Notices

Old 2010-08-13, 04:50   Link #2801
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
It's been a very, very, long two days
Indeed... 6 episodes = 2 days, those days must last forever....
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 04:55   Link #2802
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Not to mention ep.4 had flashbacks! Ugh...that hurt this series a bit. They shouldn't do such things in just 4 episodes.
Old 2010-08-13, 05:05   Link #2803
ZeKeR
Superbad

every second for them must have took a minute. you might notice that once you always do it, it feels that you dont even realize the time passing.
Old 2010-08-13, 06:04   Link #2804
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Epic new Newtype scan, which i'm sure a lot of you (including myself) are going to love.

Old 2010-08-13, 06:24   Link #2805
numb3rs

yeah,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I agree although Saya is not my favorite i feel her and Saeko have proportional size breast. Shizuka is just WAY too big there is nothing exciting about looking at them they are more grotesque than anything.
i agree with everything exept i wouldn't say grotesque, but it's definatley not somthing i like. she has a cute face, but again they're just too much.

saeko isthebest.
numb3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 06:52   Link #2806
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Man .. Why do peoples still feels that there are alcohol in the bathroom.. The girls all have the apartment to themselves! Takashi and Hirano was inside the main bedroom when Shizuka ambushed them.

Is it that hard to imagine that they gone to the kitchen for those beverages after bath?

oh btw.. image time
Spoiler:
Oh come on, not the censorship thingy.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 06:54   Link #2807
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

New Character

Doreamon
Old 2010-08-13, 06:56   Link #2808
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Not really new since she was in the OP from the very beginning
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 06:58   Link #2809
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I was wondering who she was at first, but then looked at the manga and found out. (I love how Takashi solves the problem with her crying, which resolves in the other way around in the opening) (I din't mean that Takashi cried, but he had a sad face, which made the girl think she can help it with colorful flowers)
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 07:16   Link #2810
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Got a point there man. Hmm....No fanart or official images of her.
Old 2010-08-13, 08:01   Link #2811
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Viewers could prob put 2 and 2 together. Risky behaviours are better left implied especially since teens in the US can watch this version legally.
Yeah, I think I assumed the viewers would put two and two together. So they left it out to save time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
nooooooooooo~~~~!!!!

It's censored!!!!
Thank GOD I waited for the uncensored airing. Those are pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Epic new Newtype scan, which i'm sure a lot of you (including myself) are going to love.

Yeah...Saeko is awesome. The character and the voice. So win. Speaking of voice...Sawashiro Miyuki really does voice awesome characters, all the time.
Old 2010-08-13, 08:04   Link #2812
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Thank GOD I waited for the uncensored airing. Those are pretty bad.
Just so you know, the ANN stream which most people watched here wasn't as bad as that image is showing. Looks like a photoshop job.
Old 2010-08-13, 08:15   Link #2813
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEZ1n7 View Post
Hm, I was a bit bothered watching Rei in episode 6. It's been 6 episodes already but in the anime 2 days passed. First day, her boyfriend died, and the next day, she's all over Takashi. AND even before she was all over him she talked about Hisashi and comparing him to Takashi.

Takashi is a great man and he's the childhood friend of Rei and probably he said something that made her want to kiss him and stuff, but loosing her boyfriend in a horrifying incident and then being all greedy to a friend and making out with him the next day...? It's just weird. o_o
It's been a very, very, long two days.
Indeed. The nature of the broadcast timeline makes it difficult for viewers to appreciate the actual amount of time that has lapsed within the anime's world.

To me, it seems that a great of the hatred being directed at Rei stems from the feeling that she's a "loose woman", jumping from one guy to the next within just two days. But that perception does not take into account the probable fact that her relationship with Hisashi was likely very recent, quite possibly not more than three- to four-months old.

In Ep6, Rei revealed that she turned to Hisashi because she was depressed about being held back a year. Now, bear in mind that the story starts in early spring (cue to scenes of cherry blossoms), near the start of a new school year, possibly in late March or early April.

Putting two and two together, I highly suspect that Rei started going out with Hisashi only late into the third term of their second year, somewhere between January and March. Why? Because that's the only likely period when Rei could have learnt that she had to repeat a year, as that is probably when examination and promotion results are released (from a brief scene in Ep1, it strongly appears that she discovered the news only after Takashi learnt that he had flunked his examinations).

Now, with these facts in hand, let's start putting things in perspective: Takashi and Rei were probably an unofficial couple since grade school. That's a relationship of several years, during which time they had become so familiar with each other that they fight like long-time lovers. When you compare this with the nascent relationship that Rei had with Hisashi, it becomes clearer why it's so easy for Rei's feelings for Takashi to be rekindled, despite the recentness of Hisashi's passing.

At the same time, it wasn't as though Takashi had made it easy for Rei. As kenjiharima described:
Quote:
Bottom line if Takashi had man up a bit before it would have been them and Rei from the start and Hisashi would just be the best friend. Though in HOTD they made Hisashi x Rei at the start of highschool while Tak's lol is in emo mode over that matter. 2 girls point interest, but later as we see it's still Takashi x Rei for now.......
If there is one thing that girls don't like in a relationship, it's the feeling of insecurity. Despite all the years in which they had been more than just "best friends", Takashi never once took the initiative to show that he truly wanted Rei as a girlfriend. Yet Rei put up with it, until she finally faced a personal crisis. At the time when she most needed a shoulder to cry on, Takashi wasn't there to provide it.

In my opinion, that's more than sufficient grounds for Rei to "dump" Takashi. In the end, it wasn't really so much a case of Rei betraying Takashi, as it was a case of Takashi having failed Rei. But the events of the last two days have changed everything, bringing out a side of Takashi that Rei always suspected was there, a certain decisiveness that she hadn't seen until now.

So, again, when you consider the long history the two of them shared, it's really not that hard to understand why Rei seems so interested in Takashi again. I really don't see it as a sign of "loose behaviour" at all.

And the constant bickering that the two of them engage in? That's just another indication of how well the both of them know each other — to the point that Takashi doesn't hesitate to slap Rei just to snap her to her senses; and also to the point where Rei keeps needling Takashi, because she knows how he usually puts up with it.

Hence her shock at his angry outburst at the stairs. She didn't use to get such reactions from him in the past, but now she can. In a way, her advance towards him immediately afterwards was simply her unspoken way of saying sorry.

Because, if you think about it, between two people who already know each other so well, what need is there, really, for more words?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 08:53   Link #2814
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
oh btw.. image time
Spoiler:
I think, this is betta also, dunno if this was posted already, anyway
Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-13, 09:06   Link #2815
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
to the point that Takashi doesn't hesitate to slap Rei just to snap her to her senses; and also to the point where Rei keeps needling Takashi, because she knows how he usually puts up with it.
With this I can deduct Rei is a masochist. lol J/K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I think, this is betta also, dunno if this was posted already, anyway
Spoiler:
Ahh...yes heals my eyes of those censored ones.

LOL Cool locations.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:27   Link #2816
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just so you know, the ANN stream which most people watched here wasn't as bad as that image is showing. Looks like a photoshop job.
Oh, really? That's pretty funny. Good troll I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Spoiler for Length:
I see...I see. Now it makes more sense. I thought her staying behind was because of Hisashi but it was something else. And since Takashi was still around Rei, she never forgot about him or her feelings, so that adds to the okay of her sudden turn of emotions. I do think the scene would have been better if they put more focus on the physical dependence Rei was seeking in Takashi and why she resorted to kissing him to convey her feelings. But if we did that, we'd lose time with the other characters. Well, they gave us enough to discern the situation and their feelings.

Quote:
Because, if you think about it, between two people who already know each other so well, what need is there, really, for more words?
I'd give you an award just for that line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Yes...much, lol. Hmmm....I guess the BD/DVD will reduce the number of suds and give Shizuka nipples because anatomically speaking...they should be in view, lol.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:34   Link #2817
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

We've been looking too much on the ecchi part.

Anyone wanna see the bloody mess the DVD and BluRay will bring in later on?
I think there will be more cut scenes zombies eating humans here.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:35   Link #2818
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Indeed. The nature of the broadcast timeline makes it difficult for viewers to appreciate the actual amount of time that has lapsed within the anime's world.

To me, it seems that a great of the hatred being directed at Rei stems from the feeling that she's a "loose woman", jumping from one guy to the next within just two days. But that perception does not take into account the probable fact that her relationship with Hisashi was likely very recent, quite possibly not more than three- to four-months old.

In Ep6, Rei revealed that she turned to Hisashi because she was depressed about being held back a year. Now, bear in mind that the story starts in early spring (cue to scenes of cherry blossoms), near the start of a new school year, possibly in late March or early April.

Putting two and two together, I highly suspect that Rei started going out with Hisashi only late into the third term of their second year, somewhere between January and March. Why? Because that's the only likely period when Rei could have learnt that she had to repeat a year, as that is probably when examination and promotion results are released (from a brief scene in Ep1, it strongly appears that she discovered the news only after Takashi learnt that he had flunked his examinations).

Now, with these facts in hand, let's start putting things in perspective: Takashi and Rei were probably an unofficial couple since grade school. That's a relationship of several years, during which time they had become so familiar with each other that they fight like long-time lovers. When you compare this with the nascent relationship that Rei had with Hisashi, it becomes clearer why it's so easy for Rei's feelings for Takashi to be rekindled, despite the recentness of Hisashi's passing.

At the same time, it wasn't as though Takashi had made it easy for Rei. As kenjiharima described:

If there is one thing that girls don't like in a relationship, it's the feeling of insecurity. Despite all the years in which they had been more than just "best friends", Takashi never once took the initiative to show that he truly wanted Rei as a girlfriend. Yet Rei put up with it, until she finally faced a personal crisis. At the time when she most needed a shoulder to cry on, Takashi wasn't there to provide it.

In my opinion, that's more than sufficient grounds for Rei to "dump" Takashi. In the end, it wasn't really so much a case of Rei betraying Takashi, as it was a case of Takashi having failed Rei. But the events of the last two days have changed everything, bringing out a side of Takashi that Rei always suspected was there, a certain decisiveness that she hadn't seen until now.

So, again, when you consider the long history the two of them shared, it's really not that hard to understand why Rei seems so interested in Takashi again. I really don't see it as a sign of "loose behaviour" at all.

And the constant bickering that the two of them engage in? That's just another indication of how well the both of them know each other — to the point that Takashi doesn't hesitate to slap Rei just to snap her to her senses; and also to the point where Rei keeps needling Takashi, because she knows how he usually puts up with it.

Hence her shock at his angry outburst at the stairs. She didn't use to get such reactions from him in the past, but now she can. In a way, her advance towards him immediately afterwards was simply her unspoken way of saying sorry.

Entire shows use this sort of interplay between the male and the female leads all the time. While it might be because Rei tends to be portrayed as bit more volatile and undecided as a person, I find it odd that a lot of hate's being piled upon her when the way she acts has been used and overused by a few shows before. The male and female lead fighting, getting together, fighting again, having intimacy issues etc. etc. has been used before, and honestly to a much better extent.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:47   Link #2819
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
New Character

Doreamon
LOL i love this pic someone needs to rock this as their sig.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:51   Link #2820
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Oh god Fujiko Fujio HOTD. This is pure win.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse