Notices

Old 2013-06-01, 20:46   Link #1581
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Spoiler for Next chap:
Old 2013-06-01, 22:47   Link #1582
Rainrir
Tin Can

It's not like Morga has ever been a fan of any Goi King, and Goi Kings are basically what caused the war to begin with...at least on the Kou side of things.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:42   Link #1583
ChampDream
Alive

just read the chapter, those household vessel are really powerful
Mogamett falling deeper into the black rukh
Aladdin and Alibaba didn't do much, except being surprise for everything that is going on
I think Marga will encourage Titus to go and help everybody and he is the one that will stop Mogamett with the help of Aladdin's Salomon wisdom
Old 2013-06-02, 22:57   Link #1584
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...013-first-half
Wait, Magi sells that well?
Old 2013-06-02, 23:39   Link #1585
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Never underestimate the marketing power of an anime adaptation ( Even if it's a half-baked adaptation ).

On the latest chap, I gotta say Kouen's household vessels surprise me. Up until now, most household vessels seems to have power that only concentrate on 1vs1 fight or not powerful enough to be on par with Kings' metal vessel. But those three seem to posses power that can rival other Kings' metal vessel ( Both in power and AoE ).

I expect next chapter to be a conversation between Alibaba and Kouen ( He canceled his Extreme Magic already ).
Old 2013-06-03, 00:15   Link #1586
Rainrir
Tin Can

Magi actually did better than FT, NOW I can see why Sunday (which had been struggling for a long time) is pulling all the stops and greenlighting the Sinbad spinoff. Them signing Hiromu Arukawa paid off to, even if Silver Spoon probably captures a different demographic than their typical age range...

Still, the inflated the sales this year probably reflect the anime effect (which doesn't apply to silver spoon)), I wonder if this chart is really reflective of Magi's actual sales. As far as I know, per-volume basis Magi sells around or slightly below Fairy Tail levels.

**cue rant

Spoiler:

I think Kouen's Houshold vessels should be called "the Kajiu Squad" now, or we can call Kouen "Lord Zedd"? Since his minions become huge...

Last edited by Rainrir; 2013-06-03 at 00:26.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 00:22   Link #1587
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Never underestimate the marketing power of an anime adaptation ( Even if it's a half-baked adaptation ).

On the latest chap, I gotta say Kouen's household vessels surprise me. Up until now, most household vessels seems to have power that only concentrate on 1vs1 fight or not powerful enough to be on par with Kings' metal vessel. But those three seem to posses power that can rival other Kings' metal vessel ( Both in power and AoE ).

I expect next chapter to be a conversation between Alibaba and Kouen ( He canceled his Extreme Magic already ).
I think the power of Kouen's household stems from the fact that they have those animal powers on top of the power that their household vessels give them.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 01:06   Link #1588
rickiminato

i think the kouen households vessels are same than sinbad but I think that when a kouen subordinates activating the power I think maybe it's a technique or the true power of household Vessels

imagine morgiana activating tthat and becoming in fenix
Old 2013-06-03, 03:54   Link #1589
Awrya
U mad?

Kouen's household had another incantation that no other household user has used, maybe household vessels are capable of something similar to djinn equip as well?
Though it could be because they're chimera's like the ones in Balbadd.

That last scene with Titus, feels like he'll sacrifice himself to stop Mogamett?
Old 2013-06-03, 06:58   Link #1590
shalala

Kouen's household vessels are strong given that they are chimera. As we have seen Chimera are strong but I think Kouen's ones are the compleate versions. Still what does their house hold powers do other then make them big and given them more strength? I wonder if Morga will die from black rukh overdose if that is possible. Still I'm feeling sorry for Titus and the little girl. What would happen to the little girl once Titus is gone? As for Magnostadt what going to happen to it after its leader is gone. Would be good if it was still running.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 08:26   Link #1591
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

I'm so glad that we get 2 magi chapter a week now. The main series and the Sinbad series.
Old 2013-06-03, 09:28   Link #1592
Diveman

man, for a whole month wait, they didn't really make it that hype. Still a decent chapter but, I was expecting some crazy stuff to happen.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 10:05   Link #1593
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kouen's household sure is impressive. He might not even have to fight.

Can't wait to see Scheherazade in action. A magi with 200+ years of experience must be capable of many things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Wow, I had no idea it was doing so well. The anime sure gave a great boost to the sales. Duckroll thinks the manga is going to end in a year... yeah, no way.
Old 2013-06-03, 13:43   Link #1594
shalala

I'm sooo glad that Partevia ended up falling given that they reallly do suck as a country. The way they treat the cillivans is down right stupid. Dragul (who I do hope has a long name as well) for the time being is a total douche. On a lighter note Sinbad has his father eyes. Plus just woken up face Yunan is awwww XD.
Old 2013-06-03, 14:21   Link #1595
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Paltevia is so far the worst nation we've seen in Magi, IMO.
Only thing that comes close to it is if Balbaad indeed became a slave export nation, but it was averted by our heroes.
Old 2013-06-03, 14:54   Link #1596
ChampDream
Alive

Partevia really is the worst country so far in the Magi world, but if you look it in a good way is because of being a horrible country that Sinbad establish Sindria.
I like the conversation between Yunan and Sinbad's mother and it seem that Yunan is secretly Sinbad's Magi
Old 2013-06-03, 22:10   Link #1597
marvelB

Yeah, there's pretty much no doubt that Partevia is a real hellhole. That's why I'm interested in seeing its inevitable downfall in a later chapter. Like what was the final straw that broke the camel's back for the war-obsessed nation? That's what I'd like to know.

Oh, and wasn't the magic teacher Myers originally from Partevia, as well? If so, I wonder if she'll make a cameo in the Sinbad story.....

As for the main series, one interesting thing I noticed this chapter was that Kouen can be seen stopping his soldiers from attacking Aladdin and Alibaba. So at least that shows he's not the impatient type who stabs first, then asks questions later. I wonder if Alibaba will try to convince him to relinquish his control over Balbadd.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 00:13   Link #1598
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

As bad as it is, we must remember that Pertevia still exist in Magi's current timeline. This means that Sindbad might actually saved it but he still left his country for creating Sindria.. And this raise the question: "Who is governing Partevia by now ? Is Partevia in alliance with Sindbad or it's still a retard country with retard logic ? "
Old 2013-06-04, 13:04   Link #1599
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, there's pretty much no doubt that Partevia is a real hellhole. That's why I'm interested in seeing its inevitable downfall in a later chapter. Like what was the final straw that broke the camel's back for the war-obsessed nation? That's what I'd like to know.

Oh, and wasn't the magic teacher Myers originally from Partevia, as well? If so, I wonder if she'll make a cameo in the Sinbad story.....

As for the main series, one interesting thing I noticed this chapter was that Kouen can be seen stopping his soldiers from attacking Aladdin and Alibaba. So at least that shows he's not the impatient type who stabs first, then asks questions later. I wonder if Alibaba will try to convince him to relinquish his control over Balbadd.....?
Myer and her Brother where from Partevia. IIRC they both went or fleed to Magnostadt as Partevia had fallen. Plus she was part of their army. Still Al Thaman has clearly going to have their little business shop in the Parteiva. Given that Zurmudd is also from Parteiva

I didn't noitce that about Kouen. Still I wouldn't be suprised if his sibblings had told him about Aladdin and Alibaba as both of them are in good terms with 3 of them plus Kouha. I want to know what type of man Kouen is. As we are have been told is bad by Sinbad and also cry baby mentioned something as well. He so far doesn't look like a bad person plus he too doesn't seem to like Al Thamen that much as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
As bad as it is, we must remember that Pertevia still exist in Magi's current timeline. This means that Sindbad might actually saved it but he still left his country for creating Sindria.. And this raise the question: "Who is governing Partevia by now ? Is Partevia in alliance with Sindbad or it's still a retard country with retard logic ? "
Its simple Al Thamen is governing it. Still I didn't know Pertevia was still around I thought it fell. How else would Sinbad come to hate Al Thamen then his village being burned down to a crisp all done by Al Thamen and his mother dying along with it seeing how he was holding onto someone. And it was stated I think that he has been dealing with them since he was young.
Old 2013-06-04, 20:18   Link #1600
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

In the pirate arc, Akita's captain mentioned that Magnoshutadt was conquering small neighbor countries and having conflict with larger countries, including: Reim Empire and the ex-empire Partevia. So I guess they're still around but they don't seem to posses much war power like before.

Last edited by hawkeyesvn; 2013-06-06 at 01:26.
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen