AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-27, 12:46   Link #21
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwheel
The show deffinately hasn't been as good as it was since episode 19, with the exception of the scene where Sasuke fights with Orochimaru, and episode 71.
I think it's retarded how they don't keep consistantcy with the animation too. It's like certain episodes they break out the good animation and leave it to someone else to animate the filler.
Edit. Thats your complete sentence without the bad part ^________________^
Congrat!
JOJOS'STAR is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 12:54   Link #22
Feran
>.>;; o.o
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Too bad you're getting this series for free...
Hm.. and it's not like I could just go to a friend's house in Japan and watch it on public television.. right..

Oh and by the way -- We *do* pay. We see the advertisements at the beginning saying who the sponsors are. Baka -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
oh, and that you are probably not Japanese,
Racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
since if you're not your opinion doesn't matter to the creators at all.
Wow, I didn't know the creators were racist too. You must be buds with them, right? You know them personally? And what kind of people would use race to determine if an audience's opinions are valid or not. Anyone is open to constructive criticism, unless they're selfish and don't want to improve. I don't think *everyone* is a racist like you, Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
I am just a silly gajin who "pirates" anime.
Oh jesus, not everyone creates art for money. You should create art because you love it, or not do it at all. Doing it for greedy intentions is impure. I program for fun, not for money. Don't listen to that Sasuke guy -.- He's illogical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
I think this post qualifies you as one of the biggest morons on the entire planet. The Naruto story has done nothing but get better and better and now with the Konoha War arc where the story is going to an entirely new level of greatness.
You broke the flaming rules of this forum, number one, and number two, it'd just be too hard to support that statement with evidence, wouldn't it? You're the one who sounds like a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja
i agree...naruto keeps getting better.

people are just going to start hating on it with the more popularity it gets,
Can anyone give an opinion with evidence or facts nowadays?

I said that the animation is getting poorer. All you do is bash me like children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyme
if it's the current storyline you dislike,
Where did I say I didn't like the storyline? I read the manga and I love the storyline. I'm saying the visual end is losing its passion. Am I such a horrible person for stating my opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko
You are an idiot.
Stop complaining.

*(Underpaid? Umm yea.. very.. Not much motivation to do super work, they will get paid the same if they work their butt off or try harder)
Note to world: Life is not just about money. There are things more important in life than money, like friendship, love, and your passion in life.

And thank you for once again, not supporting your opinion. This forum is filled with unsubstantiated jerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
My suggestion to Feran: read the manga, then realise how silly you are being.
My suggestion to GreyArea: read my post, and then you'll find out that I said I read the manga, still do, and enjoy it muchly.

~~~

Personally, I don't think Naruto is turning into DBZ *shudder* and if it does I will have to commit hari kari, but on another note, I was just commenting that it feels like the show is degrading, and I hope it picks up again sometime.

I didn't know that stating my opinion here would result in unsubstantiated flames and other such immature actions, but I am hoping that the next time you post, at least give a reason why you say something.
Feran is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 13:20   Link #23
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Too bad you're getting this series for free...oh, and that you are probably not Japanese, since if you're not your opinion doesn't matter to the creators at all.
Dude just because you have "Sasuke" as your handle, doesn't mean you have to be a dick like him.
Feran-san you have a good point, but I don't really care too much about animation as long as the story still there.
Bun-kun is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 13:53   Link #24
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Naruto=DBZ with ninjas is the biggest compliment you could possibly give the anime, and Kishimoto would love to hear that.

I love when morons try to act like DBZ is some horrible anime, DBZ is not only the most popular anime of all time, but also the most influential.

Series like Naruto,Hunter X Hunter,One Piece,Rurouni Kenshin,Getbackers,Yu Yu Hakusho, and many other fan favorites have ALL taken many elements from DBZ and just given it a few new twists here and there.

I am just so utterly sick of anime noobs who try to build credibilty by saying DBZ sucks, people that do that are the biggest losers on the face of the earth.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 13:56   Link #25
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feran
Personally, I don't think Naruto is turning into DBZ *shudder* and if it does I will have to commit hari kari.
*Here is a knife*


Good ridance.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 13:57   Link #26
rudycrab
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Feran your opinion is completely valid but , like most for the other ones expressed here, it has no supporting evidence. Not everyone would agree that the animation has degraded. Some people like it more. I mean I can talk about how Rembrant's later work blows all I want but it doesn't mean its a universal evidence supported truth. So you don't like the way Naruto anime is going, what is there to discuss about that. People either agree or they don't.
rudycrab is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 14:00   Link #27
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
People should be able to express one's opinion freely here. It's obvious a lot of members yearn for the quality of animation we all saw earlier. Some of us just simply want to have that again. What is wrong with having quality all the time. The last time I heard it was still free to express this freely.
pathyfinder is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 14:08   Link #28
Feran
>.>;; o.o
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudycrab
Feran your opinion is completely valid but , like most for the other ones expressed here, it has no supporting evidence. Not everyone would agree that the animation has degraded. Some people like it more. I mean I can talk about how Rembrant's later work blows all I want but it doesn't mean its a universal evidence supported truth. So you don't like the way Naruto anime is going, what is there to discuss about that. People either agree or they don't.
Yeah, we all have valid opinions.

As pathyfinder is saying, people have to be an *ss about it.

I see posts like "moron" "idiot" without any substantiation. A nice, "well i disagree because" is a much uh, friendlier and more contributional way of putting it.

going into a person's thread and saying, "OMFG!! U SUK UR DUMB UR A MORON" is called trolling
Feran is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 14:26   Link #29
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
the only degradation I've seen in Naruto is in the animation... imo... the story has always been interesting/entertaining for an anime of this type.... u can't expect artistic expression or innovation from shonen animem, especially Naruto.... it's made simple cuz it's supposed to appeal to the masses and hordes of children and adolescents.... it's all about the money and marketing products relating to the show (dammit, I even bought the GC game).... that's just how it works.... if u want to watch more thoughtful and artistic anime, check the suggestion board for some... I personally suggest Gungrave...
__________________
Prince of Chronics is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 14:41   Link #30
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 35
Are we talking about animation or story?

Personally, I prefer a strong story over strong animation.

Almost every shonen manga has some sort of 'character progresses/advances' deal. However, I don't like the direction Naruto has chosen, with power becoming a bit more defined rather than the 'Even though Shikamaru might have a small amount of chakra, he can win because of how he uses his talents'.

We're seeing shortcuts in the use of 'One pill will allow you to move at full speed, all-out, for three days without resting or eating.'
'This seal will increase your power.'
Spoiler:


The animation...I'm not a big fan of it, but sacrifices have to be made in certain areas for better flow in others.

Compare these two images of Batman:
http://www.paperbackbazaar.com/img/batmansuperman1.jpg
http://www.alexrossart.com/gallery/c...anscars_lg.jpg

Notice how in the second pic, Batman appears much more realistic, but in the first one (much more cartoonish) he appears dynamic and ready for action. The second one may look better as a still, but it cannot believably be a superhero moving the way you expect Batman to.
raikage is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 14:50   Link #31
m8-
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Heh, stop acting like children.

Now, about the anime - Feran, I think you wrong. It's been already have mentioned that various of groups are drawing the anime. Nevertheless, they all in different levels. There is different. You could sense the quality being twisted numerous of time. However, you shall not worry, all the good and important parts will be drawn by the good group

In addition to it, they are in a hurry.


About the DBZ thing, you're absolutely right. K is effected from DBZ. Let's just hope Naruto doesn't get into a low level.
m8- is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 15:18   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
Series like Naruto,Hunter X Hunter,One Piece,Rurouni Kenshin,Getbackers,Yu Yu Hakusho, and many other fan favorites have ALL taken many elements from DBZ and just given it a few new twists here and there.
It's not because Db(Z) is probably the first shonen which you saw that it is the first of his kind, the shonen manga didn't appear with Db in 1984.

DB share many elements with the others shonen, elements which exist since way before Toriyama became a mangaka.

The real originality of Toriyama was is universe of fight and humour mixed, and the level of power for dbz but that's all.

DB was a very great manga which has indeed inspired the new generation of mangakas, but is itself inspired by older manga.
Hunter is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 15:39   Link #33
thirdwheel
godless
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 0100101011011
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to thirdwheel
Quote:
Naruto=DBZ with ninjas is the biggest compliment you could possibly give the anime, and Kishimoto would love to hear that.
No he wouldn't. He would say "Oh shit my work is uncreative and bland. I should cut off my fingers right away from fear that I may unknowingly create another abomination."
Personally, I am talking about the anime here, for both Naruto and DBZ, and not the manga. The manga of each, I have never read, and I'm sure he has little to no control over what they are doing to his series in the studio.


Quote:
I love when morons try to act like DBZ is some horrible anime, DBZ is not only the most popular anime of all time, but also the most influential.

Series like Naruto,Hunter X Hunter,One Piece,Rurouni Kenshin,Getbackers,Yu Yu Hakusho, and many other fan favorites have ALL taken many elements from DBZ and just given it a few new twists here and there.
Pop music boy bands are popular as hell right now, but I seriously doubt that you like them. Old school hip hop influenced current rap music, I'm sure you don't care for that either. If something is popular or influential, why should it automatically decide wether I like something or not?
I don't see how you like DBZ, but:
Congratulations. You have an OPINION.


Quote:
I am just so utterly sick of anime noobs who try to build credibilty by saying DBZ sucks, people that do that are the biggest losers on the face of the earth.
I am just so utterly sick of anime noobs who try to build credibility by saying other people aren't allowed to have differing OPINIONS, people that do that are the biggest losers on the face of the earth.
thirdwheel is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 15:40   Link #34
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Talking

oh boy!1

this is all looping back the "dude different teams are working on it."

Anyways is has been a lil weaker, but to me it's all masked by the events happening in the story. So no real concernes about it ... plus be thankful it's not as bad as the kiba-naruto fight , now that was weak...
Lexander is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 15:45   Link #35
thirdwheel
godless
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 0100101011011
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to thirdwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
oh boy!1

this is all looping back the "dude different teams are working on it."

Anyways is has been a lil weaker, but to me it's all masked by the events happening in the story. So no real concernes about it ... plus be thankful it's not as bad as the kiba-naruto fight , now that was weak...
Yeah, the attack where the big Looney Toons dust cloud of flying Kibas had less frames of animation than your avatar.
thirdwheel is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 15:59   Link #36
GreyArea
Meatf***er
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: UK
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feran
My suggestion to GreyArea: read my post, and then you'll find out that I said I read the manga, still do, and enjoy it muchly.
Im somewhat confused by this, you've read the manga, and having known where the story is going, you're complaining about it as though you're only current with the anime:
Quote:
Now, it seems like Naruto's just trying to be cool. The animation quality has degraded. I don't know who the new animator is, but I personally enjoyed the old one better. There is much less detail, much less of a strong plot, and now it seems like the marketers have taken over Naruto, emphasizing pathetic "coolness" over the traditional, honor-based nature of the series.

I don't know what it is exactly. Sometimes it just feels rushed. Sometimes it looks like they didn't care about what was going on, as long as they released that next episode. I'd rather have quality episodes once every two weeks, than having to do a rush job because a mob of angry fans would kill me.
See, now, you should know that the story in the manga is reaching towards the end of a story arc which is going to have a massive impact on the rest of the story. I find it hard to believe anyone would find it boring (unless you doint like the fighting, but that begs the question: why are you watching a shonen anime?), considering how much is riding on the actions of the characters in these coming chapters.

So, you have a problem with the filler content in the anime? Or are you just not making any sense?
GreyArea is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 17:32   Link #37
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 35
Repost without the....bad stuff....

Kishimoto said he liked Dragonball/Z until the Frieza saga. From what I understand (haven't watched Z) it's fairly early on in the series, and so I don't know if he would consider the comparison a compliment. He may, like many other people on this forum (and possibly Toriyama himself) got tired of it.

Just looked. Toriyama did indeed want to end the show after Frieza, but felt that he should have continued for the sake of his fans.

ADDITION: Apologies to Sway for having to clean this up.
raikage is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 17:39   Link #38
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Funny how this post is DBZ vs. Naruto in disguise!!!
Bun-kun is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 17:51   Link #39
Youko
Evil Monkey
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lost
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Youko
Feran.. perhaps I was being a jerk. I'm sorry.. but I can't help it. Lately, almost every new anime episode release has people complaining about the animation quality.

I ignored them all the other times.. I just had to say something now.
Yes, I was a bit harsh. It was more directed at everyone who complains.

I am not denying that the animation is bad quality. (It could use some work..) We can have constructive criticism and discussion of it. It seems this is that. I'm sorry, I figured this would just be another "OMG the animation SUCKS why dont they make it better?" thread.


Life isn't about money? No, it's not. I know there are more important things such as you listed. I have those. That doesn't mean I won't change my additute at my job based on my payment. I don't know the animators, and their passions. I don't know if they like their job or hate it. But I'm guessing if they were really passionate about it, their work would be better. But I'm sure its a stressed filled job and they have constant deadlines.
Youko is offline  
Old 2004-02-27, 18:04   Link #40
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feran
Personally, I don't think Naruto is turning into DBZ *shudder* and if it does I will have to commit hari kari, .
Man, I sure hope it turns into DBZ fast then, because the world would be a better place without idiots like you in it.
Lost World is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.