AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-20, 20:05   Link #1821
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The old school Isolationists would like that.
Old 2018-06-20, 20:32   Link #1822
The Green One

And to think we still have two more years of this garbage to look forward to at least.
Old 2018-06-20, 21:24   Link #1823
Blueknight78

what i feel it's funny is each time someone come and say "trump diservers a nobel prize" he comes and does something totally stupid to make it impossible, it's almost like he don't really want one.
Old 2018-06-21, 06:35   Link #1824
Ayato_kanzaki

The idiot still think he deserve a Nobel (anything that can feed his Ego) and probably don't see why his policy at the mexican border would go in the way of that. After all, he is protecting americans from the rapists and gang members...
Old 2018-06-21, 10:21   Link #1825
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
And to think we still have two more years of this garbage to look forward to at least.
At this rate this is going, it will be more than 2 years.
Old 2018-06-21, 12:02   Link #1826
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
At this rate this is going, it will be more than 2 years.
Doubt it, I'm not American but Economic aside, having this whole children separation thing is pretty a serious blow to political career of most people unless Trump actually accomplished some seriously amazing Economics results
Old 2018-06-21, 12:14   Link #1827
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They'll have forgotten by then.
Old 2018-06-21, 23:39   Link #1828
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Doubt it, I'm not American but Economic aside, having this whole children separation thing is pretty a serious blow to political career of most people unless Trump actually accomplished some seriously amazing Economics results
With the tariffs, that's more than unlikely. It's impossible to fully recover from those. Canada already started the campaign to boycott US products, and they are not holding back in telling people how to do it.

George H.W. Bush won the Gulf War, but that was just not enough to secure a second term when a certain Bill Clinton arrived in the picture against Bush's economic woes.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-06-22 at 00:56.
Old 2018-06-22, 16:00   Link #1829
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-22, 16:38   Link #1830
James Rye

I just don't get how Trump is doing this. And with this I mean being able to be so loved by the rep voters despite being one of the elite himself, clearing having his family make money using the position of the WH, making comments like grab her by the pussy or tariffs on anything and everybody, like he is everything they should hate aka the rep voters in the countryside and yet they love like he is the 2nd coming of Jesus. Was abortion rights and getting rid of Obama (&Hillary) so important to ignore all that? Just who will come after Trump? And can he or she even fix all that Trump has changed?
Old 2018-06-22, 17:08   Link #1831
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I just don't get how Trump is doing this.
Trump is doing nothing, all the heavy work is being done by Fox News and local TV stations that push the agenda of how evil is the left and how the repubs are a godsend.

Quote:
Just who will come after Trump? And can he or she even fix all that Trump has changed?
Remember how the USA used incendiary bombs all over japan in WWII and how it took 25 years to rebuild? That is the kind of political landscape that will be left after trump, it is not a matter of how to repair it, but how long will it take (meanwhile the rest of the world will keep moving).
Old 2018-06-22, 21:33   Link #1832
Key Board
Carbon

Trump is what his base voted for. He's not the cause. He's the symptom.
and right now what's important to them is "not looking weak" and "triggering leftists"
for a group that complains a lot about identity politics, it's the very crystallization of that

and for Trump, what's important is if he can project that he's "winning" in everything he does
sometimes this makes him go against typical GOP interests.
(Korea is important to him because he wants a Nobel Prize, and that made him go against the Military Industrial complex... for now?)

that being said, it's also true that Obama admin did a lot of bad things, that has in fact, has laid the foundation to perpetuate the things Trump is now doing.
Trump is a wake up call.

Last edited by Key Board; 2018-06-22 at 21:46.
Old 2018-06-23, 01:23   Link #1833
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Trump is what his base voted for. He's not the cause. He's the symptom.
and right now what's important to them is "not looking weak" and "triggering leftists"
for a group that complains a lot about identity politics, it's the very crystallization of that

and for Trump, what's important is if he can project that he's "winning" in everything he does
sometimes this makes him go against typical GOP interests.
(Korea is important to him because he wants a Nobel Prize, and that made him go against the Military Industrial complex... for now?)

that being said, it's also true that Obama admin did a lot of bad things, that has in fact, has laid the foundation to perpetuate the things Trump is now doing.
Trump is a wake up call.
Is Obama admin that bad, in all the talk regarding Obama so far i have had, they don't find him so bad.
Old 2018-06-23, 04:26   Link #1834
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Is Obama admin that bad, in all the talk regarding Obama so far i have had, they don't find him so bad.
What Obama did with migrant families vs. what Trump is doing

So... Kinda? But not "let's systematically kidnap children" bad.
Old 2018-06-23, 04:56   Link #1835
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What Obama did with migrant families vs. what Trump is doing

So... Kinda? But not "let's systematically kidnap children" bad.
Hard to say how historian will see Obama in 50 years, in the end he wasn't that good of a president (at least compared to how some of his follower still see his legacy), but with who served right before and after him, even a lame duck might end up looking good.
Old 2018-06-23, 05:54   Link #1836
The Green One

All sides were obsessed with their own agenda and the idea of compromise was when you pry it out of their cold dead hands. Being a lame duck is not solely Obama's fault.
Old 2018-06-23, 18:37   Link #1837
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

His ''war on whistleblower'', his increase of deportation and the dissapointment than was his first 2 years (when the dem had both chamber) can't be imputed on the republican, that was all his and the democrate responsibility.
Old 2018-06-23, 19:33   Link #1838
James Rye

Yeah, he should have tried to rush his stuff in the first 2 years but I guess he was too scared of what is Trump's real problem now - the party's own extreme sides in-fighting over the issues they want to see get made into law. Trump tries to get over that problem by choosing one side and crushing the other aka everyone who speaks against him has to be made to leave the party one way or the other, Obama tried to get over that problem by reaching out to the reps over and over again, to which ofc they just spit in his face. Trump's way of handling things seems to be working better than Obama's though it feels to me like the Rep party is becoming more and more of a cult than a party or rather it is just the "Trump Party" now and not really the Rep party anymore. I mean, death to free trading, groveling before a dictator with nukes and leaving deals through which the USA had control over the other countries via their economic strength? Doesn't really sound like the rep party I know from the past couple decades.
Old 2018-06-24, 13:11   Link #1839
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...602019329?s=12

Guess this is why he seems to get along so well with Fatty Kim.

Quote:
We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came. Our system is a mockery to good immigration policy and Law and Order. Most children come without parents...
What are we even getting at? Because they broke the law, they have no rights? Should that justify capturing and selling them then?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2018-06-24 at 13:26.
Old 2018-06-24, 13:45   Link #1840
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What are we even getting at?
Fascism

It is clear that trump is bashing institutions expecting either the law to change to suit his worldview or to destroy said institutions aka the erosion of the rule of law, which goes hand in hand the the repubs deregulation mantra.
Closed Thread