AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-14, 18:24   Link #7541
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I'm thinking that a new god can only be born out of existing god. Like how D split a tiny part of her soul to kumoko. If this is true, next thing we know Sariel will fuse part of herself with Shun and Shun will become a new god too (and we know that Sariel is already influencing Shun).
Old 2017-03-14, 18:35   Link #7542
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I'm thinking that a new god can only be born out of existing god. Like how D split a tiny part of her soul to kumoko. If this is true, next thing we know Sariel will fuse part of herself with Shun and Shun will become a new god too (and we know that Sariel is already influencing Shun).
Hmm. I'd be surprised if this was that case... though I'm also pretty sure it would help (perhaps a lot). Though by your argument then maybe Ariel would be able to become a god now?

I hope the author answers this properly. I think it'll happen... just a bit frustrating. It might be important to the plot, since it's been hinted at for such a long time. Sophia was Divinity Area Expansion LV5 when she fought Wrath and she's probably 50 or more by now, a year or two have passed, and she should have a load of titles so I wouldn't be surprised if her Divinity Area Expansion is several levels higher. I wouldn't have thought Shiro would want other gods around but if Sophia becomes a god then maybe Shiro would be able to ditch responsibility for the planet and leave
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 19:02   Link #7543
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Hmm. I'd be surprised if this was that case... though I'm also pretty sure it would help (perhaps a lot). Though by your argument then maybe Ariel would be able to become a god now?

I hope the author answers this properly. I think it'll happen... just a bit frustrating. It might be important to the plot, since it's been hinted at for such a long time. Sophia was Divinity Area Expansion LV5 when she fought Wrath and she's probably 50 or more by now, a year or two have passed, and she should have a load of titles so I wouldn't be surprised if her Divinity Area Expansion is several levels higher. I wouldn't have thought Shiro would want other gods around but if Sophia becomes a god then maybe Shiro would be able to ditch responsibility for the planet and leave
Shiro wasn't a god when a piece of her merge with Ariel.
Old 2017-03-14, 19:26   Link #7544
kari-no-sugata II

That's why I posed it as a question. If a fragment of a god is special then what's different about a fragment of a fragment?
Old 2017-03-14, 20:34   Link #7545
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
That's why I posed it as a question. If a fragment of a god is special then what's different about a fragment of a fragment?
enough to let Ariel acquire Humility and defeat potty.
Old 2017-03-15, 05:41   Link #7546
EvilSociopath323

Absorbing a part of a gods soul to stimulate the soul to evolve. That's actually a good idea. Shun + Sariel? Now what exactly did Sariel use to reestablish the hero system? Wasn't it her soul? So if Shun would activate his special hero ability the part of Sariels soul that she used to reestablish the hero system might merge with Shun? I don't think the author will use such a plot twist, though that would be interesting. And it might simply be that Sariel converted her soul into pure energy that will simply be consumed once the hero title is activated, so no soul merging. First and foremost the hero abilities upgrade is said to be only temporal. The author still could use the former mentioned twist however for example by Sariel changing partially how the hero system works.

BTW with the inclusion of humility there are now more ways to endanger Shiro's plans. It is now confirmed that the system can give an individual power surpassing the 99 999 limit. This might not only apply to the humility ability but also to the hero system. Now what boost would Shun get if he would fight Ariel in her temporary god mode? Then again it's questionable if Ariel could bring forth that kind of power again... Also I have a feeling that Shiro's hacking into the system might backfire. Like her actually obtaining the maou title if Ariel dies. If then Shun and Shiro fought I wonder how much the hero title could improve his chances. We still don't know how much 3% is after all.
EvilSociopath323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 06:49   Link #7547
tsunade666

I can imagine sariel helping shun to stop shiro. she is just that dame dame goddess. kuro would also be surely side with shun. loser team. which is also probably why kuro let shun enter elf territory. to meet shiro.

question. is there a site for the LN illustration to indicate whose who? I see in manga updates, with one showing kumo and blond girl. vampire girl? not sure which I why is there a post or site for it. to tell whose who.
Old 2017-03-15, 08:12   Link #7548
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
Absorbing a part of a gods soul to stimulate the soul to evolve. That's actually a good idea. Shun + Sariel? Now what exactly did Sariel use to reestablish the hero system? Wasn't it her soul? So if Shun would activate his special hero ability the part of Sariels soul that she used to reestablish the hero system might merge with Shun? I don't think the author will use such a plot twist, though that would be interesting. And it might simply be that Sariel converted her soul into pure energy that will simply be consumed once the hero title is activated, so no soul merging. First and foremost the hero abilities upgrade is said to be only temporal. The author still could use the former mentioned twist however for example by Sariel changing partially how the hero system works.
Shiro said that the energy to recreate the Hero System came from some of the energy from the deaths from the Human-Demon Great War.

I'm not sure what Sariel can achieve. She's close to death (her soul is close to being destroyed) so if she does something serious it's likely to accelerate her own death, which could easily back-fire on her. I imagine her degree is freedom is highly limited by her being locked into the System. Essentially, we won't know what she can do until she does is. It'll be interesting to see how far Sariel is willing to go. Shiro also started preparing against the possibility that Sariel could intervene further, so if Sariel does do something she'll probably have to be really subtle about it - if Shiro gets pissed off again she might threaten/carry out another massacre in front of Sariel's eyes.

Plot twist: Sue uses Greed to steal Shun's Hero skill/title. (Is that even possible?)

Quote:
BTW with the inclusion of humility there are now more ways to endanger Shiro's plans. It is now confirmed that the system can give an individual power surpassing the 99 999 limit. This might not only apply to the humility ability but also to the hero system. Now what boost would Shun get if he would fight Ariel in her temporary god mode? Then again it's questionable if Ariel could bring forth that kind of power again... Also I have a feeling that Shiro's hacking into the system might backfire. Like her actually obtaining the maou title if Ariel dies. If then Shun and Shiro fought I wonder how much the hero title could improve his chances. We still don't know how much 3% is after all.
It depends how D implemented it. If D ensures that the 99,999 cap still applies when the Hero Title activates then it won't matter. D has generally been very careful but there are loopholes - eg the dimensional attack against D that used most of the energy in the System.

It's also worth bearing in mind that if Shun willingly goes against Shiro then his life becomes forfeit from Shiro's point of view. For now he's safe. Theoretically, Sariel might be able to take over Shun and force him to do things but Sariel doing such thing seems highly unlikely.
Old 2017-03-15, 08:30   Link #7549
Breimn

Even if somehow they do defeat Shiro the planet wont last long .The goal isnt simply to defeat Shiro but to convince her to help them , so they would have to find a way to save both the planet itself and the living beings. That while respecting Maou's wishes at the same time, that being saving the Goddess.
It may be an hard shot but it is their best chance . How they are going to do it tough?
And how is Shiro going to protect the reincarnators from whatever she is going to do?Or maybe the system collapsing wont have an effect on them since their souls arent affected that much by the system, thus not needing to be protected?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 08:56   Link #7550
EvilSociopath323

Quote:
Shiro said that the energy to recreate the Hero System came from some of the energy from the deaths from the Human-Demon Great War.
The relevant paragraphs are
Quote:

私は足早に女神に近づく。
その半身は、前に見たときよりも減っている。
私の想定よりずっと多く。
けど、それなのに、集まったエネルギーは私の想定したものよりも低い。
低くされた。
女神が余計な介入をしてきたせいで。
勇者システムの分解を、女神は邪魔してきた。
その身と、今回流入してきたエネルギーの一部を使って。
You're right that Sariel used some of the energy collected from the battle but it also seems that she used her self too.
Old 2017-03-15, 09:19   Link #7551
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSociopath323 View Post
The relevant paragraphs are

You're right that Sariel used some of the energy collected from the battle but it also seems that she used her self too.
Thanks. I'd forgotten that extra bit.

I translated it like this (274 - Hero Killing):
Quote:
However, despite that, the amount of energy collected was less than I had expected. It had been lessened. Because the Goddess had needlessly intervened. The Goddess obstructed the dismantling of the Hero System. Using her body, and a portion of the recent influx of energy.
It's probably going to be hard for the Goddess to directly intervene too much - she'll simply die. So I guess she'll have to somehow contact some third parties...
Old 2017-03-15, 09:40   Link #7552
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Even if somehow they do defeat Shiro the planet wont last long .The goal isnt simply to defeat Shiro but to convince her to help them , so they would have to find a way to save both the planet itself and the living beings. That while respecting Maou's wishes at the same time, that being saving the Goddess.
It may be an hard shot but it is their best chance . How they are going to do it tough?
Yep, the best thing they could do is get Ariel to change her mind. The worst thing they could do is attack Ariel (or Shiro). As Shiro said, if Ariel dies then she'll abandon the planet.

I doubt there's a quick solution. But Ariel only has a year to live. So, I don't think there's going to be a solution unless Ariel can be saved or her life extended.

Quote:
And how is Shiro going to protect the reincarnators from whatever she is going to do?Or maybe the system collapsing wont have an effect on them since their souls arent affected that much by the system, thus not needing to be protected?
Shiro said she's going to protect them. The System already has a facility to protect souls and Shiro plans to re-purpose that to protect just the reincarnators. She was willing to delay ending the System until the re-purposed facility is ready... What if she runs out of time (before Ariel's death)?
Old 2017-03-15, 17:14   Link #7553
kari-no-sugata II

Hmm. If Shiro knew what was going to happen at the elf village battle in advance, I wonder if she would have bothered with the Big Plan (tm) still...? She doesn't seem to regret taking the scenic route though - it's lower risk after all and the more time she has the better.

Another thought: Ariel's wish is to save the Goddess. But... what if she realises that her desire might kill Shiro. For example, if Shiro hasn't explained just how likely it is that she and Kuro might fight and then Ariel finds out, she might get worried. Maybe she'll ask Shiro if there's another way.

Though I'm not sure how much time Shiro can afford. Has she made a deal with D to return the reincarnators to Earth or not? Would be strange if she didn't. If so I'm guessing that Shiro has to complete Ariel's wish before she can return them, so she probably doesn't want to take too long.

Probably the easiest way to end the System and having as few casualties as possible would be to make it so that new born babies aren't connected to the System. With enough time that'll result in a smooth transition. But I suspect there's not enough time for that. Other way would be wide spread use of Skill Erasure, but that might be hard for people to accept. Shiro isn't too bothered about casualties, though I'm pretty sure she would like to avoid fighting Kuro if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
question. is there a site for the LN illustration to indicate whose who? I see in manga updates, with one showing kumo and blond girl. vampire girl? not sure which I why is there a post or site for it. to tell whose who.
Manga updates currently has the LN5 cover. That has Potimas (left) and Oka-chan (right) and Kumoko (background). LN4 has Sophia (center left) and Kumoko (background).

Images
covers for LN4 and LN5
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

There's also an image from LN2 showing (in order from left to right): Julius, Sue, Shun, Katia, Oka-chan.
Images
LN2 insert image

And this LN4 image has Ronant, Sophia and Ariel
Images
LN4 insert image
Old 2017-03-15, 20:15   Link #7554
Gerard07

Does anyone have the illustrations of LN5?
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 04:34   Link #7555
EvilSociopath323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Does anyone have the illustrations of LN5?
You can download the novels from a certain large Japanese anime/manga torrent web site for example. (nyaa.se)
Old 2017-03-16, 04:40   Link #7556
tsunade666

uwaaa. sensei is too strong. blond twin tails loli elf combo!

shun.... katia.... br/sis.... just explode already .

sue

Sophia.... her looks are far too good for a failure vampire girl. then again, she did have a reverse harem.

no illustration yet for oni~kun?

Ronant... man, old geezer looks cool.

thanks for the pic.
Old 2017-03-16, 05:03   Link #7557
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Sophia naturally had to be very beautiful that way we are able to properly trace her place in the 残念美人 family tree, just like Ariel Oh, there are images of baby Sophia as well.

I don't remember ever seeing an image for Oni-kun; I don't think summoner has one as well; that's probably because the Oni series hasn't started in the LN.

.... The artist really has his own way of giving that certain something to the chars. I feel that Ronant is s great example of that.
Old 2017-03-16, 06:03   Link #7558
J4n1

I mostly like the images, except i can't help but think Oka is bit too mature to what i would have expected of her.
And i utterly despise everything about Ariels wardrobe choices.
Well, the split cape is nice, but other than that...
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 06:14   Link #7559
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Sophia naturally had to be very beautiful that way we are able to properly trace her place in the 残念美人 family tree, just like Ariel Oh, there are images of baby Sophia as well.
Well, D set things so that the reincarnators would be generally blessed with good looks. Sophia might be particularly blessed.

Quote:
I don't remember ever seeing an image for Oni-kun; I don't think summoner has one as well; that's probably because the Oni series hasn't started in the LN.
Nope, no pics of Wrath yet. Ditto Kuro, Shiro, pope, Balto, Blow, ninja-kun, Felmina-chan (even though she has a POV chapter already)...

There's pics of Mera (badass!) and Yuri (officially romanised as "Euri") in LN5.

Quote:
.... The artist really has his own way of giving that certain something to the chars. I feel that Ronant is s great example of that.
Indeed.
Old 2017-03-17, 09:04   Link #7560
kari-no-sugata II

486 ("The Boy has a dream", or so) is out in raw. It's from Natsume's POV... reading now.

Spoiler for summary:

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2017-03-17 at 09:25.

Tags
fantasy, hero, maou, non-human mc, reincarnation