AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-08, 09:50   Link #61
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
When I first read through the manga I had no idea that Irene was still alive. I was convinced she had been slaughtered along with Sophia and Noella. It was so incredible to see Ophelia get so royally owned after seeing the power gap between her and Clare. Then I had the strangest desire to poke Irene's nose and say "beep". And pull one of her ears for some reason.

I went nuts when Miria said, "We are already awakened."
For some reason I wanted to pull one of her ears too, but now that I think about it mabye Irene's ears are like that from being pulled too much. Lol
Old 2008-03-10, 15:14   Link #62
koffy
beggar

Spoiler for Chapter 78:
Old 2008-04-13, 22:11   Link #63
zer0suit

Galatea, Jean, and Clare fighting Duff
Old 2008-04-14, 02:22   Link #64
Docile Yoma
attach leash here

so many memorable scenes, though the only one I can distinctly think of right now since a few of you mentioned the teresa vs bandits chapter is
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-14, 10:33   Link #65
hell88
Banned

That was a good scene, it was a good way to end that episode.

Another one of my favourite scenes would be when Clare and Miria killed that six armed awakened being.
Old 2008-04-15, 19:53   Link #66
ClaFanN1
Banned

My favourite scene in claymore is when Clare fully awakens and the simple aura of the transformation destroys the whole surrounding mountains.

This scene is from Claymore Season 2, to be released in 2010...
Sorry i just took doraemon's time machine...
Old 2008-04-16, 11:50   Link #67
Viperx

the Introduction of Ophelia and the "game" she plays with Clair, one of my favourite characters, so evil its fun to watch.
Old 2008-04-16, 22:50   Link #68
TheSilver-EyedKiller

hi!!! my favorite scenes are the dead of jeane and when deneve took the undine´s sword to fight for revenge.......
Old 2008-04-18, 13:54   Link #69
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Any scene with Helen's jaw scraping the ground as Clare does something outrageous again...Come on someone tell her about that arm...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-04-18, 14:40   Link #70
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

The surprise of when Miria realized they had been sent to hunt a male AB when up until that point we had only heard of female warriors. It made my brain do a 180 thinking of the implications like that there must have been male warriors at some point in the distant past.
Old 2008-04-22, 23:31   Link #71
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

when I first saw ritful I wanted to hug her.

and when in Vol. one when clare kills her friend

and in chapter 78
Spoiler for fgsdfgfgh:
Old 2008-04-23, 17:00   Link #72
hell88
Banned

I was thinking about all my favourite scenes then I watched a clip of the end of episode 26 when Teresa's ghost is standing where Jean's sword is. I actually got kind of mad at that, because its Jean's sword, why the hell is Teresa thier, it should be Jean. They should of had Teresa standing somewhere else. I'm sure there are other Jean fans that would agree.
Old 2008-04-23, 23:29   Link #73
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I'm sure there are other Jean fans that would agree.
Why do people like Jean so much? I really don't understand it.
- She's manly.
- She's not too strong.
- She has a terrible haircut.
- She looks disgusting with her arm drilled and dedrilled.
- She was Clares pet.
- She died not too many chapters after she was introduced.
- Her AB form looks more like a toy than an AB.
Old 2008-04-24, 02:32   Link #74
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Jean is Cool :D

Jean also spends most of her time without clothing. No one else does that but the recent appearance of Agatha. Jean has one of the most powerful attacks, cares for her friends and subordinates, is loyal, trustworthy, honorable, grateful, willing to sacrifice herself for the good of others and so on. She does not give into the claymore number based elitism. While she did want revenge against Duff for torturing her subordinates she never went berserk. Jean keeps a cool head no matter what. Jean has rock solid will power and morales of steel. She saves Clare by sacrificing herself keeping a promise she made and she dies with a smile on her face. Jean's first thought after being attacked by Rigald was not how to save herself but the need to protect the other leaders for the survival of the others.

Jean does not seem to be skilled at youki reading or necessarily a great leader but she gives it her all and leads from the front. She is the weakest single digit (until her partial awakening possibly). She must know she is weaker than Clare. Her life debt is not to someone weaker than her. Clare risked a lot to save her and not just once. Jean is quiet but honest.

Jean, like every other claymore, probably had a very difficult past. Yet unlike Ophelia she clung to her human side to the point that Galatea knew she would die before awakening. Jean was able to stare Riful in the face while being tortured as legitimate arguments were made about them being the same type of monster without her resolve ever fading. Even as she passed her limit and her body transformed uncontrollably she held on to her human heart enough to keep her limbs from breaking her restraints. Even with a completely awakened body Jean was happy that Clare would end her life as a 'human'. She cried and begged Clare to end it quickly as she could not hold it any longer. I think Jean is up there with Clare tending Teresa and blind-Rabona Galatea for noble Claymores in the series except Jean was that way the whole time we saw her.

But I agree that Jean has a terrible hair cut. I really do not like her hair cut. It makes me forget that she is a hot chick like every other claymore. She does not have eye brows either.
Old 2008-04-24, 07:14   Link #75
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Thanks chibamonster
As for regarding Jean's AB form, IMO, it's the most unique one. Indeed, it was one my favorite scenes where her awakened form was revealed.

I thought her haircut was very befitting for her char.
Old 2008-04-24, 08:42   Link #76
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

I loved the whole "you cut my hair" exchange just because it was so fitting for them and emphasized how owned Agatha was.
Old 2008-04-24, 09:51   Link #77
Ryuken
Claymore #01

For me it would be the one where little Clair reaches out to Teresa. This scene is so intense that it makes Teresa cry. And who would have thought that someone could make the mighty Teresa cry.

Don't you agree guys?
Old 2008-04-24, 12:37   Link #78
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Also one of my favorite scenes (only in the anime, not in the manga) was when Theresa was killed. I was pissed and stuff but this scene was so surprising and the sound kinda... superb.
kill me kill me (sad slow music) I will kill you it's the last thing I can do for you bla bla (still sad slow music) WUSH (music stops) kling kling of Theresas sword and then her head falling, everything going really fast and unexpected after this point. IMO it's a cinematic masterstroke (maybe the onliest one in the whole series) that's why I watched this scene about 20 times

I'm really happy now that the Theresa worshippers don't know where I live
Old 2008-04-25, 00:25   Link #79
yvcso
Watashi wa Saya~

Send a message via MSN to yvcso
I liked all the parts with Ophelia, she's just great.
I also like all the parts with Galatea, my favorite character, 'cause she's one of the best claymores.
Spoiler for Last chapter:

Spoiler for Extra (3):

Last edited by yvcso; 2008-04-26 at 00:36.
Old 2008-04-29, 07:15   Link #80
racjona

you named almost every scene and most of them are my fav (in anime and manga); but it's obvious - Claymore is full of breath-taking scenes (I think).

I like very much that one in Pieta, when those 3 AB atacked the city. Flora's team fought that "turtle" and the moment he controled all members of the team - situation was very bad and ... Clare uses Quicksword (BANG!!!) - that was amasing

And Flora's face -> priceless

("...in my team no. 39 i 47 are useless" lol )
Closed Thread