AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-23, 15:53   Link #41
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
hmm. luffy vs. a person w/ 2 devil fruit powers... that'd be interesting. cause if they were smart they'd only show one fruit's powers, then use the other when no one expected it...

that's what i'd do anyway.
Old 2004-02-02, 03:26   Link #42
Ruu

Well, I've once searh infos about it and have the results. The fruits are split into 3 classes, Paramecia(the most common, the eater's body will have superpower), Zoan(animal), and Logia(the most powerful, elemental group). here's a list (which I don't know is complete or not):
Ame Ame Fruit - Paramecia
Baku Baku Fruit - Paramecia
Bane Bane Fruit - Paramecia
Bara Bara Fruit - Paramecia
Bomu Bomu Fruit - Paramecia
Dolu Dolu Fruit - Paramecia
Gomu Gomu Fruit - Paramecia
Goei Goei Fruit - Paramecia
Goro Goro Fruit - Logia
Hana Hana Fruit - Paramecia
Hiso Hiso Fruit - Paramecia
Hito Hito Fruit - Zoan
Inu Inu Fruit - Zoan
Kachi Kachi Fruit - Paramecia
Kama Kama Fruit - Paramecia
Kilo Kilo Fruit - Paramecia
Mane Mane Fruit - Paramecia
Mera Mera Fruit - Logia
Moku Moku Fruit - Logia
Mogu Mogu Fruit - Zoan
Ori Ori Fruit - Paramecia
Sube Sube Fruit - Paramecia
Suna Suna Fruit - Logia
Supa Supa Fruit - Paramecia
Toge Toge Fruit - Paramecia
Tori Tori Fruit - Zoan
Toro Toro Fruit - Paramecia
Uma Uma Fruit - Zoan
Ushi Ushi Fruit - Zoan
Old 2004-02-02, 08:58   Link #43
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
what a great list- to bad i dont understand it ^.^;;
Old 2004-02-02, 23:12   Link #44
Kaze23114

translate?

please translate the fruits!
Old 2004-02-03, 04:03   Link #45
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

The list is given at the end of Chapter 280 in Volume 30. Like others have said it's categorized into 3 categories. 23 Devil fruits were known up to that point. I'll try to give a pathetic translation of the fruits...

Paramecia (13)
- Bomb
- Duplicate
- Eat
- Flower
- Jail
- Needle?
- Rubber
- Smooth
- Split
- Spring
- Steel
- Wax
- Weight
Zoan (6)
- Bull
- Dog
- Falcon
- Ground Hog? (Ms Christmas)
- Horse
- Human
Logia (4)
- Fire
- Lightning
- Sand
- Smoke

I think all Logia fruits may be high ranked. In Volume 29, that woman (forgot her name) said Logia type is the most powerful and of course Robin mentioned the Lightning fruit is one of the invincible ones. Of course Oda only took into account the fruits in the manga and not the anime / movie.
Old 2004-02-03, 22:55   Link #46
Kaze23114

new fruit

There is a new Fruit called the Nora Nora Fruit *slow slow Fruit*
Old 2004-02-05, 15:10   Link #47
Sethi
StormRider

Just one question you guys said that Luffy Fruit is one of the most common and Ener/Croc fruits are amongst the rarest, does that mean there exists more than 1 fruit of the same kind?
Old 2004-02-05, 15:33   Link #48
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Just one question you guys said that Luffy Fruit is one of the most common and Ener/Croc fruits are amongst the rarest, does that mean there exists more than 1 fruit of the same kind?
Well, I think so.
I mean, there can't be only one Sand Fruit for just one person, waiting to be eaten.
I hope Aisa can eat a Rubber Fruit someday, it's her dream after all
Old 2004-02-05, 16:25   Link #49
Sethi
StormRider

Nice, then there's a possibility that will exist a villain that also ate a Gomu Fruit it would be cool to see Luffy fight someone with the same power. However the fruit i want to see the most(If it exists of course) is the Kaze Kaze Fruit, fighting someone who can become and create wind should prove to be a nice challenge.
Old 2004-02-05, 20:52   Link #50
Kaze23114

plans

Hey that was my plan!! LOL

I was wondering.. what if a person with Fruit power.. has a child *not adopted* would he/she get some of the powers becuase of the DNA traits?
Old 2004-02-05, 20:58   Link #51
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Nice, then there's a possibility that will exist a villain that also ate a Gomu Fruit it would be cool to see Luffy fight someone with the same power. However the fruit i want to see the most(If it exists of course) is the Kaze Kaze Fruit, fighting someone who can become and create wind should prove to be a nice challenge.
Uh... hasn't Eric eaten the Kaze Kaze Fruit? As far as I remember, he could make wind blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze23114
Hey that was my plan!! LOL

I was wondering.. what if a person with Fruit power.. has a child *not adopted* would he/she get some of the powers becuase of the DNA traits?
According to Mendel laws, they would. Luffy's DNA was changed when he ate the Rubber Fruit so that he can stretch all parts of his body. So these genes would pass down the generations and create a Rubber family lol

Though this probably won't happen in One Piece
Old 2004-02-05, 22:34   Link #52
Sethi
StormRider

Erik ate the Kama Kama Fruit so he is able to cut through anything with just his hands or wave them at the opponent to cut her/him.
I meant Kaze Kaze Fruit as in Logia Type, you know create wind, tornados that kind of stuff
By the way if Devil Fruits Powers are passed to son's it would be nice to see a son of Robin and Luffy, Gomu/Hana Power would be sweet eheheh
Old 2004-02-05, 22:43   Link #53
Vicious
merely a ghost

Quote:
Erik ate the Kama Kama Fruit so he is able to cut through anything with just his hands or wave them at the opponent to cut her/him.
I meant Kaze Kaze Fruit as in Logia Type, you know create wind, tornados that kind of stuff
By the way if Devil Fruits Powers are passed to son's it would be nice to see a son of Robin and Luffy, Gomu/Hana Power would be sweet eheheh
Ah, I didn't remember it at all lol
Hey, looks like Dragon has that sort of power. Remember it seemed that he created a huge tornado to help Luffy escape of Loguetown.
Old 2004-02-06, 08:56   Link #54
Sethi
StormRider

Yeahh i got that impression as well i mean that was some powerful wind the guy brought.
and also despite he being wanted, Smoker didn't even tried to arrest him, like he tried with Ace, which can mean he is a lot powerful.
Old 2004-02-06, 13:09   Link #55
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Well, the fruit Erik has is the kama kama fruit, which is Scythe Scythe fruit. But you must remember, the Apis arc is FILLER. PLOT HOLES GALORE. Pretty much everything in the filler arc's should be ignored. Hell, i regret ever watching the Apis arc. She had the crappiest devil fruit, and was more whiny than Coby.

I'd still prefer to see a mizu mizu no mi to a kaze kaze no mi though. A water fruit opens up a lot of possibilities.

About the rarity of fruits. It almost certainly doesn't refer to the individual fruits, but their category. So the paramecia are the most common, since they just alter the bodies structure and/or capabilities. While the Zoan fruits allow you to completely change your bodies. But since the Logia fruits allow you to have no body at all, and are also only capable of being certain things, are the rarest.

Also, doesn't anybody else think that if Mr 3's arms can turn to liquid, with enough training he should be able to make his fruit an elemental fruit as well?
Old 2004-02-06, 14:18   Link #56
Sethi
StormRider

I think that is arms don't turn into Liquid but instead he releases wax from them, because of that they look like that, and i don't believe he can make is fruit Elemental i mean Elemental Wax?
A Mizu Mizu No Mi would be nice too, and i have to agree Apis fruit is the crappiest devil fruit we've seen i don't even understand what type of fruit is that, paramecia perhaps?
Old 2004-02-12, 04:04   Link #57
ninraven

The devils fruit limitations

Obviously we all know that the devils fruit gives whoever eats it an amazing ability, but they become weak in water. But I began wondering about it's limitations.

For instance....

Spoiler:

But his legs were free. Wouldnt he be able to stretch and kick him away? Or fight back somehow?

This lead me to wonder if Luffy can only do the stretch if he has some momentum or energy stored up. Like how he reaches back and kind of winds up before stretching out.

But if he trained hard enough, would you think he would be able to master his ability even more? Such as perhaps even having the ability to stretch his ears so he can listen in on a conversation, or not needing momentum to help him stretch?

Or do you think the power they have is limited, and despite training, they won't be able to be better then they are?
Old 2004-02-12, 09:42   Link #58
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
The only limitations on the devil fruit abilities are what you believe you can or cannot do

Spoiler:

Luffy probally could already do the ear thing. but why would he want to? luffy lives off of instinct and he is too honorable to spie on people- unless he gets food out of it.
Old 2004-02-12, 11:06   Link #59
soraryu

Cool

Currently, there seems to be some sort of liability in his rubbery powers.

Spoiler:

However, that's not to say that Luffy will not get stronger and overcome all these shortcomings. As a matter of opinion, Luffy is almost certain to be one of the strongest at the Grandline as the story progresses and it would be kind of anti-climatic if a much weaker opponent can just hold him down.
Old 2004-05-03, 17:09   Link #60
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Flavors of the Devil Fruit?

Does it taste like a mango for a certain kind of fruit and another have a different flavor?

Anyways, post your thoughts as to what each fruit tastes like.
Closed Thread