AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-25, 22:05   Link #121
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Taeko/Celestia?
----------------------------
Jokes aside I still think its Chisa while keeping the off chance of Junko still being alive in mind.
TbH it would need a - really - good explaination for it to not be either of those 2.

Edit:
With a normal explaination I'd let Kirigiri mastermind slide too - for various reasons thats pretty much unlikely though.
I'll go with Chisa masquerading as Asahina. They have the same body shape and personality and Chisa could dress Asahina as herself after she's dead. One clue in this is that Asahina didn't really react since her brother is dead when Naegi and Komaru were having a talk.

Of course that would piss me off since Asahina is my favorite.
Old 2016-09-26, 01:35   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
So with Side:Future ending tomorrow, why don't we take a moment to list all the clues that may hint at the identity of the mastermind.

- Is someone who is connected to the Remnants of Despair and is also one of them.

- Has got an interest in Naegi and ultimately wants him to survive, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he died.

- Rigged this Killing Game so Munakata would greatly benefit, and fall into despair.

- Has access to the profiles of all Future Foundation members, the Remnants and the Warriors of Hope.

It's also quite obvious that person has accomplices, as pulling all that off would require a great effort.

I can think of only one person that fits the list above.
As I pointed out before, Yukizome has no connection to Naegi.

As for accomplices, let us completely forget about a certain girl with an army of monokumas.

Also, with proper mystery solving, you start with the clues and see where they lead. You don't start with the conclusion and then see which clues may or may not corroborate it.

Even if you turn out to be correct, that would not prevent it from being a complete ass pull.

Besides, you can't prove that they have to be with the remnants of despair.

If Enoshima can know everything about everyone. As well as Monaca and Komaeda, for that matter, then anyone can know anything about anyone.
Old 2016-09-26, 04:53   Link #123
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As I pointed out before, Yukizome has no connection to Naegi.
Whether I'm right or wrong, this is incorrect. He saved 15 of the Remnants, 14 of which are former students from Class-77. And I'm sure you do remember who is their former homeroom teacher.

Quote:
Even if you turn out to be correct, that would not prevent it from being a complete ass pull.
How so? I can't be the only one who noticed all the odd things going on. Starting with the survivor counter.

It's a good thing this isn't a VN and you can watch any episode as many times as is necessary so you can search for clues in the small details. Because is those small details what stands out the most in any DR release.
Old 2016-09-26, 07:57   Link #124
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You do not seem to understand. For her to be alive there has to be some indication for her method. Either some talk about fake corpses or a fake death medicine. None of these things happened. To have stuff like that happen all of a sudden out of the blue with no build up is not only incredibly bad storytelling, but it's storytelling at a level of ass pull that Danganronpa simply has not done before.

Quote:
Whether I'm right or wrong, this is incorrect. He saved 15 of the Remnants, 14 of which are former students from Class-77. And I'm sure you do remember who is their former homeroom teacher.
Why do you always insult the intelligence of the people you debate with? It's incredibly bad form. Just be straight and to the point, don't play the roundabout game.

I'm not quite sure what is your point though, that does not change the fact that she never had anything to do with Naegi. Naegi never wronged her in any way. Besides as someone who has been a puppet all her life, despair or no, she is not mastermind material.

Again, my argument is not that it is impossible. It's that it would be incredibly shitty storytelling and I expect better.
Old 2016-09-26, 08:14   Link #125
Homura7

Quote:
You do not seem to understand. For her to be alive there has to be some indication for her method. Either some talk about fake corpses or a fake death medicine. None of these things happened. To have stuff like that happen all of a sudden out of the blue with no build up is not only incredibly bad storytelling, but it's storytelling at a level of ass pull that Danganronpa simply has not done before.
'Dead or Lie' sounds about right to you? I again ask you, why do you think there are no hints at all? For all we know those might have been there all the time. Only, they were barely noticeable.

Sublety has always been a common thing in any DR when it comes to misteries like this.

Quote:
Why do you always insult the intelligence of the people you debate with? It's incredibly bad form. Just be straight and to the point, don't play the roundabout game.

I'm not quite sure what is your point though, that does not change the fact that she never had anything to do with Naegi. Naegi never wronged her in any way. Besides as someone who has been a puppet all her life, despair or no, she is not mastermind material and all that exists solely to mislead us.

Again, my argument is not that it is impossible. It's that it would be incredibly shitty storytelling and I expect better.
I just searched my clues and this is the conclusion I came up with. I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence, you're the one who think that.

Is not like I'm going to lose any sleep if I'm wrong. Afterall, this is the fun part in that. Who knows, maybe in the end there's more than one mastermind.
Old 2016-09-26, 08:22   Link #126
DMurphy

Quote:
I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence, you're the one who think that.
No, he's right, you are incredibly condescending.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-26, 08:32   Link #127
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
No, he's right, you are incredibly condescending.
I don't mind if you think that. Perhaps I should have chosen better my words.

By the way, talking about fake corpses or fake death medicine would be too blatant of a clue, don't you think? It would take less than a second to figure out if someone were to say that.

I prefer that is something more subtle, barely noticeable.
Old 2016-09-26, 09:18   Link #128
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
By the way, talking about fake corpses or fake death medicine would be too blatant of a clue, don't you think? It would take less than a second to figure out if someone were to say that.
You'd think that, but that all depends on how (and when) the writer presents it. The point though, is that an unusual skill or device has to be mentioned at some point before it is used as a plot device, or it's an ass pull. That's always the rule, in any kind of fiction.
Old 2016-09-26, 09:31   Link #129
Homura7

Quote:
You'd think that, but that all depends on how (and when) the writer presents it. The point though, is that an unusual skill or device has to be mentioned at some point before it is used as a plot device, or it's an ass pull. That's always the rule, in any kind of fiction.
And this is why I prefer it to be more subtle. Like how the lyrics in the opening contain the words 'Dead or Lie' and 'Sleeping pills'.

See? This is what I mean. They give a hint, but do not explicitly tell you what's its real meaning. But you at least know is there.
Old 2016-09-26, 10:24   Link #130
Gilly

This was episode 12, right? Then we need a new thread.
Old 2016-09-26, 10:51   Link #131
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

No we're still talking about 11/the show in general.

Quote:
And this is why I prefer it to be more subtle. Like how the lyrics in the opening contain the words 'Dead or Lie' and 'Sleeping pills'.

See? This is what I mean. They give a hint, but do not explicitly tell you what's its real meaning. But you at least know is there.
Lyrics in an opening do not count as evidence since the characters in the story are not able to observe it. Ass pulls are ass pulls.

Not to mention I wouldn't know those lyrics since I'm not Japanese.
Old 2016-09-26, 11:18   Link #132
Homura7

Quote:
Not to mention I wouldn't know those lyrics since I'm not Japanese.
Uh? I don't mean the lyrics, but the words written in perfect english that you can briefly see when the opening starts.
Old 2016-09-26, 17:04   Link #133
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh, well my original point still stands.
Old 2016-11-01, 21:00   Link #134
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It meant the end for Sakakura after the heavy toll he went through being coerced and manipulated by Junko, and, yet, the only thing he refused to let slip away was his belief and devotion to Munakata.

A little bit sad and more tragic once Munakata realized his foolishness and went to look for Sakakura at Naegi's urging, although the former came too late to comfort his former peer and colleague.
But, I can only hope that at the end Sakakura could comfort himself with thoughts of relief and solace after shutting down the power, and, thus, releasing Munakata and the rest of the survivors from the game.

There's only left to address Mitarai's inflicting guilt upon himself for Junko fooling him to create the despair video.

Last edited by Guido; 2016-11-02 at 16:12.
Old 2019-03-17, 09:23   Link #135
FFTHEWINNER

watched the eleventh future episode

-so the beginning was a little prequel. nice. song and count skipped too.

-there are so many things wrong with this suicide explanation.
first and foremost,if kirigiri knew that then why didnt she reveal it to them when they were all trading info together instead of counting on the possibility that someone will randomly find it after she dies?? that literally makes no sense whatsoever,especially when she knew she was dying.
second,what the heck is up with the wounds location in the drawings? we know that all of them (except ruruka,which obviously no one knows about yet) died from a single stab to the heart,yet her drawing shows multiple wounds locations.and for some reason two arms and one leg are wounded but not the second leg?yet one of the arms isnt wounded from the other side? the whole thing is very contradictory and weird.

-aaand we are back to the "brain washing magic solution". *facepalm*

-also,are you seriously telling me that the Ultimate Detective didnt figure out that it was brain washing,yet Naegi did? lol what?

-so i was right about there being no "controller" for Monokuma and it being a prerecorded message. good to know.

-the area Naegi was dreaming in reminded me of Mass Effect 3's ending,which is very fitting tbh,as both scenes are on the same level of "quality" >_>

-Seems like Naegi is Houdini now. One moment he was securely tied up,the next moment he had no rope on him(or on the ground for that matter)whatsoever, without any explanation as to how in his crazed state he untied himself >_>.

-speaking of tying up,you are telling me that,in their crazed state that simply makes them want to suicide,they randomly decided to climb to high places and tie themselves up there THEN suicide? and in their crazed state they managed to tie themselves up in those convoluted ways and still have enough mobility to stab themselves? and for some reason Naegi had no inclination to do any of that? lol what?

-i am curious how exactly Juzo,who was already heavily bleeding, found a sharp weapon and cut his arm and managed to stop the bleeding without falling unconcious from the pain and bleeding.

-also,the "Ultimate Hope" failed to save himself. How can someone be the ultimate hope if he cant even pull himself out of despair. what a joke >_>.

-the claim that tengan is a ROD makes no sense,as he himself clearly answered that he isnt and he cant lie because of his forbidden action, not to mention all his hope. i hope munakata is simply wrong and there wont be some asspull to explain it.

-also,if tengan is responsible in anyway then his Forbidden action makes no sense whatsoever,as he would have been forced to admit everything if anyone simply asked him about it.

-the final scene was nice i guess

-the message ryota received was pre-recorded and programmed to be sent if the shackles were taken off. i am guessing it was sent to multiple people as well.

this episode was bloody painful to watch. almost nothing in it was right or made sense.

PS: just heard that Sega is literally indefinitely suspending all sales of their new game "Judge Eyes",which is a yakuza spinoff,,and possibly canceling its western release,just because a guy playing one of the characters got arrested for cocaine. damn that is insane. especially when you consider that it is a game about Yakuza lol. Yeah,let us blow away millions of dollars that we spent on making the game, and all the hard work and effort that went into it,just because a random guy in it took crack >_>.
Closed Thread