Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-21, 15:54   Link #1981
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Found something on another forum that I thought some may find interesting to read... Posting it here since I'm not sure where else to post it...

Originally Posted by vintage-glitter
from weekly shonen jump!!! i dunno which issue it is though..
hello! i was randomly browsing this chinese website and i found this article in weekly shonen jump which i want to share with everyone. it is so touching and i was close to tears after reading it!!!!

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=309023360

its from the link which is translated from japanese to chinese and im translating it to english. haha enough said, here it is!

P.S. im sorry if im putting things in here wrongly or making mistakes translating (doing it directly). feel free to correct me and the mistakes that i made!

the translation!
Spoiler:
“If I can have 5 lifetimes.”
“I can be born in 5 different places, I can eat different types of food 5 lifetimes, and have different occupations in 5 lifetimes.”
“To like the same person 5 lifetimes”

You may have made a simple wish in front of him. The tender expression you have on your face is like you will really have 5 lifetimes. It’s just like any girl will make dreams, but it is different from others, you are determined not to change your mind about your love even if you are dreaming.

Kurosaki ichigo, from the beginning, he is already an extremely important person to you. Liking him being so determined despite suffering from injuries, or liking him smiling and being so gentle while comforting you. He’s orange coloured hair just engulfs your sky. The inability to let you get out of your sadness like rukia can, just makes your whole sky cry from misery.

What have you done for him in soul society, and what can you do for him now?

You think you are useless, you cried painfully on rangiku’s chest, you went to find urahara and others, you wish to become stronger. Even if you can’t fight with him, even when ichigo is injured, you want to heal him using the fastest method.

Aizen orders you to betray soul society, to betray all the shinigami and humans, including ichigo. At the end, you can only give a little farewell. You have no choice, but only accept to say goodbye to that person. When lying on the bed unconscious, even when you lie close to him wanting to kiss him, he has no absolute idea.

But you smiled while you cried, you do not know whether if you will see him in the future, but your wish of using 5 lifetimes to like the same person, never change.

When you saw him entering hueco mundo, seeing him fighting once again, narrowly escaping death, you knew you didn’t love the wrong person.
When he protects you, and because of your support that he can ignites his fighting spirit, you begin to feel that you have some worth.
But do you realise, orihime?

When you decide to give your life for someone, you are already his life.
-------------------

*Flee's for life*
You SHOULD flee. Touching little bit of writing but I'd bet it was never in any version of Shounen Jump, Japanese or American or Chinese. SHOW ME THE PAGE.

Seriously, the flailing lies from the Ichigo and Orihime camp are getting ridiculous. There was that girl at SDCC who spread the rumor on her Deviant Art page that Kubo would point to an IchiOri/RenRuki art whenever anyone asked him about pairings; there was the preposterous idea from the Japanese artist Tanobata Days that said Shounen Jump (yes WSJ) had said that the manga action would return to Ichigo fighting for Orihime ... a few weeks ago, I think.... and things like this.

Just the flailings of a drowning ship. They'd be amusing except that I really can't stand deliberate falsehoods being spread around on no basis whatsoever.
Old 2008-11-21, 17:04   Link #1982
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
but the author really likes dreaming H/she is implying that loves usually don't continue being one-sided for long. But what's sad is that one-sided loves never end up two-sided.
Neither you nor the author are right. One-sided love often ends up two-sided, after all it's not like love at first sight applies to everyone. A guy could gradually fall in love with a girl without her having the slightest clue, simply because he hasn't communicated his feelings properly. Depending on how the guy acts, the girl may never find out and that love would indeed remain one-sided. However if he acts appropriatly and expresses himself clearly, he has a good chance...why wouldn't he?

@Debbiechan:
The IchiOri camp has no real reason to lie, most of them are human and have other things to be doing, you're getting paranoid...
Yeah one or two duds aren't all too suprising, but that doesn't mean everything anyone who likes the pairing says is a complete lie. Not saying this 'article' is authentic, but the girl who translated it isn't obligated to prove herself either.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2008-11-22 at 05:31.
Old 2008-11-21, 17:33   Link #1983
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechan View Post
You SHOULD flee. Touching little bit of writing but I'd bet it was never in any version of Shounen Jump, Japanese or American or Chinese. SHOW ME THE PAGE.

Seriously, the flailing lies from the Ichigo and Orihime camp are getting ridiculous. There was that girl at SDCC who spread the rumor on her Deviant Art page that Kubo would point to an IchiOri/RenRuki art whenever anyone asked him about pairings; there was the preposterous idea from the Japanese artist Tanobata Days that said Shounen Jump (yes WSJ) had said that the manga action would return to Ichigo fighting for Orihime ... a few weeks ago, I think.... and things like this.

Just the flailings of a drowning ship. They'd be amusing except that I really can't stand deliberate falsehoods being spread around on no basis whatsoever.
My understanding of Kanji is horrendous, afterall I was born and raised in the states. So why don't you go through the link I posted and disprove me instead rather than screaming "LIES"
Old 2008-11-21, 18:36   Link #1984
debbiechan
Ishida Zealot

Kakashi--did I accuse all IchiOri shippers of being liars? No.
HT--A prank I'd love to do if I had the audacity of a real nine-year-old is get one of my Japanese friends to write something like "Kubo says he will kill Hitsugaya before the New Year" in beautiful kanji somewhere on the net (I dunno where, maybe 2ch that veritable fount of information or any which source) and point to it and go "BEHOLD IT IS WRITTEN IN JAPANESE THEREFORE IT IS THE TRUTH." Don't make me laugh. I ask for a scan of the Shounen Jump page. If you spout your Japanese credentials one more time, I'm going to pull out my third grade report cards.

Hey, guess what? I read in the Wall Street Journal yesterday that president-elect Obama is going to tax bittorrent downloads.
Old 2008-11-21, 19:13   Link #1985
dim sum

Kurosaki-kun Kurosaki-kun Kurosaki-kun Kurosaki-kun Kurosaki-kun Kurosaki-kun
18 by my count.

She could have varied it with the tried (although not true): Kurosaki-kun, don't get hurt anymore.
Or perhaps the touching (probably not true): Kurosaki-kun, my life is yours.
Or even: Kurosaki-kuuuuuuuuuuun! followed by a black page.

Orihime's not weak or useless, just rather helpless. So you can't exactly kick a slobbering puppy or baby, or in this case, a blubbering 'Hime. Except if you're Nnoi, and even in that case, there's always a Zaraki waiting with *two* logics (logic and *his* logic) to slash at you.
Old 2008-11-21, 21:01   Link #1986
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Kakashi--did I accuse all IchiOri shippers of being liars? No.
HT--A prank I'd love to do if I had the audacity of a real nine-year-old is get one of my Japanese friends to write something like "Kubo says he will kill Hitsugaya before the New Year" in beautiful kanji somewhere on the net (I dunno where, maybe 2ch that veritable fount of information or any which source) and point to it and go "BEHOLD IT IS WRITTEN IN JAPANESE THEREFORE IT IS THE TRUTH." Don't make me laugh. I ask for a scan of the Shounen Jump page. If you spout your Japanese credentials one more time, I'm going to pull out my third grade report cards.

Hey, guess what? I read in the Wall Street Journal yesterday that president-elect Obama is going to tax bittorrent downloads.
Shooting the messenger? I just posted what I found interesting in another forum. If you wanna go off on a retarded tangent feel free to. Why don't you do yourself a favor and go through that link that was posted? I already mentioned that my ability to understand Kanji is horrendous, so my ability to navigate through it is virtually zero. So if you have the resources or knowledge to translate that entire source page to prove or disprove it. All the better than getting all moody about it.

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2008-11-21 at 21:32. Reason: done with the pissing contest >_>
Old 2008-11-21, 21:04   Link #1987
Marionette

Quote:
My understanding of Kanji is horrendous, afterall I was born and raised in the states. So why don't you go through the link I posted and disprove me instead rather than screaming "LIES"
She might not know Chinese, but I and a lot of other people do. If this person's Chinese is good enough to translate that article than you can tell that nowhere does it say that it came from SJ. Mainland China doesn't have SJ. It's just from a random anime magazine, which tends to be rather careless about ship netuality, considering there's also a recent article that fangirls about how IchiRuki the new movie is like any fangirl would on a forum.

In other words, it is a blatant, ill-crafted lie.
Old 2008-11-21, 21:10   Link #1988
kirklan

Quote:
Found something on another forum that I thought some may find interesting to read... Posting it here since I'm not sure where else to post it...

*Flee's for life*
lmao. I can't believe this made it here. hahaha~

sorry to burst your bubble, but I remember reading this in some Chinese girl's blog a looonnnggg time ago. In the same entry, she talked about many manga she was reading at the time and gave her thoughts on each. That was what she wrote for ichihime. I think it's just her view on bleach pairing, no where did say anything about it being an article in Jump. I can try to find that blog again, but this whole thing is just hilarious! I can't stop laughing!!!
Old 2008-11-21, 21:18   Link #1989
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklan View Post
lmao. I can't believe this made it here. hahaha~

sorry to burst your bubble, but I saw this a looonnnggg time ago in some Chinese girl's blog. In the same entry, she talked about many manga she was reading at the time and gave her thoughts on each. That was what she wrote for ichihime. I think it's just her view on bleach pairing, no where did say anything about it being an article in Jump. I can try to find that blog again, but this whole thing is just hilarious! I can't stop laughing!!!
If thats true, then its true. I never claimed it to be so. I only said it was interesting, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2008-11-21, 21:19   Link #1990
Kuroda

Interesting i thought this thread about hating on orihime not discussing ichiruki........ wither or not its BS or the truth lets keep it on topic shall we, none of this bait and flame crap okie?

18 times to say his name when she could've used to energy to summon something to knock noi away and help ichigo but no they had to bring in the captians somehow.

And if you SAY you can read it, feel free to translate it for us, mmk?
Old 2008-11-21, 22:49   Link #1991
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda View Post
18 times to say his name when she could've used to energy to summon something to knock noi away and help ichigo but no they had to bring in the captians somehow.
*sigh* I know, she's as useless as tits on a board.

That being said, I love love your little Kakashi omage you've got going with your avatar and sig. Well done sir, well done!
Old 2008-11-22, 06:05   Link #1992
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
It's just from a random anime magazine, which tends to be rather careless about ship netuality, considering there's also a recent article that fangirls about how IchiRuki the new movie is like any fangirl would on a forum.

In other words, it is a blatant, ill-crafted lie.
Where did all you guys come from?
Anyway, I don't see why everyone's taking it so seriously. Even if it is authentic (which it clearly isn't), it's just a fan getting her article published in SJ. What does that prove? Nothing. In the end the manga is what we should be looking at, not some magazine and not the mental health of the opposing ship. Case closed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim sum View Post
Orihime's not weak or useless, just rather helpless. So you can't exactly kick a slobbering puppy or baby, or in this case, a blubbering 'Hime.
I guess we could draw a line down the middle and say Orihime haters are most likely to be hatin on puppies.
Old 2008-11-22, 06:39   Link #1993
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I guess we could draw a line down the middle and say Orihime haters are most likely to be hatin on puppies.
Naw, puppies are adorable when they cry. You just wanna smush their faces, give them a good scratch behind the ears and roll around the yard with them a bit. Orihime... well, I don't normally condone violence against women but I would LOVE to bitch slap her into next week... Seriously, I was cheering for Tesla two weeks ago just for that reason. *sigh*
Old 2008-11-22, 08:24   Link #1994
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:

LOL! Don't cry! Somebody's getting a little defensive or threatened. It's just a fan article so don't get all paranoid, but a quite beautiful one at that. And are you going to say the "Orihime being the lead character" is a lie too, when Kubo specifically said it to Orihime's VA??
Old 2008-11-22, 10:46   Link #1995
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
LOL! Don't cry! Somebody's getting a little defensive or threatened. It's just a fan article so don't get all paranoid, but a quite beautiful one at that. And are you going to say the "Orihime being the lead character" is a lie too, when Kubo specifically said it to Orihime's VA??
And are you going to deny Rukia being the lead character after MILLION of Shounen covers with her along with other girls. Orihime had a single one and people went all like OMG HEROINEEE and then SJ decided to make them shut up by showing covers with RUKIA.
your biasness has no end. Seriously, I don't blame HT for anything, he just posted it for IchiOri fans BUT Orihime=heroine is more idiotic than Kenpachi=damsel in distress.
Orihime-lead character is A LIE. LIE LIE LIE.(three is my one of my favourite numbers )
Old 2008-11-22, 11:14   Link #1996
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
quite beautiful one at that. And are you going to say the "Orihime being the lead character" is a lie too, when Kubo specifically said it to Orihime's VA??
I will. That's a lie! Ichigo is the lead character. Rukia is the main female lead.
Orhime is the lead supporting female.

But that's neither here nor there. We all know it's fake. Let it go...

Let's get back to the original purpose of the thread.

@ dim sum who counted Kurosaki-kuns.

To be fair...Orhime did not say it that many times in the manga. As soon as she shouted the first two. Nnoi shoved his fingers her mouth. ...
(Down with censorship nao!)

There was no litany of Kurosaki-kuns in an internal monologue either.
Some genius (and I use the term loosely) decided to put that there. I can only assume he either wanted people to hate her for it. Or he really believed that it was great drama.

There was a time I used to wonder how many times Rukia said Ichigo an episode. Only thing is it doesn't get on my nerves when she says it. That could be because I hate one and not the other.

I think the Kurosaki Kuns get on your nerves, because you don't like her. I am sure it doesn't bother her fans. It's not really a reason to hate a character. (In my opinion that is) I think if you hate her already it just adds to it, so hearing it drives you up a wall.

Hate her because she's to emotionally dependant on others (Ichigo). Majority of Anime and Mangas have the characters calling out the others name for no apparent reason at all. Don't get me wrong, it does annoy me to no end. I just realize in my case. It does because I hate her already!
Old 2008-11-22, 14:01   Link #1997
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
And are you going to deny Rukia being the lead character after MILLION of Shounen covers with her along with other girls. Orihime had a single one and people went all like OMG HEROINEEE and then SJ decided to make them shut up by showing covers with RUKIA.
your biasness has no end. Seriously, I don't blame HT for anything, he just posted it for IchiOri fans BUT Orihime=heroine is more idiotic than Kenpachi=damsel in distress.
Orihime-lead character is A LIE. LIE LIE LIE.(three is my one of my favourite numbers )
It's rather easy to put Rukia in the spotlight, Bleach is about fighting and Rukia is to some point able to deliver a good fight(with saying Kaien-dono more often than Orihime saying K-kun, but ok I can also withstand a thousand Aizen-taicho out of Hinamori's cute mouth). A idk 12yo(?) boy has no idea about a woman's feelings, so it's easier to cheer for that small girl with the fancy ice sword that acts tough all the time rather than listening to Orihime's thoughts about being insecure and a hassle to others because of her weak offensive powers, or about hating herself for feelings of jealousy arousing etc..

Fact is: the overall Bleach audience doesn't give a fu** about Bleach's girly side which is represented by Orihime, not Rukia(way too tough for that role imo), that's why I like her. While everybody else is like "omg must get stronger, give me teh powars!!!" she is the sensitive, emotional, empathetic and soft side of Bleach. Who else could start crying and beg Ichigo to stop so he doesn't get hurt anymore and therefore mark the turning point at the Ichi-Grim fight? Orihime has no problem at all with showing her vulnerable side where others play cool and cover their anxiety(Renji after Ichigo's beatdown in Karakura is a good example, he didn't know how to face Ichigo and put up an act, and then in Hueco Mundo he acted though when he wanted to join Zaraki/Noi). That's what makes her unique and outstanding compared to the rest of Bleach's cast.

So yes, Orihime is the lead heroine of emotionalism and sensibility and to put her on SJ Cover is a special dedication to our minority. Of course the overall Heroine has to be Rukia with her 2nd place in the latest popularity poll and "her" movie, but hey, Orihime placed 8th(before 5th, 12th and 10th, which is not bad for a character so different compared to the rest) and judging by the polls alone Hitsuguaya is the main leading hero by now

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2008-11-22 at 23:22.
Old 2008-11-22, 14:36   Link #1998
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Fact is: the overall Bleach audience doesn't give a fu** about Bleach's girly side which is represented by Orihime, not Rukia(way too tough for that role imo), that's why I like her. While everybody else is like "omg must get stronger, give me teh powars!!!" she is the sensitive, emotional, empathetic and soft side of Bleach. Who else could start crying and beg Ichigo to stop so he doesn't get hurt anymore and therefore mark the turning point at the Ichi-Grim fight? Orihime has no problem at all with showing her vulnerable side where others play cool and cover their anxiety(Renji after Ichigo's beatdown in Karakura is a good example, he didn't know how to face Ichigo and put up an act, and then in Hueco Mundo he acted though when he wanted to join Zaraki/Noi). That's what makes her unique and outstanding compared to the rest of Bleach's cast.
You got that right.

I think the majority of those who dislike Orihime's character do so because Kubo has taken her role as the emotional and empathetic character of Bleach and beat us over the head to death with it.

There is a right way and a wrong way to portray the type of character traits he wants her to have. Kubo chose the wrong way. Whatever substance and depth he gave her character leading up to Good Bye Halcyon Days he has since stripped away. It's not enough to just show her crying all the time and repeating Ichigo's name over and over again.

As readers/viewers we SHOULD expect more from her character, but I think a lot of people who are Orihime fans brush those defects in how her character has been written till now off to the side because she's the sweet "nice girl" and doesn't she just look beautiful when she's crying? Hmm, it seems good art can solve any number of character flaws...

What Kubo's done is taken a character who has the potential to truly add to the depth of story and made her annoying (KUROSAKI-KUN! KUROSAKI-KUN! KUROSAKI...KUN!), completely useless and borderline pathetic. As her character stands now, she's completely one-dimensional. Kubo has not used her the way he should have and I think that's a major writing flaw on his part. Basically every aspect of her character that made her original and unique as the start of the series (her odd personality quirks, her cuteness, her cheerful disposition) have been slowly stripped away so we're left with nothing more to her than your generic moe female character in a shonen series.

It's really a shame. I don't know why you Orihime fans aren't up in arms over this. I know I would be if Nel suddenly became a generic moe...
Old 2008-11-22, 15:23   Link #1999
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
easy easy, we Orihime fans got a lot of hope, you know? Then the Bleach setting itself is a hostile environment to her character, fanboy excuses huh? I put all my hopes into Ichigo-vs-Ulqiorra Kubo even sent Stark to get this perfectly set up and do whatever he has in mind. I have no idea what will happen in the tower, I'm even in for UlqixHime action although I wouldn't bet even one cent on it(Amirali once beautifully wrote down why this shouldn't happen, but ok).

Then the story itself cripples the character development just like it did with Rukia when she has been imprisoned and Kubo sent her into emo-mode with all her "ah no problem, I deserve to die anyways..". But that was twice as hard to endure because of Rukia's usually strong willed character.

Btw, as hc Nell fan I would be seriously pissed off with her turning into a kid again(Geta named it the worst moment in 2008 or something?), but I assume your hopes are as strong as mine
Old 2008-11-22, 16:01   Link #2000
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
You make the rest of the cast sound like mindless fighting zombies...which Rukia isn't

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Closed Thread