AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 14 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 12.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 32.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 16.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 8.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-17, 19:27   Link #181
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I thought it was Yosora... She's 100% way hotter than Sena in a maid costume...
Well according to the manga Yozora has some experience uploading cosplay photos (I don't know If It's like that in the novels) so she has the looks and experience.
Old 2013-02-17, 20:02   Link #182
potchip

She kind of conveniently avoided the question on how she had a maid uniform handy for Yukimura. Still hard to imagine her uploading photos of herself though...
Old 2013-02-17, 20:11   Link #183
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
She kind of conveniently avoided the question on how she had a maid uniform handy for Yukimura. Still hard to imagine her uploading photos of herself though...
She's probably a secret net idol...
Old 2013-02-17, 21:06   Link #184
finalfury
Incognito

A good dose of bashfulness for an epic finish. good job yozora.
Old 2013-02-18, 03:34   Link #185
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Kodaka isn't necessarily the best person to use as a gauge in determing whether or not Yozora's actions constitute bullying. It would probably be better to look at it from the perspective of an ordinary reasonable 3rd party in the show.
I personally think that's the wrong way to go about it. For example, I've got a group of friends where we regularly hurl pretty insulting remarks to each other, usually pertaining to race (ex. paki, white trash, nazi, the 'n' word) as we're a mixed bag.

To outsiders, aka "ordinary reasonable 3rd party in the show"? We'd be probably be marked as a bunch of racists. But we all know its done in good fun, and there's no hard feelings at all.

As such, I personally don't find it useful imposing outside values into a group dynamic, and that using someone from within the group is actually best to develop a measuring stick.

So yes, IMO, Kodaka is actually the BEST person to guage whether it is bullying or not, considering he made a promise to do so. At the very least, better him than an outsider.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-02-18, 03:52   Link #186
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I personally think that's the wrong way to go about it. For example, I've got a group of friends where we regularly hurl pretty insulting remarks to each other, usually pertaining to race (ex. paki, white trash, nazi, the 'n' word) as we're a mixed bag.

To outsiders, aka "ordinary reasonable 3rd party in the show"? We'd be probably be marked as a bunch of racists. But we all know its done in good fun, and there's no hard feelings at all.

As such, I personally don't find it useful imposing outside values into a group dynamic, and that using someone from within the group is actually best to develop a measuring stick.

So yes, IMO, Kodaka is actually the BEST person to guage whether it is bullying or not, considering he made a promise to do so. At the very least, better him than an outsider.
That ship has sailed long ago. There has already been extensive discussion over the last few pages about the approach I gave, and I've already explained why Kodaka is not the best person for us to look to in contemplating these issues. I'm not going to rehash everything I've said, but what I meant by an "ordinary reasonable 3rd party in the show" is not what you understand it to be because it has nothing to do with imposing outside values at all.

Let's consider the example you gave. Your friends are the story, and I'm the reader. The ordinary-reasonable-3rd-party-in-the-story approach would be to:

1. Interview everyone in the group and find out as much as I can from them.
2. Use information from everyone and try to formulate a conclusion based on what I believe a reasonable person would conclude from that information. (At this stage, I'm trying to cast aside my personal bias as much as possible. I could, for example, excessively hate the N word and the usage of those terms based on some possible personal historical trauma, but what I consider to be the reasonable person with access to the interview information (ie: the reasonable 3rd party in the story) would not suffer from that level of bias.)
3. The conclusion would be "I really hate the usage of such pejorative terms, but I can see how this entire group interacts in a manner that is reasonably acceptable within their group even though I myself wouldn't like my friends doing that to me due to previous trauma."

Your approach, on the other hand, in saying that you're looking from Kodaka's perspective and his alone, would be equivalent to having me as the reader interviewing one member in the group alone, and only one, and taking his word for it without seeking the opinions of everyone else in the group. This would not be ideal because more information is available from everyone else in the group that I could and should have looked at. Of course, everyone else might end up saying the same thing, but that is something we have to confirm from the whole group rather than just looking at a single person.

In the same way, a reader should not be looking at issues from Kodaka's perspective alone because Kodaka is often an unreliable narrator and we can and should make use of the other clues provided by the author to come to a conclusion.

Last edited by frivolity; 2013-02-18 at 04:47.
Old 2013-02-18, 14:24   Link #187
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

I wouldn't mind it if it was on that level since I have friends like that too. But i rarely come across instances when it's focused on one person in particular and that can sometimes be uncomfortable. But the biggest problem I have is the way the story portrays the abuse Sena gets as if she deserved to be humiliated, rather than something that she takes in good faith. Yes she can be obnoxious but I've rarely ever felt the abuse was proportionate (Well the first time Sena ran out crying, i actually thought it was funny since that was just her not being able to put her money where her mouth was but after that it just started getting ridiculous). And despite what some might say, Sena does end up holding it as a grudge and the story makes her look bad for that too so most of the time it's just a no win situation. At the end of the day the story makes it clear Yozora doesn't really want to truly hurt Sena so it's nothing to hold against Yozora but I have a serious dissonance with the story's perspective on things.

Quote:
Kodaka, despite his own issues, has pretty often been placed as the mouthpiece of sanity in this show so I'm pretty sure he's meant to be the measuring stick. Unfortunately at times that only further serves to illustrate the story's bizarre perspective on things. For example, when Sena's father raised his concern about Sena being bullied, Kodaka thought the most accurate response was "The truth is, your daughter is a perverted stalker!"....

It was a joke but it was still telling.
Old 2013-02-19, 03:28   Link #188
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, the three girls show their bad sides, and it's at a point that I'm a bit pissed as well.

I don't like how she channeled her frustration for Kodaka's denseness by acting megatsun on him. This reminds me all too much of Minori@Toradora, who continues to be indirect to the bitter end.

Sena continues to be so vulnerable for Yozora's diamond-edge insults to the point that I suspect that Sena is very masochist towards Yozora.

And Yozora takes the cake for the most irritating character in this episode. Her fortune-telling scheme against Sena really rages me so hard that I needed to cool myself off after seeing Sena legitimately hurt about what she experienced in the hands of Yozora. (Fortunately, there's Kobato to cheer her up.)

The topic about Yozora and Kodaka being friends hasn't been focused on yet, but I don't think that we'll get that much development with the Neighbors' Club. They are still socially awkward with each other, and we need a bigger explosion to get them to move with their relationships.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-26, 12:54   Link #189
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Exactly. This is what happens when socially awkward people gravitate toward each other.

Sena and Yozora would be best vitriolic friends if Sena was able to recognize her heavy handed bossy nature and naivety (though she does seem to be breaking down from her high horse a little bit, and not just because of Yozora's bullying which has some positive effects, but not many). And for Yozora's side, if she curbed and was honest about her jealousy (how she reacted to the butler outfit on Yukimura backfiring)and somewhat vindictive nature to pretty much any female that gets in Kodaka's space, and if she didn't take the teasing too far.

And Rika just isn't able to take stress that well and we have seen that she is potentially on Yozora's level of social awkwardness, noting their odd synergy on things.

Then we have Yukimura's codependence issues and gender identity (which ironically, doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

And then Kodaka for mentally noting a pot of things, but rarely voicing his opinion until meltdown.

They all still got a lot of work to do, I must say.

And loved that f-bomb like other people have said.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:16   Link #190
chaoticsouls
Moe Expert

It is painfully obvious that everyone except Rika/Kodoka are too dense to get they are all friends already.
Closed Thread