AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-26, 16:56   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 122

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 122.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2011-12-26, 18:06   Link #2
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Deneve has officially become the new Wolverine. The character the author uses to showcase just how strong the new enemy is without having to do any actual lasting damage to any one important.
I'm fairly certain Hysteria chipped her brain.
Old 2011-12-26, 18:21   Link #3
Arlenis
Of Lights

So...I just voted and realized I should wait until dialogue. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I'll have the same opinion. I'm really impressed with that wretched bitch (Hysteria). Judging by the bit I've seen, her attack methods and maneuvering is unparalleled...even by Priscilla I'd say in terms of speed. I don't quite understand why she's having such a hard damn time finishing the job in the little wounds she inflicts. What? Can she only chip away at enemies until their ultimate doom? For that, I must say that her damage factor sucks HORRIBLY for an abyssal one. One cannot expect to be able to do much against a fellow abyssal one with those damage capabilities. Furthermore, IS she flying without the wings toward the end and why does she eject those prongs that surrounded her lower section with no clear aim at anyone; is she getting rid of them to change form?
Old 2011-12-26, 18:34   Link #4
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
I don't quite understand why she's having such a hard damn time finishing the job in the little wounds she inflicts. What? Can she only chip away at enemies until their ultimate doom?
Maybe she can't fully control that level of speed yet. Like when Clare partially awakened her legs in Pieta. Hysteria might be just too fast.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-26, 18:35   Link #5
LONEWOLF13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Deneve has officially become the new Wolverine. The character the author uses to showcase just how strong the new enemy is without having to do any actual lasting damage to any one important.
I'm fairly certain Hysteria chipped her brain.
Humans are still capable to function with only half a brain seen (seen it on youtube....Yuck)

But still only thing is missing on Denny is Adamantium and slight personality change and you got a wolverine BUB.
Old 2011-12-26, 18:37   Link #6
Arlenis
Of Lights

Claymore!, I can always count on you for a good response to my puzzlement. That makes sense now doesn't it? Then....of course...that would mean she only stands to grow exponentially in power when she gains full control.
Old 2011-12-26, 18:38   Link #7
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Just transferring over my old posts

===

..........What a weird month - you mean the chapter is out already? We didn't even get any spoilers yet 0_0

At least I don't have to worry about being late this month, but really 0_o.....and the whole chapter as well.

......ugh, what a weird month - I guess we just have to wait till more people slowly find out about it to bring in some discussion - preferably with the translations and the proper thread.

I wouldn't say that Hysteria isn't at all full-power....we see her powering up in the middle of the third row, with veins and everything, and she does seem frustrated.....it just truly seems that, hysterically, she just can't remove the sword because it's not in her design/ability; and the way Tabitha gets to her and she seems alarmed?...

I swear if she actually ends up dying -___-.

Page 051 though seems.....weird. I know it'll probably makes sense once we get higher-resolution pictures, but it almost seems like the characters are standing in mid-air

At any rate, while I thank you for the images Konart - I'm all but certain that, what you did, isn't allowed. Best you get rid of them ASAP I think >_>

Well, since their isn't any spoilers, translations or anything, I can only use my eyes to guess at what's going on:

Firstly, plainly, No Claire...not gonna make a huge fuss on that one, but I was kind of hoping that maybe Yagi would scene-change now...guess not.

The chapter itself....all Hysteria (no Cassie or Roxanne?), and sadly, her design still hasn't fully grown on me -- I kind of like how she jumped, since, more and more, I can see the eerie/creepiness that Yagi was going for, even if it's not the "elegence" I had imagined or would have prefer. I'm beginning to wonder if, her design as a whole, would be far better colored and animated then what we get from the manga....for instance, if I like her better if I have creepy string-music playing in the background and get a better "feel" of her.

Nobody punched Miria in the face yet? Awww...

I honestly have little to say....I'm still sort of blown away that the chapter is out this early -- and no translations, spoilers or anything to guide us. The single thing I like, that I can see, is that Hysteria is no easy opponent, which is rightfully so - I don't know what I would do if they actually could beat her, or any of the ZAOs. Fortunately, they seem to be having difficulty and hopefully it will remain that way.

That said, despite Nixl's words on the characters lack of pragmatism (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=410), I'm still hoping they don't "stand their ground" -- that all the characters use their heads and realize this is all beyond their control and high-tail it out of there on the double. If anything, the (thank god) proof that they can't beat Hysteria, who is presumably the weakest of the ZAOs, should be enough....let the ZAOs kill eachother, even if that's not what I prefer (none of them dead please).........unfortunately, like Nixl said, knowing Miria and how the others think, they will stay which is suicide and/or conventional. I hope it doesn't go so far in that they actually can kill one of the ZAOs like Gooral said/fears, because Nixl's words on the power-levels being broken will truly come true I think.

Deneve gives me the impression of being in charge, again, which is good for the people who think she's in charge; that said, I still am wishing Nixl and I's belief on their being no make-up leader is correct, especially now that they've all reunited.....I also, to my annoyance, feel that, despite no translations, she's pulling a Dr.Deneve on the fourth page >_____<

Love Tabitha this chapter - she really shines in her fighting .

Overall, it's really okay....just okay. I'm with Gooral in that I still don't like how their have been no deaths after all this time - huge wounds are just teases, especially when Deneve gets the brunt of it all and we know she can just heal.....I feel this chapter is better then the last chapter, but only slightly. Their was more to look forward to this chapter then the last; unfortunately, their was no Claire....but nonetheless, even without translations, I feel a better impression of this chapter then the last, even if only slightly.

Of course, time will tell what my feelings are; hopefully the translations don't stink and their is bad dialog.

===
Old 2011-12-26, 18:40   Link #8
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Claymore!, I can always count on you for a good response to my puzzlement. That makes sense now doesn't it? Then....of course...that would mean she only stands to grow exponentially in power when she gains full control.
That's true, she could become even stronger. Unless the Ghosts somehow defeat her before she can learn to fully control her speed.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-26, 18:52   Link #9
Arlenis
Of Lights

They'll need Miria...and Raftela....and both are in sucky condition. I'd say that with both of them then Raftela could close the gap in speed some by ruining her perception OR it might just make her go crazy and run away. It seems as if Hysteria can pull of full on flight even without her wings and even upward elegance. I noticed that she is moving so fast that Yagi has illustrated her while moving as just a white jet in what ever direction she is moving. That has never been done before; why doesn't she just attack Miria now. Mira is "ignoring" her. I just thought of something: Roxanne's "Hardness" stat SUCKS! She got her finger cut off by a a kid without a symbol.

Last edited by Arlenis; 2011-12-26 at 19:20.
Old 2011-12-26, 21:37   Link #10
Fermat

I must say, Hysteria actually looks better sans wings, particularly in page 16. She doesn't appear too top-heavy with her legs spread out and far-reaching like that.

She seems a bit disappointing in the first few pages, being "surprised" a few times and losing her wings early on. Maybe she was surprised to see such great coordination between warriors? She becomes quite powerful when she speeds up, though. It's like she's in "Perpetual Elegance." I have with to agree with Arlenis, though, that the damage potential is a bit underwhelming. While Riful wasn't as fast, she could, as Clare said, probably mince up one of the Ghosts quite easily.

As for shooting those projectiles, perhaps she's trying to lessen drag to become even faster? Perhaps she lost those wings intentionally and was simply gauging how powerful her foes were? Anyway, design-wise, those blades were a plus, so once gone, she'd go from bizarre to... a bit bare. (Pun not intended.)

Anyway, not much to discuss since: 1) we don't have a translation yet, and 2) it's mostly an action chapter. We'll just have to see how the dialogue is several days from now.
Old 2011-12-26, 21:52   Link #11
Double_friedman

Well, at least Hysteria doesn't seem as sucky as I expected her to be. But it's clear she's going to be defeared by the ghost in a stupid, illogical and unpredictable way, just like she was by Miria two chapters ago.
Old 2011-12-26, 23:59   Link #12
Nixl

Yep, this is the Witches Maw all over again. New characters, flashy techniques, plot armor galor, little substance for the moment. In before someone tells me the witches maw use of plot armor was somehow different and epic111 because they say so. Edit Once my trip is over I can post again, see you all soon and happy holidays everyone.
Old 2011-12-27, 01:56   Link #13
Wiggle wyrm

At least in the Witches Maw there were some casualties. Of Jean’s hunting party, 2 died and 1 awakened (and then died).

Right now, after fights with a pissed off Miria, a score or so of Abyssal Feeder shock troops, 3 resurrected #1’s and now 3 Abyssals; as for as I can tell, no one has died so far.
Old 2011-12-27, 02:24   Link #14
Gooral
Banned

@Wiggle wyrm
Exactly but Nixl ignores this every time and stubbornly says that Witches Maw is no different than current arc (even though me, Fate Archer and several others have provided a list of arguments that show otherwise) . There is also a "detail" of Galatea, Jean and Clare not fighting an Abyssal but Duff which is a humongous difference. Not to mention that Galatea, Jean and Clare are stronger than any of the ghosts except Miria (although Clare is much stronger than Miria and Galatea with released power would be also stronger). So yeah, it's the same thing. <lol>

I'll also copy my response from 121st chapter thread:

Booorrrrriiiing. As expected no one died and it's getting more annoying with every chapter considering the circumstances and the situation our characters are in. Of course Deneve was hit in the most severe way, losing even part of her face but that's just super annoying since we all know Deneve will easily heal it in no time. The other Claymore (Nike?) had only her right arm taken... That doesn't even have an impact of Tom being hit by Jerry in the head with a baseball bat.

Seriously, I'm so annoyed and what's worse I know I'll be more annoyed since Yagi will make our plot-armor protected characters defeat Hysteria in some unconvincing way which will amplify my annoyance and anger even more.
Old 2011-12-27, 04:00   Link #15
The Based

The panel where everyone does that nifty combo attack would be a great place for Bishou no Teresa to play if this was animated.

Quote:
That said, despite Nixl's words on the characters lack of pragmatism (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=410), I'm still hoping they don't "stand their ground" -- that all the characters use their heads and realize this is all beyond their control and high-tail it out of there on the double. If anything, the (thank god) proof that they can't beat Hysteria, who is presumably the weakest of the ZAOs, should be enough....let the ZAOs kill eachother, even if that's not what I prefer (none of them dead please).........unfortunately, like Nixl said, knowing Miria and how the others think, they will stay which is suicide and/or conventional. I hope it doesn't go so far in that they actually can kill one of the ZAOs like Gooral said/fears, because Nixl's words on the power-levels being broken will truly come true I think.
And leave behind all the injured warriors? If they were going to do something like that they wouldn't bother going to Staff for the "final, decisive battle against the orgainization" (as 109 puts it) to begin with. For Helen and Deneve who have endured hellcats and Priscilla this is just another day at the office. The ghosts may have different motivations driving them but they did "train until they puked blood" to prevent another Pieta. If it's Miria's desire to save her comrades the others will respect that. Thought Deneve claimed she wasn't helping Anastasia's group, Dietrich had already made a joke about that statement ealier.

Even if they scattered in different directions Hysteria should have no trouble catching them, except for Tabitha who has yet to release her yoki. Relying on the FO fighting each other seems dubious at best. Hysteria may not have any interest picking a fight with her peers and was already able to gather food unopposed. The rest of the food might already be eaten by the time she's able to deal with that sword leaving nothing to fight over. Roxxane might even choose to stand down if she thinks she can't win like Luciela did after using up too much Yoki. She might find it better to lick her wounds than to fight over food that tastes terrible anyway. And I feel it would anti-climactic if they could just run away from a problem and that problem just solves itself on its own.
Old 2011-12-27, 04:49   Link #16
Gooral
Banned

Chinese scanlation is out so everything is clearly visible now.

Spoiler for size:

I wasn't paying attention to it earlier but now it looks funny to me that Claymores need to put their hands near the wounded Claymore (instead of for example touching Claymore or not putting hands at all) as if they were Jedi. I guess that way it looks the coolest.

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-12-27 at 08:43.
Old 2011-12-27, 06:48   Link #17
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

^ Gooral, you sure love horizontal scrollbars

Hysteria must have some serious suction in her throat to have that sword still stay neatly in place with all her hyper-speed maneuvers.

As for them standing in the air, might it have something to do with Anastasia's invisible hair strings?
Old 2011-12-27, 07:32   Link #18
Ulquihorror

with hysteria seemingly pwning everyone in über high speed, I wonder how she will meet her demise. I want her to die already...
I also wonder if deneve or tabitha got everyone to eat half a pill like miria suggested in pieta
Old 2011-12-27, 09:14   Link #19
Gooral
Banned

@yononaka
Not everyone sees horizontal bar, it depends on which resolution you're using (I don't see it for example). But I've changed it now.

About her sword being still in her throat, you're right of course but I'm starting to treat Yagi the same as I do Kubo Tite, Kishimoto or Oda. I also don't get why Hysteria didn't attack completely vulnerable Miria, Cynthia and Yuma but instead completely ignored them during ALL of her attacks even though she attacked everybody else. As for being in the air, it seems a bit too convenient that everyone can use Anastasia's threads so easily. Does it mean that in youki sensing mode they can see a shape of an object even behind other objects or even when this object is super small (no bigger than 180 micrometers in diameter)? But then why doesn't Hysteria cut those threads or use it to her advantage?
Old 2011-12-27, 09:56   Link #20
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Wiggle wyrm
Exactly but Nixl ignores this every time and stubbornly says that Witches Maw is no different than current arc (even though me, Fate Archer and several others have provided a list of arguments that show otherwise) . There is also a "detail" of Galatea, Jean and Clare not fighting an Abyssal but Duff which is a humongous difference. Not to mention that Galatea, Jean and Clare are stronger than any of the ghosts except Miria (although Clare is much stronger than Miria and Galatea with released power would be also stronger). So yeah, it's the same thing. <lol>

That is a silly argument coming from you Gooral. Having a different opinion is not being stubborn….it’s called having a different opinion. Shocking right? For having posted on this forum so long you should know there is actually more than 1 opinion on the internet. Furthermore, where did I ignore your argument? I responded to all those arguments, but I guess that is ignoring right?

Seriously, personal opinion does not equal objective fact. You may say something Gooral, but it is not objective fact. You think early claymore was epic, while I think it was mediocre, funny how opinions work. Yet, do you see me passive aggressively putting "lols" and saying you "ignored" my argument? If so, please tell me where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggle wyrm View Post
At least in the Witches Maw there were some casualties. Of Jean’s hunting party, 2 died and 1 awakened (and then died).

Right now, after fights with a pissed off Miria, a score or so of Abyssal Feeder shock troops, 3 resurrected #1’s and now 3 Abyssals; as for as I can tell, no one has died so far.
Actually, it is more than just body count. I'll have a full post soon/later of all the narrative similarities I believe the two arcs have. Ultimately, I believe both arcs share the same method of introducing characters that are pivotal to the next arc. Much like Jean proved useful in Pieta, Roxanne or Raftela could have use later against Priscilla.
Closed Thread