AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-25, 08:22   Link #221
klare

nice info on all the series

as for the poll, my top 3 series are not in the list... which is:

- MS IGLOO
- Gundam 00
- 0080: War in the Pocket
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 23:23   Link #222
dbj

my best series are seed/wing/destiny. i would like to enjoy the UC series as well but too bad the drawings/animation is too old.
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 02:01   Link #223
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Animation is easy to overlook once you get into the characters, story, and/or Mobile Suit battles.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 08:32   Link #224
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

For me it's the 8th MS Team. It has great characters, who react to the tragedy of war in a very realistic way, the mecha battles are very enjoyable and I appreciate the fact that the Gundams are not super-machines but just regular equipments, and in this the 8th MS Team is much closer to the spirit of the original Gundam that any other recent series. Plus, Norris Packard shows the world that you don't need a pretty face or less than 18 years old to be an ace
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 13:22   Link #225
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
ok i updated thread with latest movies and ovas comming out and added a few new pictures of each series.

i was debating whether or not to remove SD Gundam (the ones with the crazy minmature gundams) from info thread? No 32 and 10 for example. What you guys think?

Thx
David.
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2010-03-06 at 14:47.
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 14:03   Link #226
motaku96
もたく

Of the one's on the list, I choose Zeta. It might be a tougher choice if you take the movies and ovas into account.
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 22:48   Link #227
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Translation : The Meister's Final Battle On 2010/9.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 00:45   Link #228
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Translation : The Meister's Final Battle On 2010/9.
NICE, thx u.
My Anime List
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 22:26   Link #229
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Hi-Nu is animated, finally?
Old 2010-07-15, 22:35   Link #230
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

w00t, Hi-Nu Gundam! (though it seems to be in more "traditional" Nu Gundam colors and not the blue and white colors).

On Anime News Network:

"The main character of the story is Haru Irei, a boy who becomes a "Gunpla Builder" after a fateful encounter with the Beginning Gundam plastic model. (In real life, Bandai is producing a Beginning Gundam model kit in 1/144 scale, but has not set a release date or price.) Rina Noyama is an always cheerful girl who, like her friend Haru, is a big fan of Gunpla. Haru's pal Kenta Sakazaki is a boy who loves Gunpla and gives advice to Haru about building them."
Old 2010-07-15, 22:41   Link #231
artquest7@

Wait so we're getting a new gundam anime based on.... toys? Although I can see the reason for a new target demograph... I still have a bad feeling about this. Is gundam really gundam without its meaningful character development involving heavier issues? I'll probably give it a chance but man I still think its whack.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 22:43   Link #232
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

I suggest we wait until it actually comes out and see it. I mean, I don't think a lot of people had high hopes for G Gundam when they first saw peeks of it or other series' like Turn A Gundam and such. We could end up pleasantly surprised.
Old 2010-07-15, 22:59   Link #233
So Zaku
Until the End..

I wonder how the gunpla will tie into the actually mobile suits ??
So Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 23:01   Link #234
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

From the way things look, it doesn't look like it'll take stats and specs TOO seriously. It'll be nice to see things like the Dom, Asshimar, etc again though.
Old 2010-07-18, 22:36   Link #235
artquest7@

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I suggest we wait until it actually comes out and see it. I mean, I don't think a lot of people had high hopes for G Gundam when they first saw peeks of it or other series' like Turn A Gundam and such. We could end up pleasantly surprised.
Negative 30 points for defending this with G Gundam. :P Turn a however is awesome. But looking at Turn-A, I still got the feeling that it would involve a lot of emotion and war related topics, struggles and questions about morality. Politics came into play too with Turn A. I don't see how you can pull all of those things out of kids building toys and battling metabot style. Although I have to say I really enjoyed metabots as a kid so who knows... this might turn out to be alright. I'm not saying its going to be a bad show. I'm just saying it doesn't feel like gundam.
artquest7@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 22:49   Link #236
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Only thing that doesn't feel like Gundam...SD Gundam x_x;;
Old 2010-08-01, 20:11   Link #237
stardrago

Hey, you guys know about the 3 special editions of Gundam 00 right? So I was wondering why hasn't anyone subbed them yet, I thought for sure the first one all those months ago and people already fansub the special editions for Gundam Seed/Destiny
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 18:51   Link #238
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Probably because unlike the SEED/DESTINY ones, absolutely nothing changed.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 23:06   Link #239
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Probably because unlike the SEED/DESTINY ones, absolutely nothing changed.
Just that Lockon I became even more of a badass, plus a few more scenes here and there.
Old 2011-05-27, 21:05   Link #240
RX-78-3

MSG but just the TV Show. The movies are too condensed and the dialogue is less emotional. Amuro also because of the cuts comes off as a much bigger brat that he was in the show.

#2 would be G, the Japanese dub. It has some of the best drama in the Gundam universe.

Last place goes to Zeta. It has the most complex plot out of any Gundam series.
RX-78-3 is offline   Reply With Quote