AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-12, 17:15   Link #6041
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Or he could just leave the erased universes as is but ask that their people be revived and moved to universe 7. doing so would also have the benefit of raising the mortal level of universe 7 which is the cause of them being in this tournament.
Though, depending on how mortal level is measured (mean, median, summation, etc), it might not raise it all that much.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 17:53   Link #6042
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

New news about the movie. Straight from Toriyama
- Movie is set a little after the tournament of power end
- Deals with Saiyan origins, as well as Freeza vs Saiyans
- Yamamuro is not involved in the movie. I REPEAT, HE IS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE MOVIE
- Manga is going to continue after the ToP to adapt Tori's new story
If Freeza wins, I believe there will be no universes wished back. The madman might actually use his wish for his selfishness
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 18:14   Link #6043
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Who is Yamamuro?
Old 2018-03-12, 18:44   Link #6044
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the movie is going to be both a prequel showing the saiyans' origins and a sequel from the sound of it. I wonder how it will be presented.
Old 2018-03-12, 19:14   Link #6045
GDB

Why do I get the feeling Frieza's wish is going to be something stupid like wishing to be able to destroy the Saiyans before Super Saiyans existed?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 21:45   Link #6046
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Who is Yamamuro?
Character designer for anime, he is the one who design the main "model", the other animator based on his design to draw and animating
Old 2018-03-12, 23:54   Link #6047
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
actually this is not really a "good solution" this is one of the worst, because we can ending with a "over populated universe".
This is Dragon Ball and you are overthinking about those issues.

Pretty sure that 8 universe were under populated or else they wont have to compete for their survival in ToP.

Zeno's goal was to removed 7 universe, so simply wishing those 7 universes back is definitely don't bode well with 2 Zeno. Zeno would rather have 5 universe to govern instead of having 12 universe at this point.

Plus, it would be hilarious to see all 8 angels and GoD leeching at Bulma's house the food. Having U6 Saiyan, U2 Magical Girls and U11 Pride Trooper working together to protect and defend the U7 seems pretty fun idea too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

Fixed it.
Thanks. Goku terrorising them seems pretty in-character for Goku.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 07:42   Link #6048
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
Character designer for anime, he is the one who design the main "model", the other animator based on his design to draw and animating
Good, possibility for other type of design.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 08:22   Link #6049
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sixth: Mortal levels are about both population and intelligence, probably. If population is also factored in. And I think they can still find a way to prevent the Zenos from erasing the universes again. There must be a way.

Also, guys. Don't forget that one needs to know the Language of the Gods to be able to make a wish on the Super Dragon Balls. Frieza doesn't know that language, so it's already hopeless for him (unless we get some sort of twist where it turns out like he learned the language somehow).

Anyway, @BladeMancer, thanks for the info on the new movie.

I was thinking it'd be just a prequel showing the Saiyans' origins with the first Super Saiyan as the main character, so this is a surprise. So I wonder if Goku and Vegeta will be told that story while we see a flashback?
Old 2018-03-13, 08:40   Link #6050
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Good, possibility for other type of design.
this can be good, i'm already tired of almost everyone look like or "frieza" or cell or piccolo (villians) and heroes almost everyone looks like goku and girls almost everyone looks like or bulma or number 18, if anything i'v aways had problem in dragon ball is how "lack of creativity" toryama" and dragon ball aways was, most of the characters awats looks like the "same with just a different hair or "color", specially womans and the villians, which basically you could really have at best 3 to max of 8 different design and just all of them are a sort of "reskin" of that same designs over and over, specially frieza and cell skins.
Old 2018-03-13, 11:26   Link #6051
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Sixth: Mortal levels are about both population and intelligence, probably. If population is also factored in. And I think they can still find a way to prevent the Zenos from erasing the universes again. There must be a way
What choice do you think they have?

Without merging, each universe will still have shitty mortal rating when they got revived. Merging would probably increase their rating to "safe" level. Definitely something worth to gamble for.
Old 2018-03-13, 11:32   Link #6052
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, but the mortal levels can still increase somehow I think. If they wait a while, until more smart people show up in those universes. And like we already said, Goku could convince the Zenos to not erase the universes and just have an all-universe tournament every year with no strings attached. Zenos get their fun watching the tournaments and no one gets erased (unless they ask for it with their own actions, like Frieza might if he tries to manipulate the gods and gets found out).
Old 2018-03-13, 12:04   Link #6053
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the movie will have a new antagonist, meaning it won't be all about Frieza.

Goku sure looks different in the promotional illustration. Closer to his saiyan saga design.
Old 2018-03-13, 13:05   Link #6054
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You got more info on the movie? Where?
Old 2018-03-13, 15:52   Link #6055
sayde

All I could find was this. In it, Toriyama states the following:

Quote:
"The Dragon Ball Super movie this time around will be the next story that takes place after the anime that's currently on TV. The content will shed a little light on previously unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans, and I think it will be a very enjoyable story that serves up a long-awaited formidable opponent!
Now we already had Frieza vs Goku rematch in Resurrection F--which wasn't all that long ago. MaSTAR (on youtube) is speculating that the "long-awaited" formidable opponent could be Whis. But the fact that this movie is supposedly delving into unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans has inspired me to have a far more bolder prediction as to who this "long-awaited" opponent could be.

Some of you might hate me for this but, maybe Broly becomes canon now? =p

*edit*
Part of me also hopes for the possibility of the movie giving us a Goku vs Vegeta rematch where Vegeta gets to learn Ultra Instinct. Because come to think of it, they haven't had a real match (going all out against each other) since the Saiyan Saga. So if Vegeta can learn Ultra Instinct, I do think he would best fit the description of "a long-awaited formidable opponent".

Last edited by sayde; 2018-03-13 at 16:03.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 17:08   Link #6056
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Maybe we'll see more relatives of Frieza
Old 2018-03-13, 17:13   Link #6057
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
All I could find was this. In it, Toriyama states the following:

Now we already had Frieza vs Goku rematch in Resurrection F--which wasn't all that long ago. MaSTAR (on youtube) is speculating that the "long-awaited" formidable opponent could be Whis. But the fact that this movie is supposedly delving into unexplored topics having to do with Frieza and the Saiyans has inspired me to have a far more bolder prediction as to who this "long-awaited" opponent could be.

Some of you might hate me for this but, maybe Broly becomes canon now? =p

*edit*
Part of me also hopes for the possibility of the movie giving us a Goku vs Vegeta rematch where Vegeta gets to learn Ultra Instinct. Because come to think of it, they haven't had a real match (going all out against each other) since the Saiyan Saga. So if Vegeta can learn Ultra Instinct, I do think he would best fit the description of "a long-awaited formidable opponent".
Vegeta doesn't want UI anymore, especially now that he has his new SSJ Blue form, he even said as much in one of the episodes.
Old 2018-03-13, 17:27   Link #6058
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah, he did say that he wants to become stronger in his own way. But he could learn Ultra Instinct. And I think Goku should train to master the true Ultra Instinct, as well as to learn how to get into it whenever he wants. Then he should combine it with Super Saiyan.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the movie. When is it coming out? And is this the one that talks about S-cells?
Old 2018-03-13, 19:34   Link #6059
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Vegeta doesn't want UI anymore, especially now that he has his new SSJ Blue form, he even said as much in one of the episodes.
Yeah. I remember that. But that might've just been his pride talking.

I think the recent episodes make it pretty clear that Vegeta's new form is by no means, anywhere's close to being a substitute for mastered UI. So despite what he said, I think he's going to need it to become relevant in the future.

On another note, I consider Vegeta's transformation as more of a (late) answer to Goku's SSB+Kaio Ken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
When is it coming out? And is this the one that talks about S-cells?
December 14th from what I've read. And now I'm not as confident of the story delving much into the history of Yamoshi and the s-cells if it's only going as far back as the conflict between the saiyans and Frieza.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-13, 21:11   Link #6060
Sixth
Hu Tao

What if the movie turned out to be Revival of C?

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy