AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 12:15   Link #1081
tsunade666

but most likely next in line after gremlin is the greek myth. Though after greek myth I want to see more mini cabal that has high fire power like the one whose run by Levinia.
Old 2013-02-13, 15:17   Link #1082
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder how Old Ones could be woven in.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:00   Link #1083
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah but those guys aren't really commonly used bad guys... unless they're evil Mayan drug cartels !
What about India? There is enough to work on them.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 17:41   Link #1084
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What about India? There is enough to work on them.
We already had the Indian baby that Index and Touma looked after.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 21:56   Link #1085
judasmartel
*Author

Dudes, you forgot one thing. Vampires.

With their ridiculously long, if not immortal, lives (Mana in the ToAruVerse is derived from the caster's life force), Vampires are basically the demigods of the ToAruVerse.

One known character is the ideal counter to these guys, and yet no vampires have been shown so far. Suppose there's one vampire character who eventually joins the Kamijou Faction and has the hots for this certain Deep Blood girl, he should somehow resist the struggle of drinking his blood lest he dies in a horrible way.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:00   Link #1086
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
One known character is the ideal counter to these guys, and yet no vampires have been shown so far. Suppose there's one vampire character who eventually joins the Kamijou Faction and has the hots for this certain Deep Blood girl, he should somehow resist the struggle of drinking his blood lest he dies in a horrible way.

Dude that better be a satire or something, because a vampire falling in love and resisting the urge to drink blood is about as primordial as it gets
Old 2013-02-13, 22:51   Link #1087
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Dudes, you forgot one thing. Vampires.

With their ridiculously long, if not immortal, lives (Mana in the ToAruVerse is derived from the caster's life force), Vampires are basically the demigods of the ToAruVerse.

But if vampires show up Himegami would have to take center stage and we know that's never going to happen
Old 2013-02-17, 16:23   Link #1088
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
But if vampires show up Himegami would have to take center stage and we know that's never going to happen
lol sometimes i feel bad for forgetting her names at times.
"Hey who was that girl that everybody always forgets (me included)...Hmm nope cant remember a thing."
Heck the Deep Blood Arc didnt even give her a big role as it did
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:03   Link #1089
judasmartel
*Author

I was just thinking, "What would magic based on the Islamic myth look like?"

There's the Black Stone of Kaaba which absorbs negative energy, but for what reason?
Old 2013-02-25, 00:42   Link #1090
whitecloud

Vampire would be interesting...true ancestor...and maybe some apostle ...oops that's type moon..
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 07:21   Link #1091
HonGFirE

Quote:
I was just thinking, "What would magic based on the Islamic myth look like?"

There's the Black Stone of Kaaba which absorbs negative energy, but for what reason?
Usually I only lurking reading this forum, but your question intriguing me.

That stone called hajar asward, a stone from heaven that actually have white color. It turn black to represent accumulated sin mankind do in this world. Other say it arborb sin of person who touch it. Actually, we do something special to it because prophet do it too. If not, it only another stone

In islam there are many type of supernatural power:
1st is mu'jizat or miracle. God give it Only to prophet or rasul. It's same as Jesus miracle
2nd is karoma, or blessing. God give it to devout people or saint.
3rd is syihir or sorcery, it come from devil. People sacrifice their faith and chance to go to heaven for worldly power
4th is khadam, it come from djinn. There many way to get it.
Quote:
>Some people get respect from djinn that that djinn will help you if you ask or even swore loyalty for you.
>The other try to establish communication with them and then work together.
>You get weapon/artifact that have djinn in them. It make those thing have magic in it. If you can take care those artifact, you can have it's power
>The last & the worst, you sacrifice something to make deal with djinn
5th is talent or gift. People can have supernatural power since they still embryo
Maybe there's other type, but i don't know

There's many tale/myth about people with supernatural power.
One of syi'ah islam myth tell that blow from ali bin abi thalib sword's "zulfikar" will cut gaping hole in earth if not because arch angel jibril/gabriel hold his hand Or tale about a muslim commander pray make his cavalry able to run through water. Not swimming, run.

Generally, supernatural work considered great sin that must be avoided. When someone do sorcery, you certainly will burned it the 7th hell for ever (in 6th hell, you still able to come to heaven after do your verdict). Especially in arabia, Even number 2 or 5 considered impossible and they will think as sorcery. Even if it stated in islamic tale. Actually, Islam more inclined to science than magic. Science law is just another god law and we encouraged to learn about it. I won't surprised that islamic world is AC allies. But considered our condition now, not the significant one

Last edited by HonGFirE; 2013-02-25 at 07:43.
HonGFirE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 22:06   Link #1092
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Okay then, as prescribed by Chaos2Frozen, I would like to ask what the appropriate level for the ability to warp space is. Given:

Quote:
At this point, it's not something that one can quantify in extent. The limitation is that it requires his hands to act as the anchor of how to twist the desired space.

The best way I can put it would be in a 3 dimensional graph, he can grab hold of a certain coordinate and drag it elsewhere. But reality would still register that coordinate as itself. At the same time, the specific coordinate also registers its own space as having been modified via expansion, contraction or abnormally changed in shape.

This is the power in its rawest form without any refinement at all.

If there would be any value involved, it would be all space within a 10cm spherical radius is drug along with the point.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 22:21   Link #1093
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonGFirE View Post
-snip-
I guess Genies would do it. And if you say that Muslims are more interested in science than in magic in general, then I also won't be surprised if Muslims in the ToAruVerse are allies of Academy City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Okay then, as prescribed by Chaos2Frozen, I would like to ask what the appropriate level for the ability to warp space is.
I guess Level 3 at the minimum, Level 4 at the average. Heck, it is even possible that the 6th Level 5 has this power.
Old 2013-02-25, 22:31   Link #1094
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What about when it pushes to adept status? Wormholing, Hammerspace, spatial bypasses all become skills that are worth using?
Old 2013-02-28, 04:56   Link #1095
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If two Esper psyches exist within one esper's body. Whose ability will remain?
Old 2013-02-28, 05:25   Link #1096
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If two Esper psyches exist within one esper's body. Whose ability will remain?
Whoever the original host is.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:22   Link #1097
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would the ability to see what shouldn't be seen such as thoughts, past, future, memories, IM fields, magicks, and even beings of higher planes of existence, etc. be considered a relevant ability to the to aru verse? Especially if this form of vision can do all this at once?
Old 2013-03-15, 15:45   Link #1098
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Well we just recently found out that some espers can see the future, and there are espers that can read minds (The Queen being the big one). Also it is possible for magicians to decect each others magic and seeing angels is possible for everyone.

I don't know if there's anyone who can do all at once but I bet some magician somewhere could pull it off.
Old 2013-03-15, 17:59   Link #1099
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So it wouldn't be considered as a unique ability?
Old 2013-03-15, 18:06   Link #1100
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If they're all rolled up into one then maybe, but one their own? Thoughts, past, future, memories are common, though to what extent is still unknown.

AIM fields can be detected by machines, there are also some Esper abilities that manipulate AIM.

It's seems pretty standard for most capable magicians to be able to detect magic fields, Index in particular can use her knowledge to read other flows like AIM fields.

Everybody can see Angels if they're on the same dimension.

Tags
hard science