AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 19:11   Link #61
Sumeragi
Banned

My point was that Dragon was not completely free from blame, thus the reaction of some of the people.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:13   Link #62
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Definitely. She only came here to give him a chocolate, not to rape him. His reaction was disproportionate.
Disproportionate as it may have been, Dragon's not exactly your normal teen.
Hiding himself in the bathroom wasn't the nicest thing to do, but Rita can't really take a "no" for an answer.
And heck, what was with that letter? Guilt tripping at its finest. Saying that the kiss you forced on him was your first doesn't really do much. After all, t'was your choice to do so. Besides, I think Dragon's let it be known several times that he holds no love for females...so hey, respect the guy a little instead of trying to force yourself into his life and then trying to make him feel bad about it.
Just have to wonder what people would think if the situations were reversed.

As for the episode itself... MC's loser friend makes another appearance! And what did he do? A whole lot of nothing. Should've just given Sorata his bike instead of putting us through that unnecessary speech.
Gotta feel bad for Nanami...but it's her own damn fault for picking such a scene for her audition. Of course he wouldn't think twice about it if you say you were just rehearsing... Dummy.

The scene at the rooftop was sweet. Good to see Mashiro trying to be a normal girl, even if I have to question the wisdom of using Manga as a reference.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:31   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Disproportionate as it may have been, Dragon's not exactly your normal teen.
Hiding himself in the bathroom wasn't the nicest thing to do, but Rita can't really take a "no" for an answer.
And heck, what was with that letter? Guilt tripping at its finest. Saying that the kiss you forced on him was your first doesn't really do much. After all, t'was your choice to do so. Besides, I think Dragon's let it be known several times that he holds no love for females...so hey, respect the guy a little instead of trying to force yourself into his life and then trying to make him feel bad about it.
Just have to wonder what people would think if the situations were reversed.
So what you're saying is that Ryuunosuke should just remain as an anti-social hikikomori and continue to hate girls because it's his choice?

I don't think you get the part of this show where people interacting with each other changes characters.

Quote:
As for the episode itself... MC's loser friend makes another appearance! And what did he do? A whole lot of nothing. Should've just given Sorata his bike instead of putting us through that unnecessary speech.
What part of him was a loser? He got rejected but he never hesitant to do thinks for the girl he likes even if she would never return his feelings.

Which part of that did you not find admirable?
Old 2013-02-05, 19:35   Link #64
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So what you're saying is that Ryuunosuke should just remain as an anti-social hikikomori and continue to hate girls because it's his choice?

I don't think you get the part of this show where people interacting with each other changes characters.
So Rita forcing herself on him is a-okay because deep down inside he wants it?
I know a lot of ways to bring someone out of their shell, but being forceful's rarely the best one

Quote:
What part of him was a loser? He got rejected but he never hesitant to do thinks for the girl he likes even if she would never return his feelings.

Which part of that did you not find admirable?
Because his character was never properly fleshed out. He's just "that guy" (how many people even REMEMBER his name?) that shows up when we're in the need of some added drama.

What bothered me about it is why didn't he just hand over the bike OR went by himself? Why give Sorata a ride, shout to the wind that he was rejected and then give up and let Sorata handle the rest?

Either go all the way or don't go at all... now giving up halfway is just sad.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:44   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So Rita forcing herself on him is a-okay because deep down inside he wants it?
I know a lot of ways to bring someone out of their shell, but being forceful's rarely the best one
Stubborn must be fought with stubborn.

Feeling guilty is better than apathy, and the fact that he feels guilty even slightly shows that he knows he has overdone it.

Quote:
Because his character was never properly fleshed out. He's just "that guy" (how many people even REMEMBER his name?) that shows up when we're in the need of some added drama.

What bothered me about it is why didn't he just hand over the bike OR went by himself? Why give Sorata a ride, shout to the wind that he was rejected and then give up and let Sorata handle the rest?

Either go all the way or don't go at all... now giving up halfway is just sad.
You actually didn't get it even though it was stated clearly in the scene?

He brought Sorata on his bike and pedaled uphill to help him save his energy for the rest of the way.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-05 at 20:06.
Old 2013-02-05, 19:50   Link #66
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
He brought Sorata on his bike and pedaled uphill to help him save his energy for the rest of the way.
Yeah he was a real bro and that was an epic scene that is not only my favorite scene of the episode but one of my favorite of all of Sakurasou.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:08   Link #67
Primary Consult

It seems that whatever Sakurasou energy inspires our male characters to act like jerks is absorbed by Dragon (and to a lesser extent Jin) this week. With Sorata deprived of this negative energy, he manages to pull off the perfect Valentine's.

-He correctly predicted chocolates
-He did not forget about Shiina, considered her waiting up on the roof in the cold and properly instructed her to relocate
-He did not abandon Nanami, pulls off an epic save while giving her a massive confidence boost
-Still hadn't forgotten about Shiina and upon returning, manages to properly interpret her feelings.

Our normally clueless Sorata has managed to be thoughtful and insightful regarding both of their feelings, as if his romance skills temporarily reached "S rank" from it's usual C-. Since he is portrayed as a fairly 'realistic' MC regarding his ineptitude in those areas, this is a downright miracle.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:10   Link #68
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My point was that Dragon was not completely free from blame, thus the reaction of some of the people.
For what is the Dragon to blame? He didn't invite over, then refuse to see her. He's never led her on, making her feel like she had a chance with him. It's completely one-sided, with that one side ignoring the other's wishes and attempting to force herself upon him.

Quote:

Feeling guilty is better than apathy...
I was wondering where you got these bits of off-the-wall philosophy, so I googled both phrases and, lo and behold, they appear to be your own unique aphorisms, as for both phrases, google only turned up one, and only one, result:

Quote:
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll - Page 4 ...
forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=4543274
Stubborn must be fought with stubborn. Feeling guilty is better than apathy. Quote
: Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post. Because his ...
Old 2013-02-05, 20:13   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Unfortunately for Rita, I don't think Dragon's issues with people and girls in particular will be resolved by a forceful attack. She gained some ground with the email, because it was something that could be responded to at a certain pace. A surprise attack like that, just created the reaction to fall back on instinct. Retreat, throw up the walls (in every sense), and hide out until the storm passes.

Not the best way to handle it of course. But think we're still awaiting more character development on his side. Another option too is a slight change in approach from Rita. Too aggressive and will get shut down again.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:15   Link #70
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
It's really wonderful when a girl can be "stubborn" with a guy and everyone cheers for her, but when a guy does it, he's a pervert and is sexually harassing her.
Guess the notion of "personal space" doesn't matter much if it's a girl doing the harassing.

Quote:
You actually didn't get it even though it was stated clearly in the scene?

What's with the attitude?

I didn't see things from that prism, guess that was an oversight on my part. Mostly because I no longer pay actual attention to anything that guy does since, as I said earlier, the guy was never properly fleshed out as a character so he mostly passes under my radar. If anything, I was annoyed at how easily he gave up on Nanami.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:16   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
For what is the Dragon to blame? He didn't invite over, then refuse to see her. He's never led her on, making her feel like she had a chance with him. It's completely one-sided, with that one side ignoring the other's wishes and attempting to force herself upon him.
That's the excuse people use to justify themselves for not taking the high road.

Quote:
I was wondering where you got these bits of off-the-wall philosophy, so I googled both phrases and, lo and behold, they appear to be your own unique aphorisms, as for both phrases, google only turned up one, and only one, result:
Wait, is this a praise or a mockery ?
Old 2013-02-05, 20:16   Link #72
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Yes, but does that automatically give anyone the right to shut out and completely ignore a person that came all the way over from another country? That in itself is unreasonable by any standards, and to support such action is committing the same kind of mistake Rita is making.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:23   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's really wonderful when a girl can be "stubborn" with a guy and everyone cheers for her, but when a guy does it, he's a pervert and is sexually harassing her.
Are you starting a cause for male rights?

Quote:
What's with the attitude?

I didn't see things from that prism, guess that was an oversight on my part. Mostly because I no longer pay actual attention to anything that guy does since, as I said earlier, the guy was never properly fleshed out as a character so he mostly passes under my radar. If anything, I was annoyed at how easily he gave up on Nanami.
I tend to get annoyed when people judge a character base on their own misunderstandings even though it was clearly stated in the show by the characters themselves.

It's a bad habit of mine.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:23   Link #74
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Yes, but does that automatically give anyone the right to shut out and completely ignore a person that came all the way over from another country?
Uninvited and unannounced? Definitely.

If he doesn't want to see her, why should he do so? Just because she came from soooooo far away?

Pick up a phone and announce yourself. If the other party's ok with it (or you know that they'd be happy for you to visit), then sure, come over!
If not, you're just being an annoyance.

EDIT

Quote:
Are you starting a cause for males' rights?
No. But the duality amuses me to no end.

Quote:
I tend to get annoyed when people judge a character base on their own misunderstandings even though it was clearly stated in the show by the characters themselves.

It's a bad habit of mine.
I've seen way too many anime where the main character has a "loser best friend" who does nothing but being comic relief. I may have unwillingly placed... er... that guy (what's his name again?) under the that category because the poor guy rarely ever shows up, and when he does, his timing's awful.
After reading what you guys wrote about that scene... I agree, he was a bro. But I still feel he gave up on his love far too quickly (especially since loving Nanami was the only thing we know about him?).
Old 2013-02-05, 20:25   Link #75
Sumeragi
Banned

Then I see no hope for you.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:26   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Like I've said, it's an excuse use to justify not taking the high road.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:29   Link #77
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Like I've said, it's an excuse use to justify not taking the high road.
I'm not sure Rita would get the message with the high road.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:29   Link #78
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Then I see no hope for you.
Care to explain?
Old 2013-02-05, 20:32   Link #79
Sumeragi
Banned

You've fallen into the same kind of hypocrisy that Rita basically used to justify her actions: Extreme actions need extreme measures.

The ultimate thing to note is that all parties have a fault in this, and to say either side's action was justified is in itself wrong.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:34   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm not sure Rita would get the message with the high road.
Irrelevant; the high road is not about what's good for oneself.
Closed Thread