Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-01-30, 01:17   Link #481
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I watched 12 monkeys today and it was really good
I love this quote from the movie
Hey... is that the cops? I'm an innocent victim in here! I was attacked by a coked up whore and a - a fuckin' crazy dentist!
Old 2011-01-30, 02:08   Link #482
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Just watched Clockstoppers this morning. A good and entertaining sci-fi movie
Old 2011-01-30, 07:43   Link #483
Samari
World's Greatest

The Blind Side. Forgot this movie came out in 2009. Time flies fast. In any case, this was a brilliant film. I remember at the time it came out I was I think just too lazy to go and see it. But now that I have viewed the movie, I have to say that I think the story was really nice and heartwarming. Now I'm not sure how much they romanticized the story of Michael Oher, but it made for a good tale none the less. Even if it hadn't been based on actual events it would have made a nice movie. Even if you're not into football, the film is pretty easy to understand (and in the big picture the football aspect is marginalized). My girlfriend who really has no exposure to American football got it for the most part. Oh and I must say, Sandra Bullock looking sexy as I've ever seen her was icing on the cake in this movie. Hell yes.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:25   Link #484
Kamuio-Chan
愛麗絲人祭

The Last Excorist
Old 2011-01-30, 22:16   Link #485
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Watched Drag Me to Hell last week, it wasn't bad, but I wish there had been more horror, most scenes were more disgusting than horrific, which was disappointing.
Old 2011-01-31, 01:18   Link #486
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Today I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail on my PS2. One of the most epic comedies that I've ever seen. Watching the bridge of death scene and the fight with the black knight cracks me up every time. LOL
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:45   Link #487
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I just finished Legion on blu-ray and I must say, it has a very interesting take on things and I fully support the distinction that they made in the movie between what one wants and what one needs
Old 2011-02-01, 06:48   Link #488
chachaboru
Banned

Resident Evil after life
it was full of blood...
and i find it awesome
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 06:50   Link #489
Lenne

Tangled and I thought it was a great movie!
Headphones: AKG K701, Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 ohm), Audio Technica ATH-M-50, Shure SRH440, Sony MDR-V6, Sennheiser HD 598, Ultrasone PRO900, Beats Studio (purple) Audio Technica ONTO (pink)
Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 12:14   Link #490
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Iron Man 2 (hadn't managed to see it before).... not *terrible*, but not enormously exciting either. Just seemed like it was cleaning up loose ends from the previous movie and introducing us to Shield.

Its probably better to start thinking of the Marvel Movies as some kind of serial adventure.... though they don't seem to be connecting the X-Men universe (movies 1-3) to it at all.
Old 2011-02-01, 14:31   Link #491
The Master
*Author

Scott Pilgrim vs the world. It was brilliant!
Old 2011-02-01, 14:48   Link #492
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Iron Man 2 (hadn't managed to see it before).... not *terrible*, but not enormously exciting either. Just seemed like it was cleaning up loose ends from the previous movie and introducing us to Shield.

Its probably better to start thinking of the Marvel Movies as some kind of serial adventure.... though they don't seem to be connecting the X-Men universe (movies 1-3) to it at all.
That's probably a good approach as they certainly seem to be leaning that way. I loved Iron Man 1 but the second one didn't really hit a chord with me either--was a little bored to be honest. Never mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachaboru View Post
Resident Evil after life
it was full of blood...
and i find it awesome
Haha, they really don't know what to do with this series any more and it's gotten ridiculous, but still, after life was quite entertaining simply because of the amount of silly actions that occured. I can't count the number of times I thought ''why the hell did the happen?/why did they do that?"
I recently watched Inception on Blu-ray and even though I love Christopher Nolan's previous works (Dark Knight, Momento) and have find lucid dreaming a fascinating subject I found the film incredibly sub-par: the research was off, the plot was simple yet used deus ex machina anyway, and the characters were flat and uninteresting. The ending also had little impact for me.

I'm sure many will disagree with me though, I know it was a very popular film.
I was pretty confused that I didn't enjoy it; it sounded like the perfect film for me but I was really disappointed. I preferred Shutter Island.
Old 2011-02-01, 14:49   Link #493
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Beverly Hills Cop.

Twas funny. The 80's comedies always make me laugh.
Old 2011-02-06, 23:35   Link #494
Simon
気持ち悪い

Finally saw Black Swan last week, was definitely worth it. They did a great job building up the claustrophobic atmosphere, especially with some of the camera-work. Scary mother is scary.

Also, whoever wrote the music for the ballet scenes has a bright future. With a bit of work he could probably make a name for himself.
Old 2011-02-08, 19:15   Link #495
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Shelter , Interesting movie with a guy who has multiple personalities which are murder victims , sometimes boring but it was entertaining enough.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 15:06   Link #496
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Beverly Hills Cop.

Twas funny. The 80's comedies always make me laugh.
Such a classic comedy. Really rough around the edges but genuinely entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Finally saw Black Swan last week, was definitely worth it. They did a great job building up the claustrophobic atmosphere, especially with some of the camera-work. Scary mother is scary.

Also, whoever wrote the music for the ballet scenes has a bright future. With a bit of work he could probably make a name for himself.
I've heard loads about this film--I really should rent it out some time.

Watched Thirst yesterday. My god, it puts recent vampire films to shame (looks at twi***t and 30 days of night ¬_¬). Very gruesome though, even compared to Old Boy and Lady Vengeance, and carries the usual comedic tongue and cheek style really well. Such a great director.

Next up we're watching Waltz with Bashir. I'm prepared to be depressed.
Old 2011-02-11, 22:10   Link #497
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuGG View Post
Watched Thirst yesterday. My god, it puts recent vampire films to shame (looks at twi***t and 30 days of night ¬_¬). Very gruesome though, even compared to Old Boy and Lady Vengeance, and carries the usual comedic tongue and cheek style really well. Such a great director.
High praise indeed! Sympathy for Mr Vengeance is the most emotionally brutal movie I've ever watched - personally I think it was even bleaker than Old Boy thanks to the more low-key plot (and anyone who thinks Bae Doo-na is just a pretty face is in for one hell of a surprise - damn that woman can act).

Speaking of Korean vampire films, Kim Ji-woon's Coming Out left an impression on me. It's a short included on the DVD release of The Quiet Family (another great black comedy, the genre seems to be a Korean speciality), but unfortunately on the R3 it isn't subtitled. I must pick up the international release one day to see how badly I misunderstood the plot
Old 2011-02-11, 22:15   Link #498
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Law abiding Citizen: Ending made no sense with the rest of the movie. I feel like they forced everything in order to have a "happy" ending But great movie overall and Gerard Butler sure is a scary person
2012: Pretty nice movie as well. I think the best part for me was when Helmsley said something along the lines of "Don't let our first act as a new humanity be one of cruetly."
The Ugly Truth: Funny, but that's about it
Alice in Wonderland: Visually pleasing and it had really good effects and scenery

This is what happens when I suddenly find that I get movie channels for free
Old 2011-02-12, 00:03   Link #499
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Lady and the Tramp. I've really been on a kick of watching old movies from my childhood lately.
Old 2011-02-12, 06:08   Link #500
JuGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
High praise indeed! Sympathy for Mr Vengeance is the most emotionally brutal movie I've ever watched - personally I think it was even bleaker than Old Boy thanks to the more low-key plot (and anyone who thinks Bae Doo-na is just a pretty face is in for one hell of a surprise - damn that woman can act).

Speaking of Korean vampire films, Kim Ji-woon's Coming Out left an impression on me. It's a short included on the DVD release of The Quiet Family (another great black comedy, the genre seems to be a Korean speciality), but unfortunately on the R3 it isn't subtitled. I must pick up the international release one day to see how badly I misunderstood the plot
I haven't seen sympathy yet and I really want to. Just having trouble finding it. Grr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Lady and the Tramp. I've really been on a kick of watching old movies from my childhood lately.
Classic film, I think loads of this generation grew up on Disney (good or a bad thing I don't know). Fox and The Hound was apparently my favourite as a kid; it seems I liked making myself depressed.

Tags
live-action, movie, movies