AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-28, 13:35   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 486 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
The chapter's already out. Enjoy this week's discussion!
Old 2012-03-28, 13:45   Link #2
Valky
Radioactive

The dude used his bankai for the first time, and died .. off screen. What a poor bastard.
Old 2012-03-28, 13:47   Link #3
sayde

For once, I just want someone to give us a reason why summoning Orihime to reject his death would be so awful. For instance, would it be against the law? Would it be considered taboo? What!?
Old 2012-03-28, 13:51   Link #4
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'd assume there'd be a time limit...possibly?
Old 2012-03-28, 14:10   Link #5
Slayerx

"What you learn from hearsay is that he never took part in battles. Some even insulted him and treated him like a mere Sekikan."

No clue what a Sekikan is, but it seems that Kubo is basically saying EXACTLY what every single one of his readers were thinking. Honestly Kubo, trying to make that fodder seem badass posthumous is just pathetic. We saw him get KO'd by Ichigo with his bare hands; the guy was pathetic, no where near the level of a captain.

For this kind of thing, he should have never gotten KO'd in such a fashion, but instead his non-involvement be the set up for the big surprise for when he finally does let loose... What's really sad is knowing that Kubo has managed to do this already with Unohana... she has barely done a thing and yet everyone anticipates her first fight because we have come under the impression that she's a badass. What makes it even sadder is the fact that he was secretly a badass could have been very interesting if his suckage was not ever established; i mean it sorta makes sence that the right hand man of the Captain commander would be Captain level; there's plenty that could have been done... but no, his high status is just a paint job.

Not to mention the fact that Sasakibe's story is very similar to what Kubo already did with Ikkaku with only a very slight difference in their motivations. Though even Ikkaku I do not feel was all that good due to the fact that his fight with Ichigo was not at all impressive and really nails him down as VC level and not quite captain material even if he did have a bankai.

Really, i think Kubo put himself in a corner. He wanted to hype up his antagonists but at the same time did not want to reveal anything of what they can do. The best way to hype them up would be to kill a captain, but since he did not want to reveal the antagonist's abilities that would mean it would have to be an off screen death and even Kubo realized the fans would get pissed if he gave a character an off screen death. So his solution? Take his most worthless, undeveloped character, with a non-existent fanbase, sacrifice him for the plot, and then paint up his corpse to LOOK like that of a captain. Seriously, this is a guy who never even got the chance to reveal his shikai power much less his bankai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshin
I wonder why it's so important to have ichigo's bankai, I hope/think that has to do with ichigo's father, maybe since ichigo is the first person to have used final getsuga tenshou and not only has powers back, can use bankai again.
I don't think they said it is necessarily important for them to get Ichigo's Bankai in particular... they are really just acknowledging that there is a flaw in their bankai sealing method. Like any Captain they would see Ichigo as a threat and obstacle and thus would want to eliminate him, but for some reason their methods failed, and they'll have to deal with him another way.

Though i would not put it past Kubo for him to make Ichigo into something special...

oh, in other news, we have psudo-confrimation that Stark is dead...
Y'know unless Kubo changes his mind by later saying that Hollows just THOUGHT he was dead.
Old 2012-03-28, 14:27   Link #6
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Bit of a mixed bag for Sasakibe - on the same day he turns out to be a secret badass, he also gets killed and has his (previously secret) bankai stolen by the enemies who killed him - this makes his showing in the (anime-only) fillers a bit odd, unless he's generally got a really weak zanpakuto which he just happens to have attained the bankai of

Also, I'd have assumed that death by quincy would result in you dissolving/your soul being destroyed, as that's what happens to hollows, so the attack shouldn't be particularly different

Overall, a reasonably exciting chapter for a week in which Kubo's probably trying to say "I'm still here" in the face of the anime ending
Old 2012-03-28, 14:42   Link #7
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I hearby dub this arc to be save Halibel arc...
Old 2012-03-28, 15:19   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd much rather name it the "Save Dondochakka" arc. This time Kubo isn't even trying to make the rescue-ee important.

I honestly don't know which is worse: The same formulaic rescue story that he's already done twice, or yet another all out war mostly filled with loads and loads of tediously long and barely relevant 1v1 fights ...
Old 2012-03-28, 15:24   Link #9
Eragon
Still Alive

Keeping my temper has started becoming a problem with every new chapter that I read.
What the f**k is kubo thinking, putting out a lame ass reason like that for Sasakibe not using his bankai. I mean, I thought Ikkaku's reason for not using his bankai was pushing it. But this.....I mean Sasakibe got KOed by a barehanded Ichigo for god's sake!!!. Not using his bankai doesn't mean being weak. Why did kubo even bother to put out a reason!

Well atleast there was a LOL moment in this chapter,

Chad : "No need to say it Ichigo. We're going to save them(the arrancars) right?"

Even the characters are tired of the same plot

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-03-28 at 15:44.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:30   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Son: "Daddy, what's Bleach?"
Dad: "The hero goes to save girl, then another girl, then another girl and then masked fat-ass...and a girl. And all of that done in space, because all the backgrounds are blank."
Son: "..."
Old 2012-03-28, 15:35   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd much rather name it the "Save Dondochakka" arc. This time Kubo isn't even trying to make the rescue-ee important.

I honestly don't know which is worse: The same formulaic rescue story that he's already done twice, or yet another all out war mostly filled with loads and loads of tediously long and barely relevant 1v1 fights ...
Lol that's exactly what I was thinking when I finished reading the chapter Another rescue arc, another war...

As for Sakakibe, Byakuya indirectly establishes him as no more than a mook, no idea why Kubo even thought of that if he was trying to save face...anyway, chapter was half-fun, the rest was just more of the same, again.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:53   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Kubo suddenly realized that people actually noticed that his "finally killed a good guy move was just BS since Sakakibe was so minor that he tried salvaging the situation by retconning and making him secretly powerful.
I think that's how Kubo's been working fora while now, probably thinking the plot as it goes along rather than planning it.

If Kubo hadn't shown Sakakibe being useless, I believe most people would go "ah that's nice, wish I could have seen him fight" but the man was completely owned against a bare handed Ichigo that just figured out how to do Bankai, yet Kubo said he learned Bankai before the oldest captains. He never showed his bankai to anyone...well that's cool but Ikaku and Renji put up a better fight than him too.
If Sakakibe had been the guy that stood behind Yamamoto but never lifted a finger, people would have accepted him being captain class much better.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:05   Link #13
Eragon
Still Alive

One more thing that pissed me off in this chapter, the lack of sensitivity. I mean on one page you show Yamamoto in grief then the next page you show a stupid gag. Now that I think about it Bleach hasn't had as many(actually none in my opinion) emotional moments. The rest of the long running shows seem much more balanced than Bleach since they have scenes that are actually touching/sad.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:11   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
One more thing that pissed me off in this chapter, the lack of sensitivity. I mean on one page you show Yamamoto in grief then the next page you show a stupid gag. Now that I think about it Bleach hasn't had as many(actually none in my opinion) emotional moments. The rest of the long running shows seem much more balanced than Bleach since they have scenes that are actually touching/sad.
What are you talking about!? What about all those touching moments with the Fullbringers!? You know! The characters nobody really cared for in the arc nobody really liked? Yea.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:19   Link #15
astrallionheart

How did that french waiter master bankai before the two strongest captains yet got taken out by 1 punch from Ichigo?

and LOL I guess this has officially become the Rescue Halibel Arc.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:20   Link #16
Alchemist007
*Author

Yamamoto feeling pain...right. His hurt face, angry face, sad face, they're all really just his "kill the ryouka!" face.

I think getting Harribel will just be a side thing (hopefully), just fighting the new guys seems to be reason enough to go to HM.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:20   Link #17
sayde

Its a bit unfortunate, but Kubo seems like he would've been better off not revealing anything about Sasakibe as oppose to coming up with those excuses. However it makes me wonder if Kubo simply forgot about Sasakibe's brief skirmish against Ichigo in SS (especially after having Byakuya state "what you learn by heresay is that "he never took part in any battles""). Or maybe Kubo does remember and instead truly doesn't grasp or care about the concept of power levels. Because how could he possibly expect us to believe Sasakibe to be Captain level when he was owned so quickly and effortlessly alongside 2 other VC's by an unarmed *shikai* Ichigo? I mean I know this particular point is like beating a dead horse by now, but still...
Old 2012-03-28, 16:24   Link #18
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
What are you talking about!? What about all those touching moments with the Fullbringers!? You know! The characters nobody really cared for in the arc nobody really liked? Yea.
I was talking about the entire series in general. The only scene that came close to having any kind of emotion in it was the parting scene with Rukia.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:42   Link #19
Alchemist007
*Author

I couldn't find too much emotion in that, simply because we all knew he'd get his powers back. Unless it was the final arc and final scene, then it might've.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:54   Link #20
Valky
Radioactive

Now that you mention it .. Yeah, I guess I can't find any touching moments in Bleach. There were some surprising moments like when Hitsugaya stab "I forgot whatever girl name" when he was under Aizen's illusion, but touching .. nope.