot, Mordred and everyone in Avalon.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:36   Link #35
The Green One

My understanding is you get the command spells when you form the contract, and Rin had offered a contract to Saber during the Caster incident which Saber accepted. It seems legit to me, dunno why it'd be called a plot hole.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:38   Link #36
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Gosh I really hope they do something with Saber next week, maybe their own version of the "final episode". I would kill for Saber to see Sir Lancelot, Mordred and everyone in Avalon.
You know, that was actually something I hoped to see happen to Saber afterwards. I at least thought about her seeing Lancelot in the afterlife, after his statement of Saber being the "Perfect King" in Zero.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:40   Link #37
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
You know, that was actually something I hoped to see happen to Saber afterwards. I at least thought about her seeing Lancelot in the afterlife, after his statement of Saber being the "Perfect King" in Zero.
Yeah, it'd be a perfect closure for her character and I freakin want Saber to talk about Mordred for once in the main storyline. She's her daughter, you'd think killing her would affect her a lot. (Well, I do headcanon that it did affect her a lot, she just doesn't want to talk about it)
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:57   Link #38
Witch of Uncertainty

I'm wondering whether we'll get a Heaven's Feel teaser next week.

Anyway, amazing episode. Saber's passing was a bit too quick and especially after Zero, it feels very lackluster. Hopefully (and likely) she'll get some screentime in the epilogue.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 15:59   Link #39
zerodragon

the only flaws in the fight to me was that shirou really never give the feeling of pushing back Gil in this. the other flaw was he shouldn't have had the strength to clash with Gil if Gil had a sword in his hand. the feeling i got from the VN was that shirou was always in Gil face slash with each sword he had seen and Gil never took his hands out of his pocket. the only when he grab was grabbing his sword did he take his hands out of his pocket.

never the less,loved the fight, it was done great!!!!! shirou was a complete badass in this fight.
Old 2015-06-20, 16:10   Link #40
steam fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
the only flaws in the fight to me was that shirou really never give the feeling of pushing back Gil in this. the other flaw was he shouldn't have had the strength to clash with Gil if Gil had a sword in his hand. the feeling i got from the VN was that shirou was always in Gil face slash with each sword he had seen and Gil never took his hands out of his pocket. the only when he grab was grabbing his sword did he take his hands out of his pocket.

never the less,loved the fight, it was done great!!!!! shirou was a complete badass in this fight.
I dont think shiro could defeat gilgamesh with a sword unless he got the experience from archer, remember shiro absorbed archers sword skills to the point of being to match archer although archer had low mana.
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote