Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-25, 15:21   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Zambot 3 (Invincible Superman Zambot 3)

People should watch it I suppose. Believe it or not it gets really depressing later on and is directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino (surprised?).

It also has the most repetitive theme song in a Super Robot show I can recall. Sorry Toei you lose on this one, but even if you don't have number one you dominate the repetitive theme song rankings.

edit: Shinji, Nightengale.... Hello?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-25 at 22:59.
Old 2007-02-26, 00:16   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm ashamed to say that I've never watched more than 5 episodes of Zambot 3. The last time I watched it, I was my current waist's tall, and like the Legend of Galactic Heroes side-story OVA, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack to find Zambot 3 DVDs here.

Though I've heard that Zambot 3 is like a total opposite of Daitarn 3 which I didn't like very much, so I've been interested...for a while now. If by some snowball's chance in Southeast Asia I ever get to find the whole Zambot 3 set, I'll surely purchase it, but until then, Zambot is one of the Obscure Few classic SRs that I've never watched.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-02-26, 01:12   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm ashamed to say that I've never watched more than 5 episodes of Zambot 3. The last time I watched it, I was my current waist's tall, and like the Legend of Galactic Heroes side-story OVA, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack to find Zambot 3 DVDs here.

Though I've heard that Zambot 3 is like a total opposite of Daitarn 3 which I didn't like very much, so I've been interested...for a while now. If by some snowball's chance in Southeast Asia I ever get to find the whole Zambot 3 set, I'll surely purchase it, but until then, Zambot is one of the Obscure Few classic SRs that I've never watched.
Ah good there you are. If there's one thing I noticed about the series its how weird all the voices were in 70's. In every series around that time every kid had the same screeching voice and all the older men kind of mumbled. It's honestly the funniest thing you'll ever hear. Zambot 3 seems more interesting and deep than most Super Robot Series of the time. The Jin Family clearly sees Zambot 3 as a curse that will bring ruin to their family and they wish they never found it and could live peacefully on earth. At least the older people believe this. Right now Kappei is caught up in the power the Zambo Ace has given him and seems a little drunk on it. That is likely to change though.
Old 2008-05-25, 18:59   Link #4
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

I downloaded the whole set a couple weeks ago and am working my way thru the series. But I just want to thank shin-getter for subbing this... I am not done watching but I am really loving what I've watched so far. Their website is down, so I guess I can't thank them, but I can recommend this title. Seeing such an old titles lets me know the more of the roots of mecha anime. Its quite spectacular, considering when it was released. I can not wait for the story to get more sad, because I love sad stories

Edit:Good god episode 17 made me shed tears a little. Man this a good series, I never thought it would be like this....

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2008-06-19 at 13:20.
Closed Thread