AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 05:04   Link #521
Lukeman1884

I just gave myself the biggest facepalm I've ever done. TIME. PARADOGS. MY GOD. It's as if the entire 2 episodes were there just to set up this pun.

So from what I gathered, the assistant stumbles onto the tea party where all the Watashis are talking about him, and uses that to define himself? I can get why that's considered cheating, since he's using the future Watashis who have already met him and know what he's like to tell him what he should be like. Fair enough, I suppose.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 05:36   Link #522
Xiammes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm not sure if Grandpa knows who that girl he met as a 13 year-old is or not. I think a case can be made either way.

In terms of continuity, it's almost surely 7, 8, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4.
He probably at least thinks she looks like the women he met, which is why he wanted to give the MC the watch.
Old 2012-08-20, 06:50   Link #523
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
1. where the hell is the sundial came from then?(paradox)?
It has no beginning. It has no end. MILLIONS OF YEARS AFTER YOUR CIVILIZATION HAS BEEN ERADICATED AND FORGOTTEN, IT WILL ENDURE.

*coughs* Sorry. Wrong universe. But anyway, the watch exists only within that space of time where it was stolen by the grandfather, kept until he gave it to Watashi, who wore it until it was stolen by the grandfather in the past. It was never created.

This sort of paradox (the Bootstrap Paradox, linked a few posts back) is not uncommon in time travel stories, and is quite often the cause of brain overloads by people who insist on thinking that things need to have a linear beginning and end.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:00   Link #524
novalysis

The fairies created the Sundial watch.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:04   Link #525
hilly
hilly

For someone who doesn't read the novel would not understand why there are many watashi
The reason is
Spoiler for novel spoiler:
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 07:40   Link #526
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this week ep

1st time zone bit more info on person to search mix of hercules & ares?
so main meet female doctor then slip banana to 2nd time just usual then slip banana again.
3rd time female doctor explain more on person after some search banana time again.
??? time area main female meet cowboy kids who touch main's "sweets" & kiss her cause give 13 want to have kids.
after some go around take her watch go to another woman slip time & that dog.
4th time bit confuse til slip 5th time after meeting of mains females another slip.
main & her grandpa finally meet the person in blue shirt with dogs everywhere.
so all check bring him in still carry a dog.
cause ta-da blue shirt just pull a ferb speak cause dog is a Time Paradogs?!

oh my 8eps already now likely wrap of this version endless 8 with 1st meet with Assistant now what else?

give only missing we this version this guy http://www.drawinghowtodraw.com/step...mr-crocker.png yea sure it would mu ha ha ha.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 10:42   Link #527
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... I'm still at a loss. Did Watashi remember what Assistant was really like in the tea party (unlike Doc or Grandpa who couldn't remember), or did she just put the impression of her grandpa's past onto him but with changes due to her tastes? So basically what I'm asking, was Assistant always was one who looked great in a Hawaiin shirt, or Assistant looks great in it because that was Watashi's impression of her grandpa? Not enough clues dammit.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:50   Link #528
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmm... I'm still at a loss. Did Watashi remember what Assistant was really like in the tea party (unlike Doc or Grandpa who couldn't remember), or did she just put the impression of her grandpa's past onto him but with changes due to her tastes? So basically what I'm asking, was Assistant always was one who looked great in a Hawaiin shirt, or Assistant looks great in it because that was Watashi's impression of her grandpa? Not enough clues dammit.
My take is this. Joshu was literally wandering the woods, searching for who he wanted to be. He stumbled across Watashitachi, having their bake party at the hearth. Watashi was looking for Joshu, just as Joshu was looking for himself. She had a memory of her run-in with "Doc" due to the faulty banana, and realized he was her Grandpa. She loves her Granpa and part of him became part of her image of Joshu-kun, but he's an idealized version - everything she loves about Grandpa, but with the other qualities she imagines are worthwhile. Joshu-kun found this notion was what he always wanted for himself, and he found his identity.

It's not a "shipping" thing per se, but I think it's kismet - there's a deep connection between Watashi and Assistant. He wanted to be the boy she imagined he would be, which was a product of the compassion she felt when she heard about his loneliness. The terrible and wonderful pun is the climax, but I think this is the point.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:57   Link #529
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's not a "shipping" thing per se
You're totally shipping and there's nothing wrong with it.

Speaking puns I can't believe I never heard of time paradogs pun before, it's such an easy one too.
Old 2012-08-20, 13:23   Link #530
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilly View Post
For someone who doesn't read the novel would not understand why there are many watashi
The reason is
Spoiler for novel spoiler:
Nah, the anime is enough to get that. They don't spell it out per se but the hints are too strong to not realize that that's the case.
Old 2012-08-20, 17:15   Link #531
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Nah, the anime is enough to get that. They don't spell it out per se but the hints are too strong to not realize that that's the case.
In general we can tell they're from the future, but not how, so the spoiler is helpful.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 19:43   Link #532
Midonin
Last Engage

End of the World Party 08 - [Feghoot]

I've been wanting to write a Feghoot for myself at some point, but the question of the matter is deciding what pun you want to end it on. These are the kinds of stories that are best written backwards. That said, I do find it interesting that unlike previous part twos, this isn't really a direct continuation from the previous installment, but rather expanding on what happened last time. I realize now that the only time I've ever seen Mai be non-sarcastic is when she was talking amongst herselves. With the additional detail we got on the Assistant, he kind of reminds me of Canby from The Phantom Tollbooth - someone who can be anything, being essentially undefined. The world of Jinrui is about as symbolic and pun filled as The Lands Beyond, and nearly as colorful. I'd wager Mai lives in the Doldrums, even though she lacks the lack of work ethic.

So the Assistant does have a voice. But actions speak louder than words, and the chronology of this series is all out of whack. Both within this arc and in general. But it is interesting to watch.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 22:14   Link #533
Lukeman1884

Wait, so does that mean that the assistant's personality is itself a time paradox? He defines his personality by what he hears from the Watashis who know his future self's personality, which is itself due to what he heard in the past about the future. The future assistant defines the past assistant, which then becomes the future assistant. Kinda like the sundial watch.

Speaking of which, Watashi technically just got felt up by her grandfather.

Also, that reminds me of something. Back in ep2, after the assistant tries to cheer the fairy up with that really creepy story book, Watashi wonders why he has that dark side, considering he's had a happy life. That confuses me, since I generally wouldn't consider being the last of your kind and spending most of your life alone without anyone to even teach you how to talk a happy life.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 22:35   Link #534
chaos_animagic

so... the fairy's clone solution is a time slip that gather up past and future Watashis in one place so the fairies can have unlimited cake?... smart little beings...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 23:41   Link #535
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Also, that reminds me of something. Back in ep2, after the assistant tries to cheer the fairy up with that really creepy story book, Watashi wonders why he has that dark side, considering he's had a happy life. That confuses me, since I generally wouldn't consider being the last of your kind and spending most of your life alone without anyone to even teach you how to talk a happy life.
but isn't his life with MC and her grandfather happy?
Old 2012-08-21, 01:44   Link #536
Dawnstorm

Assistant is the missing link between humans and faeries. (Remember how last episode, she saw a dog, and then a man, and then a dog? I'd say his identity was that fluid...)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 02:34   Link #537
Blaat

I thought the 'man' Watashi saw in the previous episode was herself.
Old 2012-08-21, 07:15   Link #538
whitecloud

so...basically from the novel, the banana from this episode is being planted?...and the happy happy land still exist ?since the fairy said the discontinuity stopped..

so there are several paradox...the sundial and the information hint...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 09:47   Link #539
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
You're correct. This episode also kind of confirmed it. Every time someone goes through a time paradox, the universe rectifies by creating a time paradog.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:45   Link #540
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
You're correct. This episode also kind of confirmed it. Every time someone goes through a time paradox, the universe rectifies by creating a time paradog.
Heh, there you go. My powers of making whacky and totally off theories hasn't relented.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen