AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-18, 13:13   Link #1861
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
K-On! style Madoka Magica would be fairly easy to achieve...
I bet if they actually do it, it'll be something like this.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:16   Link #1862
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
it's possible to produce a heart warming slice-of-life series where the characters live their lives smiling not crying.
''Just like the first series''

But yeah, I expect a rehash of how Eva has been milked for all it's worth in making weird spinoff's and other merchandise. Call me cynical, but I really don't want to see this show ending up with a whole lot of lazy spinoffs just for the sake of making more money
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
You know, it'll be pretty brilliant if they decide to delay it for a month on purpose just to air ep11-12 on 30th April, from 11:30pm to 12:30am. Real Walpurgis Night!
|This ... would actually be pretty neat. Of course I doubt SHAFT will be able to finish the episode in time if they actually set out to have it air then
Old 2011-03-18, 13:18   Link #1863
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Great news. As long as it'll have more yuri vibes I can die happy.
Let's hope they let Ume-sensei write the script then.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:19   Link #1864
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
''Just like the first series''
I laughed.

If anyone didn't expect this franchise to be milked, they'd be kidding themselves. It is interesting that he wants to reuse the characters though, but I shudder at the thought of it being a K-On ripoff.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:21   Link #1865
Cloudy

I wonder if Urobuchi owns the copyrights of the characters.

Also,inb4 a genderbend and BL friendly version of Madoka to cater to the fangirls.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:25   Link #1866
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
If anyone didn't expect this franchise to be milked, they'd be kidding themselves.
I anticipated it, but hoped (foolishly) that it wouldn't happen. Oh well, guess I'll just be braced for all those figures with Madoka being a mermaid and stories where she ends up building a harem.

*sigh*

EDIT

Of course, that's not to say that the spin offs will end up being bad it could possibly be highly enjoyable and just as good as the original, but knowing how these things can end up playing with highly successful franchise's, I'm being cautious.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:41   Link #1867
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

We all know how the merchandising of Bakemonogatari, the last super successful SHAFT anime, got completely out of hand.

Oh, wait.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:03   Link #1868
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
K-On! style Madoka Magica would be fairly easy to achieve...

Madoka = Yui
Homura = Mio
Kyoko = Ritsu
Mami = Mugi
Sayaka = Azu-nyan
Kyubey = The turtle

Could make for a funny watch.

In any event, I totally agree with Shinbo. These characters are definitely good enough to use in a more conventional slice-of-life schoolgirl show. So I hope that Urobuchi is willing to lend these characters to Shinbo and SHAFT for that purpose in a spin-off series.
I am so down with QB being the turtle. Just as long as they keep him in the bloody fish tank...and feed him turtle food...If he starts up they can get the turtle back, and feed him to the turtle...
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:11   Link #1869
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He thinks it's wasteful to let the unique characters go after the end of the current series and it's possible to produce a heart warming slice-of-life series where the characters live their lives smiling not crying.
Puella Magi Lyrical Madoka

Main Characters

Madoka Kaname - After being traumatized, depressed, and miserable all her life, it's Madoka's turn to deal out some suffering. This season, she gets an techno upgrade to her bow and arrow. It now talks to her and can fire lazers.

Akemi Homura - The dark, mysterious, reserved Puella Magi. Homura steals alien technology from Area 51 and lands a spot on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted List. Following the ending of the first series, Madoka and Homura are now sworn enemies. (For now.)

Tomoe Rin - Mami's long lost sister, thought to have died in the car crash with Mami. Little did Mami know, Kyubey also granted Rin's dying wish, transforming her into a Puella Magi as well. Rin has the ability to summon axes. Ironically, she's also ax crazy.

Shizuki Hitomi - After Kyubey left Earth, Hitomi's memories were restored. Hitomi grieved over Sayaka (her true love) for years, until a certain fluffy ferret approached her with an offer... an offer Hitomi did not refuse. As a Puella Magi, Hitomi uses a whip, because she's into that kind of stuff.

Antagonists

Kyubey/Incubator - Chief of the Fluferret race, Kyubey returns to Earth in search of more emotional energy. Over the time skip, Kyubey's race has developed a more efficient way to harvest human emotion - instead of granting wishes, Kyubey simply poses as a plushie and collects the ecstasy girls feel after squealing at his cute eyes and long ears. Ostensibly, Kyubey wishes to prolong the life of the universe. Truthfully, Kyubey is the one using the vast quantities of the universe's useful energy for himself, and requires more energy to fuel his sinister plans. What are those plans? Who knows... but I bet it has something to do with cake.

Arvest/Harvester - The leading scientist behind the Fluferrets and rival to Kyubey. Unlike Kyubey, however, Arvest wants the universe to be destroyed. Arvest's goal is to kill all young teenage girls on Earth, so Kyubey cannot take energy from them. In order to do so, Arvest decides to contract some Puella Magi to do the dirty work for him. Arvest gives Madoka a weapon upgrade to get back at Kyubey, and is the source of Homura's new artillery. Later, it is revealed Arvest destroyed the planet of Fluferria. He and Kyubey are the lone survivors.

Other Characters

Gen Urobuchi - Hi everybody!
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:36   Link #1870
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I want a salaryman Kyubey spin-off. Or a spin-off involving Homura lesbian stalking Madoka, like in all those fanarts.
Old 2011-03-18, 15:41   Link #1871
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I want a salaryman Kyubey spin-off. Or a spin-off involving Homura lesbian stalking Madoka, like in all those fanarts.
Each episode is done fan mail style, with a different "what if" scenario each time? I'd so go for that.
Old 2011-03-18, 16:27   Link #1872
mizou
Observer

I heard about a different version of episode 10 streamed by nico nuco douga!
what's about it ?
Old 2011-03-18, 16:32   Link #1873
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
I heard about a different version of episode 10 streamed by nico nuco douga!
what's about it ?
It's not really a different version. They just changed a few visual elements. The usual improvement you'd expect for a DVD/BD release.

The most significant change though, was that they added Madoka's witch name in time line 4.

The name is Kriemhild Gretchen, btw.
Old 2011-03-18, 16:34   Link #1874
Scratchy_Alan

They added Madokas witch name and some other minor changes

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Kriemhild_Gretchen

http://images.puella-magi.net/4/47/E...co_Changes.jpg
Scratchy_Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 16:39   Link #1875
B2-Lancer

By Groundhog Day I meant Homura should've been as diligent as that hero was by trying to break his endless cycle as she should've been at convincing the others what was going on each time she cycled back in time.

I don't see anywhere in the anime that hints what happens if you renege on the contract or if a Magic Girl simply strikes. Maybe in the manga which I can't read, but I can't find any clue in the anime. Maybe it's an honor thing. And for me, the conversation between Kyubey and Kyoko hints that there might very well be a way to break the Magic Girl into Witch fate, as Kyubey admits he doesn't know how everything operates. I take him for his word that doesn't "lie", just omits some truth. If some kind of Daniel Webster pops up who can break the contract, I can see Homura leading a MG strike/revolt to starve his people of witch food. Unless the author intends this to be a "dead-end" series of doomed shafted Magic Girls without any hope (the anime folks wouldn't!), I place my bets that there is a way "out".
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 17:07   Link #1876
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2077#184500

31st it seems you guys.
According to that site it also says:
Wed 23 27:00-27:30 27:00-27:30 ニコニコチャンネル Channel Nikoniko #11 最後に残った道しるべ # 11 last milestone

and

Wed 30 27:00-27:30 ニコニコチャンネル Channel Nikoniko #12 # 12

Does that mean they're going to show it on nikoniko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Each episode is done fan mail style, with a different "what if" scenario each time? I'd so go for that.
Imagine Madoka, but in the style of "charlie teh unicron"
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 17:58   Link #1877
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
By Groundhog Day I meant Homura should've been as diligent as that hero was by trying to break his endless cycle as she should've been at convincing the others what was going on each time she cycled back in time.
the problem is Homura believes she can die, as long as madoka doesn't die first or something like that. At the very least she believes she can turn into a witch.

So homura cannot "try every possibilities".
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 18:18   Link #1878
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shinbo was also mentioning about possibility of the second season too, not just spin-off episodes.
http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/0...t-to-make.html
Old 2011-03-18, 19:04   Link #1879
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I want a salaryman Kyubey spin-off.
I see someone have been reading that tragicomedy series in danbooru.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 19:05   Link #1880
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
It's not really a different version. They just changed a few visual elements. The usual improvement you'd expect for a DVD/BD release.

The most significant change though, was that they added Madoka's witch name in time line 4.

The name is Kriemhild Gretchen, btw.
Gretchen? That's another Faust reference, isn't it?

Also, no episode for another week= suckage, spin-off anime would be win (for the record, I believe SHAFT/Aniplex owns the copyright, so if Shinbou wants to make a spin-off anime, I see no reason why he couldn't).

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen