AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 19:19   Link #1
lalala123

Anyody use Road Runner?

Anybody use Road Runner High Speed Online?

from what i know the download speed is 5mb and upload is 348Kbps

If you use Road Runner, is the speed staple? how fast is it? does it ever reach 5mb download? how often does it reach?

I have 3mb dsl and it always reach the top speed when i am download a torrent where it is well seeder. it even reach the top speed when there are only 10 seeders and 10 peers.

So what do you think of Road Runner? is it worth getting it? should i just keep my 3mb dsl?

How is road runner's service? is it up all the time? or does it go download allot? for 4 years i used dsl it only went down for 2 times and not for long too.

Thank you
lalala123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 00:19   Link #2
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

http://www.dslreports.com/

Go to that website, look up how RR been performing in your area. Upon my personal experience with RR when I was in upstate NY two years ago it has been great. No problems with speed.
Kimura-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 01:09   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala123 View Post
Anybody use Road Runner High Speed Online?

from what i know the download speed is 5mb and upload is 348Kbps

If you use Road Runner, is the speed staple? how fast is it? does it ever reach 5mb download? how often does it reach?

I have 3mb dsl and it always reach the top speed when i am download a torrent where it is well seeder. it even reach the top speed when there are only 10 seeders and 10 peers.

So what do you think of Road Runner? is it worth getting it? should i just keep my 3mb dsl?

How is road runner's service? is it up all the time? or does it go download allot? for 4 years i used dsl it only went down for 2 times and not for long too.

Thank you

I don't know how to answer this question with any mathematical logic, but I had Road Runner for all of 2006 when I lived in Houston and it is as fast as that girl in High School whose name is written all over the boys bathroom wall...Basically it's fast as $hit and if you had rinky-dink DSL for 4 years you should dive buck-naked into a cavern of sun-exploding hot lava if that's what it takes to get Road Runner high speed which is lightning rods faster...Only thing faster I've had is Cox high Speed, but the *beep beep* variety is a close second....

(Most well seeded bt's will dl incredibly fast w/RR--ofcourse you have to open ports and make it an exception in your firewall to get the optimum connection available...I'm sure some nerd much smarter than myself can help you with that if need be^^....)
Old 2007-03-06, 04:55   Link #4
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

just is sidenote question since were on the subject of internet and dsl. delete this post if its conssidered off topic.

but i was wondering when they say 5mb or 3mb, do u guys actually dl at 3-5mb per second? i mean thats effing FAST!! imagine all the por.....i mean anime and etc u can dl in just a matter of hours, even minutes? i personally have 1.5mb dsl sbc connection, and compared to my friends, who get 200k even at their slowest speeds in BT, i cant even top 50k?!? is there something from with my connection or do i need to open certain ports or wut (i use a router btw), or should i just jump on the 3-5mb bandwagon?
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 09:52   Link #5
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Ver 2 View Post
just is sidenote question since were on the subject of internet and dsl. delete this post if its conssidered off topic.

but i was wondering when they say 5mb or 3mb, do u guys actually dl at 3-5mb per second? i mean thats effing FAST!! imagine all the por.....i mean anime and etc u can dl in just a matter of hours, even minutes? i personally have 1.5mb dsl sbc connection, and compared to my friends, who get 200k even at their slowest speeds in BT, i cant even top 50k?!? is there something from with my connection or do i need to open certain ports or wut (i use a router btw), or should i just jump on the 3-5mb bandwagon?
You might have a torrent with crappy seeds there. Also i think when they say 3-5 mb/s they mean mbits (1 mb = 8 mbits)
Usually opening ports gets you higher upload speeds ( usually dl speed increases as your upload does , when it gets to torrents) .
I have been using a 8 mbit dl / 2 mbit ul connection for about 5 years now and i can't really complain. With torrents i rarely hit max dl speed but the upload is always as high as possible. Sometimes your connection has a set amount of bandwidth, which is distributed between upload and download so your upload might be eating away your download as it is usually set as a priority.
If you desperately feel the need to upgrade your connection, id say go for it if you got the cash.
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote