AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-07-31, 09:29   Link #381
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Thanks for the image link. I dont know how company brand can affect the quality of the figurines (Alter, Movic...etc) but nonetheless, the Nanoha figurine looks cool...I think I might consider getting one.

Well, some people have been complaining about Movic's faces... and if you look at the Signum (from a different company) she seems squished and out of proportion. So there are some small differences from company to company.

Personally though, most of my figures are from Kotobukiya, and I have the Alter Fate also. There are a few subtle differences between them (like Alter seems to be made of a harder plastic) but overally they are fairly similar. As for facial sculpts... personally I don't see them being as that bad. I mean if you look closely at the pics from the Alter Fate (which lots of people praise) the face is pretty similar. There is even a fairly noticeable hair line/seam too.

Quote:
Yea Subaru has become the main focus in the new opening and into the story as well...I guess its just logical reason to make the characters that are mainly focused in the story than those who aren't. Business wise that is.
I'm just hoping that they will eventually make all of the Forwards.
Yea, I know what you mean. Hopefully they'll do more characters. Although I wouldn't get my hopes up too much sadly. Even in Nanoha and Nanoha A's they only did a small portion of the cast (read Nanoha and Fate) even though they had quite a few chars on par (or close) in terms of importance/main characterness with the forwards from StrikerS. Time will tell, hopefully a few months from now this post can be looked back on and laughed at when they do more forwards... or Hayate/Rein

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 02:07   Link #382
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

*waits for a Revoltech Nanoha-related figure*
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 02:13   Link #383
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

yea, I guess people just have different tastes when it comes to whoever company will be making the figurines.
I myself own the Alter Nanoha figurine (non battle pose ver.) and the Fate figurine (the one that wasn't made from Alter).
I do see the Alter Fate in my local import anime store...I'm even wondering if I should get that also. Its priced at $70...hmm
that signum figurines isn't that bad looking...its pretty good and atleast they made something out of the only Nanoha and Fate trend of figurines.

Yea, after watching both seasons of Nanoha and becoming an instant fan of the series, I immediately tried to find figurines of them. Come to find out, its only Nanoha and Fate that they made figurines for. I was hoping for Hayate, Reinforce, and even the Wolkritter knights to be made, but they weren't.
But yea I would wish that they would make the rest of the Forwards. They were the main focus in the whole series so far, each with their own pasts that have an effect on the present time after joining TSAB. I'm also anticipating that they make a Hayate and Rein figurine as well. It would be better if the Rein and Hayate figurine were all in one, since Rein II is just a small unison device.
The numbers I can see them not making figurines for them. Although I wish they would make them too, since I seem to be growing to like atleast one of them (no.5). Maybe they'll made into those random figurines that are packed in a small box.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 11:15   Link #384
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
I do see the Alter Fate in my local import anime store...I'm even wondering if I should get that also. Its priced at $70.
Thats a fairly good deal IMO. The retail was something like 60 bucks by today's exchange rate, so such a small markup for something that is hard to find is pretty good. If you do get it though, make sure you have a lot of room to display her. Just take a look at the box size, she is HUGE. Her cape is what really does it (which can be removed) but her cape is what makes the figurine cool imo.

Quote:
Yea, after watching both seasons of Nanoha and becoming an instant fan of the series, I immediately tried to find figurines of them. Come to find out, its only Nanoha and Fate that they made figurines for. I was hoping for Hayate, Reinforce, and even the Wolkritter knights to be made, but they weren't.
Actually... that isn't totally true. They never made any pvc figurines, however there ARE resin kits available for Hayate, Rein II, and soon I believe several of the Wolkenritter will be available. The same ones seen at the last Wonderfest that is. You can see the pics for those one like page 11 or so in this thread. I'm not sure how official these are, but they have been made and are for sale on various sites around the net. Of course, Resin kits you have to put together and paint yourself...

Quote:
It would be better if the Rein and Hayate figurine were all in one, since Rein II is just a small unison device.
While it's true that Rein II is just a small unison device I disagree that it would be better if the figurine was both Hayate and Rein II. That Rein II would be microscopic if it was sitting on Hayate's shoulder or something. I mean think about it, Rein II is already about the same height as Hayate's head (roughly) so if they added her into a 1/8th figurine of Hayate you'd basically have like a 1 inch tall (if that) Rein II. It's like why even bother with something that small? Producing something that small you really wont get that much detail, which is (for me) one of the main reasons I buy figurines... they have good detail/likeness of the char.

Old 2007-08-01, 15:51   Link #385
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion

Cover for the second volume. Shota fans will be pleased, the rest of us will just have to hope this is the last volume he's on. And I really hope Tiana's face isn't as off-looking close-up as looks here..

As relentless said already, no BGM CD this time, and so it's a bit cheaper. 2 more ID cards, interview with Fate, Kyaro and the shota, the fancy slipcase packaging again, and a creditless OP1. Plus you get Ep5 in DVD quality, isn't that enough reason to buy it?
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 07:24   Link #386
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

While technically not merchandise, I think this'll fit here:

DO WANT

...no...

DO NEED

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 07:26   Link #387
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
The question is, where do you buy?
and yes I do want!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 07:54   Link #388
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

I'd say it's a one-off custom figure. Best I can think of is a release for Wonderfest. I'd think that the sauce for this is required.

And lulz at Subaru fighting Dendoh.
Old 2007-08-02, 17:27   Link #389
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Thats a fairly good deal IMO. The retail was something like 60 bucks by today's exchange rate, so such a small markup for something that is hard to find is pretty good. If you do get it though, make sure you have a lot of room to display her. Just take a look at the box size, she is HUGE. Her cape is what really does it (which can be removed) but her cape is what makes the figurine cool imo.

Actually... that isn't totally true. They never made any pvc figurines, however there ARE resin kits available for Hayate, Rein II, and soon I believe several of the Wolkenritter will be available. The same ones seen at the last Wonderfest that is. You can see the pics for those one like page 11 or so in this thread. I'm not sure how official these are, but they have been made and are for sale on various sites around the net. Of course, Resin kits you have to put together and paint yourself...

While it's true that Rein II is just a small unison device I disagree that it would be better if the figurine was both Hayate and Rein II. That Rein II would be microscopic if it was sitting on Hayate's shoulder or something. I mean think about it, Rein II is already about the same height as Hayate's head (roughly) so if they added her into a 1/8th figurine of Hayate you'd basically have like a 1 inch tall (if that) Rein II. It's like why even bother with something that small? Producing something that small you really wont get that much detail, which is (for me) one of the main reasons I buy figurines... they have good detail/likeness of the char.
Resin kits huh...sound similar to building Gundam models and I used to build them...sounds interesting though.
Yea I guess I see what you mean about Hayate and Rein II being on the same figurine model. She'll be too small and well, she won't stand out that much in the figure, so I guess its best just to go separate on her figurine instead of being with Hayate.
As for the Alter Fate figurine, I'll but it then since its a pretty good deal. Plus I've seen the box also, its pretty huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While technically not merchandise, I think this'll fit here:

DO WANT

...no...

DO NEED
I'm guessing this is an example of a Resin kit?
Thats a nice Subaru Resin kit though.
Old 2007-08-02, 22:50   Link #390
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
I'm guessing this is an example of a Resin kit?
Thats a nice Subaru Resin kit though.

If you want to see a good example of resin kits take a look at this. Thats the Rein Resin Kit I've seen online before. Also, if you look around this thread, most of the wires sticking out of a candle (well wax base type thing) are resin kits I believe. Nice thing about Resin kits is that you can get some nice details on them. The bad thing about them is they are fragile and you have to put them together (including painting) yourself most times. You can find some pre-painted sometimes though. See if your local shop has anything around say 100+ bucks. My local shop had some of those last time I was in, and when I asked they said they were resin statues. So, chances are if your shop has anything that expensive it's a pre-painted resin.

Old 2007-08-03, 01:19   Link #391
HeartNana

While also techincally not merchandise, i had a friend build this for me:

Last edited by HeartNana; 2007-08-03 at 01:37.
HeartNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 05:53   Link #392
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
If you want to see a good example of resin kits take a look at this. Thats the Rein Resin Kit I've seen online before. Also, if you look around this thread, most of the wires sticking out of a candle (well wax base type thing) are resin kits I believe. Nice thing about Resin kits is that you can get some nice details on them. The bad thing about them is they are fragile and you have to put them together (including painting) yourself most times. You can find some pre-painted sometimes though. See if your local shop has anything around say 100+ bucks. My local shop had some of those last time I was in, and when I asked they said they were resin statues. So, chances are if your shop has anything that expensive it's a pre-painted resin.
so some Resin kits are made out of wax while some are made out of plastic?
thats pretty unique, although making a figure out of a wax resin kit sounds pretty much non-repairable if you make some kind of mistake...like one of the arms breaking or something.
thanks for the link though and I don't think that any of the shops in my area carry any Resin kits, nor do they even order...maybe unless they are asked to...hhmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartNana View Post
While also techincally not merchandise, i had a friend build this for me:

wow thats a good job that your friend did to that arcade control pad.
Old 2007-08-03, 09:43   Link #393
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
so some Resin kits are made out of wax while some are made out of plastic?
thats pretty unique, although making a figure out of a wax resin kit sounds pretty much non-repairable if you make some kind of mistake...like one of the arms breaking or something.
thanks for the link though and I don't think that any of the shops in my area carry any Resin kits, nor do they even order...maybe unless they are asked to...hhmmm
Resin is resin. He was probably refering to the stands made out of brass wire sticking out of the bases since they look like candles.

If you want resin kits.

www.e2046.com
www.hobbyfan.com

Gotten two orders from e2046.com and have had no problems with them. Good customer service as well.
Old 2007-08-03, 16:48   Link #394
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Resin is resin. He was probably refering to the stands made out of brass wire sticking out of the bases since they look like candles.
Correct, that is what I was referring to. Just like in this pic here:

Spoiler for Large(ish) Pic:

You can see the wire going into a candle like thingy. Though it can also go into a wood base like the pic I linked as an example.

Old 2007-08-03, 16:57   Link #395
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Correct, that is what I was referring to. Just like in this pic here:

Spoiler for Large(ish) Pic:

You can see the wire going into a candle like thingy. Though it can also go into a wood base like the pic I linked as an example.
I WANT THAT!
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 03:10   Link #396
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

http://www.e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=7104

Have fun.
Old 2007-08-05, 16:04   Link #397
philmein

WOW!
It's only priced at 51 bucks..
I am so getting her! Well, maybe...I'm financially done for..
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 20:16   Link #398
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

You do know that she will arrive in pieces and unpainted?
Old 2007-08-06, 16:53   Link #399
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
You do know that she will arrive in pieces and unpainted?

Hopefully he does, although that item page doesn't include broken down pics like some of the others do. It also says they aren't going to be providing instructions... but I can't think that they would be terribly hard to put together. The painting though is another matter if they tell you what colors to use for it in there. Not that all their paintings they have in pictures are that good.

I'd probably buy her if I had more money, but since I don't have an air brush or anything to paint it anymore that would have to be bought first. Though It'd probably be a good investment since some of the resin kits are quite nice, and sometimes you can't find a pvc figurine of something but you can find a resin..

Old 2007-08-06, 17:02   Link #400
Mirificus

Quote:
Hopefully he does, although that item page doesn't include broken down pics like some of the others do. It also says they aren't going to be providing instructions... but I can't think that they would be terribly hard to put together. The painting though is another matter if they tell you what colors to use for it in there. Not that all their paintings they have in pictures are that good.
It says "Painting Required" under the assembly guide.