AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-21, 15:25   Link #4961
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm not trying to make you like any of them if you don't. I, however, do, stock footage and all, one sided or not.
Agree to Disagree, where not going to Convice each other, well on this note. GOOD DAY SIR! lol Movin on.

I already know one way to make IJ vs Destiny and SF vs Legend fight look better and that is: Dont Show Shinn hallucinating and Rey freezing at the end. This way Kira and Athrun look better, and nobody comes off as being nerfed or bad pilots.

That way IJ trashing Destiny is more Belivable and have SF fire the "Full Burst" from some kind of Linked Combo *offscreen*, and then cut to Legend dodging and getting caught or just get caught. That right there makes it so much better without having to do much. I got so many ideas of Fights for Destiny constantly running through my head; it's Sickening.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:27   Link #4962
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
I already know one way to make IJ vs Destiny and SF vs Legend fight look better and that is: Dont Show Shinn hallucinating and Rey freezing at the end. This way Kira and Athrun look better, and nobody comes off as being nerfed or bad pilots.

That way IJ trashing Destiny is more Belivable and have SF fire the "Full Burst" from some kind of Linked Combo *offscreen*, and then cut to Legend dodging and getting caught or just get caught. That right there makes it so much better without having to do much. I got so many ideas of Fights for Destiny constantly running through my head; it's Sickening.
I think it was done on purpose to show that they did not lose due to a lack of skill/technology.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:33   Link #4963
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Please point out the error.
I think the error of that shot is that it gives you the impression that Kira is trying to cut Impulse in half. Especially if you haven't seen Seed when that shot was used the first time. (It was in the Josh-A battle when Kira was going for the kill but instead cut off Duel's legs)

Kirayuki is right, this is a good example of how reused animation can create unnecessary confusion.
Old 2012-10-21, 15:51   Link #4964
Kirayuki

Quote:
Please point out the error.
Stock footage not compatible with what the character intend to do

Quote:
Not at all, why would Kira decide to kill once and never followed through with it? The simplest explanation, of course, is that he never did decide to kill.
Not gonna to answer this because I don't know his thought process during that moment, and thus I judge based on what is shown on the screen. I was just simply pointing out from the animation error that imply he did try to kill once which I use to counter argue your statement that said he never try to go for the cockpit. It was not even being fixed in the Special Edition.

Last edited by Kirayuki; 2012-10-21 at 16:02.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 15:52   Link #4965
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I think the error of that shot is that it gives you the impression that Kira is trying to cut Impulse in half. Especially if you haven't seen Seed when that shot was used the first time. (It was in the Josh-A battle when Kira was going for the kill but instead cut off Duel's legs)

Kirayuki is right, this is a good example of how reused animation can create unnecessary confusion.
Except, the part where it can create confusion wasn't reused. Other than that, it's actually a great way of showing that Kira did use the same moves. That's why Shinn and Rey could figure out Kira's moves.

As for the confusion itself, I see it now. But given what I said before, it doesn't make sense to interpret that as Kira going for the cockpit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Stock footage not compatible with what the character intend to do
The character intended to cut the Impulse, which is similar to what he did to Duel with the stock footage.
Quote:
I was just simply pointing out from the animation error that imply he did try to kill once which I use to counter argue your statement that he never try to go for the cockpit. It was not even being fixed in the Special Edition.
Maybe because there's nothing to fix. What we saw is that Kira tried to cut Impulse near the cockpit. What we saw later on was not Kira trying to kill the pilot. So it makes little sense to interpret that one action as Kira going for the cockpit.
Old 2012-10-21, 15:55   Link #4966
I Fail at Life

Quote:
I think it was done on purpose to show that they did not lose due to a lack of skill/technology.
monster: Why you got to fight me on Everything lol. That's you implying that though. Instead it would show Athrun and Kira are just better skilled pilots. Two Pilots with suits in similar tech level, the better skilled one is gonna win. Showing one Pilot having a Seizure and the other one Normal, does not make him look good as a pilot for beating him, when he's Mentally out of it. Just don't show them having a Breakdown at the end.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:01   Link #4967
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
monster: Why you got to fight me on Everything lol.
Hey, I just have my opinions and I happen to like voicing them.

I don't try to agree or disagree with any particular poster. It just sometimes turn out that way.
Quote:
That's you implying that though. Instead it would show Athrun and Kira are just better skilled pilots. Two Pilots with suits in similar tech level, the better skilled one is gonna win. Showing one Pilot having a Seizure and the other one Normal, does not make him look good as a pilot for beating him, when he's Mentally out of it. Just don't show them having a Breakdown at the end.
Yeah, well, it happens. I don't think Fukuda was worried about making Kira and Athrun look any better at that point.
Old 2012-10-21, 16:08   Link #4968
Kirayuki

Quote:
The character intended to cut the Impulse, which is similar to what he did to Duel with the stock footage.
Maybe because there's nothing to fix. What we saw is that Kira tried to cut Impulse near the cockpit.
I don't see how you can interpret that into not aiming for the cockpit, if you watch that scene frame by frame it is pretty obvious that the beam saber original direction is the cockpit.

The problem with that being bad use of stock footage, it's pretty clear that it's not exact copy from Duel moment. They still animate the Impulse-separating part while not bothering to modify the Freedom's part which caused this confusion.

If you still think that Kira not trying to go for the cockpit then it's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I don't see we can resolve this argument until they somehow fixed that obvious animation error with the HD Remaster edition. Until that happens, my opinion still stands.
Old 2012-10-21, 16:08   Link #4969
Gundamx

You mean like how they re-used impulse power down for Destiny?
(Destiny can't have power down because it used same engine as SF and IJ.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 16:16   Link #4970
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
You mean like how they re-used impulse power down for Destiny?
(Destiny can't have power down because it used same engine as SF and IJ.)
This is not a serious problem because it's being fixed in The Special Edition (Shinn simply get told by Rey to return, the power down animation are completely removed)
Old 2012-10-21, 16:42   Link #4971
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I don't see how you can interpret that into not aiming for the cockpit, if you watch that scene frame by frame it is pretty obvious that the beam saber original direction is the cockpit.
Because "near" is not the same as "at." The Impulse's cockpit is higher than where Kira was aiming.

Old 2012-10-21, 16:49   Link #4972
Kirayuki

That screen is when Impulse already detached. Had Shinn not do that, he may have been toasted by the saber.

And honestly, being near or not do you really think that slightly adjusting it would still allow Shinn to survive a direct hit to the cockpit ? You'll either need to aim for the head or legs (which what Kira did to Duel) to completely avoid killing the cockpit.

So no, I don't buy that.
Old 2012-10-21, 16:54   Link #4973
Washu-Chan