AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-03, 21:50   Link #941
Meophist

Sorry, but here's the last part I had planned for Threshold and Pain:
Spoiler for Threshold and Pain:
Here's an opportunity for everybody to get involved.
Old 2007-06-03, 21:53   Link #942
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
So she's slightly a living dead? Quite frightening. The scythe idea just got better ofter this. Good work! And happy birthday, by the way.
Err… no. The legend was just a legend. It's not historically accurate. Not to mention it's a second-hand account of a legend, so details may have been distorted.
Old 2007-06-03, 22:02   Link #943
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Sounds like something I can get involved with, finally : D

Though, does the limit just limit the overall mage rank or does it limit everything, like barriers, etc. ?For example, Krystal has a overall mage rank of AA but her shield strength is rated at around S. How would the limiter affect her? :X

Past Logia incidents? Sounds like major plot material which I am very eager to get info on n_n.
Old 2007-06-03, 22:15   Link #944
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Sounds like something I can get involved with, finally : D

Though, does the limit just limit the overall mage rank or does it limit everything, like barriers, etc. ?For example, Krystal has a overall mage rank of AA but her shield strength is rated at around S. How would the limiter affect her? :X
The limiter affects magical output capability. As for what that means, I guess it's up to you. The general point is that these turn the characters into a weaker version of themselves. Their strengths remain strengths, their weaknesses remain weaknesses. However, the general capabilities(i.e everything) are lowered to a certain point. This of course will not affect weaker characters as much as the stronger characters as it will only go down to B-rank. Flight capabilities remain, although may be more limited.

Wow, I typed up more than I thought I would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Past Logia incidents? Sounds like major plot material which I am very eager to get info on n_n.
If you want an example of Lost Logia incidents, there's the Jewel Seed incident as well as the Book of Darkness incident.
Old 2007-06-03, 22:32   Link #945
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Interesting. So you've finally set up a climactic match? Or maybe is this the first of many to come?

Quote:
The limiter affects magical output capability. As for what that means, I guess it's up to you. The general point is that these turn the characters into a weaker version of themselves. Their strengths remain strengths, their weaknesses remain weaknesses. However, the general capabilities(i.e everything) are lowered to a certain point. This of course will not affect weaker characters as much as the stronger characters as it will only go down to B-rank. Flight capabilities remain, although may be more limited.
By the way Treshold could apply limiters just after getting you in her line of vision is gonna spell trouble for many characters here. Provided Pain could handle almost everyone of the nerfed characters. The way things are going, maybe the protagonists from the series might get heavily involved.

Gah. I gotta start hurrying in making my other characters as well. I've still got my loli villain in the editing board as well.

@tshouryuu: Poor Tais and Yui. I guess this is the first manifestation of the 'frighteningly powerful but sweet character' type in Ginga. Nice work!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-03, 23:02   Link #946
Meophist

Quote:
Interesting. So you've finally set up a climactic match? Or maybe is this the first of many to come?
Haven't quite decided yet.
Quote:
By the way Treshold could apply limiters just after getting you in her line of vision is gonna spell trouble for many characters here. Provided Pain could handle almost everyone of the nerfed characters. The way things are going, maybe the protagonists from the series might get heavily involved.
What's the point of a villian that won't cause trouble for the good guys? Of course it's not going to be easy, but it's also not going to be impossible. And, uhh… yeah, I also planned for the main protagonists to be involved too. I think Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate would be interested in protecting Uminari City.
Old 2007-06-03, 23:02   Link #947
Mow Yun

Meophist - I mean, why would they appear at sites of past lost logia accidents/incidents. Sounds like a fine plot point to start off from : )
Old 2007-06-03, 23:22   Link #948
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Damn it! Backlog! Now I know why I need a serious daily dose of Internet D:

so whose happy birthday was it, hmmm? *tosses confetti* Omedetou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Ooh. How old is he in StrikerS? If his age is 10 years after, I certainly see some sniper action with Teresa VS Takeru. :
I can already see an epic "sniper-versus-sniper", loli-vs-shota battle-wait, is Teresa a loli?

Quote:
SILENT BULLET! So he's here too? When will we see Frieda?
she will appear

take note that Takeru in StrikerS will be very different from Takeru in Widuri in term of storyline and role.

Okay, here we go:

Spoiler for surprise:

Phew, that was so short. >_< I can only hope there's room for improvement
Old 2007-06-03, 23:49   Link #949
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Is this to be timed with an in-canon event, or is this set after StrikerS? I can't seem to remember what year it is in Mid Childa now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I can already see an epic "sniper-versus-sniper", loli-vs-shota battle-wait, is Teresa a loli?
She is. A Mid Childa Long-Range Bombardment class with a scoped revolver from the movie "xXx" no less.

Quote:
she will appear

take note that Takeru in StrikerS will be very different from Takeru in Widuri in term of storyline and role.

Okay, here we go:

Spoiler for surprise:

Is this the shouta sniper? Wow. Funny how Teresa the MC sniper prefers closer ranges than this NV sniper. But she can snipe, until Uruzu 6 tops her.

Kinda unconciliable this NV sniper, given the short ranged nature of V magics, but I guess that's why you ran out of spells. I suppose this rifle's got a "beam bayonet"? After all, Cross Mirage has one, Teresa's primary device has one, and with Little Buster being a NV device all the more should have one.
Old 2007-06-03, 23:56   Link #950
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Is this to be timed with an in-canon event, or is this set after StrikerS? I can't seem to remember what year it is in Mid Childa now.
StrikerS takes place during 0075. The reports are dated 0072.
Old 2007-06-04, 00:29   Link #951
Satty
Slash!

I finally got my character done and the profile is edited...everyone is making a lot of characters, especially concerning characters that are loli battle machines

Quote:

Okay, here we go:

Spoiler for surprise:

There's already snipers, damn.....oh, well. I want to see a sniper fight, now

Last edited by Satty; 2007-06-04 at 00:39.
Old 2007-06-04, 00:32   Link #952
Aaron008R

Quote:

she will appear

Okay, here we go:

Spoiler for surprise:

Nice. You should add 'Breaker' to your Panzer Faust in order to get a reservation for the next Ace in Kha's list. He really looks like he will fit in IF he eventually joins the TSAB.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-04, 00:43   Link #953
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
I finally got my character done and the profile is edited...everyone is making a lot of characters, especially loli battle machines

There's already snipers, damn.....oh, well. I want to see a sniper fight, now
Whoa that's alot of spells

I'm thinking a promotion is coming for Satatoshi very soon. Although I'm thinking that exessive cartridge use isn't good for his health.

Good job!
Old 2007-06-04, 00:44   Link #954
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Serge could probably take them on, especially considering their determination to inflict magical damage. Going alone would still be risky though, and it's unlikely he'd get involved unless directly ordered from above on top of that.

BTW how do limiters work with high-level abilities like time manipulation or messing with someone's existance (didn't expect anyone to go that far )? Do they prevent their usage completely or gimp them in some way?
Old 2007-06-04, 00:47   Link #955
Mow Yun

It probably gimps them severely, but since they're OCs its really all up to the creator...
Old 2007-06-04, 00:51   Link #956
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Edit: Finally done...yay for long trips on the weekends...

Spoiler for space:
:t witch:
GAH! What the, I've never seen such a plentiful but detailed spell list for any fan-character in my forum life. And it looks like Sato-kun burns up even more cartirdges than Nanoha does on a daily basis. And you've got the ten-second Accel-Faiz movement as well! Are you sure you don't want to add a Breaker spell for him as well? He's quite a powerhouse, I must say. Good work!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-04, 00:51   Link #957
An Hero in Disguise
Human

The question is whether there's some minimal magic capacity required to cast high-level spells at all. If it's the case putting a limiter on will prevent their usage. Otherwise only spells' effect is weakened.
Old 2007-06-04, 00:57   Link #958
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Oh ho. Where there is Lost Logia, there is trouble. A lot of characters could be involved here. But poor Uminari City. It will be destroyed.

Quote:

she will appear

Okay, here we go:

Spoiler for surprise:

I like the story of how he got his powers. One thing that makes me wonder, though, is how Frieda allowed Takeru to become a bounty hunter, after he has finally become a Belkan Knight. Wouldnt that be dishonorable in the eyes of a Belkan Knight? I wonder what Signum would say about this.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
The question is whether there's some minimal magic capacity required to cast high-level spells at all. If it's the case putting a limiter on will prevent their usage. Otherwise only spells' effect is weakened.
My guess is that a spell that can manipulate time cannot be casted, as it would require an immense amount of energy, which is just what a limiter...eh...limits: the energy output of the Linker Core.
Old 2007-06-04, 01:02   Link #959
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Serge could probably take them on, especially considering their determination to inflict magical damage. Going alone would still be risky though, and it's unlikely he'd get involved unless directly ordered from above on top of that.

BTW how do limiters work with high-level abilities like time manipulation or messing with someone's existance (didn't expect anyone to go that far )? Do they prevent their usage completely or gimp them in some way?
Like I said, MOST of the characters. But of course, they'll prove to be dangerous to everyone wether we like it or not. I can name a few OC's aside from Serge that will have a very good chance against those two right now but I guess I shouldn't.

About your second question, I guess it only applies to the basic concepts of the mage's magic in Nanohaverse. I don't think they'll work with the more distinct attributes introduced here like the Kha's divine prowess, Hikki's Chronograph or Mabiko's Nova Charger.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-04, 01:03   Link #960
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
My guess is that a spell that can manipulate time cannot be casted, as it would require an immense amount of energy, which is just what a limiter...eh...limits: the energy output of the Linker Core.
Then applying a limiter forcefully screws the hax0rs indeed

EDIT:

@Aaron008R: Heh, didn't count the abilities working on another principles than regular magic in Nanohaverse those cheaters oh wait, I used that myself
Closed Thread