AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 8 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-22, 17:44   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kashimashi Episode 11 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are both cats.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:
Old 2006-03-22, 20:09   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As I watched this and felt the characters' pain, I thought how strange it was to be able to feel this weird situation as if it were real. Maybe I'm just vulnerable, but I have to give credit to the staff and cast for making this strange thing seem so moving and authentic. 9/10
Spoiler for question about episode 11:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-03-22, 20:21   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Question about end of Ep 11:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-05 at 18:32.
Old 2006-03-23, 05:43   Link #4
rale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Spoiler for Question about end of Ep 11:
Well, I didn't understand 100% of it but im fairly certain...

Spoiler for 11:

and..

Spoiler for future speculation:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-05 at 18:32.
Old 2006-03-23, 09:45   Link #5
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

the lack of making decision from hazumu causing both tomari and yusuna hurt.
from metaphorical that ayuki had said, 2 flower growing in the same pot cant grow as healthy as those other flower which has their individual pot.both of flowers in the same pot will eventually wilt if there is no changes make. in order to save at least one of them, u need to pull out one of them in order to save one of it....

so hazumu cant make decicion to both of them...giving them the same love and passion towards them and cause both of them to hurt their feeling...

the oyaji had said, they came to earth was because to inspect and examine yunasu because of her unique condition . that her condition will change because of love. than bla bla so in order to heal back yusuna vision and confidence towards human, yusuna need to deeply love someone..

so will hazumu end up wif yusuna? nope..cos yunasu are leaving the place..and tomari had given up hazumu to yusuna-chan..but wat tomari don know is that yusuna are also going to give up on hazumu too...>_>

like i had say..hazumu will end up wif no one...since this anime wasnt about rivalry between gd and bad ppl... so no winner or loser in this anime.

Last edited by friendshipz; 2006-03-23 at 20:26.
Old 2006-03-23, 13:42   Link #6
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

All I had to say is "love is destructive".
Old 2006-03-23, 20:29   Link #7
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency
All I had to say is "love is destructive".

...i concur... watched so much romance anime and comics... i myself start to have a phobia on love...
Old 2006-03-23, 20:33   Link #8
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I don't think anime characters are good examples of love in action...
Old 2006-03-23, 22:56   Link #9
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Actually, they're pretty awful examples of love in action

Maybe Hazumu
Spoiler for manga:
and the title really refers to Yasuna and Tomari meeting and getting together because of Hazumu...
Old 2006-03-23, 23:35   Link #10
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

The storyline is straying everywhere. I sometimes get scared by that.

What the alien said about the truth is scary enough.
Old 2006-03-24, 01:20   Link #11
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Wow, before anything else, I need to commend everyone who's posted on this thread for having the discipline not to mention...

Spoiler:

Alas, I know zero Japanese, so I'll have to wait for a summary or a fansub to know what everyone was saying, but even on the visuals alone, this ep was really something else.
Old 2006-04-04, 16:58   Link #12
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Yes! Episode 11 is out!

-> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30684 (ep 11)
-> Torrents for Xabin

Big thanks to Xabin for this release. I've been waiting to catch up with this.
Old 2006-04-04, 17:49   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yay, for Xabin... (flicks download on)

I'm up to date on the scanlated manga as well.... interesting differences. My main complaint about the manga is that the frame to frame continuity is somewhat poor at times. Example: the beach scene in which Asuta is about to reveal Important Things to Hazumu and is interrupted by sensei's fall - a couple of shouts of Hazumu!!! and suddenly we're in the train with Asuta beaten and tied "fnar". Having seen the anime, I know that Tomari executed her "protect Hazumu" mode but that was in no way clear in the manga. ((that has me wondering if the scanlation dropped some honorifics that would have made those speech balloons clearer)) ... but the panel by panel continuity jumps make it more difficult to follow than a lot of other manga.

In respects the anime is producing better results, though the manga is more interesting in other aspects (the art is pretty entrancing...).
Old 2006-04-04, 17:57   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Big thanks to Xabin for this release. I've been waiting to catch up with this.
Heh, i think its about time i changed to Xabin. ^^;
Old 2006-04-04, 22:57   Link #15
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The Xabin mkv files won't play for me like other mkv files I have. If I don't have ffdshow installed, Media Player Classic gives me sound only, and VLC Media Player crashes entirely. This is the only time I've run into this problem.

Now, of course you might say, "Well, install ffdshow, then," and you would be right. Except that when I have ffdshow installed, it interferes with my ability to use vobsub for soft-subbed shows (I get double subtitles).

Any suggestions?
Old 2006-04-05, 00:07   Link #16
Xabin
Careless

Send a message via MSN to Xabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
Now, of course you might say, "Well, install ffdshow, then," and you would be right. Except that when I have ffdshow installed, it interferes with my ability to use vobsub for soft-subbed shows (I get double subtitles).

Any suggestions?
In the MPC Options, under Player, check "Store settings to .ini file". You'll now find an ini file next to your mplayerc.exe, open this and search for "EnableSubtitles=1" (I haven't found a switch for this in the GUI settings) and change it to 0 to disable MPC's internal subtitler.
In the "Video decoder configuration" part of ffdshow's settings, there's a submenu called Subtitles, make sure that isn't checked.
You should now only get subtitles from DVobSub.

My version of Kashimashi isn't soft-subbed, btw.
Old 2006-04-05, 01:28   Link #17
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabin
In the MPC Options, under Player, check "Store settings to .ini file". You'll now find an ini file next to your mplayerc.exe, open this and search for "EnableSubtitles=1" (I haven't found a switch for this in the GUI settings) and change it to 0 to disable MPC's internal subtitler.
In the "Video decoder configuration" part of ffdshow's settings, there's a submenu called Subtitles, make sure that isn't checked.
You should now only get subtitles from DVobSub.
That did it! Thanks!

Quote:
My version of Kashimashi isn't soft-subbed, btw.
Yeah, I know, but I have other stuff that is.
Old 2006-04-05, 03:54   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just finished ep 11 ... fairly agonizing episode. Points to Asuta for "being there" though he's always stood up and left behind.

(manga note: this is an interesting "reinterpretation" of the manga.... but hey if its well told.. <shrug>)

Anyway, interesting whirlwind of events..... up to the final "demo..." such that even if Hazumu chooses, I'm still rooting for a threesome over the long duration past the end of the anime (or in the manga).

video notes: I'm not having these problems but then I usually check for updates once every couple of weeks and use the animesuki instructions to the letter in installing everything (after removing everything first). I've come across exactly *one* file I couldn't play with irfanview or the latest Microsoft Windows Media Player and that one played with the "Media Player Classic" tool. I'm also running on Win2K and WinXP. The Win9X and WinMe OS ... you really should retire those for security reasons and because they aren't multithreaded operating systems (which means many games will barf under them). If money is an issue, take a look at Ubuntu Linux (or some other) and the video tools on that or learn how to run WINE or some similiar "windows simulator" under Linux.
Its good to learn new things ... especially if it saves money.
Old 2006-04-05, 07:07   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The best part of this episode was definitely the first half. YURIVISION is still a plot device, but it's one that's being used really well. But both the plot and drama are working fairly well, and a lot of credit for making both those elements have impact has to go to the really good use of music.

The second half, I didn't enjoy as much. I thought the explanation for the alien presence was totally stupid. Yes, I realize this entire show is built on plot devices, but that particular one was by far the silliest. I didn't really appreciate Ayuki's flower metaphor either... it may have been a clever metaphor, but it's a clever metaphor for a cliche.

The confrontation at the end was an interesting scene, but it lacked the dramatic weight and tension of the controntation at the beginning of the episode.
Spoiler:
This is, in my opinion, by far the strongest feature of Kashimashi's story to date: it's been anything but predictable.

On a slightly different note, the art is still great, but the animation seems to have gone downhill. A bit of discreet corner cutting, I suspect.
Old 2006-04-05, 08:23   Link #20
hailstorm

I love lesbian angst. Lesbian angst FTW.
Closed Thread