Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-04, 20:04   Link #81
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
luffy seemed to know what the eyes on Boa's back, so i wonder what else luffy might know?
Her zodiac sign, blood type, and shoe and bra size

Luffy is the All knowing...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-04, 20:29   Link #82
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So Boa might know Luffy or something?
Old 2008-10-04, 20:41   Link #83
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Nope: (Don't tell anyone: this is a secret...

It's the cheese.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-05, 03:29   Link #84
Slayerx

New random thoery about Boa's back...
the mark is the same one on Hachi's forehead...
We never got an explaination of what the mark was there for, but while up in the mangrove, Hachi took efforts to hide the mark under some bandages.
Luffy has seen it on Hachi before, and as such might be able to recognize it... Luffy would not know what it means, but Boa would know and as such know it's something that must remain hidden from the wrong kind of people; it may even be something her Kuja crew have heard about and would recognize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think this is very likely...
At first the question would be, why she should betray whitebeard, just to become a Shichibukai. Serving under Whitebeard definately seems to be a better choice than under the WG.
Betray, or simply left?
one big factor is to consider that if she did serve under Whitebeard, the fact of the matter was that she was serving under a man. Truly something shameful amognst the Kuja. For whatever reason she found herself serving him she would have the desire to break free of that connection when possible... most likely she would have found herself relying on him to survive until she was capable for herself

Frankly, the main problem with the whitebeard theory is figuring out WHY Boa would have ever served under Whtiebeard in the first place... it's difficult to say or if she was ever willing to... really no way to tell... who knows, may she actually loved him but begrudging left because of the Kuja... but then again, she's so spoiled i might think she would not care of going back to the Kuja if she did not want to
Quote:
And the second point is: We know how Ace chased after Blackbeard, so shouldn't Whitebeard have sent someone to get her back?
Whitebeard doesn't care about Blackbeard leaving the crew, he only cares about the fact that Blackbeard killed one of his men... So long as Boa left without harming any of Whitebeard's crew in the process, whitebeard would not hold any kind of a vendetta against her
Old 2008-10-05, 08:22   Link #85
a1047

Starts now, we can call Straw Hat Luffy, The Shichibukai Hunter

I think about Boa back sign its someting new for us.

I wonder if kuma already plan throwing luffy at kuja island. He have so many reason to do that. But highly related to Ace condition.
Old 2008-10-05, 08:35   Link #86
Captain Roronoa Zoro

lol i know it seems like he is going to take out every shibukai besides mihawk
Old 2008-10-05, 10:24   Link #87
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
New random thoery about Boa's back...
the mark is the same one on Hachi's forehead...
We never got an explaination of what the mark was there for, but while up in the mangrove, Hachi took efforts to hide the mark under some bandages.
Afaik, the mark on Hachi's forehead is the mark of the Sunny pirates. It's very unlikely Boa was ever associated with them.
Old 2008-10-05, 11:21   Link #88
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I would not want it to be Whitebeard symbol because it then will be too boring.
Personally, I want it to be something that is completely (or nearly) new to us and would help us knowing more about Luffy.

A mark that he has seen on his mother back for example, indicate both she and his mum were once in a same organization of whatever it is.

But it may turn out to be a comedic situation after all, just like the time when he panickly run away after realising Sanji's clone
Old 2008-10-05, 11:44   Link #89
marvelB

Well, whatever is on Hancock's back, I doubt that it will be turn out to be some gag, since we just had that with Duval. Yesiree, I think this will turn out to be something much more serious....

Oh, and I'm guessing that we'll get some flashback involving Nyon/Gloriosa during her days as acting empress. I'm sure there's a good reason why she had to leave her people at the time, especially if it turns out that she was a friend of Roger's....
Old 2008-10-05, 18:00   Link #90
noktown

I think that w/e it is on her back it is something we have already seen,because IMO it would be stupid if after like 500 chapters Oda made-up some memory of Luffy's mom or something like that <_<
Old 2008-10-05, 21:05   Link #91
bigemperor

148 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2008/10/06(月) 02:26:46 ID:ag5ulHPJO

WSJ #46 (Ch. 518)

尾田先生からメッセージ有り<巻末

There'll be an end of chapter message from Oda.

WSJ #47

休OP

Absent: One Piece

322 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2008/10/06(月) 03:43:40 ID:ag5ulHPJO

尾田「冨樫先生が連載してる間は休載することにしました。これからは10
週交代制です」

Oda [While Togashi's back it's been decided that the series will be taken out of the publication. It'll be shifted to a 10 week cycle instead]

Apparently is true

"...a ten week shift system."

Indicating that from now on OP will be 10 weeks on, 10 weeks off, 10 weeks on, 10 weeks off"
Old 2008-10-05, 21:18   Link #92
ellifeedn
Thinker

*goes into fallout shelter*
Old 2008-10-05, 22:01   Link #93
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
148 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2008/10/06(月) 02:26:46 ID:ag5ulHPJO

WSJ #46 (Ch. 518)

尾田先生からメッセージ有り<巻末

There'll be an end of chapter message from Oda.

WSJ #47

休OP

Absent: One Piece

322 : ◆EizHb38XPU :2008/10/06(月) 03:43:40 ID:ag5ulHPJO

尾田「冨樫先生が連載してる間は休載することにしました。これからは10
週交代制です」

Oda [While Togashi's back it's been decided that the series will be taken out of the publication. It'll be shifted to a 10 week cycle instead]

Apparently is true

"...a ten week shift system."

Indicating that from now on OP will be 10 weeks on, 10 weeks off, 10 weeks on, 10 weeks off"
if thats true, thats not welcome news at all!!! not one bit!!

10 weeks without OP?!!!! you gotta be fecking kidding me!!!!
Old 2008-10-05, 22:04   Link #94
marvelB

I just found out about this. Dunno if it's true or not, but I've already seen quite a few people express their disappointment over this news....

Still if this turns out to be true.... well, I won't like it, but I can be pretty patient....
Old 2008-10-05, 22:13   Link #95
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I just found out about this. Dunno if it's true or not, but I've already seen quite a few people express their disappointment over this news....

Still if this turns out to be true.... well, I won't like it, but I can be pretty patient....
Honestly, this does not make much sense. One Piece is the most popular manga currently running in Shounen Jump, often equaling the sales of several of the lower ranked series. Despite the popularity of Togashi, his series Hunter x Hunter is nowhere near the level of popularity of One Piece, especially considering that most SJ readers do not read H x H in SJ, but rather wait for the series to be released in its gathered and refined form.
Old 2008-10-06, 04:08   Link #96
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

This probably means 10 weeks HxH and then 10 weeks OP, and so on. At least we keep being entertained (I favor HxH slightly over OP) but can't help feeling annoyed if it were true. The delay of all those HxH chapters were bad enough.

But I shouldn't complain. I don't pay for any of it.
Old 2008-10-06, 04:19   Link #97
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
lol what if each one of them became their own captains and they end up being a fleet under luffy that would be so weird
Its plausible in the sense that luffy runs a really small crew and it doesn't seem like any of the other 4 emporers do. However, I have a feeling they'll get one more crew member (maybe 2) luffy at the beginning of the series said he wanted 10 crew members before entering the grand line with the aim of one piece. Of course they went with a lot less than that. It seemed assumed they'd just pickup more in the grand line instead. The New world is where raftel actually is and I won't be surprised if they pick up one more member before they head into the new world, two if luffy wasn't counting himself. Oda has a habit of tying things back in.
Old 2008-10-06, 08:29   Link #98
Vree

Y'know, I always thought that a nice loophole to have Usopp get his 8,000 followers would be to have him transported to Elbaf and give him a crew that consists of eight giants (which are said to have the strenght of a thousand men). Then, he could become a division captain under Luffy.

I don't see any of the other crewmembers aspiring to become division leaders, so while it's possible, if Luffy& Co. got themselves any sub-divisions they'll probably come with their own established officers.
Old 2008-10-06, 08:55   Link #99
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
this is wrong, so wrong just when one piece is becoming more interesting, they pull off something like that, at this rate maybe oda will never get to finish one piece
Old 2008-10-06, 09:24   Link #100
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

It's a bad news, really bad news.

I have a feeling that if that news is true, then after the Amazon Lily arc (which finish some time in 2010), Luffy would get on the ship to save Ace, then flash forward 5 years when he again appear (may be to beat the crap out of some New World guy) as Pirate King, and D Dragon has already won over the goverment.

Shaman King style ending.....