AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 12:20   Link #881
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Author wants more drama on Utsumi !

Chap 28 :

Shou's bf cheats on her . Yep , that was predictable .
Now , Utsumi will play the role of "cheer up" .
And i think that Yuki will see Utsumi and Shou together then misunderstanding situation , drama , etc...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 12:57   Link #882
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for Sp 29:
I have to say it again that Utsumi didn't punch Ryou not because of any "feel of guilt," but simply because he didn't need to, and didn't feel angry over being punched. It's just: "I don't need to sweat over an action coming from a misunderstanding. I will forgive it."

Spoiler for 29:
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:34   Link #883
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I have to say it again that Utsumi didn't punch Ryou not because of any "feel of guilt," but simply because he didn't need to, and didn't feel angry over being punched. It's just: "I don't need to sweat over an action coming from a misunderstanding. I will forgive it."

Spoiler for 29:
Well the main argument was that he did not real man-up which your comment illustrates whatever the reason. And sometimes you need to flex your muscles just to tell that you won't allow everyone to clean their shoes off your face.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:46   Link #884
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Spoiler for 29:
Doesn't sound like it.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:59   Link #885
Arturro

@Cinocard, @Darknemo2000 - I'd like to remind you that mangaka is a woman, and she is creating a story with male protagonist. Most male authors are unable to create a realistic female character as well as most of female authors are unable to create realistic male characters. IMHO mangaka is trying to show Utsumi as a maturing, trying to be responsible, young boy. It's possible her way of thinking about Utsumi reasoning is similar to yours Cinocard. For most of male readers Utsumi is a sissy, and their opinion about Utsumi is similar to Darknemo2000, at best some of us are more forgiving He acts like a tomboy, a girl pretending to be a boy, not like a boy of his age should.

Cinocrad - I think you're implying that Darknemo2000 (or me, in some previous posts) is suggesting that Utsumi should beat the crap of Ryou. He is not. Utsumi, as a boy, should at least consider such option, and more importantly he should show that, if necessary, he will use violence. So far Utsumi is showing that he is a easy target for bullying.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 14:11   Link #886
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Utsumi, as a boy, should at least consider such option, and more importantly he should show that, if necessary, he will use violence. So far Utsumi is showing that he is a easy target for bullying.
I couldn't say it better myself. I know that some will respond that he is showing his maturity, but again you also should see the line between maturity and passiveness when the activeness is needed and in

Spoiler for in:
Old 2010-03-24, 15:52   Link #887
Flight012

Quote:

Spoiler for 29:
Spoiler for :
Flight012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:52   Link #888
Pentacle

Why does everyone seem to think that they only way for Utsumi to show his "manliness" is to try and punch someone who's larger and stronger than he is?

He's an adolescent boy. An insecure one at that. It would be out of character for him to suddenly start punching people out of anger. Especially someone who looks like he could easily kick Utsumi's ass.
Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:56   Link #889
Darknemo2000

Spoiler for j:

Besides you have to remember that the contra-argument was that Utsu was really mature, by selecting not to go physical, however, if he does not consider physical as an option to begin with then it is not a mature choice - it is just trying to pick some dignity to cover your own helplessness.
Old 2010-03-24, 18:28   Link #890
babohtea

This is the most violent discussion I've ever seen over a manga. Even battle-manga don't have this much anger. I am amused. Imagine putting the people in here face to face in a room. I can tell you right now that half of the people in the room are going to punch the people they don't agree with.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:58   Link #891
MikiMata

Yeah, whatever you think of this manga, you have to hand it to the author for creating a series that inspires such strong feelings. She must be doing something right!
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 20:29   Link #892
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight012 View Post
Spoiler for :
If people like that were someone that can be fixed by punching them once or twice, there would be world peace. I have said clearly, punching in that situation solves nothing, you punch because you hate someone and LIKE to punch him, that's all. It may actually make the situation more convoluted and sadden Shou also.

Once you get violent, even though the aftermath effect may actually be good, when you do violence, it's because of your emotion. Your justification sounds nice indeed, but how many percent of world's population actually think hard before punching? Certainly not an adolescent boy.

And as how Utsumi is, if he thought about making Keito a better person before about comforting Shou...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro
Cinocrad - I think you're implying that Darknemo2000 (or me, in some previous posts) is suggesting that Utsumi should beat the crap of Ryou. He is not. Utsumi, as a boy, should at least consider such option, and more importantly he should show that, if necessary, he will use violence. So far Utsumi is showing that he is a easy target for bullying.
I never disagree with anything you say...I just wanted to prove that what Utsumi did is BETTER than punching.

And how do you know Utsumi never considers violence as an option either? Maybe he has considered it and thought it's not the best way out? From the way Utsumi looked straight at Ryou eyes, I think he was saying he wouldn't back down further than that.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 00:22   Link #893
Darknemo2000

We are showed of Utsu's thoughts. If he did consider then it would be showed there as well. Specially in situations like these, thats why he says he does not consider - they are not showed and because Utsu's thoughts and significant ones are showed to us.

Cinocard, but it does help. When you are bullied and start to fight off - it really does help. There are way too many examples for that. On the other hand, being mature and keeping your head up while everyone pisses on your head - much more rarely helps.

It doenst fix the bad guys but it makes them look for someone else, weaker who would cause less problems because this one just would not let walk all over him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
Yeah, whatever you think of this manga, you have to hand it to the author for creating a series that inspires such strong feelings. She must be doing something right!
There were a few insulting pictures and very insulting articles about Gay, Muslims and Jews in one of lithuanian newspaper. Boy it caused so many strong feelings.... Does that mean that the author was doing right thing too? Hardly. Not to mention that it doesn't seem to help to sell GE series all that much.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-03-25 at 03:18.
Old 2010-03-25, 08:57   Link #894
MikiMata

Quote:
There were a few insulting pictures and very insulting articles about Gay, Muslims and Jews in one of lithuanian newspaper. Boy it caused so many strong feelings.... Does that mean that the author was doing right thing too? Hardly. Not to mention that it doesn't seem to help to sell GE series all that much.
Nice reductio ad absurdum there. Are you arguing that GE as a series is immoral? What I meant was, if the author's goal is to write a story that has high readership, it is good to make people care about it. Obviously, the people on this board are still reading the series, whatever they may think of its quality. So, on that level, the author is doing something right.

Last edited by MikiMata; 2010-03-25 at 09:13.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:10   Link #895
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Punching someone isn't gonna do peace. Utsumi's solution is what's most suitable. It's not worth fighting over some stupid misunderstanding.
But if someone tell me I'm a **** and punch me while acting cocky then that unfortunate person is not going to live long.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 09:55   Link #896
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Punching someone isn't gonna do peace. Utsumi's solution is what's most suitable. It's not worth fighting over some stupid misunderstanding.
But if someone tell me I'm a **** and punch me while acting cocky then that unfortunate person is not going to live long.
What Darknemo2000 and me is trying to say is that Utsumi should react well... like you. Starting fight in rage is not the best option, but acting like bullied kid excusing for being alive is the worst one. He has show those two bastards that he is a weak guy, an easy target for bullies. In real life there would be only one effect of his "suitable" actions - he will be bullied more.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 10:11   Link #897
Darknemo2000

Kleeyook, tell me have you been bullied or have seen someone bullied from close up? I mean physically bullied not just calling names which is very common...

It is not a good sight. And you know what is worse? If the guy/girl keeps acting 'most suitable' they will just get bullied more.

Usually standing up (really standing up) is good enough for bullies to start searching for easier accessible victims. The only way it doesn't help is because you have been bullied for so long that the one stand up won't really help much because in bullies mind your image is already that of weak. But if you do stand up early enough it does help.

Ryou is very close to physical bullie who finds it best to let his knuckles do the talking. He trashes and punches Utsu around and won't stop until Utsu proves he is worthy. Sadly, 'suitable' acts will never impress Ryou who will be blind to these actions, the only way he can notice them if he sees yours strength and then when you pull back he will understand it as pullback rather than helplessness or weakness.

Keita is different case - he
Spoiler for he:
Old 2010-03-25, 10:13   Link #898
Flight012

Quote:
If people like that were someone that can be fixed by punching them once or twice, there would be world peace. I have said clearly, punching in that situation solves nothing, you punch because you hate someone and LIKE to punch him, that's all. It may actually make the situation more convoluted and sadden Shou also.

Once you get violent, even though the aftermath effect may actually be good, when you do violence, it's because of your emotion. Your justification sounds nice indeed, but how many percent of world's population actually think hard before punching? Certainly not an adolescent boy.

And as how Utsumi is, if he thought about making Keito a better person before about comforting Shou...

I never disagree with anything you say...I just wanted to prove that what Utsumi did is BETTER than punching.

And how do you know Utsumi never considers violence as an option either? Maybe he has considered it and thought it's not the best way out? From the way Utsumi looked straight at Ryou eyes, I think he was saying he wouldn't back down further than that.
So you just sit around and watch quaietly how scum like that goes around and do what he please? thats so wrong because talking wont solve anything either.
Old 2010-03-25, 10:22   Link #899
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
Nice reductio ad absurdum there. Are you arguing that GE as a series is immoral? What I meant was, if the author's goal is to write a story that has high readership, it is good to make people care about it. Obviously, the people on this board are still reading the series, whatever they may think of its quality. So, on that level, the author is doing something right.
Lol, what?

I never said nor implied anything like that. It seems like your imagination is overly active in this one mate.

I am just saying that controversy doesn't really mean that the author is doing something good. Yeah, there are good examples like Evangelion where it works but I am really not convinced taht GE is one of those.
Old 2010-03-25, 10:23   Link #900
Flight012

Quote:
Kleeyook, tell me have you been bullied or have seen someone bullied from close up? I mean physically bullied not just calling names which is very common...

It is not a good sight. And you know what is worse? If the guy/girl keeps acting 'most suitable' they will just get bullied more.

Usually standing up (really standing up) is good enough for bullies to start searching for easier accessible victims. The only way it doesn't help is because you have been bullied for so long that the one stand up won't really help much because in bullies mind your image is already that of weak. But if you do stand up early enough it does help.

Ryou is very close to physical bullie who finds it best to let his knuckles do the talking. He trashes and punches Utsu around and won't stop until Utsu proves he is worthy. Sadly, 'suitable' acts will never impress Ryou who will be blind to these actions, the only way he can notice them if he sees yours strength and then when you pull back he will understand it as pullback rather than helplessness or weakness.

Keita is different case - he
Spoiler for he:
Totaly agree with u

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi