Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-08-26, 08:42   Link #701
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
does anyone know the exact date when they change from winter to summer and from summer to winter uniforms in Japan? or atleased the month, i know that summer -> winter is in Oktober from winter to summer i have no idea
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 19:14   Link #702
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Hey i have some urgent question...

Last week when i go to my homecity, i cleaned up my house and i found a large sapphire stone (not jewelry), it weight around 200-300gr. I don't quite know about the quality maybe it's fair-poor quality (still raw maybe?)... so, how much i can sell it?

Thanks...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 23:05   Link #703
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by furuno View Post
Hey i have some urgent question...

Last week when i go to my homecity, i cleaned up my house and i found a large sapphire stone (not jewelry), it weight around 200-300gr. I don't quite know about the quality maybe it's fair-poor quality (still raw maybe?)... so, how much i can sell it?

Thanks...
It is a sapphire just to reaffirm it again correct? And when you mean "quality" does that mean it's a unshaped sapphire correct, facetless other than the orginals? Cause everything effects the price of it. I couldn't really find an exact price for it with my useless searching skills but here's something to get you started ^_^ (purpler sapphire are worth less than bluer ones)

Here's a little mini guide to help you find the price of it -

Quote:
Val = (L0 + L1 * W) * W * C1 * C2 * C3 * C4

Where

L0, L1 – linear “price per carat” trend for selected gemstone variety,

W – weight,

C1 – color coefficient,

C2 – clarity coefficient,

C3 – quality of cut coefficient.

C4 – shape coefficient (for some gemstone types).
---

Today I found how hard photography was ^_^. But it was rather exciting just sitting there in the concrete shooting random images of the night sky. Here's my night shot photos of the moon this night. I found that using flash greatly cleared the image even though I was shooting in night shot earlier, but I got a big whiteish yellow blob. (i was using my sis's 7.2 mega pixel Sony Cybershot ^_^, it was rather hard trying to not shake with that little camera.

Spoiler:

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-27 at 23:19.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 02:02   Link #704
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Today I found how hard photography was ^_^. But it was rather exciting just sitting there in the concrete shooting random images of the night sky. Here's my night shot photos of the moon this night. I found that using flash greatly cleared the image even though I was shooting in night shot earlier, but I got a big whiteish yellow blob. (i was using my sis's 7.2 mega pixel Sony Cybershot ^_^, it was rather hard trying to not shake with that little camera.
Advice for dark-scene photography (or using night modes): don't hold the camera. Prop it against something, push the picture button and then don't touch it. If you don't have a tripid, use something else - I've put my camera on the ground (angled against something) and also placed it on my car roof. A possible reason why using the flash "cleared the image" is because it generated more light, which caused the camera to reduce the exposure time (the amount of time that the shutter was open - the longer it's open, the more light it takes in, but the more sensitive it is to motion). If you really want to capture the atmosphere of things, don't use the flash, if you can help it. Using the flash when objects are very far away may not have an effect, but it could also illuminate nearby objects and draw the focus away from what you were really after.
Old 2007-08-28, 09:53   Link #705
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I've got a question: How do I unsubscribe a sub-forum? Note: that's a sub-forum, not a thread.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 10:05   Link #706
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Go to the forum, then...
Forum Tools » Unsubscribe
Old 2007-08-28, 10:53   Link #707
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Doh. Not the most intuitive way to do it. I certainly didn't think of it while working within the User CP. Thanks!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 04:24   Link #708
Krispy

Send a message via Yahoo to Krispy
How can i download Gif from this forum ?

I used search but didnt worked ! Can some1 help me ?
Krispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 05:25   Link #709
Bri-N
@_@;

Right click the image and click Save Image As... unless if you're talking about something else but I wouldn't suggest using the avatars here on another forum unless if you have their permission :P
Bri-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 05:36   Link #710
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Question... Why do John Smith always be considered as dupe?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 13:51   Link #711
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Question... Why do John Smith always be considered as dupe?
John Smith is arguably one of the best-known figures in American history, as he gained fame during the colonial period of England. I'm no historian (you can Wikipedia this for yourself later) but he was most famously portrayed in Disney's Pocahontas - the truth behind that is probably pretty thin, but if I remember right, he did actually marry her. So you could say that he was the first to break social expectations by marrying/becoming intimate with a foreign culture. Either way, people understand that this is a person from history, and a name.

Perhaps the other reason would just be that John Smith is a relatively plain name - not exactly common, but not something that'll leave you wondering whether it's a word you don't understand. There are other names like it, but John Smith is the most common. As such, it's the simplest way to get the point across (first name, last name formats, etc.)
Old 2007-08-31, 13:55   Link #712
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

That movie was awesome.
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 19:41   Link #713
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Okay here's another :
Japanese people says "mail" for messaging in their cellphone, is this refer to text message (SMS) or e-mail?

If it's email does it mean that most cellphones in Japan has push mail service? Ow i want that....

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 22:09   Link #714
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
John Smith is arguably one of the best-known figures in American history, as he gained fame during the colonial period of England. I'm no historian (you can Wikipedia this for yourself later) but he was most famously portrayed in Disney's Pocahontas - the truth behind that is probably pretty thin, but if I remember right, he did actually marry her. So you could say that he was the first to break social expectations by marrying/becoming intimate with a foreign culture. Either way, people understand that this is a person from history, and a name.

Perhaps the other reason would just be that John Smith is a relatively plain name - not exactly common, but not something that'll leave you wondering whether it's a word you don't understand. There are other names like it, but John Smith is the most common. As such, it's the simplest way to get the point across (first name, last name formats, etc.)
I thought that the other John which I don't know/remember the last name of him actually married Pocahontas, didn't he?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-09-01, 02:01   Link #715
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I thought that the other John which I don't know/remember the last name of him actually married Pocahontas, didn't he?
Correct, she apparently married John Rolfe. I'm a science student whose knowledge of history has been distorted by Disney, shame shame...
Old 2007-09-01, 03:09   Link #716
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Correct, she apparently married John Rolfe. I'm a science student whose knowledge of history has been distorted by Disney, shame shame...
Hahaha ^_^, I knew I wasn't remembering the wrong thing. Ya should have watched the 2nd Pocahontas too.

Old 2007-09-12, 07:10   Link #717
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Can some one tell me how to take a picture of my desktop with all ithe icons....I new once but have forgotten
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 07:19   Link #718
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Press the PrtScrn button above Insert.
Then go to pain hit Ctrl+V and save it as a JPG.
Old 2007-09-12, 08:05   Link #719
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

humm ok so when I press "print scr" is it spoused to do something?
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 09:55   Link #720
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No, but if you go to Ms Paint and hit paste you'll see your desktop when you hit PrtScrn.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious