Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-28, 23:34   Link #1301
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

GarageBand is Cool, but I prefer using Pro Tools. I use Pro Tools 9, and its beastly!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Tools
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 04:25   Link #1302
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Well, I guess the line-up is pretty much decided, except for vocal duties.

Okuda will most likely be the one in charge of songwriting and composition, which will probably make her more valuable than she takes herself to be.

I think Sumire is pushing herself too far to try and please Mugi – even though she has probably done more than she think she has so far, she just doesn't realize it.

And I think the chances of Ui becoming the main vocalist have increased exponentially. If she doesn't get the job, I'll be seriously amazed.
Old 2011-07-31, 06:58   Link #1303
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I found it interesting that Ui didn't buy the same kind of guitar as Yui, the Gibson Les Paul. Perhaps they are too expensive, or she wanted to try a different kind?
Can anyone hazard a guess as to what guitar Ui is going to be using?
(Heh. It seems the height difference between Azusa and the other characters is becoming increasingly clear...)
Old 2011-07-31, 07:37   Link #1304
speck123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I found it interesting that Ui didn't buy the same kind of guitar as Yui, the Gibson Les Paul. Perhaps they are too expensive, or she wanted to try a different kind?
Can anyone hazard a guess as to what guitar Ui is going to be using?
Fender Stratocaster, from the looks of it.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 08:19   Link #1305
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Well I don't know what Ui's reasoning was, but I guess Kakifly doesn't want the characters playing identical instruments. Their instruments are part of their identities, in a way.
Old 2011-07-31, 08:52   Link #1306
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Okuda will most likely be the one in charge of songwriting and composition, which will probably make her more valuable than she takes herself to be.
It'll be interesting if she starts creating collaboration with other music clubs like the chamber orchestra clubs to get some classical string instruments into the mix like the violin to give the band a wider range in music expression. After all that is what music producers are suppose to do.

I also can see the summer training session where the original members, Akira's band and the high school band joins together to go stay at the biggest summer house Mugi had been mentioning.

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2011-07-31 at 09:09.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 09:29   Link #1307
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Well I don't know what Ui's reasoning was, but I guess Kakifly doesn't want the characters playing identical instruments. Their instruments are part of their identities, in a way.
Still, if Ui tries to mimic her sister in every possible way, I would have expected her to buy a Gibson as well, especially since she was seen admiring the same guitar Yui has when they visited the music shop in the last chapter (chapter 58, that is).
Old 2011-07-31, 09:57   Link #1308
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Still, if Ui tries to mimic her sister in every possible way, I would have expected her to buy a Gibson as well, especially since she was seen admiring the same guitar Yui has when they visited the music shop in the last chapter (chapter 58, that is).
I don't think Ui ever really tries to mimic her sister no matter how much she loves her(if there ever was a time I'm just forgetting it but then I doubt it was of real importance)
Ui has as we've seen has pretty much done her own thing, she only joined the club after Yui left and that was mainly cause of Azunyan.

Ui choosing a different guitar based on whats practical and right for her unlike going with something thats just cute

sumire still my favorite lass outta the club and wow she kinda towers over Azunyan...but then that ain't very hard to do, "so tiny and cute" indeed.
Old 2011-07-31, 10:36   Link #1309
phoenixnumber1

Did not expect this! When I saw Sawako giving her the laptop I felt a sense of foreboding though... I hope it doesn't affect their music genre, electronic HTT is something I could not love easily...But composition, arrangement and lyrics are welcomed, they always did skate over how they made up tunes and parts. I worry it might distance her from the band though, as she won't necessarily perform with them and so may miss that sense of being one instrument that Yui highlighted in original K-ON.

As for borrowing different instruments like strings, I am wary as it could take them further from developing a definitive keionbu unique sound, and I was hoping for a more tight-knit arrangement and sound which could separate them from HTT, e.g. more rock/ jazz influence.

Otherwise I'm glad Ui picked up guitar as I think it would have been a waste of talent...But it'll be interesting to see (in the anime) how her sound and role will differ to Yui's, who was very much rhythm with a rounded, friendly, meaty sound, but if she indeed has a Strat or anything other than a Les Paul then her sound, especially soloing, will be different.
phoenixnumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 10:44   Link #1310
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Somehow Nao-chan's role made me think that it would be the same for Nodoka if she were to join the keionbu maybe that's the impression I've got after seeing her role and the glasses.

Things are getting interesting for sure.

But I wonder... how will Nao-chan be if the band's going to perform? is there a way a producer could also stand on the stage (since I don't know anything about that). It would be bad if she's the only one not on the stage.... unless if she's also the vocalist.

And lol @ 'tiny and cute' senpai I guess she's "Azu-nyan" for sure XD
Also wondering what kind of stress that Sumire went through all this time... is she referring to Mugi's ojou-sama trait? although I agree with Lord of Fire's statement.
Old 2011-07-31, 10:53   Link #1311
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Ui should have played the acoustic guitar! I can totally see her playing that.
Old 2011-07-31, 11:42   Link #1312
Misago

wouldn't be surprised if Okuda ends up being the singer, she writes a song on the laptop but has to show them how to sing it and who'd a thunk it surprise surprise what a voice etc etc
(well, that's one possibility anyway!)
Misago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 12:29   Link #1313
Blossom550

for some reason now Azusa,Ui,Jun, & Sumire kinda remind me of SCANDAL because there's 2 guitarist 1 bassist & 1 drummer
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 12:35   Link #1314
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

hmm... Ui's guitar's name... Stratocaster... Stratocasser.... CASSY !!!

Strats are more affordable than Gibson LPs as well. MUCH CHEAPER !!
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 13:24   Link #1315
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

After reading Vol 5. Chapter 8, (based off my experience with Pro-tools) the program that Okuda is using looks like Pro-Tools a Midi software! Bikerider, Cassy would be a wonderful name for a Stratocaster! Maybe even Casey? If there so indecisive, why not sing in harmony?
Old 2011-08-01, 04:34   Link #1316
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

uwooohh.. a producer?? can't expect this

so they are going to be full-rock band??? without keyboard then their music range will be focused on rock!! hell yeah! (I really hope to hear the songs... hahaha)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 08:59   Link #1317
Pachael
原作通り

Ui's more sensible than her sister so hopefully she's picked up something light.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 15:57   Link #1318
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Ui's more sensible than her sister so hopefully she's picked up something light.
Fender Stratocasters do weigh less than Gibson Les Pauls for instance, so that would make perfect sense.

The way things are looking now, I can definitely see Ui and Nao being the main writers and composers for the band's music
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 08:20   Link #1319
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmmm.... I can only say...

Sumire!!!!!!!!!!!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 00:17   Link #1320
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Spoiler for University Chapter 5:
       /