AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-13, 12:12   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They never announced one, and it is very likely the format wasn't satisfying for the second game.
The second game is way longer than the first one, and considering how much content they've cut for the first season, there was no way for them to adapt properly the second game.
Old 2016-07-15, 22:43   Link #42
bakato

Just a few quick questions from someone who hasn't played the game and only watched the previous series.

1. So these kids of the 78th class are the previous cast's senpais? I can't explain Jin Kirigiri still being alive any other way.

2. So this is mostly anime original and there's no way of knowing the ending of these stories?
Old 2016-07-15, 22:55   Link #43
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The 78th class are the characters from the first installment. (Makoto, Kyouko, Aoi etc.) The class in the Despair arc is the 77th class and the one that came directly before them, so I guess yes, they are senpais in a sense. Jin's still alive in the Despair arc because it's a prequel that takes place before the first two installments.

And yes Danganronpa 3 as a whole is all new original content, even people who have played the games or read any of the supplementary novels/manga do not know what will happen for certain.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2016-07-15 at 23:25.
Old 2016-07-15, 23:00   Link #44
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Okay....so how long the years has passed after Danganroppa 1 to Danganroppa 3?
I was under impression Naegi generations were senpai to Hinata generations
Old 2016-07-15, 23:09   Link #45
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm not sure about the exact amount of time but it's been several years or so between the end Danganronpa 1 and the beginning of the Future arc of 3 with Danganronpa 2's events occurring right before the latter.

And no that's not the case. The 77th class that would eventually become the Remnants of Despair attended Hope's Peak before the 78th class with Makoto and co. arrived there. Junko infiltrated Hope's Peak as part of the 78th class intake as well and used her position as a student to set The Tragedy's events in motion.
Old 2016-07-16, 21:40   Link #46
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm not sure about the exact amount of time but it's been several years or so between the end Danganronpa 1 and the beginning of the Future arc of 3 with Danganronpa 2's events occurring right before the latter.

And no that's not the case. The 77th class that would eventually become the Remnants of Despair attended Hope's Peak before the 78th class with Makoto and co. arrived there. Junko infiltrated Hope's Peak as part of the 78th class intake as well and used her position as a student to set The Tragedy's events in motion.
This still confusing for me according to storyline of D2 Naegi and co would saved the D2 casts from the island, this is why i thought Naegi and co are senpai to D2 casts (i am animeviewer). if they are junior then the whole D2 event should happened before D1 but there are Naegi who came as saviour group to rescued the D2 casts.
okay, seriously it confuses me the heck.
Old 2016-07-16, 21:54   Link #47
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well you don't need to be someone's senpai in order to save them from something. It's just a case of underclassmen aiding their upperclassmen.

I guess what may make it confusing is the whole aspect of the virtual world class 77 is inside of. Their avatars in that world base their appearances off of their memories of before the time they entered Hope's Peak because Future Foundation removed their memories of their time in the academy, so they appear younger than they actually are.
Old 2016-07-17, 02:26   Link #48
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

^^ It's a confirmed fact that DR2 cast is technically DR1 cast's senpais. One of the things I like about DR franchise is how they constantly break the stereotypes of anime characters and relationships. Almost nothing is like what the players/ viewers assume at first glance, even the senpai-kouhai thing you mention. In saving somebody you shouldn't have to be so hung up on relationship's social-assigned order, lives are more important.

And in the actual context of DR2's final chapter, while the DR1 cast did try to save the DR2 cast, in the end it was actually the DR2 cast that came to their own decision and saved themselves instead of falling on either hope vs despair binary. Makoto and co were happily fine with this and let the DR2 cast decide their own future, thinking they will be fine.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2016-07-17, 02:35   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
^^ It's a confirmed fact that DR2 cast is technically DR1 cast's senpais. One of the things I like about DR franchise is how they constantly break the stereotypes of anime characters and relationships. Almost nothing is like what the players/ viewers assume at first glance, even the senpai-kouhai thing you mention. In saving somebody you shouldn't have to be so hung up on relationship's social-assigned order, lives are more important.

And in the actual context of DR2's final chapter, while the DR1 cast did try to save the DR2 cast, in the end it was actually the DR2 cast that came to their own decision and saved themselves instead of falling on either hope vs despair binary. Makoto and co were happily fine with this and let the DR2 cast decide their own future, thinking they will be fine.
The survivors at least. The ones who are comatose weren't part of this decision and could still revert. Hopefully not, but still.
Old 2016-07-24, 15:51   Link #50
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ok I'll risk it...

Spoiler for Question regarding something I saw on Youtube, Possibly the game where you play Naegi's sister:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:00   Link #51
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I have no idea what you refer to by "same thing Junko did" or what this video is you are speaking of.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:13   Link #52
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Ok I'll risk it...

Spoiler for Question regarding something I saw on Youtube, Possibly the game where you play Naegi's sister:
I just happen to know what are you talking about, but that's just a fanmade gif traced after Junko's anime sequence.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a