Notices

Old 2008-04-20, 14:03   Link #21
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

The first seven images are Utsura Uraraka (Churuya's creator) 2008 work:

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 09:47   Link #22
Noobchan

Man, I loved this show. Quirky humor with unforgettable characters all set at an artsy high school. Plus, I love the blend of photography and animation (see: Yuno's alarm clock)
Noobchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 10:41   Link #23
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Really looking forward to this one. I just hope a decent group picks it up. The first season was sorely neglected. ;.;
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 00:40   Link #24
shamansanchez

Apparently the third volume of the manga came out in February. Might be old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I figured I'd post it.

As for 365, less than a week left!
shamansanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 09:40   Link #25
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Although people underestimated the first season, I hope x365 will get the attention it deserves.
As for me, this will be a must watch.
tigerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 10:25   Link #26
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
The first season was sorely neglected.
I started re-watching the first season this morning and can see immediately why this was a difficult show to fansub. Those girls just never stop talking! There aren't any action or other sequences that can fill screen time without dialogue. Thank goodness Shintani and Spoon decided to make the effort because Hidamari Sketch is really quite a fun show to watch.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:25   Link #27
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I started re-watching the first season this morning and can see immediately why this was a difficult show to fansub. Those girls just never stop talking! There aren't any action or other sequences that can fill screen time without dialogue. Thank goodness Shintani and Spoon decided to make the effort because Hidamari Sketch is really quite a fun show to watch.
I know very little Japanese, small vocabulary, a few dozen kanji, etc. With anime, I can usually watch raws and get at least the gist of what's going on. So when groups were slow to pick up HS, I got the raws. "How difficult could it be?" I thought to myself.

Heh.

Seiji is right: I couldn't begin to follow what was going on, b/c it was just lots of dialogue and little action demonstrating it. For this reason, I never complained about the work or the slowness of the first season. But I am desperate to see fansubs of this show. I only wish I could contribute to a group's effort in some significant way...
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:54   Link #28
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamansanchez View Post
Apparently the third volume of the manga came out in February. Might be old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I figured I'd post it.
Ah nice that gives a me a third volume to get depending on what date it gets here. Already have the first volume and will get the second. In the mean time it's waiting for the glorious day when the second season starts.
Old 2008-06-30, 11:31   Link #29
Jiji
*Scanlator

And speaking of that glorious day, here's what's on the TV schedule for the show:

TBS is showing the first broadcast July 3 at "25:25" o'clock. Thats the morning of the 4th, Japan time, btw. Then TBS is showing the second ep on July 10 at the same time.

MBS will re-run #1 on the 12th. On the 17th, TBS will show #3 and CBC will re-run #1 at "27:00" There are various re-runs like this until...

on the 24th, the BS-i version will finally air #1 at 24:30. I know that TBS is regular TV aspect ratio and I don't know about MBS or CBC, but I *do* know that BS-i is the widescreen version.

The reason I say all this is b/c I'm hoping at least one group does the widescreen versions. :P

source: cal.syoboi.jp
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 11:33   Link #30
Midonin
Last Engage

The first season always left me feeling good afterwards, so I'm highly awaiting the second. Pretty excited for the debut soon.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 00:14   Link #31
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
TBS is showing the first broadcast July 3 at "25:25" o'clock. Thats the morning of the 4th, Japan time, btw.
Ah cool so it won't be long now before the first taste. Granted the more delicious one will be the longer wait, but ah well.
Old 2008-07-03, 13:52   Link #32
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Holy shit. Even Shaftier and with a crazy budget. This is... confusing but pleasant.

Also, the OP is 90 seconds of girls being tossed ala the first few seconds of the Azumanga OP.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:53   Link #33
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP has more Hiro/Sae subtext than ever.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 14:31   Link #34
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Caps etc
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=929

It really does look amazing. Fans of the original should be in seventh heaven.

OP

Last edited by aroduc; 2008-07-03 at 14:46.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 14:46   Link #35
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This OP won't play for me with Adobe Flash 9 in Firefox on Linux. Am I alone? A bad link? Already taken down by Google?

Edit
Well now it's playing and watching it makes me a bit nervous to tell you the truth. I really hope they don't tread too far down the yuri fanservice path with Hiro/Sae or make other appeals for otaku attention. The original show was cute and pretty free of fanservice for a show of its type.

I rather like the original OP song better, too. Guess I'm just an old fogy.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-07-03 at 17:41.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 16:46   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:18   Link #37
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

If the first episode is any indication then I'm going to like this second series just as much as the first. Not sure what I think about the new openings and endings in comparison to the older ones, but I can say I'm fine with them.

Spoiler for 1:
Old 2008-07-03, 18:58   Link #38
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Caps etc
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=929

It really does look amazing. Fans of the original should be in seventh heaven.

OP
Great balls of fire!
I was dreading that the newer OP would lack the same energy as the old one - the same thing put me off when I first watched Minami-ke Okawari, but I digress - though this is not the case. Bravo, SHAFT, for actually managing to top it off.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:58   Link #39
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I was impatient, I watched a RAW.
Luckily, I've just read the first volume of the manga (hurrah for Yen Press!) so I had some idea what it was all about...

The OP is quite gloriously frenetic, and as for the ED...?
Well, it's a great ED, although it does suffer from comparison to Mebae Drive, which was a lovely song and a hard act to follow.

I am so hoping this gets fansubbed. It's like meeting up with a bunch of old friends.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 19:20   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I want to watch this show raw so badly, though i know for full enjoyment, i have to wait for the subs. I just hope they won't take as they did with the first season.

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, sequel, shaft, slice of life