AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 15:52   Link #1061
mironicus

Spoiler:

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-16 at 03:10.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:31   Link #1062
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

True, but Yozora is still here and I don't think that the novel series itself is going to end without some closure to Yozora's situation with Kodaka (and ignoring the problem is not closure).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 16:47   Link #1063
mironicus

We have to wait for this... the last volume took 9 months to be released, the author was very sick.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:54   Link #1064
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Spoiler:
... where the hell did it say that? Flipping through the last few pages I definitely don't see him saying that...
Spoiler for 'Taka':

Kodaka didn't get stronger. He got weaker, at least according to himself.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 03:07   Link #1065
mironicus

I am sorry! I must have misread it. I had the pages scanned with OCR and tried to translate them with Google Translator and I have gone through it some days ago so at least I could squeeze out some information out of it. Mostly it's just rubbish and not clear and the order of words of the translation were hard to understand. Some sentences however were just clear (for example the last sentence about replying the confession).

About Sena's feelings after the confession:

Spoiler:

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-16 at 04:56.
Old 2012-07-16, 23:26   Link #1066
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

No, can't really see Sena doing that. Sena is not the type of person to back down

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 09:12   Link #1067
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
... where the hell did it say that? Flipping through the last few pages I definitely don't see him saying that...
Spoiler for 'Taka':

Kodaka didn't get stronger. He got weaker, at least according to himself.
I wonder when someone would bluntly point out that Kodaka's Self-effacing nature is one day going to look like over-righteous humility.

Spoiler for Response to Taka Spoiler:

That being said, this dimension of Hagani is very interesting - rarely do harem protagonists reflect at how improbable and unworthy they are of being one. That alone raises Kodaka above the hordes of generic male Harem leads.

It is interesting that Rika reaches out to him in the most blunt of fashions. At the same time, I wonder why Sena's interactions with Kodaka seems the most natural and spontaneous out of the entire cast. I think it eats Yozora inside.

Is it coincidence that the Hagani PSP game seemed to delve into the outcome of the Rika route that elaborately? Seriously, if Rika had controlled her more bizarre fetishistic urges, she'd be ahead of Sena right now.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-07-21 at 05:44.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:54   Link #1068
mironicus

Quote:
I wonder when someone would bluntly point out that Kodaka's Self-effacing nature is one day going to look like over-righteous humility.
Kodaka's kind side is also his biggest flaw. He is always giving but he reject to receive anything. He had to take care of his sister his whole life. He had to take responsibility in a form that is just too much for a kid and that formed his personality. Outside his home he is convicted to a be delinquent while at home he always receives affection and smiles from his sister if he cook for her and he does everything to make her happy. So his whole life is just characterized by that he only can achieve happiness if he take care of/help others. He is not selfish in any way. He tries to make everyone happy and that is his main problem.

If he chooses a girlfriend from the group it is important for him that no one has a problem with it (so he also needs Yozora's approval).

Quote:
I wonder why Sena's interactions with Kodaka seems the most natural and spontaneous out of the entire cast
Because there is good chemistry between them and they complement each other very well.
Kodaka accepted Sena right from the very beginning. She never had to do anything special to get close to him, just being herself. While the other girls are quiet confused and are always trying to find out how to approach him, Sena doesn't even have to care about that. She also has much luck - like in the King Game where they were about to kiss (Kodakas willingness to kiss her without any resistance speaks for itself). And also their shopping date where Sena was alone with him was just pure luck.

If Sena approaches someone, she comes very close to you and looks straight into your face and in your eyes (look at Episode 3 right before the swimming date). That is Sena's special ability to easily gain trust from others and that worked flawlessly on Kodaka. Her father Pegasus is also like this (seeks closeness). Sena's and Kodaka's fathers are best friends, and so they inherited some of their abilities so it seems just natural that there is a good chemistry and no much barriers between them. If Kodaka talks to Sena she always gives him her full attention - as long as Kobato is not around (look at the chapter "Born princess"). Sena is able to adapt towards Kodaka because he let her come closer to him. At the shopping date he answered all her questions about Kobato and then he redirected the topic and started to talk more about himself. He really seems to be interested in her and he wants her to give him more attention - instead of always thinking about Kobato.

For a loner to accept another person there are much obstacles to take because there is always the question "Can I trust her?" in his mind. Kodaka does not accept other people so easily (he is friendly, but also distant). He does not accept Rika's approaches as long she does not change her behaviour (just changing her outfit doesn't help) and starts to adapt towards him. Rika however does not want to change her behaviour for him because she is proud of it and so they don't fit as a possible couple. It can take years before a loner starts to accept a partner fully.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-17 at 13:52.
Old 2012-07-17, 22:29   Link #1069
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Sena gets along well with Kodaka cause she's the most outgoing of the entire cast and most semi-normalish. She also genuinely wants to have friends as seen by how she's the ONLY person who actually joins the neighbors club for that reason, another sign of her outgoing personality. Everyone else was basically "meh, it's fine being by myself"

Another thing I want to point out is that during the shopping date, notice how it's Sena that Kodaka asks 'so...how do you(neighbors club) feel about yozora being my childhood friend?'. It's got some potential romantic subtext in it as well and can be taken as 'how does sena herself feel about it?'

Old 2012-07-19, 00:30   Link #1070
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Sena gets along well with Kodaka cause she's the most outgoing of the entire cast and most semi-normalish. She also genuinely wants to have friends as seen by how she's the ONLY person who actually joins the neighbors club for that reason, another sign of her outgoing personality. Everyone else was basically "meh, it's fine being by myself"

Another thing I want to point out is that during the shopping date, notice how it's Sena that Kodaka asks 'so...how do you(neighbors club) feel about yozora being my childhood friend?'. It's got some potential romantic subtext in it as well and can be taken as 'how does sena herself feel about it?'
and i liked how she shouted at them,digusted,how they were pathetic-to go back so soon,withouth achieving anything,and have fun like friend are suposed to do.

Last edited by azziz; 2012-07-19 at 06:15.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 04:03   Link #1071
mironicus

Quote:
Notice how it's Sena that Kodaka asks 'so...how do you(neighbors club) feel about yozora being my childhood friend?'.
Kodaka asks her that.

Quote:
I hesitated a bit, but then said——

"Umm... W-what do you think about me and Yozora being friends a long time ago?"

I timidly asked about the thing that had been on my mind ever since the rest of the club members found out about it.

"Hm? It's no big deal."

Sena answered me in an incredibly trivial tone of voice.
With her answer - that reflects his own opinion she raised a flag on him.

About "raising flags" - just think the other around which girls raises the most Kodaka flags.

While Sena faced Yozora in Vol. 7 that she should finally get over her past, she also raised some flags, because Kodaka don't have the guts to confront Yozora himself. While he always runs away from his problems, and pretend not to hear and not to see, Sena is straight and comes to the point. She actually faces problems and tries to solve them. This is the reason why she can lead a carefree-life for the most time.

She has traits that Kodaka lacks of and he admires her for that (those later chapters of Vol. 7 are not translated yet). In a possible partnership she will always kick his butt to come out of his shell (and cheer him up if he feels down) and she won't tolerate his attitude to run away from problems.
Old 2012-07-21, 03:18   Link #1072
mironicus

Vexed released another chapter of Haganai "The second time". That's exactly the chapter I was talking about in my recent post.

Quote:
"Are you deaf!? I said that crap doesn't matter! Quit living in the past and do what you have to do now, in the present!"

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-07-21 at 19:28. Reason: Letting others know the chapter is out is fine, but please don't link to BT.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:21   Link #1073
Aeshma

Wow, you don´t see Yozora meltdown that often.
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:25   Link #1074
the p-man
President of Pedo-Bears

I swear, the posts in this thread is good enough for the Boku wa Tomodachi wiki.
Keep going guys ! I'll use your sources more in the future ! >
the p-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:27   Link #1075
Sixth
Hu Tao

Ummmm...didn't read the entire thread, but is Sena losing?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:08   Link #1076
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Ummmm...didn't read the entire thread, but is Sena losing?
She probably will loose. Sena is strong enough to take care of herself but Yozora really needs Kodaka's help. Yozora is still obsessed with Kodaka being her childhood friend and she is unable to have a normal relationship. He will take responsibility for leaving her alone ten years ago. So I guess he will remain at her side.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:13   Link #1077
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Again, I hope not because that's a really horrible execution of the plot. Yozora should be mentally healthy AND happy. Kodaka choosing her will not help her in any way. Ideally, Yozora should become like the one in the plus manga, where she grows up and goes "Kodaka, you're my bro. I'm behind you all the way" as a FRIEND instead of being clingy. And yes, I think she's clingy especially after the latest chapter that was just released.

It's very telling that Yozora thinks of the neighbors club as "two + lots of other people" ; the two being her and Kodaka of course. I don't know, it feels like she doesn't even think of them as friends and it might be her that has the most difficulty making friends in the end.

Old 2012-07-21, 12:44   Link #1078
mironicus

Quote:
Again, I hope not because that's a really horrible execution of the plot. Yozora should be mentally healthy AND happy. Kodaka choosing her will not help her in any way.
Yozora is indirectly implying to him "I need you." again and again. It's Kodaka's biggest strength and weakness that he cares more about others than himself. So he might be even able to sacrifice his own luck and happiness because he takes others burden.

Quote:
Ideally, Yozora should become like the one in the plus manga, where she grows up and goes "Kodaka, you're my bro. I'm behind you all the way" as a FRIEND instead of being clingy.
Well, Yozora is very stubborn in the Light Novel. In the last released chapter Sena received all the anger from her after addressing her "problem" (the other members are afraid of her). Yozora becomes small and narrow-chested - and still she can't stop to cling to it.

Maybe it's the combination of both that will help her: Sena actually approaches her problems directly, and that gives Kodaka the opportunity to talk about it with Yozora. The last scene between them felt like a parent talking to a stubborn child.

Quote:
It's very telling that Yozora thinks of the neighbors club as "two + lots of other people" ; the two being her and Kodaka of course. I don't know, it feels like she doesn't even think of them as friends
The neighbors club was intended to be a "Place where I can be close to Kodaka". Rika and Yukimura also joined because of him and had romantically intentions. Yozora's definition is not wrong, because the girls are love rivals first. If Kodaka leaves the club and no one attends any more it is clear that they are not really friends.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-23 at 06:42.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:29   Link #1079
darkvader68

Alright you'll have to forgive me just started this and what not. At this time Sena seems to be winning at this time Ive just started vol 7... So then what the chance of it ending up as no one get together?
darkvader68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 20:41   Link #1080
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Pretty decent. After all Kodaka himself says 'It's not a girlfriend I want, I WANT FRIENDS"

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen