AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-11, 23:52   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 728 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Time to get down to business! Credit goes to AP's Redon for this summary:

Quote:
​- Violet is princess Viola.
- Monet was a ​​handmaid in the Palace. She kidnapped Viola with Dolfamingo's crew.
- ​​Dolfamingo defeated King Riku and the army. They became Dressrosa's heroes.
- Toy Soldier confirms that Viola joined Dolfamingo's crew for saving King Riku.
- More fighters get turned into toys​.
- Luffy meets Zoro and Kinemon and talks to them but Bellamy stands behind.

​End of chapter.​

So it's confirmed that Violet is also a princess after all (and I guess Rebecca's sister). Sadly, I already see this resulting in more arguments in favor of her joining the Straw-Hats....

Also kinda curious as to why Dofla didn't keep Monet in Dressrosa? It looks like she would have been a lot more useful by his side rather than keeping her with Caesar. I also see the spoiler didn't mention Barto, but I hope we do see more of his blind fanboyism! As far as Bellamy goes, there's no way I can see him going through with that assassination (at least not successfully, anyway).....

Edit: Interesting, a second summary appeared and mentions that the toys, and not just the human residents of Dressrosa, are ALSO in danger of losing their memories. In that case, I'm even more curious about the source of the memory loss now.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-11-12 at 00:04.
Old 2013-11-12, 13:39   Link #2
Rainbowman

So her color name is a cover for her music instrument name. Funny, she doesn't look Dressrosain.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:06   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think Viola is Rebecca's aunt rather than her sister.
Old 2013-11-12, 18:51   Link #4
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If anything, this just improves Rebecca's chances for joining the crew instead of Viola
Old 2013-11-12, 18:53   Link #5
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think Viola is Rebecca's aunt rather than her sister.
I would believe this more since a sister was never shown or mentioned by the toy soldier or in rebecca's flashback. Just gotta wait for the chapter now
Old 2013-11-12, 18:56   Link #6
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If anything, this just improves Rebecca's chances for joining the crew instead of Viola
Yeas because there is a legitimate successor to the Kingdom. The case with Alabasta was because there wasn't any other royal member left than Vivi to continue.

Also, there was huge debate over who will get the Meri Meri fruit, it would sound pretty good if Rebecca was the one who receives it.
Old 2013-11-13, 03:25   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Hey, remember when a bunch of people figured that Shirahoshi would join not only because of the ancient weapon thing, but because she had three older brothers who were all capable of holding the country's political weight? Boy, those sure were some swell times, huh?

Anyway, the raw is out. Wow, we finally get to see the full designs of Dofla's 3 officers! Pica actually looks pretty badass, too (in fact, he looks more like a representative of the colisseum than Diamante does, lol). We also see the other Dofla servants in the flashback too (like a younger Baby 5, a Lao G who's wearing some goofy superhero outfit, a somewhat slimmer Jora, that loli girl who was STILL a loli even back then, etc.). Also, apparently Dofla was actually intent on kidnapping Viola (aka Violet) because of her DF power......

Also, something else amusing to point out: Robin makes the Eneru "shocked" face this chapter! And I guess I should also mention that Monet appears in the flashback this chapter, who IMO looks a LOT like a lighter-haired Tashigi with the glasses she's wearing....
Old 2013-11-13, 03:35   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I lost it at Robin Enel face.

Also mystery loli was loli ten years ago, what. The hell is up with her.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-11-13 at 04:04.
Old 2013-11-13, 05:44   Link #9
mrShady

Wasn't there a loli in the Baroque Works arc as well (that paint girl)?
And looks wise Jora is also really similar to that molewoman...
I can't help but think that Oda is doing this on purpose.
Old 2013-11-13, 06:43   Link #10
Archaeon

I also strongly believe Rebecca will eat the Mera Mera fruit and join Straw Hat crew.
Old 2013-11-13, 06:56   Link #11
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Actually, Robin surprised me twice in this chapter. First by stating she can't forgive Dofla, and then by the Enel shocked face. I'm not sure I understand her reactions, she tends to be rather stoic in *ANY* situation.
Old 2013-11-13, 07:40   Link #12
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I believe that after everything blows over and Doflamingo is defeated Viola is gonna inherit the kingdom and she asks Sanji to become her royal consort.
Old 2013-11-13, 08:08   Link #13
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Interesting, a second summary appeared and mentions that the toys, and not just the human residents of Dressrosa, are ALSO in danger of losing their memories. In that case, I'm even more curious about the source of the memory loss now.....
I am curious even more for how the lost memory work, even a great warrior like Cinjao could lost his memory easily, by the time his family turned into toys.
Old 2013-11-13, 09:23   Link #14
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Actually, Robin surprised me twice in this chapter. First by stating she can't forgive Dofla, and then by the Enel shocked face. I'm not sure I understand her reactions, she tends to be rather stoic in *ANY* situation.
Since the timing of her realization came when she was talking about Dofla's plan, I'm fairly confident she realized it was identical to the plan Crocodile used eight years later... which she was a part of. Basically "That's such a clever and sinister plan. (.... !! wait a sec....!)"
Which would explain her determination later on and anger.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:28   Link #15
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Hey, remember when a bunch of people figured that Shirahoshi would join not only because of the ancient weapon thing, but because she had three older brothers who were all capable of holding the country's political weight? Boy, those sure were some swell times, huh?
Who said shes not going to join eventually?

Last edited by paradox13; 2013-11-13 at 12:41.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:44   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Never thought I'd see Robin make that kind of face
Old 2013-11-13, 11:07   Link #17
mrShady

I wonder what would happen if King Riku is turned into a toy. If everybody forgets him wouldn't that mean they'd lose their hatred towards the former royal family?
Also is it still possible for all the toy people to turn back? Or are they stuck like this forever (I mean it's been 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if it is permanent).
Old 2013-11-13, 12:59   Link #18
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I wonder what would happen if King Riku is turned into a toy. If everybody forgets him wouldn't that mean they'd lose their hatred towards the former royal family?
Also is it still possible for all the toy people to turn back? Or are they stuck like this forever (I mean it's been 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if it is permanent).
King Riku won't be turned into a toy. Trebol carefully chooses which ones shall be turned into toys, and leave the others with no memories of them. If King Riku were to be turned into a toy the citizens of Dressrosa would forget everything about him, and that wouldn't be good for Doflamingo's interests.
Old 2013-11-13, 13:07   Link #19
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
King Riku won't be turned into a toy. Trebol carefully chooses which ones shall be turned into toys, and leave the others with no memories of them. If King Riku were to be turned into a toy the citizens of Dressrosa would forget everything about him, and that wouldn't be good for Doflamingo's interests.
I know, that's why I said would and not will. I'm just wondering what the effects would be.
Could be funny though if they did change him by accident.

Any way does anyone know why don Chinjao was also left alone? Does his kings haki play a role or is there another reason?
Old 2013-11-13, 15:04   Link #20
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Its probably just not his turn yet.
As we could see the people remaining are losing their memories, so it's very important in which order they turn the people into toys.
Why would that matter?
Whoever is turned into a toy is forgotten. So even if his gran kids were last it wouldn't matter they'd soon forget him any way.

Still don't get the link though between changing into a toy and having to follow a certain set of rules as well as being forgotten it's a bit too multifaceted to be just one DF (and way too OP).

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-11-13 at 16:25.
Closed Thread