AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-11-08, 23:04   Link #1
MeWuvULongTime

Talking guy likes girl but girl doesn't like guy

Hi Im new this is my first thread ever so please be nice
but i've been recently looking for anime/manga with this preference and keep getting these answers
todara, i cannot spell (not really what i want, anime was ok)
hetoki, incorrect spelling again srry
masion ikk~~ something
special A (not what im looking for sorry)
maid-sama, (i forgot whole name but seen it like it, but not what im looking for)
oh and suzuka, Really good, something exactly like this would be perfect <3

i just really like where the guy has to struggle and/or she likes someone else, but when she realize it was him alll along, and sees him with someone else and get jealous, omfg Lol! something similar to that plz

something that mainly evolves around guy mature/adult is ook

Im sorry im being picky but i've been searching this for awhile and i either get muhsy shoujos or something completely off

Thats all, thank you for taking the time out to read/comment i really appreciate it for my first time
MeWuvULongTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 23:23   Link #2
jedinat

Well, I suggest you give the manga Maison Ikkoku another try. It's good. (anime is too long/slow for me though).
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-08, 23:44   Link #3
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Do you have a more thorough list of the series you have seen, like a MA, Anime-Planet or Hummingbird account wherein we could get a better idea of series you like, dislike, or have already seen?
Old 2015-11-09, 02:39   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun starts out like that. Guy confesses to girl, she doesn't feel the same (or doesn't know what she feels) then her feelings start to change. I didn't finish the show but I'm sure they got together in the end.
Old 2015-11-09, 12:46   Link #5
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If you liked Suzuka, then why not A Town Where You Live? Like the amount of effort the main MC tries to get back with the girl is absolutely tremendous, spanning years within the entirety of the manga. Jealousy is passed back and forth, and lots of it is going around.

While you didn't like the author's first work Toradora, Golden Time is another one where the male MC just wants to get with the girl, but at the start of the story she's in love with her childhood friend, but gets jealous later on when MC's high school crush comes into the picture.

Myself; Yourself has the main hero wondering what happened with his friend turning all cold to him, when they used to be so close and caring. Most of the anime is him trying to patch things up with her, and of course there also exists the rival of the heroine who makes the heroine really jealous.

If you want more titles, just reply again in this thread. I think I'm forgetting a few titles, so a little time might jog my memory.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-09, 20:55   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Minami-Ke (stay strong Fujioka!)

Koi Dano Ai Dano fits pretty well. Lead heroine just isn't interested in love at all (too busy focusing on being awesome).

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has been suggested, and it fits.

Maison Ikkoku is obvious, seinen.

And if I'm recommending that then I guess Kimagure Orange Road and Love Hina have to be mentioned.

Honey and Clover is an obvious suggestion, though it might be a bit shoujo for you.

Stepping further away from the typical romance anime:

Crest of the Stars the romance is rather muted, but it does have the guy chasing after the girl that is out of his league and a bit oblivious to what he is doing.

Full Metal Panic

Maybe The World God Only Knows? If go all the way to the end of the manga.

Not really want you asked for, but B Gata H Kei might interest you. The guy is smitten, and totally confused by the mixed signals.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-09, 22:33   Link #7
MeWuvULongTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Well, I suggest you give the manga Maison Ikkoku another try. It's good. (anime is too long/slow for me though).
Hi! yea i do like and also think its slow, i just dont favor it ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Do you have a more thorough list of the series you have seen, like a MA, Anime-Planet or Hummingbird account wherein we could get a better idea of series you like, dislike, or have already seen?
i dont have either of those accounts this is my first time doing this heh heh, but anything close to what i wrote is ok ^^
and those manga/animes that i listed r the ones ive seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If you liked Suzuka, then why not A Town Where You Live? Like the amount of effort the main MC tries to get back with the girl is absolutely tremendous, spanning years within the entirety of the manga. Jealousy is passed back and forth, and lots of it is going around.

While you didn't like the author's first work Toradora, Golden Time is another one where the male MC just wants to get with the girl, but at the start of the story she's in love with her childhood friend, but gets jealous later on when MC's high school crush comes into the picture.

Myself; Yourself has the main hero wondering what happened with his friend turning all cold to him, when they used to be so close and caring. Most of the anime is him trying to patch things up with her, and of course there also exists the rival of the heroine who makes the heroine really jealous.

If you want more titles, just reply again in this thread. I think I'm forgetting a few titles, so a little time might jog my memory.
OMG! thank you this is really helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Minami-Ke (stay strong Fujioka!)

Koi Dano Ai Dano fits pretty well. Lead heroine just isn't interested in love at all (too busy focusing on being awesome).

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has been suggested, and it fits.

Maison Ikkoku is obvious, seinen.

And if I'm recommending that then I guess Kimagure Orange Road and Love Hina have to be mentioned.

Honey and Clover is an obvious suggestion, though it might be a bit shoujo for you.

Stepping further away from the typical romance anime:

Crest of the Stars the romance is rather muted, but it does have the guy chasing after the girl that is out of his league and a bit oblivious to what he is doing.

Full Metal Panic

Maybe The World God Only Knows? If go all the way to the end of the manga.

Not really want you asked for, but B Gata H Kei might interest you. The guy is smitten, and totally confused by the mixed signals.
is it ok to love u right now?
also where can i find Crest of the Stars?

Last edited by Flower; 2015-11-11 at 16:15. Reason: Please do not do multiple posts.
MeWuvULongTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 11:35   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeWuvULongTime View Post
is it ok to love u right now?
also where can i find Crest of the Stars?
Hmm... I could only find the DVDs on eBay.

I think it might be on youtube in low quality.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 17:10   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You might give Saiunkoku Monogatari a try. The male lead pretty much falls in love with the heroine at the outset, but while she is certainly attracted to him, she has more important goals on her personal agenda than romance. She doesn't reject him so much as tries to balance their relationship with her own pursuits.

SaiMono was released on DVD in R1 by the old Geneon USA. Now that it is out-of-print it's ridiculously expensive. The fansub is streamed though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 17:26   Link #10
Arya

if you don't mind love triangles I'd give White Album 2 and True Tears a shot.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 17:40   Link #11
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You might give Saiunkoku Monogatari a try. The male lead pretty much falls in love with the heroine at the outset, but while she is certainly attracted to him, she has more important goals on her personal agenda than romance. She doesn't reject him so much as tries to balance their relationship with her own pursuits.

SaiMono was released on DVD in R1 by the old Geneon USA. Now that it is out-of-print it's ridiculously expensive. The fansub is streamed though.
Holy smokes! Ridiculously expensive indeed!

This is a great series, though. Well worth a try. ^^

Last edited by Flower; 2015-11-13 at 03:56. Reason: typos....
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 03:09   Link #12
AnimeFangirl

It wouldn't be that bad if the price covered the full series, but this says only "Season 1". I know a big fan of the series who would appreciate it for a Christmas present, but there's no point if only half the show is available.
Old 2015-11-13, 03:51   Link #13
Arya

I forgot to mention a couple of titles, Nagi No Asukara that has a couple (if not three) variations of the premise and Cross Game that could fit the bill.
Then try Peach Girl, it has its highs and lows, but it's worth watching. And if you don't mind military / sci-fi settings (and if you still find it) Gunparade March is another one.

Then I was thinking to suggest Chiayafuru, the first season only, because it fully fits the premise, it's just that the manga is still running (for that reason I'd avoid S2), so the premise is all what you will get. Still the show is so good that I think it's worth being mentioned.
So, basically this is a counter suggestion, do not watch Chiayafuru, I warned you.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-11-13, 08:55   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
It wouldn't be that bad if the price covered the full series, but this says only "Season 1". I know a big fan of the series who would appreciate it for a Christmas present, but there's no point if only half the show is available.
Season one is a full 39 episodes; season two was never released on disc in R1. It's only available in fansubs. I also think the first season is better than the second, with the exception of Shurrei's remarkable speech in S2E8. Kuwashima conveys every bit of her character's determination, intelligence, and compassion for her people.
Old 2015-11-13, 23:57   Link #15
Dawnstorm

I think Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou might have what you're looking for.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 14:39   Link #16
kitten320

Akatsuki no Yona maybe? She does not dislike him but is pretty oblivious to his feelings and is in love with someone else. Things get complicated but the theme does follow for a bit.

Chihayafuru could work too. While main theme is not romance, there are lots of hints. Main hero Taichi is in love with Chihaya but all she sees is karuta , cards/sport game, and Arata, another guy, whom she pretty much worships and obsesses over. Totally oblivious to Taichi's romantic feelings.

ef: A Tale of Memories - if you don't mind reversed roles aka girl chasing guy. Not to spoil but ending might not be heading the way you would like. Tons of jealousy though once 2nd girl appears.

Green Green kinda works if you are ok with ecchi and some dumb humour. At first Futaba hates the guy but then things start to change.

Kokoro Connect could work too.

Love Hina, Naru hates MC while he fancies her a lot. Mostly comedy, highly recommend mange instead of anime though. Anime is an extremely shortened version.

Lovely Complex is backwards as well. Though eventually goes both ways, so jealousy on both sides^^

Mai HiME works too. Also more backwards.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo might work. Among side characters, girl is in love with a friend who is a player.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso has some love triangles, drama everywhere not just romance wise. MC is in love with a girl who dates his best friend while his other best friend is in love with him... Music is main theme though.

Zetsuen no Tempest relationships are kinda complicated but might work.

Working!! works backwards too. At first characters dislike each other, then girl falls for the guy and eventually he returns the feelings. A movie, the final should come out at the end of December.

White Album 2 gets complicated but does, in a way, follow the formula you want. Probably the best romance series I've seen.

Hope these help.
Old 2015-11-17, 20:55   Link #17
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm almost done rewatching season one of Chihayafuru and seeing Taichi pine away for the clueless Chihaya is simply painful. Sadly he is self-aware while Chihaya most definitely is not. That quality makes her a better karuta player than a human being.

Every time I watch Chihayafuru (I think this is my third) it grows on me more.
Old 2015-11-17, 23:22   Link #18
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Seeing as a third season of Chihayafuru may take years to materialise, if at all, I finally gave in and read the manga.

Spoiler for Chihayafuru manga:

Definitely a strong recommendation for this request thread!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-18, 05:37   Link #19
Arya

^ Don't know if I should open that spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm almost done rewatching season one of Chihayafuru and seeing Taichi pine away for the clueless Chihaya is simply painful. Sadly he is self-aware while Chihaya most definitely is not. That quality makes her a better karuta player than a human being.

Every time I watch Chihayafuru (I think this is my third) it grows on me more.
I think it is the only one series in which the fact that the guy I root for may not** get the girl despite all his efforts, errors and personal grown, could be even somehow acceptable.
Spoiler for comment about Taichi. not strictly relevant:

For that reason I suggested it even if their fate is still unknown and far away to reach a conclusion (basing it to season two).

Spoiler for ** about may or may not:
Damn, I had forgotten how much I liked this series.

Old 2015-11-20, 07:25   Link #20
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Going from "guy loves girl who doesn't like guy", there's Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior).
Tamako Market goes somewhat slow in some ways with the romance (doesn't achieve much progress till the after-season movie), but it definitely qualifies as a boy pining after a girl who doesn't return his feelings (or doesn't understand them at first since they're childhood friends and she's used to him just being "there").
Actually I Am is a relatively recent piece with a guy who usually can't keep anything secret trying to conceal his love from a vampire girl who sees him as her first friend at her school.
Cardcaptor Sakura is centered on the girl, but has a boy who initially idolizes the same person she does, gradually finds himself falling for her instead, and has to deal for some time with her seeing him as a dear friend while pining after a taken man.
The later CLAMP series Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles also has a couple with the same names as CCS, only it starts with the two very much in love until the girl loses all her memories and in order to save her the boy has to pay the price of having himself pretty much erased from every memory she gets back.
[B]Engaged to the Unidentified is kind of this, with a girl finding out on her sixteenth birthday that she's engaged to a boy she supposedly met years ago but can't remember, but he loves her and is as loyal as a puppy.
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? centers on Bell, an adventurer who for much of the story tries to get strong enough to be able to approach his crush.
Pastel (manga) centers on a boy who's stuck living with the girl he loves, but unable to even let her know he's interested in her because she has nowhere else to go and he doesn't want her only home to be an awkward place.
And one series where the romance is a smaller aspect of the story but I really liked: Guyver. It starts out with the main character being a very nice, nonathletic boy who crushes hard on his childhood friend, who hardly even sees him as a man and is desperately pining for the school's jerk student council president.
Lastly, there's the relatively-short manga Bitter Virgin. In this series, the hero falls in love with a girl after finding out about her incredibly traumatic past. The girl is severely androphobic and generally can't get within a couple meters of a man without panicking, but shortly after he falls for her she starts to become more and more friendly with him; however, the reason she's able to be close to him is because he'd once said she was the one girl he'd never make a pass on. He not only has to keep secret from her the fact that he knows her secret past, he also has to make sure she never realizes that he sees her as anything more than a friend, because her security around him is largely built on his being strictly off-limits. This one isn't available in the States, but there is at least one OK translation floating around out there.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote