Mizore-chan

Quote:
Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360, Says Microsoft
*facepalm*
Old 2013-06-12, 19:38   Link #1322
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Man, you'd think that Microsoft would be better served to shut the fuck up for the next month or two, even if they get zero press presence...

Sony 2006: Get a 2nd job.
Microsoft 2013: Why would I live there/Move to a different country.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:57   Link #1323
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-12, 20:47   Link #1324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
"Our"? But you're not in any of those decades. /nitpick
Only a few months shy of 30 is close enough I'd say. Heck my two sons think this way ("largely abandoned by the industry") and they're only in their twenties.
Old 2013-06-12, 21:33   Link #1325
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Stick with Xbox 360.....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-12, 21:57   Link #1326
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/

It's funny, really.

Quote:
"This is a big change, consumers don't always love change, and there's a lot of education we have to provide to make sure that people understand."
It's like they don't want to sell their console, seriously.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/p...one/disclaimer

Quote:
Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions.
Image related to the disclaimer.
Old 2013-06-12, 22:18   Link #1327
whitecloud

So...I guess we already could see which one would get a bigger adoption rate...

For a nice reference....ALL BLUE...
Old 2013-06-12, 22:23   Link #1328
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

LOOK AT ALL THOSE FEATURES

I'm not even sure they are serious or not anymore.
Old 2013-06-12, 22:40   Link #1329
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Limited Edition controller is only unique because of the wording printed on it as far as I can tell ... you know ... stuff that rubs off

Oooh, an "achievement" ... heh, seriously?
Old 2013-06-12, 22:46   Link #1330
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The Limited Edition controller is only unique because of the wording printed on it as far as I can tell ... you know ... stuff that rubs off

Oooh, an "achievement" ... heh, seriously?
Apparently the price is shopped, but the extra stuffs are right, along with this:

Quote:
Ryse: Son of Rome – Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
Forza Motorsport 5 – Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
Kinect Sports Rivals – Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
Dead Rising 3 - Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.
Well, if you have the games. That is.
Old 2013-06-13, 01:17   Link #1331
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
So...I guess we already could see which one would get a bigger adoption rate...

For a nice reference....ALL BLUE...
To be fair, the 360s was dominated only in the NA region. The rest of world was pretty split between 360 and PS3 while Wii enjoyed the top spot in terms of platform adoption and install base worldwide.
Old 2013-06-13, 01:22   Link #1332
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
To be fair, the 360s was dominated only in the NA region. The rest of world was pretty split between 360 and PS3 while Wii enjoyed the top spot in terms of platform adoption and install base worldwide.
Not sure, but didn't the PS3 actually picked up once the price dropped?
The 360 had the advantage of being the first on the market. In my view, if the PS3 launched at the same time as the 360 and priced the same, the 360 would have been dead. People wanted the PS3, but the 360 was a cheaper alternative. If you put that in perspective the Xbone is in a bad position, I don't think the majority of gamers are fanboys, they will just pick the one that seem to be good value for them. Brand loyalty isn't as significant as it used to be.

Last edited by Sides; 2013-06-13 at 01:39.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 02:03   Link #1333
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Not sure, but didn't the PS3 actually picked up once the price dropped?
The 360 had the advantage of being the first on the market. In my view, if the PS3 launched at the same time as the 360 and priced the same, the 360 would have been dead. People wanted the PS3, but the 360 was a cheaper alternative. If you put that in perspective the Xbone is in a bad position, I don't think the majority of gamers are fanboys, they will just pick the one that seem to be good value for them. Brand loyalty isn't as significant as it used to be.
PS3 recently surpassed Xbox360 in terms of worldwide unit shipped but 360 is still the stronger platform in the NA region while EU and Japan are leaning towards the PS3.

The PS3 had the advantage being a Blu-ray player as well despite the higher price tag during it's initial launch period. Xbox One though, I'm skeptical about it's prospect.

Personally, i don't find having an all in one living room solution box worth the extra 100 dollar (assuming if i was even living in country supported by it) and I rather press a button than to talk to my TV to change the channel. Though that doesn't mean there's no market for it but I don't think it's going to be that significant especially with the console being limited to certain regions only during launch.
Old 2013-06-13, 02:16   Link #1334
Sides

Quote:
Personally, i don't find having an all in one living room solution box worth the extra 100 dollar (assuming if i was even living in country supported by it) and I rather press a button than to talk to my TV to change the channel. Though that doesn't mean there's no market for it but I don't think it's going to be that significant especially with the console being limited to certain regions only during launch.
Quite interesting fact is that newer "Smart TVs" already have kinect like features, voice control, waggle detection aso. I mean if people are loaded they already have voice controlled TV systems, so why buy an extra box that does the same what a TV already does. I really cannot see who they are trying to target with xbone. Rich people?- No. Students? -No. "Hardcore gamers"? -No.
Old 2013-06-13, 02:36   Link #1335
Slayerx

Quote:
Quite interesting fact is that newer "Smart TVs" already have kinect like features, voice control, waggle detection aso. I mean if people are loaded they already have voice controlled TV systems, so why buy an extra box that does the same what a TV already does. I really cannot see who they are trying to target with xbone. Rich people?- No. Students? -No. "Hardcore gamers"? -No.
Well it does kinda sorta makes sense; afterall their were blu-ray players before the PS3 aswell, but since they were not wide spread it put the PS3 in position to become the choice for blu-ray player. In a sense Xbox One is trying to do the same, but with smart TV's. Its not that crazy of an idea... however, one of the problems for Xbone is that its more expensive than smart TV sets; devices like Roku and Apple TV are only about $100. Now the samesung smart TV does cost about the same and has motion controls, but that's because its a TV set and not just something you attract to your current set. Main reason PS3 selling itself as a blu-ray player worked out was because most blu-ray players were more expensive. I might always question the level of interest their would be in smart TV's
Old 2013-06-13, 04:50   Link #1336
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Feature wise, i assume they are targeting families with the standard tv setup by offering all in one solution and that's a good thing. There's obvious advantage to having a single box that handles all everything for your standard tv instead of juggling between your cable tv box, dvr and gaming console.

But Sony is really giving them the finger by offering a more competitive price with far less baggage. Cheaper initial cost and probably even cheaper subscription with much more value with their PS+ unless MS reprice their Xbox Live subscription fee.
Old 2013-06-13, 07:36   Link #1337
Sides

Quote:
Feature wise, i assume they are targeting families with the standard tv setup by offering all in one solution and that's a good thing. There's obvious advantage to having a single box that handles all everything for your standard tv instead of juggling between your cable tv box, dvr and gaming console.
Think MS still haven't detailed how the TV feature will work. The Xbone itself doesn't seem to have aerial/coaxial input, meaning the feed must come somehow form the hdmi connector. I'm not 100% sure, but that means your TV needs to have at least either two hdmi connectors, one to send the TV feed to the xbone and another to receive the processed feed, or one hdmi connector meeting least the 1.4 spec and a hdmi cable with ethernet channel. See this is actually more confusing for your average person. I reckon most people have HDTVs with one hdmi and with pre hdmi 1.4 connectors, this means they will have to get a new TV just to utilised the full potential of the xbone.
In that case, they might as well buy a new TV and a PS4 or PC, considering that steaming is on the rise, and neither PC or PS4 have a paywalls blocking streaming services. If I understand correctly you can get netflix or another service on the PS4/3 without having PS+, unlike the 360(and possible Xbone) where you need to have live subscription.
The idea of the xbone sound fine, but once you ask the questions on how it will work, it get a bit confusing, because nothing was covered in detail by MS.

Kind of disappointed that no "videogames" journalist actually inquired about the TV features. It is one of the machines core feature, but non of them thought it would be an good idea to ask how it actually works, or what is required to make it work.
Old 2013-06-13, 07:57   Link #1338
whitecloud

the thing is...MS has all those DRM, and paywall upon paywall, 24 hour online checking just to play....that put people off...

they treat people like they are a potential criminal, even with TV feature, plus kinect which is good i should say..that is not enough to sway many people...oh yea, even more so by their arrogance, have you heard the interview with don mattrick? he basically said if you want offline gaming just buy 360 which is really arrogant, reminder of sony in 2006.
Old 2013-06-13, 07:57   Link #1339
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Think MS still haven't detailed how the TV feature will work. The Xbone itself doesn't seem to have aerial/coaxial input, meaning the feed must come somehow form the hdmi connector. I'm not 100% sure, but that means your TV needs to have at least either two hdmi connectors, one to send the TV feed to the xbone and another to receive the processed feed, or one hdmi connector meeting least the 1.4 spec and a hdmi cable with ethernet channel. See this is actually more confusing for your average person. I reckon most people have HDTVs with one hdmi and with pre hdmi 1.4 connectors, this means they will have to get a new TV just to utilised the full potential of the xbone.
In that case, they might as well buy a new TV and a PS4 or PC, considering that steaming is on the rise, and neither PC or PS4 have a paywalls blocking streaming services. If I understand correctly you can get netflix or another service on the PS4/3 without having PS+, unlike the 360(and possible Xbone) where you need to have live subscription.
The idea of the xbone sound fine, but once you ask the questions on how it will work, it get a bit confusing, because nothing was covered in detail by MS.

Kind of disappointed that no "videogames" journalist actually inquired about the TV features. It is one of the machines core feature, but non of them thought it would be an good idea to ask how it actually works, or what is required to make it work.
It's been confirmed for a while that the XBox One has two HDMI ports: one for input and one for output. You plug your DVR into the XBox and the XBox to the TV. If the DVR supports HDMI-CEC the xbox will be able to change channels, if it doesn't you'll have to buy a separate IR blaster for the xbox that will work as a remote for your DVR. (this is all confirmed aside from using HDMI-CEC. I'm just guessing that Microsoft isn't building a new standard to do this but I wouldn't put it past them).
Old 2013-06-13, 08:51   Link #1340
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It's been confirmed for a while that the XBox One has two HDMI ports: one for input and one for output. You plug your DVR into the XBox and the XBox to the TV. If the DVR supports the xbox will be able to change channels, if it doesn't you'll have to buy a separate IR blaster for the xbox that will work as a remote for your DVR. (this is all confirmed aside from using HDMI-CEC. I'm just guessing that Microsoft isn't building a new standard to do this but I wouldn't put it past them).
Exactly what i meant with confusion. I know that it has a hdmi in and dvr features, but I don't think any independent press stated that you have to use a external device to receive TV signals. lol it only has game recording function, which they dubbed as "Game DVR" or something, not wonder that no one reported about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by source: xbone homepage
Connect your cable or satellite box to Xbox One and watch all your favorite television
shows right through the console.*1 All your favorite channels. All your favorite shows.
All with the sound of your voice. You can even create your own personal channel
by pinning the shows and apps you watch most. Gone are the days of switching
inputs to watch TV or play a movie. Xbox One can do it all.

*1. Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).