AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Mitsuki?
She's a great friend, hiding her true feelings all this time in order to help out her pals! 13 14.13%
She has a good heart, but she couldn't cope with trying not to show her feelings. 50 54.35%
She's a traitor, but you sympathize with her. Akane is right to hate her guts, though. 8 8.70%
She's a selfish girl who's deluded herself into thinking she's not doing anything wrong. 6 6.52%
She's a backstabbing bitch and a slut who doesn't deserve to call Haruka a friend! 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 06:40   Link #21
Tboz

hmm... if its me, I wouldn't have done any better... oh my they are in the same class, they see each other everyday u know?

consider that no one knows when haruka is gonna wake up... u can't have takayuki grief over her forever... so u can't totally blame mitsuki for confessing her love at this time...

the sad thing is that mitsuki is probably gonna give up takayuki now that haruka has woken up...

it will be up to takayuki who he's gonna choose and how to break the news to haruka if he chooses mitsuki...
Old 2003-11-04, 09:23   Link #22
Wolfwood2970

i feel really bad for Mitsuki in many ways (I also feel bad for Haruka for what happened to her too but anyways)

Mitsuki seems like she really dislikes her current job and also the fact that she didnt get to follow her own dreams

Mitsuki loves Takayuki a lot in my opinion but they really seem not to bond in some way (kinda like the first episode of it with Haruka and Takayuki).... Also it seems like a 1 sided love where only Mitsuki loves Takayuki and Takayuki just seems to use her as a replacement girlfriend.... Then there is the fact that she is never acting like her own self either

anyways Mitsuki seems very very serious about the relationship but just doesnt get the love from Takayuki in my opinion

Anyways i dont think she is the backstabbing girl some of you guys think she is but feel badly for her situation and such
Old 2003-11-04, 09:43   Link #23
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
I don't see the reason for the Mitsuki hating at all. After episode 5, i thought everyone would actually understand what Mitsuki went through all this time but i guess i was wrong...

Mitsuki never betrayed Haruka. She supported Haruka's relationship with Takayuki even though she had feelings for him, but thats what good friends always do.

If my friend is in love with a certain girl, and i might have feelings for that girl, i wouldn't try to get with her while i know how much he loves her. What Mitsuke did was very natural to what any good friend would do.

I can't really say Mitsuki is totally responsible for what happend to Haruka because Takayuki was already running late before he met up with Mitsuki, and for all we know that accident could have still happened if he had not met up with Mitsuki. And he was stupid enough to forget that he was running late to stop and waste time with Mitsuki. He could have easily told her that he will talk to her later, or get her a birthday present some other time because he was running late but he didn't do that.

and there was no way for Mitsuki to know he was later so she can't be in total blame for this.

After the accident, Takayuki was literally going insane. He didn't eat, he didn't sleep, and it looks like he hardly even took a shower.

If it wasn't for Mitsuki he would have probably went crazy or starved and died. She spent her time to come over to cook and take care of him. She was the only one that was willing to spend time with him when everyone else seemed to turn their back on him.

Mitsuki had to give up her career so that she had to take care of her friend. She felt guilty and took responsibility for what happend to Haruka. Takayuki obviously wasn't working for over a year so she had to find a job and used her income to buy him food and take care of him.

She didn't take advantage of him by telling him that she loves him and buy sleeping with him.

Takayuki was going insane, and the fact that he couldn't visit Haruka anymore made him even more crazy. Mitsuki was unable to break him from that state by talking to him or trying to show him the reality of the situation.

Takayuki felt alone so what he needed was someone else to love and care for. Mitsuki did the right thing by expressing all her love for him, and by sleeping with thim they got even closer together and bring back Takayuki to reality.

If it wasn't for Mitsuki Takayaku would have probably died or end up in a mental institution. And when Haruka had woken up, we don't know how she would have reacted to that knowing the man she loved had gone crazy or died. She would have probably gone back in a coma from such a shock.

For all we know Mitsuki had probably saved both her friends by all her selfless actions.

I was rooting for Haruka from the start, but when i saw all the things Mitsuki went through, my hearts gone to her now. I hope she ends up with Takayuki and live a happy life.
Old 2003-11-04, 11:14   Link #24
rothgar

It's funny that some people blame Mitsuki for the accident, but nobody has blamed the person who was actually driving the car that hit Haruka. It was prolly some drunk driver who had to go to court:
Judge:"Due to your carelessness, a girl is in a coma. What do you have to say for yourself?"
DrunkDriver:"But judge, if Mitsuki wouldn't have made Takayuki late, Haruka would have been alright!"
Judge:"You know, you're right. You're free to go. Now, don't ever do it again."
DrunkDriver:"Woohoo! Time to get my drink on! There's a new bar near the elementary school I haven't tried yet..."
Judge:"Officers, put out an APB for this bitch Mitsuki."
Old 2003-11-04, 11:31   Link #25
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothgar
It's funny that some people blame Mitsuki for the accident, but nobody has blamed the person who was actually driving the car that hit Haruka. It was prolly some drunk driver who had to go to court:
Judge:"Due to your carelessness, a girl is in a coma. What do you have to say for yourself?"
DrunkDriver:"But judge, if Mitsuki wouldn't have made Takayuki late, Haruka would have been alright!"
Judge:"You know, you're right. You're free to go. Now, don't ever do it again."
DrunkDriver:"Woohoo! Time to get my drink on! There's a new bar near the elementary school I haven't tried yet..."
Judge:"Officers, put out an APB for this bitch Mitsuki."
heh... very true... good one there...
Old 2003-11-04, 11:50   Link #26
u&t

Quote:
If my friend is in love with a certain girl, and i might have feelings for that girl, i wouldn't try to get with her while i know how much he loves her. What Mitsuke did was very natural to what any good friend would do.
Man what are you on? You're not only deceiving yourself here but you're also lying to your friend. If you like a girl go for her and if your friend is a real friend he can take the competition.

Mitsuki was lying to herself all along for not trying to "care" about Takayuki being with Haruka. Sacrificing yourself for the sake of other peoples happiness is noble but stupid. Being a good friend never gets you laid...

Confessing her love to Takayuki was the right thing to do. That idiot was to dense to notice it any other way and realizing that he a was actually hurting others by being such a crybaby was probably good for him. But sleeping with him? Come on. There was no need for that.

Imagine yourself seducing and having sex with a girl in the same state Takayuki. Would you feel good about yourself?

In defense of Mitsuki I must say that she was probably terribly alone. Her best friend in a coma her other best friend wallowing in self pity. If she had only swallowed her pride and talked to someone (anyone!) she probably wouldn't have acted as stupid as she did.

As it is right now I respect her for the nobility in sacrificing herself for others but I utlimately disrespect her for the selfish stupidity in doing that. If Mitsuki learns not to confuse her own happiness with others she will be a great catch but right now I don't hold her in high regard.
Old 2003-11-04, 12:13   Link #27
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul8
I don't think I can agree with this at all. After she got Takayuki & Haruka together, didn't it seem funny to you that she kept making him late for dates/meetings? One of which could have prevented the accident. I also think the "helping" Takayuki while a nice gesture on her part wasn't exactly a selfless act.
I don't think she deliberately kept Takayuki late. She was probably unsure about her own feeling and try to figure it out by calling Takayuki asking about Haruka. Her taking care of Takayuki of course is not a selfless act. She wanted something in return. She wanted to see Takayuki be happy again, not neccessary be her lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul8
As for the "traitor" tag, I think it fits her. If she wouldn't waited for him to come out of his grief/depression before confessing her feelings I would've felt different about it. But it seemed to me like she took advantage of him at a very vunerable time.
You basically think too highly of her. She may look strong from outside but she's actually quite fragile and insecure inside. You know, she also needed someone to support her during this difficult time too. I believe you will see more of her feelings in the later episodes.
Old 2003-11-04, 13:38   Link #28
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
Man what are you on? You're not only deceiving yourself here but you're also lying to your friend. If you like a girl go for her and if your friend is a real friend he can take the competition.
If i know i'm in love with the girl then i wouldn't just back off like that but if i just like her while my best friend is in love with her then i wouldn't bother. I'm not gonna be like *hey friend, i know you love that girl but just let me screw her first and then i'll pass her over to you*

I've competed with my friends over girls before. But those are girls that i'm very serious about. If i just want to have sex with a girl theres really no reason to compete with someone that loves her. Or maybe your the type of person that will go behind your friends back and try to sleep with a girl he told you he's interested in just for the hell of it?

Quote:
Mitsuki was lying to herself all along for not trying to "care" about Takayuki being with Haruka. Sacrificing yourself for the sake of other peoples happiness is noble but stupid. Being a good friend never gets you laid...
Well....deceiving a friend thats in love with a girl just because you want to screw her is very sad and that only proves that your a shitty friend. And i don't see how giving up on a girl you just want to have sex with is sacrificing yourself..-_-

Dude, theres tons of girls in the world, your not gonna die if you try to have sex with one and failed.

Mitsuki liked Takayuki but she wasn't in love with him yet. She knew Haruka loved him alot so she just decided to back off and support her friend. Maybe if Takayuki had turned down Haruka then she would have tried to get with him.

When Mitsuki told Takayuki how the felt about him, i really don't think that alone would have changed him. She needed to share herself with him to proved how much she really cared about him and that he can move on with his life.

You can say what you want but her actions saved his life, and if she didn't do what she did he would have probably ended up killing himself.
Old 2003-11-04, 14:41   Link #29
u&t

Crimson, First you say you would back off if you had "feelings" for the girl but now you say you wouldn't if you loved the girl. To have feelings for someone at least to means you're in love. If you just want to screw someone you don't have "feelings" for them.

It became quite clear Mitsuki had a crush on Takayuki already in the first episode. Ok, she was inexperienced and didn't know what to do with her newfound feelings but she could have done something (or maybee those delays she brought upon Takayuki were deliberate breakup attempts. If that's the case she IS a manipulative bitch).

For Mitsuki to be holding it in like that for a year and and then literally letting it all out at once is just bad. Getting cornered like that by a girl hellbent on getting you is absolutely terrifying and you will fold just like Takayuki did. My basic gripe is she used sex to manipulate someone. For whatever good reasons you might have for doing that it's still a sucky way to start off a relationship.

Oh, and I'm not buying into that "Mitsuki saved Takayukis life by having sex with him" crap. Getting laid is not a cure for depression.
Old 2003-11-04, 14:45   Link #30
aquilus
Dismember!

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Apply this to any and all situations ... I´ll leave my contribution here.
Old 2003-11-04, 14:52   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

I think you're giving Mitsuki alot more control over herself than she really had in this situation. We saw her breaking down in tears at Haruka's bed in ep5 - while Takayuki was already over the edge in his pain, Mitsuki was _also_ suffering, though with a higher degree of selfcontrol. She had also seen the shape Takayuki was in when he tried to carry Haruka to a book exhibition at night. Then, after returning home and seeing him apathic again, she snapped too. Simple as that.

This was no premeditated seduction attempt, she snapped (unless you think she was faking her pain, and there's no grounds to assume this). For her, she was seeking a closure (also remember how she reiterated that there was nothing they could do anymore, and that Haruka wouldn't wake up - I'm convinced that this was exactly what she believed), so that both Takayuki AND her could start anew.

I can understand that people may be very upset at her for doing this, but "manipulation" or "cornering" or whatever has no basis. It would imply more control and planning than she was capable of at this time.
Old 2003-11-04, 16:16   Link #32
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I can understand that people may be very upset at her for doing this, but "manipulation" or "cornering" or whatever has no basis. It would imply more control and planning than she was capable of at this time.
Well said, Mentar.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-11-04, 17:07   Link #33
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
It became quite clear Mitsuki had a crush on Takayuki already in the first episode. Ok, she was inexperienced and didn't know what to do with her newfound feelings but she could have done something (or maybee those delays she brought upon Takayuki were deliberate breakup attempts. If that's the case she IS a manipulative bitch).

For Mitsuki to be holding it in like that for a year and and then literally letting it all out at once is just bad. Getting cornered like that by a girl hellbent on getting you is absolutely terrifying and you will fold just like Takayuki did. My basic gripe is she used sex to manipulate someone. For whatever good reasons you might have for doing that it's still a sucky way to start off a relationship.

Oh, and I'm not buying into that "Mitsuki saved Takayukis life by having sex with him" crap. Getting laid is not a cure for depression.
Whats so bad about Mitsuki telling Takayuki that she loved him? She saw the person that she loved in pain and going crazy right in front of her so she wanted him to know that she really loves and care for him. and i'm pretty sure she did this in hope of reaching him since trying to get him to accept the reality of Haruka's situation wasn't working.

and like Mentar said, you can't say that she manipulated the guy because its not like she planned to have sex with him in such a situation. Mitsuki was willing to do whatever it takes to get him to his senses and she probably wasn't thinking clearly of her actions.

Wheather you buy the fact that Mitsuki saved Takayuki's life through sex doesn't matter. Its fact and if you don't believe it then your just being in denial and even if you don't agree with her actions she still saved his life. Where would he have been without her at that moment?

Takayuki was even looking for a job the next day after being with Mitsuki, man she must be a real whore for getting the guy back on his feet and for making him looking for work......

I mean jesus, its not like she burned someone alive.. She saved someone's life. If she's a bad person for that then i guess i don't know what good is.
Old 2003-11-04, 18:46   Link #34
u&t

Hey, hey. I'm not on some witch-hunt here. I don't mind the Mitsuki character that much. She's the most interesting character right now in the show and certainly worthy of a discussion.

Crimson, I said Mitsuki telling Takayuki that she loved him was a good thing. It was the sex part I didn't like.

I think our diffences seems to lie in that you guys seems to think that Mitsuki did what she did for Takayukis sake I belive she did it for herself. The way I see it Mitsuki was scared shitless over the fact that she was basically losing all of her loved ones (Haruka to the coma and Takayuki to depression). To not loose her connection to Takayuki she desperatly clings to his life and tries to form somekind - anykind of connection with him.
* She gives him food and takes care of of him and thats all very nice.
* Then she takes him out on a date (also nice but she acts all cheerful here and that creeps me out a bit because we all know she's really sad)
* Forces him to buy two mugs for her (she wants proof that she is at least worth something to him. Thats a big "please aknowledge me!")
* Then leaves one of the mugs at Takayukis place. Thats the final big plea from her. She really wants him to let her into his life.

That idiot Takayuki is to dense to figure all this out so now she snaps. She tells Takayuki she loves him and kisses him. Now finally Takayuki understands whats been going on and I think finally understands that he's not the only one hurting and that he's also hurting others. Mitsuki should have stopped there and everything would have been fine (but boring ). Instead she has sex with him. To me that is her desperate last ditch attempt at making a connection with Takayuki, using sex to bind herself to him.

It's the final part I'm having problems with. She did fine uptil then.
Old 2003-11-04, 19:04   Link #35
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
Instead she has sex with him. To me that is her desperate last ditch attempt at making a connection with Takayuki, using sex to bind herself to him.

It's the final part I'm having problems with. She did fine uptil then.
Yup... it's the sex.... heh... impulsive sex is almost always bad.

That's probably the 'FATAL' mistake that she made, if they had developed slowly without the last step things probably would have turned out OK.
Old 2003-11-04, 19:23   Link #36
*Pyoro*

What do i think of her? well gee, she's really f*cking hot. on top of that she seems to give it out freely. and i can't really decide between her being a backstabbing bitch and a traitor. yeah.
Old 2003-11-04, 19:28   Link #37
Mentar
Banned

Where's the mistake again? *scratches head*

I think we should better differentiate between what's really happening in the setting and what you personally feel about it. Just my opinion, but most of the anti-Mitsuki arguments seem to be based on personal viewer bias and not on a realistic assessment of the situation. Back then, Takayuki was about to go over the edge again - and so was Mitsuki. After the confession and the sex (which seems to bother part of the audience here, not Takayuki) we know that he started to slowly come back to life. Haruka will wake up 2 years later from there. So where's the "fatal mistake"? *scratch head*

I mean, would you have preferred to have Mitsuki "date" Takayuki before sex, to get to know each other? How long? 4 weeks? Either you're categorically opposed to it, then it doesn't matter whether or not it was on impulse. Or you're not, and then it certainly doesn't matter much either.
Old 2003-11-04, 20:03   Link #38
musouka

Where's the mistake, you ask?

Look at their relationship two years later. After two years they're JUST getting to the point where Takayuki and Haruka were after a few months. (In that he's willing to show he's ready for a commitment. With Haruka is was attending the same college. With Mitsuki, it's moving in with her)

Also, even after two years, they're both suffering from so much guilt that they can't even talk to Akane. Not to mention the fact that it's obvious their relationship is on majorly shaky ground if, again after TWO YEARS of a relationship, the fact that Haruka has woken up has thrown such a wrench into things.

Do the math. Takayuki was going out with Haruka for maybe three months at max. He's had a relationship with Mitsuki for eight times as long, and they still haven't managed to sort through their emotions. Even counting the fact that the accident screwed them up, the fact that they can't make much progress after being together that long is more than a bit disturbing.

This is because instead of working through their problems concerning Haruka and what happened to her, they chose to both escape into mutual sex. Sure, sex is great for distracting you from things, but it hardly, as someone else said earlier, makes the depression vanish into thin air.

What Mitsuki did by having sex with Takayuki that night was provide a quick and easy escape. For both of them. It might have made the moment nice, but it's hardly made for a wonderfully stable relationship two years later, now has it?
Old 2003-11-04, 20:29   Link #39
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
What Mitsuki did by having sex with Takayuki that night was provide a quick and easy escape. For both of them. It might have made the moment nice, but it's hardly made for a wonderfully stable relationship two years later, now has it?
Is it a quick and easy escape for Mitsuki? She was fully aware of the risk of going into a relationship with Takayuki. Akane is going to hate her to the bone. Takayuki might still go back to Haruka if she ever wakes up. It's a high risk move for her cause she might end up being alone all by herself, no friend and only enemies. But she decided to take that risk in order to move Takayuki and herself forward.

As for why their relationship is going nowhere after 2 years? Blame Takayuki, not Mitsuki. He still holds hope of Haruka's waking up and he's afraid of committing to Mitsuki totally because of it. He's the real bastard. Of course, as I said before, it's easier to criticize from a 3rd person stand point. I don't really have the confidence to handle the situation better than him if I were to face the same dilemma.
Old 2003-11-04, 20:42   Link #40
musouka

Quote:
Is it a quick and easy escape for Mitsuki? She was fully aware of the risk of going into a relationship with Takayuki. Akane is going to hate her to the bone. Takayuki might still go back to Haruka if she ever wakes up. It's a high risk move for her cause she might end up being alone all by herself, no friend and only enemies. But she decided to take that risk in order to move Takayuki and herself forward.
And you honestly think she thought all that through before having sex with him?
Closed Thread