AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! - Episode 27 (OVA) Rating
Perfect 10 27 45.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-22, 16:28   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They had something like six costume changes this episode.
Old 2011-03-22, 16:32   Link #62
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Oh yeah.. I forgot.. .getting to see them in multiple garbs is always refreshing. In general I think the episode reinforced that these are definitely UPPER middle class students (even Ritsu) with Mugi being the outlier Shogunate Princess.
Old 2011-03-22, 19:03   Link #63
azunyana

Quote:
I really enjoyed watching this episode I only found out about K-on half a year a go and watched the 1st & 2nd seasons within a short time. Its nice to watch a new episode and I
really enjoyed seeing them outside of school. Since its been a while I'm a bit confused about the timeline and where the movie fits in but I'm looking forward to the movie after watching this episode. I smiled when I saw the Canada travel book on YUI's table.
Old 2011-03-22, 23:37   Link #64
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
yeah, that's also what's good in the episode. XDD they wore various outfits!! XDD man, i'm so missing the show.
Old 2011-03-23, 04:31   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yui is such a great "Funny Man" type.

This anime has really done a great job molding her into that. Her wonderful sense of (sometimes unintentional) humor came off well here.

The chemistry throughout ATT as a whole is excellent. Their personalities come together, and blend, and bounce off of each other, with such graceful and natural ease. It's funny to say this about a show that's escapist entertainment for many viewers (and probably intended to be that), but this anime may be the most realistic one I've seen. Character interactions just flow so believably and never feel forced to me.

With this in mind, I love the detail that this episode went into when it comes to researching where to go on vacation, and the process of getting a passport. It's pretty amazing that an anime episode that devotes so much time to something as potentially tedious as getting a passport can still be quite entertaining.

Yui's attempts at English in this episode were pretty good. Her "No rice, no life" comment was TK (Angel Beats!) worthy.

Nice to see Canada at least get referenced on that one cover.

This episode was a joyous watch, particularly after 10 episodes of the much darker Madoka Magica.
Old 2011-03-23, 09:05   Link #66
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yui's attempts at English in this episode were pretty good. Her "No rice, no life" comment was TK (Angel Beats!) worthy.
Haha. Agreed. Her pantomiming could use some work though.

This episode was really enjoyable overall. One of the better episodes of the entire second season, I'd say. Made me remember how much enjoyment I really do get out of K-On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
Azusa not being able to say Machu Pichu. I just loved every minute of the episode even though it was centred around something so mundane: getting a passport.
Something about that scene just transcended cuteness and overloaded my senses. Don't know what it was, but it was so, so adorable. And yeah, making something mundane fun to watch is pretty much K-On's bread and butter. I loved every minute of it too; thoroughly excellent episode.
Old 2011-03-23, 15:57   Link #67
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Naw, third one will be a wacky live action version (Yellow Submarine, but since that was animated, and K-On is animated, live action weirdness) where the girls go to some exotic fantasy/sci-fi locations. Or really trip out on acid.

Fourth film would be a nearly pointless trip around the Bullet Train route while tripping on acid with a huge cast of weird people (Magical Mystery Tour).
Actually, I think that's the other way around (Magical Mystery Tour first, then Yellow Submarine).

Speaking of Beatles and K-On: in response to that image of Mio walking down Abbey Road: Mio is dead, man. Miss her. Miss her.
Old 2011-03-23, 18:02   Link #68
taichi-kun

I loved mio,azunyan and her machu pichu!

Screencaps (?)
Old 2011-03-23, 19:06   Link #69
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

An excellent episode, it was enjoyable the whole time really. Though makes me really wish the movie does cover their trip, I am sure it would be interesting and fun to watch

Quote:
I approve of Mugi's daring criminal assault on Azusa.
The mugivision on that scene is too hard to resist , so I approve.
MAL
Old 2011-03-23, 19:42   Link #70
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Though makes me really wish the movie does cover their trip, I am sure it would be interesting and fun to watch
Well, previous information said the movie takes place before graduation, while the trip will surely take place after. But on the other hand; I really can't imagine the movie not being about the trip - because if it's not, then what was the point of this episode? Spending some more time with the HTT girls, sure, but it came across as set-up for a bigger story. Right now, I'm thinking "movie is pre-graduation" was bad info...

(Also; if the movie isn't about their trip - what the heck is it about? What else could they possibly do that would warrant a feature film?)
Old 2011-03-23, 20:09   Link #71
wek33

i loved this episode! ive been so excited for a new episode as ive rewatched the whole series about 4 times in about a month now because i cant get enough of it haha. now i cant wait for the movie...

just thinking about it, a whole movie of these girls being as cute as ever will probably make me explode
Old 2011-03-23, 20:53   Link #72
Friday
Im shy too...

best part of the episode......

watching them again....

Spoiler for hhhhhmmmm:
Old 2011-03-23, 21:20   Link #73
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Hmmm... So Sawako went to Okinawa for her high school trip and the K-On club went to Kyoto... budget cut backs at the school ?
Old 2011-03-23, 22:23   Link #74
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Well, previous information said the movie takes place before graduation, while the trip will surely take place after. But on the other hand; I really can't imagine the movie not being about the trip - because if it's not, then what was the point of this episode? Spending some more time with the HTT girls, sure, but it came across as set-up for a bigger story. Right now, I'm thinking "movie is pre-graduation" was bad info...

(Also; if the movie isn't about their trip - what the heck is it about? What else could they possibly do that would warrant a feature film?)
While they called it a graduation retreat, I believe they said that the trip would be after their examinations, which doesn't necessarily mean it'd be after graduation as well. It wouldn't be bad info if that turned out to be the case, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I can't really imagine why they would make this episode and not make the movie follow up on it either.
Old 2011-03-24, 04:19   Link #75
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
While they called it a graduation retreat, I believe they said that the trip would be after their examinations, which doesn't necessarily mean it'd be after graduation as well.
It would probably have to be, if Azusa is to come with them.
Old 2011-03-24, 04:26   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It would be awesome if we could actually see them on said trip, and having a concert side event with it.

Like, you know, maybe in the movie?
Old 2011-03-24, 10:47   Link #77
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I haven't seen Azunyan for a long time so......

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER? WHY IS SHE SO RIDICULOUSLY CUTE! DAMMIT I AM GETTING DIABETES!

And her dress style doesn't fit at all. She is so loli, but she's wearing an open back and white miniskirt? Though Mio standing right beside her with a ponytail makes them look absolutely like sisters. Well, at least Yui is right about her being a grade schooler.

There are plenty of rock era references :

Yui - ?
Azunyan - Apollo Theater (NYC Jazz Club)
Mio - Abbey Road (Beatles)
Ritsu - ?
Mugi - Finland (Air Guitar World Championships)

Their English is horrendous. And I wonder how Azunyan is going to pass to go overseas since she looks like a 12-year-old.

P.S Mugi's "The more the merrier" sounds disturbing.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-03-24, 12:10   Link #78
Squawks
PSI you from behind

I think Ritsu would fit just fine in Detroit being the Rock 'n' Roll city.

No idea about Yui. Not musical wise at least.
Old 2011-03-24, 23:14   Link #79
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

What was that ? Yui had a Canada travel book ?Oh yes... I can see it now. Going to Banff, seeing the elk and the bears and the hot water springs and like 1/4 of the tourists there are Japanese, so they wouldn't feel lost.

They can go to the Japanese gardens in Lethbridge where Mio may fall in love with a Japanese Cowboy dude.... or no....
Old 2011-03-25, 05:25   Link #80
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
What was that ? Yui had a Canada travel book ?Oh yes... I can see it now. Going to Banff, seeing the elk and the bears and the hot water springs and like 1/4 of the tourists there are Japanese, so they wouldn't feel lost.
Thanks to Lucky Star and Seitokai Yakuindomo I can only imagine something bizarre happening when Yui goes to interact with the elks .
MAL
Closed Thread