AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 23:09   Link #21
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
As I'm sure as has been alluded to, anything by Makoto Shinkai is pretty much a graphics fest. The visuals from Pale Cocoon are also right up there with Time of Eve.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 23:43   Link #22
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Clannad for sure
Spice and wolf 1st season, i didnt like the second one at all
Old 2012-01-15, 20:26   Link #23
GreatTeacherKen

Musashi Gundoh.

OK, kidding aside. Victorian Romance Emma is very impressive looking. The setting is detailed enough that it really feels like we're in Victorian England.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:27   Link #24
all_flying

Movie? Definitely "Spirited Away"

Series? IF "Aqua/Aria" been animated by KyoAni. I'm sure it would be the most beautiful series ever created.

Just a thought
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 00:30   Link #25
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Movie? Definitely "Spirited Away"

Series? IF "Aqua/Aria" been animated by KyoAni. I'm sure it would be the most beautiful series ever created.

Just a thought
I thought the Aria trilogy was quite lovely too, actually - but what made it extra beautiful was the storyline, characters and storyline ... for me at least.
Old 2012-01-16, 01:22   Link #26
amasposu

Off the top of my head, I would say, probably Denpa Onna and Bakemonogatari.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 02:52   Link #27
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I thought the Aria trilogy was quite lovely too, actually - but what made it extra beautiful was the storyline, characters and storyline ... for me at least.
I'd say it's both the charm of the characters and storyline in conjunction with the gorgeous visuals and general atmosphere that makes both the anime and manga beautiful. I'd cite Aqua/Aria as the most beautiful manga I've read; Amano Kozue's artwork is amazing to look at.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 03:03   Link #28
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I'd say it's both the charm of the characters and storyline in conjunction with the gorgeous visuals and general atmosphere that makes both the anime and manga beautiful.

I'd cite Aqua/Aria as the most beautiful manga I've read; Amano Kozue's artwork is amazing to look at.
It's interesting, isn't it? For me it is true that the manga is somehow more beautiful to me than the anime - not to knock the anime per se, mind you! It was and still remains one of my absolute favorites! But Amano Kozue's art in that manga was simply amazing....
Old 2012-01-16, 03:26   Link #29
Grim_Reaper

As for the movies, my choice is 5 cm, Beyond the clouds and Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse. Sinkai is visual genius, no one can argue here. And it's the same with Ikuhara - that movie is mind-blowing in terms of direction and graphics.
Well, for the series my choice is obvious too. It's Revolutionary Girl Utena and Mawaru Penguindrum.
Ikuhara's the best =)
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:48   Link #30
Qikz

Hanasaku Iroha was pretty damn beautiful. All the locations were so pretty.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 12:07   Link #31
christinemarie
Crazy One

Most Beautiful Anime list since I can't choose one - Marmalade Boy, Last Exile (both), Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Five Centimeters Per Second, Nisemogatari (ongoing, I think P.M.M.M's earnings is spend on this anime, since Bakemonogatari can't even compare with it for now.)
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 13:50   Link #32
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Like everyone's mentioned,
5 Centimeter Per Second - Lighting + Setting

Karas - Dramatic Music + Lighting + Motion
Girl Who Leaped Through Time - Music + Art Style
Spirited Away - Art style + Motion + Setting
Eve no Jikan - HQ + Bloom
Genius Party (and Beyond) - Art style + Motion + Setting
Macross Zero - Art style + Motion

I forget the name. This original film that involved a bunch of kids fighting a hacker in a digital world and it was responsible for the impending chaos in the world. The hacker screwed up everything electronic that caused this grandma of the MC to die from a heart attack cause her pacemaker's alarm wouldn't work. I didn't like the story, but it was beautiful nonetheless.

And maybe eureka 7 film? It might be prettier in my memories than it actually is though xD

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-01-23 at 09:21.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 22:46   Link #33
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
And the music too

But seriously, HAL Film Maker was so cheap or either lazy. Often I found myself stuck and didn't feels like watching it after tasting a rather bad animation.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 01:50   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Girl Who Leaped Through Time

I have the sound track to this... its quite interesting and calming music (for being as simple as it is). Ends up on my playlist a lot.
Old 2012-01-17, 07:02   Link #35
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I have the sound track to this... its quite interesting and calming music (for being as simple as it is). Ends up on my playlist a lot.
Especially the background music for when Chiaki stopped time towards the end....
Old 2012-01-19, 17:16   Link #36
YayPepsi

Natsume Yuujinchou is one of the most beautiful series I've seen, both art wise and story wise. The scenery is always gorgeous and there are some episodes that were so touching they made me cry.
Old 2012-01-22, 22:19   Link #37
Ledgem
Love Yourself

A Request

I see a lot of series listed here, but I've seen very few of them. I'd be interested in picking up a few, but can people explain why they think it's beautiful? Is it the art style, character designs, or the setting?

For example, I'd say Studio Ghibli films (with the exception of Porco Rosso). In particular, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaa, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Laputa: Castle in the Sky. The overall settings are fantastic, well-detailed, and idyllic; they tend to have a lot of nature, and human towns harken back to simpler times that seem so inviting. The artwork creates a good atmosphere that helps to draw you in (lighting and details - especially for backgrounds - are very good).
Old 2012-01-23, 09:17   Link #38
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I see a lot of series listed here, but I've seen very few of them. I'd be interested in picking up a few, but can people explain why they think it's beautiful? Is it the art style, character designs, or the setting?
I edited my earlier post just now.

But I'll describe each element here.

Lighting - Simple contrast, lens flares, night scenes. I love lights and shininess. I love early mornings, sunsets and night.

Setting - I admire studios that put great effort into their background and add intensive detail and motion into drifting clouds, stars, waving grass, etc.

Music - Not that important for me. I only -love- music when the graphics become absolutely gorgeous. That's when the music that compliments it becomes a thousand times better.

Art Style - Unusual for anime. Either very realistic (appear more boring than most anime character designs) and people look their age, do not have oversized busts, guys aren't twice the size of females. Hair styles are more real-life. Or extremely obscure (Genius party) and out of proportions compared to your usual anime)

Motion - Do not rely on loops. Either very high frame rate or very low frame rate but every frame looks hand drawn with great effort put into it.
Old 2012-01-23, 10:28   Link #39
Sly

Send a message via Yahoo to Sly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I'm agree this said...
and my think same it.
Old 2012-01-23, 13:41   Link #40
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
I'm agree this said...
and my think same it.
I love your comment