AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Prologue of Disturbance (Volume 21) Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-11, 15:25   Link #341
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
oh, that what actually happen but when i think his son also 1 out of 7 sage is hilarious.

Em you mean just by lookat the first time or after see his performance?
See? it's just unthinkable he would share it to his son
Erika "knew" it after seeing his performance, but she knew some of Yaguruma's basic ability after a single glance.
She said Saburou's trained well with knife instead of sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Odin93 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out.

Admittedly when I was writing the summary for Chapter 2 near the begging of the third part, I was still thinking about the confidential report Tatsuya had received via email about what happened with Gouki from Chapter 1, where the invasion of Okinawa and Sado are mentioned from five years back as narration.

Sorry that I put something in that didn't make any sense.
Oh, temporary lapse, it happens a lot.

For the report, Tatsuya made a slight curious remark that now he's officially a Yotsuba, not to mention Maya's son, the other head family reported to him dutifully.

Last edited by mashingan; 2017-03-12 at 04:31.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 06:53   Link #342
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
For the report, Tatsuya made a slight curious remark that now he's officially a Yotsuba, not to mention Maya's son, the other head family reported to him dutifully.
Hurm?? sorry, i dont understand this one.
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 10:01   Link #343
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Hurm?? sorry, i dont understand this one.
Well, this is the first time he got a report from branch head family.
Before his ascension to a Yotsuba from a guardian, never got a report.
All he got was order.
Old 2017-03-13, 11:58   Link #344
zerosum

Quote:
Well, this is the first time he got a report from branch head family.
Before his ascension to a Yotsuba from a guardian, never got a report.
All he got was order.
Lol, that just feel weird
hurm, wonder what kind of report he got
Old 2017-03-13, 13:59   Link #345
Y33Zi
The Devil of Rhine

What's the deal with Masaki? Did he hook up with Miyuki? Haven't caught up to the recent volumes
Y33Zi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 16:17   Link #346
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y33Zi View Post
What's the deal with Masaki? Did he hook up with Miyuki? Haven't caught up to the recent volumes
Of course he hasn't. Miyuki is engaged to tatsuya. He might be just a sore loser?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 00:07   Link #347
Kotaro kunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y33Zi View Post
He had a "date" with Miyuki in Vol 19. He asked Tatsuya and the latter gave him permission.
Kotaro kunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 08:43   Link #348
bakato

Summary update. I really don't like this Tooyama.
Old 2017-03-22, 13:56   Link #349
zerosum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Summary update. I really don't like this Tooyama.
Her name is Tsukasa Tooyama and wonder what the hell is she trying to do

Im feel more bad at Tatsuya than before now everyone want to get rid of him

Hurm do you think his family will be aid him or not? I think no.....

Thanks @Lord_Odin93 for summaries

I think someone mention in this thread that this volume might be redux from volume 9 but for my opinion is this arc probably redux of whole idea from volume 1 and forward to volume 9 or even beyond.

Shiina and saburou conversation in chapter 3 really hilarious but Saburou a bit honest+dense just like Tatsuya make a wrong call infront of Shiina except Tatsuya make a right call(maybe).

he should say to shiina like his senpai did:
Spoiler for Tatsuya from Volume 1:
Old 2017-03-22, 16:13   Link #350
bakato

Quote:
Her name is Tsukasa Tooyama and wonder what the hell is she trying to do

Im feel more bad at Tatsuya than before now everyone want to get rid of him

Hurm do you think his family will be aid him or not? I think no.....

Thanks @Lord_Odin93 for summaries

I think someone mention in this thread that this volume might be redux from volume 9 but for my opinion is this arc probably redux of whole idea from volume 1 and forward to volume 9 or even beyond.

Shiina and saburou conversation in chapter 3 really hilarious but Saburou a bit honest+dense just like Tatsuya make a wrong call infront of Shiina except Tatsuya make a right call(maybe).

he should say to shiina like his senpai did:
Spoiler for Tatsuya from Volume 1:
I know her name. I didn't like Masaki before, but now I just outright hate him. He wants to marry Miyuki, but he doesn't even trust someone from her family?
Old 2017-03-22, 23:33   Link #351
Aika Natsume

Tsukasa is up for some big trouble if she continues sniffing to Yotsuba dark secrets. Was it mentioned why she was so interested about it??? She could be from dahan or was she from the 18 asst houses?

Yuuka was revealed to be a magician of the Yotsuba, and Masaki doesnt trust her lol. If only he knows Yuuka is one the heirs of the Yotsuba branches.

Do they know that Yuuka is using MI to Gouki?
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 02:36   Link #352
kenga

can you pm me link for summary?
kenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 06:21   Link #353
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Tsukasa is up for some big trouble if she continues sniffing to Yotsuba dark secrets. Was it mentioned why she was so interested about it??? She could be from dahan or was she from the 18 asst houses?
She's from the 18 assistant house and she isn't sniffing the Yotsuba secrets. She's someone who believe magicians should work and be loyal to Japan and she wants to know if the Yotsuba are loyal or not.
azarhal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 10:37   Link #354
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
I didn't like Masaki before, but now I just outright hate him. He wants to marry Miyuki, but he doesn't even trust someone from her family?
Can't be helped about that, Yotsuba like secrecy after all and it's just known for all magician in Japan that Yotsuba's works mainly undergrounds job.
It's natural for Masaki to wary, actually even Mizuki for the first time heard that Tatsuya and Miyuki from Yotsuba she's kinda confused and scared but in the end, the power of NAKAMA certainly triumph above anything else

Apart from Yotsuba or not, MI usage to undefended people is certainly has its own risk. So it's just natural for him to worry about it, maybe because he worries so he' wary

Quote:
Yuuka was revealed to be a magician of the Yotsuba, and Masaki doesnt trust her lol. If only he knows Yuuka is one the heirs of the Yotsuba branches.

No, Ichijou certainly don't know that Yuuka is magician from Yotsuba. What certain is the fact that it's Yotsuba who find them an unlicensed doctor (Tsukuba) for Ichijou.

Yes, they know that's why Masaki was worry about it. But before Yotsuba helping them, Ichijou family quite lost about how to heal Gouki.
Old 2017-03-23, 14:59   Link #355
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I know her name. I didn't like Masaki before, but now I just outright hate him. He wants to marry Miyuki, but he doesn't even trust someone from her family?
Trusting Miyuki doesn't mean one should trust every member of the Yotsuba, especially not the members that she has no authority over.
Old 2017-03-23, 21:20   Link #356
bakato

Quote:

She was ordered to by the anti-Saeki faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
She's from the 18 assistant house and she isn't sniffing the Yotsuba secrets. She's someone who believe magicians should work and be loyal to Japan and she wants to know if the Yotsuba are loyal or not.
She was ordered to investigate Tatsuya specifically. She's a dumb bitch. What has Japan done for Tatsuya lately?

Quote:
Can't be helped about that, Yotsuba like secrecy after all and it's just known for all magician in Japan that Yotsuba's works mainly undergrounds job.
It's natural for Masaki to wary, actually even Mizuki for the first time heard that Tatsuya and Miyuki from Yotsuba she's kinda confused and scared but in the end, the power of NAKAMA certainly triumph above anything else

Apart from Yotsuba or not, MI usage to undefended people is certainly has its own risk. So it's just natural for him to worry about it, maybe because he worries so he' wary

No, Ichijou certainly don't know that Yuuka is magician from Yotsuba. What certain is the fact that it's Yotsuba who find them an unlicensed doctor (Tsukuba) for Ichijou.

Yes, they know that's why Masaki was worry about it. But before Yotsuba helping them, Ichijou family quite lost about how to heal Gouki.
While it's understandable to have difficulty trusting someone who's very secretive, it's no reason to fear or despise them. Especially, considering Yuuka's helping Gouki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Trusting Miyuki doesn't mean one should trust every member of the Yotsuba, especially not the members that she has no authority over.
I didn't say anything about trusting Miyuki. He harbors distrust towards the Yotsuba family because they're secretive. Fine. Then naturally, this distrust should also extend to Miyuki who is the heir to the family. Yet he is trying to marry her because he "loves" her. He's biased and it only strengthens the fact that he knows squat about Miyuki.
Old 2017-03-24, 04:01   Link #357
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
While it's understandable to have difficulty trusting someone who's very secretive, it's no reason to fear or despise them. Especially, considering Yuuka's helping Gouki.
I think it's more "wary about unknown".

Masaki or Ichijou family still didn't know that Tsukuba have direct connection with Yotsuba. Also MI user always scary is many ways, because the nature of MI magic sometimes is unknown. So it's "wary about unknown" again.

But his father, Gouki, prudent enough to discard that small "worry" by saying to Masaki, "If you worry about this continuously, it won't end. Since we've no lead, we have no other choice except to believe in her."
Old 2017-03-24, 12:24   Link #358
azarhal

Quote:
She was ordered to by the anti-Saeki faction.

She was ordered to investigate Tatsuya specifically. She's a dumb bitch. What has Japan done for Tatsuya lately?
There is no anti-Saeki faction mentioned in the volume and she wants to test the loyalty of Yotsuba, it's not about investigating anything or finding secrets. Her plan was (is) to see how Tatsuya and Miyuki would react if a fellow school council member was kidnapped.

Being loyal to your country is mentioned often in the volume and not just by Japaneses characters. It looks to be a theme going forward too.
azarhal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36   Link #359
TrueAlchemist

Tsukasa's target is Tatsuya not Miyuki or Yotsuba.
When Tsukasa visited Juumonji's house, what she primary asked, was about Tatsuya.
After communicating with Mitsuya Shiina, Tsukasa even stated, "I obtained a good pawn to test "him"."

The key theme in the volume is about the dilemma between being loyal to one's country and being loyal to one's government. Normally, we would see the country and the government as the same entity. But, the author is introducing the new view where separates the government from the country.

Examples in vol.21
1. Tsukasa wants to know whether Tatsuya would be loyal to Japanese military or not.
2. Based on Tsukasa's conversation with Juumonji, it can be assumed she is more loyal to the military than the country.
3. Kazama does not believe the Japanese military's interest is always the same as the country's interest. Based on his decision to distance 101 battalion from Tatsuya in order to avoid the military from freely using material bust, we can assume, Kamaza is more loyal to his country than the military.
4. Edward Clark is loyal to his country (USNA) not the government. He thinks, ones who can dominate (rule) the world is USNA and Edward's allies.

In this volume, we got the new player. Tooyama Clan. Just like Yotsuba, this clan is also specialized in underworld operations, but they only work for the military. And, Tooyama also has very powerful figure (sponsor) who controls Military's intelligence agency on their back. So, in vol.22 we may see Yotsuba vs. Tooyama and Todou Aoba vs. Tooyama's sponsor.

Another interesting thing would be Edward Clark's perspective on Tatsuya. Edward calls people who isolated Tatsuya, "ignorant" while agreeing on opinions by young magicians in the meeting regarding "silent majority"; the idea is that there are silent majority of people who support magicians. And, Edward also thinks people in USNA also do not express their opinions loudly. He also thinks, it may be a good opportunity to remove the country(USNA)'s greatest threat.Personally, the greatest threat from Edward's monologue seems to be anti-magician movement.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; Yesterday at 10:36.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11   Link #360
Blakegriffin89

I haven't read past Vol.18, so most of my info comes from spoilers/summaries of Vol.19-21. So my info may be wrong, since it comes from second hand sources. Doesn't Edward Clark consider Tatsuya as the USNA's greatest threat?? I thought that is why he has been so pre-occupied with him in Vol.20-21, according to spoilers I've read. On the subject of the Tooyama's sponsor, I think that it may very well be Aoba. If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in one of the previous volumes that the Yotsuba wasn't the only clan/party that Aoba sponsors. This may be some sort of test that Aoba set-up to get some answers into the intentions, loyalties, and personality of Tatsuya. If I remember correctly, when Aoba and Yakumo where talking in the 10 Master Clans arc, it was implied that Aoba has great interest in Tatsuya. Aoba may very well know most of if not all of Tatsuya's abilities, but I doubt that Aoba knows much about Tatsuya's loyalties, personalities, goals, ideologies, and so on. Anyways, I believe the next couple volumes have a lot of potential to be very good.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote