AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-04-10, 10:00   Link #6701
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Just from curiosity, where are people getting this? I imagine it's a blog post, but which one?
Hata has a blog of his own, which he updates every Wednesday. It contains short reviews of that week's chapter and he sometimes drops hints about what's going to happen. Also, he sometimes updates HnG web comics.

the link: http://websunday.net/backstage/hata/

And If I summarize what happened in this week's chaper briefly...

Spoiler for The story starts at June 12th...:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:11   Link #6702
zibi88

I wonder if Athena will buy nagis old mansion ^^ anyway now hayate will have to live with next burden..... not "royal garden/athena issue" but now it was his fault that nagi lost all her money....

hmmm I wonder if nagi will have to leave hakou for a normal school... so she and Ayumu+hayate would have to go into public school since hakou would be too expensive XD (the same hina, isumi ect will lose sight of hayate too)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:30   Link #6703
madmac

They may have paid Hakou in advance for their schooling, so it's possible they'll at least finish our the current semester there.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 10:39   Link #6704
GDB

Luka/Ruka looks a lot like Hayate. And she seems to be Nagi's rival... by the abridged rules of shipping, that means they love each other!

But seriously, despite having a lot of "Pocket Money", 20 million yen isn't much to buy a house with. Especially not an apartment building or whatever her plans are.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 13:35   Link #6705
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Again, thanks to Used Can and primuler for the spoilers

So, despite the slight () blunder in details, I still managed to deduce that the girl in c.266 was the new character. Granted, it wasn't that hard to figure out though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Luka/Ruka looks a lot like Hayate
That was what I thought of first, but after comparing the two, she only shares the same hair colour as he does. everything else is different, from the hair style to the facile expressions.

Bland colour aside from the new character, but always nice to Chiharu
Old 2010-04-10, 13:41   Link #6706
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
she's not going to work hard. Maria asks what is she going to do then. Nagi says that she's going to make a system that will enable her to earn money even if she eats and plays.
sounds like one of my client who is a day trader.
Old 2010-04-10, 13:50   Link #6707
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That was what I thought of first, but after comparing the two, she only shares the same hair colour as he does. everything else is different, from the hair style to the facile expressions.
But hair color is all that matters in manga!!

In all seriousness, Nagi is starting to sound more and more like Sachi from Sharin no Kuni.
Old 2010-04-10, 14:09   Link #6708
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In all seriousness, Nagi is starting to sound more and more like Sachi from Sharin no Kuni.
For the sake of those who have no idea who that is (such as myself), please elaborate.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 14:19   Link #6709
GDB

Basic backstory: she got into a huge debt from being irresponsible with money, and was forced into having 12 hour days (medicine literally "stopped" her body for the other 12, so it didn't even charge her body like sleeping would) until she learned the value of money and hard work.

Instead, she just said screw it all and played the stock market predicting booms to get by. The rest of the time she just screwed around or slept.
Old 2010-04-10, 17:48   Link #6710
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Except that Sachi has a nice rack, while Nagi is still flat as a board, though she's cuter, but that's subjective...

Anyway, the new character looks a bit malicious at first glance, but the band aids on her fingers may tell a different story. Perhaps she's really hard working.. well, I guess we'll see how everything develops. I wonder though, will the story concentrate mostly on Nagi, and her problems, or will the other girls play their roles as well? It could become boring if we get to see only Nagi every week...

And I guess that all of the serious developments came to a halt for the moment... hmph... that's no fun, but okay.. whatever...

The first picture in the chapter if from a month later, huh? Looks like Nagi lost at something. Perhaps a bet..?

Prim, you said that the story starts on June 12th? Is that from the first pic, or from the "one month ago"?

I guess that applies only for the first picture. And if it's a month ago, then that means that we'll see Ayumu's birthday event soon. Her birthday is on May 15th.

Hmm...

Well, I doubt that anything significant will even happen on it.. tsk tsk... no such luck...

And judging by Nagi's serious expression (heck, she even ran... O_O), whatever is at stake has probably something to do with...

a) A secret bet between her and the new girl (perhaps even about Hayate)
b) Her losing at a contest perhaps? She has a lot of pride, so losing in a direct manga-related duel would be quite harsh. Especially if it's her arch-rival....

Hmhmm...

Hopefully it has something to do with a), and losing Hayate to her in a bet, or something similar. That would be interesting... ah... others suffering is such bliss... even if they're but fictional characters... oh well....

Anyway, leo said that she could be Athena in disguise (lol, she's wearing a wig, etc..), or even the child of Hayate & Athena from the future (for whatever crazy reason), or some even speculate that she's related to Fumi in some way.

Heh...

I'd like to know her personality. I'm not too much of a fan of a blue hair / red eyes combo. It looks rather....

..... Eh.. I dunno...

Doesn't fit. Looks like a demon... ^___^

Perhaps she's from hell? She came especially to torture Nagi.. hahahaha!!

Or maybe Mikado hired her? Perhaps she's related to Midas? What if she also has one of the gems? Or... maybe she's of the Sanzen'in bloodline as well? Maybe not a direct descendant.. there could be some playboy... hahaha...

Kay, I'm done writing my blog... hahahahahhahahaha... kidding.. kidding... ^____^;;
Old 2010-04-10, 18:11   Link #6711
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
I posted a somewhat strange theory about how this could relate to the current inheritance issue over on MF.
Will state it here as well.

Quote:
I've got a rather 'out there' theory.
What if Mikado tells them (through Klaus?) that if Nagi can make a certain amount of money by some date, she remains the inheritor (and some new right to claim it from her is taken up). If Nagi can earn/produce x amount of yen, she can stay, if not she has to leave. Hayate and Maria are not allowed to help.

They gather up all the money they can, and find that it's not enough, so Nagi states that she'll make up the difference with her manga skills (shocking Klaus?). Everything's going decently and then Luca shows up with her own manga and starts competing, causing Nagi to curse her.

Sounds strange (and vaguely reminicient of a plotline from the first season), but it makes things fall together.

Also, Chiharu's 'extra' of looking at Luca's work and stating how bad(?) it is, is a elbow in the gut of just how unlikely Nagi's effort is of succeeding.

She still reminds me of Ayanami Rei.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:13   Link #6712
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
I posted a somewhat strange theory about how this could relate to the current inheritance issue over on MF.
Will state it here as well.
i think comic party already did that plot.

Nagi is better off making money form the stock market then a real job.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-04-10 at 18:33.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:32   Link #6713
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think comic already did that plot.

Nagi is better off making money form the stock market then a real job.
The manga? I vaguely remember the anime filler doing something similar, but the only manga depictions of Nagi's works weren't competition styles.

I think it's implied that Nagi still has money in stocks, but they can't count on that for the money they need to hold onto the inheritance.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 18:33   Link #6714
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
The manga? I vaguely remember the anime filler doing something similar, but the only manga depictions of Nagi's works weren't competition styles.

I think it's implied that Nagi still has money in stocks, but they can't count on that for the money they need to hold onto the inheritance.
i meant to say comic party not comic
Old 2010-04-10, 23:56   Link #6715
tenryukencero
Till Death

That luka girl seem very interesting, my first thought was "Maybe she's the daughter of Hayate's Brother" but that would be imposible due to his age. Anyway, it will be very hilarious to see Hayate, Nagi, Maria, Tama and maybe Klaus in a 3L.
tenryukencero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 00:03   Link #6716
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I wonder if Athena will buy nagis old mansion ^^ anyway now hayate will have to live with next burden..... not "royal garden/athena issue" but now it was his fault that nagi lost all her money....

hmmm I wonder if nagi will have to leave hakou for a normal school... so she and Ayumu+hayate would have to go into public school since hakou would be too expensive XD (the same hina, isumi ect will lose sight of hayate too)
I don't think they will be forece to leave the school, so long as Athena is in control of it.

As for the mansion, once upon a time there was a man named Adam and a woman named Eve living in a beautiful garden called Eden. But Eve angered the God, so they were chased out. Yeah, that's how the story goes.
Old 2010-04-11, 03:35   Link #6717
Trixie

Hmmm, it does look interesting doesn't it? Actually, my first (and quite silly) reaction was that Luka (or whoever she is) was Hayate's and Athena's love child from the future XD Yeah, don't laugh. My mind can be quite absurd. She has Hayate's blue hair and Athena's eyes. But of course, it probably is something entirely different. I don't think I should even cross the possibility that Nagi running up those stairs and shouting out into the sky may be because she found out about Hayate/Athena's relationship, aka: finding out Luka is their child, ha-ha.

Okay, let's be serious here, maybe it is potential rival for Nagi. Perhaps she set's some competition on 'living a normal life'. A deal? Maybe a deal was involved, a contract/promise of some sorts. The price? Hayate? Or maybe both Luka and Nagi are aspiring manga artisits? If you look at that one pic, they're both holding calligriphy pens...

Last edited by Trixie; 2010-04-11 at 03:56.
Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 10:15   Link #6718
GDB

Nagi values Hayate more than her entire inheritance. She wouldn't just bet him, no matter how confident she is. Not anymore, anyway.

I'd say it's more likely that they just ended up next to each other at a convention, both trying to sell their manga, and Ruka/Luka's sold better than Nagi's. Since Nagi was likely talking big beforehand, it was probably rubbed in her face when she flopped, causing the RAWR reaction.
Old 2010-04-11, 20:58   Link #6719
xellos2099

I am wondering what if Athena purchase the mansion and sell it to Hayate for a low price? I also think they won't be leaving the school, after all, most of the casts, including Hina go to the same school, it will be quite troublesome for the Hata to create an entirely new cast just for the new school.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 05:57   Link #6720
Rickketik

Quote:
it does look interesting doesn't it? Actually, my first (and quite silly) reaction was that Luka (or whoever she is) was Hayate's and Athena's love child from the future XD
Holy crap, now that you mention it....She does look like those two!! Come on Hata don't add sci fi to the main story
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen