AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 15:26   Link #321
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
When watching the first episode, Mahiro always use a fork whenever Nyaruko do something indecent (like kissing), it became a running gag for the whole series. I can understand it's a boy who loves hitting the girl he loves, but why he always use that fork ?
what else do you use against squiggly tentacles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
There, corrected for completeness
it is not a crime if no one fines out
Old 2012-04-13, 16:39   Link #322
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
When watching the first episode, Mahiro always use a fork whenever Nyaruko do something indecent (like kissing), it became a running gag for the whole series. I can understand it's a boy who loves hitting the girl he loves, but why he always use that fork ?
You're saying that he's in love with her?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:41   Link #323
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Because it's a running gag.

Quote:
He will be.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:40   Link #324
Morisato

Nyaruko has some pretty good English pronunciation.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:47   Link #325
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Who wouldn't.....
Old 2012-04-13, 21:32   Link #326
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
I take it as a little shoutout to how some beings in the Cthulhu Mythos are weak against certain mundane objects.

Also very amusing to watch newbies playing the P&P RPG deck themselves out with firepower.
Old 2012-04-13, 21:33   Link #327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm a Lovecraft fan, an avid "call of cthulhu" roleplayer, and I've played Demonbane, etc.

I'm kind of obligated to be here - browsing the pages looks promisingly funny, off to watch.
Old 2012-04-13, 21:59   Link #328
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I take it as a little shoutout to how some beings in the Cthulhu Mythos are weak against certain mundane objects.
Heck, one of Nyarlathothep's incarnations (the Haunter in the Dark, if I remember right) can be destroyed by bright light. Forks wouldn't be out of the question.
Old 2012-04-13, 22:18   Link #329
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
About the speculations on the gender of Hasuta (Hastur): Look at the school uniform. It's rare for a school to allow cross-dressing unless you happen to be Yukimura from Haganai (gender confusion) or Yui from TWGOK (have the backing of a prestigious family AND the school being a private school).
Or Chii-chan from Hourou Musuko (Nitorin they didn't accept quite so easily)...
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 23:41   Link #330
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Tell that to Saber.
Or any of the Saint Kings from the Nanoha series.
Old 2012-04-14, 01:15   Link #331
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Contrary to my stated principles, I liked it because it raises the seriousness of things. She's not just some hyperactive schoolgirl. She's either a powerful alien or an ancient deity. Stronger measures than a punch are required to still her. I mean, maybe she could melt the fork with a glance, if she felt like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankaku Complex website
The popularity of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san has apparently triggered a Cthulhu Mythos boom amongst otaku, with sales of Japanese editions of Lovecraft's works soaring the instant the anime aired....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 01:38   Link #332
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The longer you are in contact with the *Other* the more sanity points you lose. The fork is his talisman... futile, maybe it rings when he taps it
Old 2012-04-14, 01:44   Link #333
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankaku Complex
The popularity of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san has apparently triggered a Cthulhu Mythos boom amongst otaku, with sales of Japanese editions of Lovecraft's works soaring the instant the anime aired....
LOL the sale chart of the books
Spoiler for size:

though i'm sure many of those otaku will be disappointed when they found out that the book it is about Eldritch Abomination Gods instead of Moe Hyperactive Nyarlathotep and other Outer Gods
Old 2012-04-14, 01:53   Link #334
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lovecraft had a particular style of writing.... so I'm curious as to how it translates.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:01   Link #335
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who wouldn't.....
Uh? Me?

She's cute and all. But attractive? I think not. She could probably do a spread-eagle in front of the main boy - but - he'd be running away from it, where in that case, I don't blame him. After all, he's already staying away from her kisses. She's way too much of a spazz for that kind of stuff or to be taken seriously.

But don't get me wrong here. I don't hate her; simply, I find her antics amusing.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:46   Link #336
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A slight difference here: The English word King tend to have a specific male gender.
In those non-English languages above, there are distinct words for male and female, like in Latin, Rex for male, Regina for female; in Greek, Basileus for male, Basilissa for female; in German, Kaiser for male, Kaiserin for female v.v.... But those "queens", "emrpesses" use the male title for themself, there are many reasons and one of them to make them to differ from queen consort who are just wife of reigning king.

Even more, this series is a Japanese animation, "king" will become a non-gender title for some purposes .
Old 2012-04-14, 05:23   Link #337
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Talisman? How about an Inception top?
Old 2012-04-14, 12:03   Link #338
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Lovecraft had a particular style of writing.... so I'm curious as to how it translates.
It will be tedious at any rate....the guy uses pretty dull language and it's only his subject matter and themes that keep people reading...
Old 2012-04-14, 12:33   Link #339
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It will be tedious at any rate....the guy uses pretty dull language and it's only his subject matter and themes that keep people reading...
I don't know about ... dull ... (unless you also think H.G. Wells, Burroughs, and Jules Verne were dull writers -- which means you just don't like the writing style of pulp fiction from the 19th and early 20th century?) but he was trying to describe the indescribable from the point of view of people slowing going insane.

The Haruhi series (original language) has some moments like that... but I'm just interested in looking some of the japanese language versions now and seeing what they're like.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:11   Link #340
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't know about ... dull ... (unless you also think H.G. Wells, Burroughs, and Jules Verne were dull writers -- which means you just don't like the writing style of pulp fiction from the 19th and early 20th century?) but he was trying to describe the indescribable from the point of view of people slowing going insane....
I think there's a big difference between the prose of Lovecraft and of Wells or Burroughs. He really doesn't have much sense either of the rhythm of prose or of the appropriate level of detail in an exposition. He overdoes almost everything, and packs too many adjectives together in his long, wandering sentences. He's simply hard to read. His prose is more like a second-rate version of the 19th century Henry James than it is like a 20th century Burroughs. There's a reason he was so much less popular than Wells or Burroughs in his own time. But you make a good point about him trying to describe the indescribable. That's what's great about him.

On the other hand, the long complex sentences might sound normal in Japanese, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, loli, parody, romance, seinen, shounen, trap