AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2016-11-19, 19:05   Link #12821
AnimeFan188

We Are All Dead Moose, Frozen Mid-Fight in Futile Combat:

"Brad Webster was just showing a friend around the isolated town of Unalakleet, Alaska
when they stumbled on a stark example of just how brutal nature can be—two dead
moose, still locked in combat, frozen in ice."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/we-are-all-dead-m...mba-1789174796

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 05:02   Link #12822
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Memes incoming
Old 2016-11-22, 09:28   Link #12823
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

There's Hamilton, the hit musical and Hamilton, the city. Angry social media users confuse the two

lol. Those Boycotters didn't check things through did they? And the funny part? It's useless to boycott the Hamilton Musical in New York since tickets have been sold all the way to next year.
Old 2016-11-23, 06:31   Link #12824
Brother Coa
Banned

Hampshire College Bans American Flag Citing “Hate-Based Violence”.

Quote:
“Unfortunately, our efforts to inclusively convey respect and sorrow have had the opposite effect. We have heard from many on our campus as well as from neighbors in the region that, by flying the flag at half-staff, we are actually causing hurt, distress and insult. Our decision has been seen as disrespectful of the traditional expression of national mourning and has been especially painful to our Hampshire colleagues who are veterans or families of veterans. Some have perceived the action of lowering the flag as a commentary on the results of the presidential election — this, unequivocally, was not our intent. After some preliminary consultation with campus constituents (we understand much more is needed), we have decided that we will not fly the U.S. flag or any other flags at Hampshire for the time being. We hope this will enable us to instead focus our efforts on addressing racist, misogynistic, Islamophobic, anti-immigrant, anti-Semitic and anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and behaviors.”
Wow... just wow...

I wonder will they even ask for secession of some part of US so that feelings of oppressed minorities will not be endangered?

I just remember... they did.

The only thing they didn't do so far is killing member s of "majority" so that minorities would be definetally protected.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 07:07   Link #12825
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Hampshire College Bans American Flag Citing “Hate-Based Violence”.

Wow... just wow...

I wonder will they even ask for secession of some part of US so that feelings of oppressed minorities will not be endangered?

I just remember... they did.
Maybe they should fly LGBT and sharia flag?

Quote:
The only thing they didn't do so far is killing member s of "majority" so that minorities would be definetally protected.
It would be like that they are trying to provoke fascists on purpose lol
Old 2016-11-23, 07:13   Link #12826
Draco Spirit

Reminds me a bit of the talk of London becoming a EU city state after Briexit
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-23, 07:30   Link #12827
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait, they put the flag at half-mast do to general violence and death, then the students burned it right before Veteran's Day? The article I don't think said why the students burned it, but putting the flag at half-mast for that reason would basically mean it should be at half-mast at all times due to the amount of violence nation-wide. But the veterans are correct, that is not how the traditions and meanings of the flag being at half-mast are for, which is disrespectful. However not flying it at all also hold a minor amount of disrespect for the nation. They have the right to now fly it, but it seems to defeat their own purpose.

Besides, if they had intended to do show any sort of distaste for the election results the flag should have been flown upside down as a sign of distress.
Old 2016-11-23, 08:04   Link #12828
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Besides, if they had intended to do show any sort of distaste for the election results the flag should have been flown upside down as a sign of distress.
I thought they prefer burning it
Old 2016-11-23, 09:15   Link #12829
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
I thought they prefer burning it
While not illegal, it is frowned upon. Also it tends to be used to protest the government rather than distaste for an election.

Veterans, particularly those that served in Vietnam, seem sensitive to that subject matter.
Old 2016-11-23, 09:30   Link #12830
Brother Coa
Banned

How could they not be?

Their brothers and sisters in arms didn't die their lives so that one day ungrateful liberalistic kids could burn the very flag of the nation that gave them those rights in the first place.

If you really want to burn something then burn the picture of said president or hated person. Leave national flag alone. That's at least how I see things.
Old 2016-11-24, 07:51   Link #12831
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
How could they not be?

Their brothers and sisters in arms didn't die their lives so that one day ungrateful liberalistic kids could burn the very flag of the nation that gave them those rights in the first place.

If you really want to burn something then burn the picture of said president or hated person. Leave national flag alone. That's at least how I see things.
You burn the flag only if you hate the country. Those kids really need to stop their temper tantrums or move to Canada.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 08:36   Link #12832
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You burn the flag only if you hate the country. Those kids really need to stop their temper tantrums or move to Canada.
Doesn't Canada have more regulations than USA towards migrants? (Somebody even joked that he was surprised that people want to run away from the laws that are already exist there )
Old 2016-11-24, 08:46   Link #12833
Brother Coa
Banned

The thing with Canada is that they are looking for highly educated ( University and Master degree ) people who also have a lot of job experience.

So yeah... you can see why many see it as a problem.
Old 2016-11-24, 08:53   Link #12834
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
The thing with Canada is that they are looking for highly educated ( University and Master degree ) people who also have a lot of job experience.

So yeah... you can see why many see it as a problem.
But I thought that USA has even stronger regulations? (regarding legals at least).

P.S. I heard a joke that get to Germany easier when you do not want to assimilate there lol
Old 2016-11-24, 15:44   Link #12835
Brother Coa
Banned

USA is different story.

They have Green Card lottery, if you win it you get permanent resident card for 10 years. Enough time to settle down. But the problem is getting it - only 50.000 cards are given yearly, and you have millions getting into the program.

So what most people do is get tourist visa, get to US and disappear. They appear again, few years later as full blown resident.

In regard to US Canada is much easier, but only to high educational people.
Old 2016-11-25, 02:15   Link #12836
Brother Coa
Banned

Russia's border doesn't end anywhere, Vladimir Putin says.

Quote:
He was asking a nine-year-old boy: "Where does Russia's border end?" The boy had said "at the Bering Strait". Mr Putin then provided his own answer.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said Russia's border "doesn't end anywhere", addressing a televised awards ceremony for geography students.
"That was a joke," Mr Putin said amid applause and laughter from the audience at the glitzy ceremony.
The Red Bear is slowly awaking, and the world will see it's might.
Old 2016-11-25, 04:05   Link #12837
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Wait...that song, was actually a Red Alert 3 original song? I thought it came from the same era as panzerlied.
Old 2016-11-26, 01:11   Link #12838
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

‘All I asked for was sliced cheese’: Richmond roommates bewildered after store employees hide, call the police

Ok, i'm confused. What made those employees called the cops when all they wanted was cheese?
Old 2016-11-26, 05:59   Link #12839
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Maybe they thought it was code for "human flesh"
Old 2016-12-01, 04:46   Link #12840
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

RIP to the creator of the Big Mac.

Tags
humor