AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-06, 07:53   Link #81
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
You can be surprise how long machines and medications can maintain a body. Sometimes you have to wonder if the patient's soul intact because machines can keep the body functioning even without the brain.
Not to be a realist in something thats clearly not but its also comes down to a matter of money to see how long they can keep somebody alive.
Old 2011-02-07, 01:32   Link #82
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Not to be a realist in something thats clearly not but its also comes down to a matter of money to see how long they can keep somebody alive.
It definately comes down to money if you want to be debt free. People in the middle class usually get into major debt because the insurance couldn't pay for the expenses anymore. The medical staff can't just cut life support without the significant other permission so the debt racks up. If your really rich or poor then you can get medical treatment right away for some reason.

Yui can live for many years and I kind of wished they would explain each death of each member.
Old 2011-02-07, 14:53   Link #83
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Yui can live for many years and I kind of wished they would explain each death of each member.
Yeah I wanted to know how TK died
Old 2011-02-07, 21:55   Link #84
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Yeah I wanted to know how TK died
TK was the one on the top of my list on wanting to know how he died. As well as the majority of the crew, but sadly the Anime just wouldn't tell us and left us out of it
Old 2011-02-08, 19:22   Link #85
Maxtro

Ugh, I wanted to know who TK is.

I thought he was an American at first, but then it was mentioned that he's actually bad at English.

So the dude can't speak Japanese, barely speaks English and is a break dancer. My guess is that he's European. Since nobody speaks his native language and he doesn't speak theirs he's left to communicate in what little English he knows.

Then there's Shiina. Modern day ninja? Killed in a mission perhaps? Easy to see why she would regret failing.
Old 2011-02-09, 00:34   Link #86
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post

I thought he was an American at first, but then it was mentioned that he's actually bad at English.

So the dude can't speak Japanese, barely speaks English and is a break dancer. My guess is that he's European. Since nobody speaks his native language and he doesn't speak theirs he's left to communicate in what little English he knows.

Then there's Shiina. Modern day ninja? Killed in a mission perhaps? Easy to see why she would regret failing.
Didn't he speak Japanese a little bit, I swear he didn't speak pure English.
Like half of his sentence would be English and the other half would be Japanese
Old 2011-02-09, 06:53   Link #87
GDB

Quote:
Didn't he speak Japanese a little bit, I swear he didn't speak pure English.
Like half of his sentence would be English and the other half would be Japanese
Every line he said was a line from a song. If it was an English song, he spoke in English. If it was a Japanese song, he spoke in Japanese.
Old 2011-02-09, 17:11   Link #88
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post

But TK understood Japanese...
Old 2011-03-02, 03:15   Link #89
Holyrise
Haruhiism Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVJunki View Post
Few questions that boggled my mind for the whole time
Spoiler for To be safe:
Well the way I see it, since the afterlife is meant to let them fulfill their past regrets, and Kanade's regret was that she wasn't able to thank the donor, which is Otonashi, he was brought in to help Kanade pass on. In this case, Otonashi did die first, but he wasn't brought into the afterlife school since he had no regret. I think Otonashi was brought in later after Kanade died so that she can fulfill her regret and pass on, else she will be stuck there forever right? Maybe it has to do with Otonashi's amnesia as well, since if he remember his life was good, he wouldn't be able to stay in the afterlife and Kanade will be stuck there again.
Old 2011-03-02, 18:36   Link #90
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyrise View Post
Well the way I see it, since the afterlife is meant to let them fulfill their past regrets, and Kanade's regret was that she wasn't able to thank the donor, which is Otonashi, he was brought in to help Kanade pass on. In this case, Otonashi did die first, but he wasn't brought into the afterlife school since he had no regret. I think Otonashi was brought in later after Kanade died so that she can fulfill her regret and pass on, else she will be stuck there forever right? Maybe it has to do with Otonashi's amnesia as well, since if he remember his life was good, he wouldn't be able to stay in the afterlife and Kanade will be stuck there again.
I like your theory here Holyrise, and it may even be true. Otonashi may have been dead for quite a long time which eventually lead to him developing amnesia of his past life. But I never knew that alternative world would bring people who have been dead for a long time back in order to get new people to pass on.

But if his goal is done, why is Otonashi still in the afterlife?
Old 2011-03-03, 07:25   Link #91
The Drunk Demoman
~ fabulous ~

So apparently it's confirmed that there isn't season 2 of this show.
Old 2011-03-03, 14:58   Link #92
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
And what is this random screen shot supposed to prove us ? I was certain there wouldn't be a second season anyway but I don't get what you are trying to prove. Not at least until you tell us specifics, who is dexter, where is the image from and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

But if his goal is done, why is Otonashi still in the afterlife?
He isn't ? Did we even watch the same anime ..
Old 2011-03-04, 20:37   Link #93
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm not sure you misunderstood me, but I think I overtook another person's definition of afterlife from this anime generally. The afterlife I was describing was the computer-generated universe that the SSS has been going about till they all graduated leaving Otonashi with a broken-heart that the girl he loved left him to go ahead after hearing the final words she wanted to hear.
There is too finals for the anime.
1. Otonashi stays for some time helping the new students to pass by and eventually, since he got no regrets, he pass by too.
2. Otonashi pass by inmediately after Kanade.

In both finales, he finds Kanade in his reencarnation and it ends there. But the author confirmated that he did quitted the Afterlife into a new life and didn't became an NPC as the Programmer.
Old 2011-03-05, 01:24   Link #94
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
There is two finals for the anime.
1. Otonashi stays for some time helping the new students to pass by and eventually, since he got no regrets, he pass by too.
2. Otonashi pass by inmediately after Kanade.

In both finales, he finds Kanade in his reencarnation and it ends there. But the author confirmated that he did quitted the Afterlife into a new life and didn't became an NPC as the Programmer.
I never understood the scene at the ending, I was practically focused on how Otonashi would have lived his life, but now that you say it that way, I may have been making assumptions way too quickly, but two finales that the you suggested sorta do make more sense now
Old 2011-08-14, 23:19   Link #95
vrz

i just finished this anime not too long ago

few questions

1- who was the guy at the computer room and what happend to him(killed?), and why was he turning NPC's into shadows, because he wanted to get rid of the love in that world??

2- since the novels were completed after the anime started, is the anime's ending different from the novels? or are the stories still the same

3- why cant they hurt npcs?
Old 2011-08-15, 01:24   Link #96
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrz View Post
i just finished this anime not too long ago

few questions

1- who was the guy at the computer room and what happend to him(killed?), and why was he turning NPC's into shadows, because he wanted to get rid of the love in that world??

2- since the novels were completed after the anime started, is the anime's ending different from the novels? or are the stories still the same

3- why cant they hurt npcs?
- He was the Programmer, waiting for his long lost love to return to the Afterlife. He turned NPCs into shadows that would attack humans when too much love existed in the Afterlife. Turning them into NPCs strips them of the ability to love, therefore lowering the amount of love to "safe" levels. He's just mad his girl hasn't come back after some million years.
Yuri's headshot prob killed him, but like everyone else there, I'm sure he just reincarnated and went back to his spot to wait for his love.
- The novels are a prequel to the anime, so they end before the anime begins. It's all one story linked together.
- I assume because they don't want to gather unwanted attention from Angel and any other "police" patrolling the Afterlife by killing NPCs, who aren't supposed to die.
Old 2011-08-15, 01:54   Link #97
vrz

was he really the programmer?

when they were discussing the issue, he never refered to the programmer as himself.
I think he even said he was created for that purpose

I dont think that was the original programer with the love issues

==

and if the novel is the prequel, what story does the manga follow?
does it go beyond the anime?
Old 2011-08-15, 14:28   Link #98
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrz View Post
was he really the programmer?

when they were discussing the issue, he never refered to the programmer as himself.
I think he even said he was created for that purpose

I dont think that was the original programer with the love issues

==

and if the novel is the prequel, what story does the manga follow?
does it go beyond the anime?
The programmer made himself into an NPC, the guy Yuri shot. Guess he referred to himself in third b/c he wasn't human anymore.

The story manga is the exact same thing as the book. The yonkoma is a gag manga.
Old 2011-10-07, 22:49   Link #99
unsuspectingvisitor

i have a question.

i heard alot about reincarnation thing while watching the anime.
whats happening when they reincarnate?. did they grow up again and experience the same life as before ?

if this is true then they will eventually return to THAT place since they will end up dying again with the same regrets in life.it seems like they're trap in an infinite loop though.
Old 2011-10-07, 23:11   Link #100
derk2468

Okk, figured out most of my questions but still have a few.
-Is Track Zero and the first 2 volumes of Heavens Door the same thing??
am I missing something with not reading Track Zero? Everywhere I look Track Zero is listed as an artbook, is it? Or is there a seperate artbook for just Track Zero?
-Is there a translation of the 4-Koma out there??
-What is in the comic anthology? The 4-Koma and Track Zero just in one book??

-And most importantly....when is Heavens Door Vol. 3 coming out??!!?! in 2 it said there would be a 3rd and they obviously left it on a cliffhanger. They couldn't just stop could they? I'd have to cut someone then :/
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a