AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-11, 16:00   Link #321
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I was expecting the Mordred to be heavily armored, so I wasn't all that surprised when it didn't get hurt at all by Chiba.

I wonder if that new Gawain is actually going to appear in the show or whether it's just some special model.
What new Gawain?! All I heard about the old one is that it was destroyed for good.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 16:03   Link #322
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
What new Gawain?! All I heard about the old one is that it was destroyed for good.
It was destroyed, there was some speculation that there would be a new Gawain but as of yet I've seen nothing to indicate there will be.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 16:03   Link #323
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm not sure really. I heard talk on the S and S thread that there was mention on this page of some new Gawain model coming out that was different or something.

I suppose they could have somehow salvaged what was left of it. Lakshata probably kept data on it as well.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 16:34   Link #324
Aquaman OS

Quote:
So, is the new Guren pretty much the strongest mech in the Order now? Seriously, all those weapons it has make it a match for practically anything.
Pretty much. Only thing that it lacks is a sword of some kind like MVS or the Gekka's. In a close range battle where using the wave isn't a good option Kallen might be at a disadvantage. However I'm sure it will get at least one more attachment before the show is over.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 16:43   Link #325
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Pretty much. Only thing that it lacks is a sword of some kind like MVS or the Gekka's. In a close range battle where using the wave isn't a good option Kallen might be at a disadvantage. However I'm sure it will get at least one more attachment before the show is over.
Guren always excelled at close combat due to its arm so that's not an issue.

Guren is pretty much god-like now with its invinicible shields and such but it seems Lancelot is also able to create a 360 degree shield as well. In fact it seems that none of the Knights of the Round nor even Guilford were even taking the fight seriously....

Though one suit that's ridiculous is Mordred. Holy crap all she did was just grabbed Chibia's head and she exploded.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 17:48   Link #326
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, the reason it seemed so amazing this episode was probably because they wanted to showcase all it's new features. It will hopefully be more balanced in the future.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-11, 19:06   Link #327
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

While i like the new powered up Guren, it definitely needs something on it's left arm. At this point it doesn't do anything.

Another thing i noticed about the Tristian, I don't believe it has any long range weapons other than it's slash harkdon. Huge flaw in a mobile transformable frame if you ask me.

Seems like the Float system is become a lot more wide spread in the Empire now. Hope Loyd is getting some royalties :P
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:07   Link #328
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
While i like the new powered up Guren, it definitely needs something on it's left arm. At this point it doesn't do anything.

Another thing i noticed about the Tristian, I don't believe it has any long range weapons other than it's slash harkdon. Huge flaw in a mobile transformable frame if you ask me.

Seems like the Float system is become a lot more wide spread in the Empire now. Hope Loyd is getting some royalties :P
No it's got vulcan guns. You see it when Tristan attacks the Guren and fires off several rounds.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:10   Link #329
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, vulcan guns aren't all that useful to be honest. Give it some sort of rifle like the VARIS or something.

Old 2008-05-11, 19:20   Link #330
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Well, the reason it seemed so amazing this episode was probably because they wanted to showcase all it's new features. It will hopefully be more balanced in the future.
Seriously.

All this episode was, on the fighting front, was two distinct waves of complete dominance.... And definitely the more "impressive" wave was courtesy of the Guren, which ticked me off.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:32   Link #331
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Why? She took out two grunts and that's it really. It's not like she took out Suzaku or anything.

Old 2008-05-11, 19:33   Link #332
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well I will say that now the Guren is now a "Jesus" class frame just like the Lacenlot. It'll be good to seem them continue their fight on even footing.

Can't wait to see what Lakshata's gonna build to replace the Gekka's
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:36   Link #333
JagdPanther

Quote:
Why? She took out two grunts and that's it really. It's not like she took out Suzaku or anything.
My perception is that the dominance of the Brits was spread over many units, with none supremely powerful. The OotBK dominant wave was totally the Guren alone and she nearly killed Guillford in a second in addition to the other units, and now suddenly has strengths where it used to have weaknesses, and retains its old strengths. Screams invinci-mech to me, even if the actual showing wasn't God-like in the episode. Just taking it implicitly.

Old 2008-05-11, 19:37   Link #334
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, one can chalk that up to being surprised and unprepared for such a turn of events. I don't think we'll much more of Kallen completely dominating like last time.

Old 2008-05-11, 19:41   Link #335
JagdPanther

Quote:
Well, one can chalk that up to being surprised and unprepared for such a turn of events. I don't think we'll much more of Kallen completely dominating like last time.
I'm not holding my breath. Sunrise has disappointed me in the past. So far, CG has exceeded my expectations in various areas, but in terms of mech combat... eh, not so much. We'll see.

I was given a glimmer of hope with the OotBK's expression (paraphrased, badly), "Oh ****! A fighter!... Oh ****! Now it's a KMF!" At least it looks like they're attempting to show a fighter-style craft can compete with KMFs...

Old 2008-05-11, 19:42   Link #336
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Then why are you complaining if all it has done is disappoint you along with how you seemed to be expecting it?

Old 2008-05-11, 19:43   Link #337
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
My perception is that the dominance of the Brits was spread over many units, with none supremely powerful. The OotBK dominant wave was totally the Guren alone and she nearly killed Guillford in a second in addition to the other units, and now suddenly has strengths where it used to have weaknesses, and retains its old strengths. Screams invinci-mech to me, even if the actual showing wasn't God-like in the episode. Just taking it implicitly.
Yeah, her knightmare is impressive but I don't see her fighting Britannia by herself with it. They are trying to balance the odds, despite Kallen and Rolo the odds are still extremely stacked in Britannia's favor.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:43   Link #338
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Screams invinci-mech to me, even if the actual showing wasn't God-like in the episode. Just taking it implicitly.
As the Knights of the Round said:

"We should have taken the fight seriously."
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:44   Link #339
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Which makes one wonder how it would have faired had they actually been serious, though considering Nunnally was at stake it seems stupid for them not to be serious.

Old 2008-05-11, 19:45   Link #340
JagdPanther

Quote:
Then why are you complaining if all it has done is disappoint you along with how you seemed to be expecting it?
I didn't say that they ALWAYS do. I said the situation has arisen before. It's possible.

Tags
mecha